Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's the back story on Bob and "up north"?

+8
tGreenWay
Rocinante
NigelUno
goodbar
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
12 posters

Go down

What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? Empty What's the back story on Bob and "up north"?

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-10, 08:17

I don't get much into the archives of tSwill and Redseizure historical threads. Has Bob never been up north or something?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? Empty Re: What's the back story on Bob and "up north"?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-10, 08:32

My guess? Up north has been too commercialized through the Pure Michigan campaign. In Bob's quest to poop on all things mainstream he has decided that Up North is qualified to be mocked relentlessly.

Or maybe he has a Deliverance type experience in Escanaba once. What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? 2599972566
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? Empty Re: What's the back story on Bob and "up north"?

Post by DWags 2018-05-10, 09:13

He just loves mackinaw island because there aren’t cars.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-05-10, 09:15

DWags wrote:He just loves mackinaw island because there aren’t cars.

Good point right here.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-05-10, 10:03

Bob wants to experience up north. He's heard about it for decades. But he's afraid of the locals and knowing me on here hasn't helped.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-05-10, 10:50

LooseGoose wrote:Bob wants to experience up north. He's heard about it for decades. But he's afraid of the locals and knowing me on here hasn't helped.
What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? 502811600

I just have other stuff to do and other places to go.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-05-10, 12:58

bob's heard a lot about Up North and he might even ride his bike by there later & check it out.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-05-10, 13:01

goodbar wrote:bob's heard a lot about Up North and he might even ride his bike by there later & check it out.

Holy shit. It's alive.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-09, 11:20

so my daughter just got back from being "up north" with a friend... had a pretty good time, I guess.

Spent time in Beulah at a cabin on Crystal Lake. Then went up through Petoskey, etc - into Traverse City, I think. Toured some former mental health hospital.. seemed kinda weird to me but, ya know, whatever.

made their way to the UP - enjoyed Munising, Marquette.. went to Pictured Rocks. Camped one night in Hiawatha National Park.

sounded like a pretty good trip.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-09, 11:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so my daughter just got back from being "up north" with a friend... had a pretty good time, I guess.

Spent time in Beulah at a cabin on Crystal Lake. Then went up through Petoskey, etc - into Traverse City, I think. Toured some former mental health hospital.. seemed kinda weird to me but, ya know, whatever.

made their way to the UP - enjoyed Munising, Marquette.. went to Pictured Rocks. Camped one night in Hiawatha National Park.

That mental hospital is now a kitschy mall.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-09, 11:26

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so my daughter just got back from being "up north" with a friend... had a pretty good time, I guess.

I've never been. She showed me a picture or two.. one was down some scary lookin' hallway or tunnel or something. Maybe it was leading toward the gift shop.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-09, 11:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I've never been. She showed me a picture or two.. one was down some scary lookin' hallway or tunnel or something. Maybe it was leading toward the gift shop.

Oh yeah, I think part of it was kept as is and open for doing tours. I haven't been there since is was an old abandoned spooky looking place.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-07-09, 11:31

See Bob? Up North is a lot more than loafers, giant white lincoln navigators, and coordinated jean shirt outfit-with-yellow lab family photos on the beach.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-07-09, 11:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

https://www.thevillagetc.com/
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-07-09, 12:32

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

holy christ.

What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? 1706
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-09, 13:16

goodbar wrote:

See Bob? Up North is a lot more than loafers, giant white lincoln navigators, and coordinated jean shirt outfit-with-yellow lab family photos on the beach.
I'm sure it's a nice place.. despite all of the white folks.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-09, 13:17

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I've never been. She showed me a picture or two.. one was down some scary lookin' hallway or tunnel or something. Maybe it was leading toward the gift shop.

yeah! click on "tour" - and that's the tunnel thing she was telling me about. Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-07-09, 13:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
goodbar wrote:

I'm sure it's a nice place.. despite all of the white folks.

Yeah it's not like the places you visit in Central America where you have brown folks waiting on you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-09, 13:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

yeah! click on "tour" - and that's the tunnel thing she was telling me about. Shocked

I'm telling you guys, it was a spooky place before they turned it into a tourist trap.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-09, 13:31

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'm sure it's a nice place.. despite all of the white folks.

Yeah it's not like the places you visit in Central America where you have brown folks waiting on you.
Pura Vida....What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-07-09, 13:32

Just don't break down anywhere between Evart and Branch if you're not white.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-07-09, 13:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

reminds me of casa loma mansion in toronto.  there's a tunnel that leads to a half-finished underground pool Shocked
What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? 16724133817_e6c6a42908_b
What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? RON5777-pool
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-07-09, 13:42

Pool, my ass. That’s where the staff watched the biters and the screamers have at each other. Pure entertainment, but bring your earplugs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-09, 13:51

goodbar wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

reminds me of casa loma mansion in toronto.  there's a tunnel that leads to a half-finished underground pool Shocked

What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? Giphy
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-07-09, 13:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
goodbar wrote:

What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? Giphy

What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? 502811600
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-07-09, 14:12

goodbar wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

holy christ.

What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? 1706

When do the elevators start filling with blood? I'd like to change out of my Sunday best before that starts happening.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-07-09, 15:10

kingstonlake wrote:I don't get much into the archives of tSwill and Redseizure historical threads. Has Bob never been up north or something?

From what I've gathered, Bob is a pretty simple man with an excellent resting HR. He enjoys bike riding and drinking a few beers on the El Azteco patio. But generally stays with in a 5 mile radius of his home. Which has white or cream colored walls. I suspect his yard is simple, nothing crazy, and well mantained. Garage is probably very well organized with bike hooks and bike equipment/tools.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-09, 15:13

Nordic wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I don't get much into the archives of tSwill and Redseizure historical threads. Has Bob never been up north or something?

From what I've gathered, Bob is a pretty simple man with an excellent resting HR. He enjoys bike riding and drinking a few beers on the El Azteco patio. But generally stays with in a 5 mile radius of his home. Which has white or cream colored walls. I suspect his yard is simple, nothing crazy, and well mantained. Garage is probably very well organized with bike hooks and bike equipment/tools.
that is alarmingly accurate..

I'm impressed.. and terrified. Shocked scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-07-09, 15:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

that is alarmingly accurate..

I was at ElAz around 4:15 yesterday. Where were you?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-07-09, 15:20

What's the back story on Bob and "up north"? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqQ2yF2daK8EktXYdQx74n-RMANvWJleFHjQGs2lb9EEn4C3nm
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-07-09, 19:23

Nordic wrote:

Except for the hole in his living room floor. Did you ever get that fixed Bob?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-09, 20:00

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:that is alarmingly accurate..

I was at ElAz around 4:15 yesterday. Where were you?
Peanut Barrel.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-07-09, 20:01

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Except for the hole in his living room floor. Did you ever get that fixed Bob?
I've turned it into a tourist attraction.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-07-09, 20:07

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'm sure it's a nice place.. despite all of the white folks.

Does Trump get brown folks to work at Mar-A-Lago? Or does he bring in Eastern European/Russian folks?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-07-18, 23:06

Up north right now in Harbor Springs with the family. Parents going to pull the trigger and buy a place to live during the summer and fall once the old man retires in a couple years.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-07-18, 23:22

Bill Cain wrote:Up north right now in Harbor Springs with the family. Parents going to pull the trigger and buy a place to live during the summer and fall once the old man retires in a couple years.
Make sure to make reservations for the dinner theater at Boyne Highlands featuring The Young Americans.  Food is okay but the show is awesome.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down