Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking: Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.

+7
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Wally Fairway
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Breaking:  Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.  Empty Breaking: Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.

Post by DWags Wed 16 May 2018 - 11:59

For all you parents of MSU students and tax payers of Michigan, grab your wallet
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Breaking:  Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.  Empty Re: Breaking: Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 12:03

wow..

I think a settlement will help everyone move on.. victims, the university, etc.

DWags - maybe you and I can host a fundraiser folk concert in the park.. maybe a spaghetti dinner??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Breaking:  Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.  Empty Re: Breaking: Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.

Post by DWags Wed 16 May 2018 - 12:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:wow..

DWags - maybe you and I can host a fundraiser folk concert in the park.. maybe a spaghetti dinner??

Perfect. I’ll wear my birks and cargos
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 16 May 2018 - 12:06

I can host a BBQ cook off to help pay. $10k per rib. Perles might pay the whole suit off himself.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 16 May 2018 - 12:07

Bake sale, pot brownies would raise a lot of money.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 12:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I can host a BBQ cook off to help pay. $10k per rib. Perles might pay the whole suit off himself.
Breaking:  Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 12:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Bake sale, pot brownies would raise a lot of money.
good point - if I were to be the featured artist at our folk concert, we'd probably make money off of people paying me to stop.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 16 May 2018 - 12:28

Michigan State to pay Larry Nassar victims $500 million in settlements

Michigan State University has settled hundreds of lawsuits filed against it by the survivors of Larry Nassar's sexual assaults, according to multiple sources with knowledge.

The settlement will cost the school at least $500 million.

Attorney Jamie White, who represented dozens of women who sued the university, confirmed the settlement.

He said $425 million is to be paid now and $75 million will be held in reserve.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2018 - 12:31

Floyd Robertson wrote:Michigan State to pay Larry Nassar victims $500 million in settlements

Michigan State University has settled hundreds of lawsuits filed against it by the survivors of Larry Nassar's sexual assaults, according to multiple sources with knowledge.

The settlement will cost the school at least $500 million.

Attorney Jamie White, who represented dozens of women who sued the university, confirmed the settlement.

He said $425 million is to be paid now and $75 million will be held in reserve.

Less than I thought it would be.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 12:56

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Michigan State to pay Larry Nassar victims $500 million in settlements

Less than I thought it would be.
same... based on the Sandusky settlement.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 16 May 2018 - 12:58

This is an important statement by Jamie White. Very important.

Breaking:  Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.  Harns10

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 13:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:This is an important statement by Jamie White. Very important.

Breaking:  Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.  Harns10

True - and Jamie is a Spartan. His blood runs green - he took no pleasure in any of this and wanted to do what's best for everyone moving forward. He's always seemed like an honorable guy.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 16 May 2018 - 13:05

Tuition is going up, and Dwags will never buy the rig Goose has. this makes Dwags sad, unhappy, feeling blue and poor.   Poorer I should say.  My life is basically over.  Draining 401's which we planned on, but my biz partner who refused to pay for his kids college used his to build a nice house on Florida's west coast.  he says there's a spot for me down there.  I said, MSU has my florida house money  I'll be shoveling snow well into my 70's.  Of course the kid just told me, "Dad, Im going to buy you and mom a house someday."  Didn't we all have that dream about our parents?   I'm betting nah, they won't.   Welp, onward.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 13:08

DWags wrote:Tuition is going up, and Dwags will never buy the rig Goose has. this makes Dwags sad, unhappy, feeling blue and poor.   Poorer I should say.  My life is basically over.  Draining 401's which we planned on, but my biz partner who refused to pay for his kids college used his to build a nice house on Florida's west coast.  he says there's a spot for me down there.  I said, MSU has my florida house money  I'll be shoveling snow well into my 70's.  Of course the kid just told me, "Dad, Im going to buy you and mom a house someday."  Didn't we all have that dream about our parents?   I'm betting nah, they won't.   Welp, onward.
shoveling snow is one of my favorite things to do.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 16 May 2018 - 13:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Tuition is going up, and Dwags will never buy the rig Goose has. this makes Dwags sad, unhappy, feeling blue and poor.   Poorer I should say.  My life is basically over.  Draining 401's which we planned on, but my biz partner who refused to pay for his kids college used his to build a nice house on Florida's west coast.  he says there's a spot for me down there.  I said, MSU has my florida house money  I'll be shoveling snow well into my 70's.  Of course the kid just told me, "Dad, Im going to buy you and mom a house someday."  Didn't we all have that dream about our parents?   I'm betting nah, they won't.   Welp, onward.

Look in your PM, I sent you my address.  TIA
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 13:12

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Look in your PM, I sent you my address.  TIA
Breaking:  Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.  969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Wed 16 May 2018 - 13:51

I was hoping that the settlement would include Turd Ferguson having to resign.

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I can host a BBQ cook off to help pay. $10k per rib. Perles might pay the whole suit off himself.
I'd pay $10,000/rib if it paid for Joel to be gone (and George, Foster, Byrum and Lyons)

I'll bet you $100 that by the weekend there is a quote from a member of the BOT about the money grubbing girls got what they really wanted.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 16 May 2018 - 14:23

I'd guess the usoc will be on the hook for a similar amount. Assuming that works out to $2.5 million each. Not accounting for any attorney cut
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 14:24

now they need to go after Klages and that Twistars scumbag Geddert.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2018 - 14:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:now they need to go after Klages and that Twistars scumbag Geddert.

And the Karolyis if they have an insurance company.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2018 - 14:30

And Nasser's malpractice carrier. Lot's more targets.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 16 May 2018 - 14:31

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I'd guess the usoc will be on the hook for a similar amount. Assuming that works out to $2.5 million each. Not accounting for any attorney cut

Is this the part where you say that you'd let him finger you for a million bucks?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Wed 16 May 2018 - 14:35

Floyd Robertson wrote:This is an important statement by Jamie White. Very important.

Jamie about to be on Ryan Schuilings radio show
http://player.listenlive.co/40761
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 14:37

LooseGoose wrote:And Nasser's malpractice carrier. Lot's more targets.
yeah..

MSU will obviously have to raise tuition but they can't prices themselves out of the market. Students/families aren't going to pay for their previous grotesque indiscretions and lack of oversight/involvement.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2018 - 14:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:And Nasser's malpractice carrier. Lot's more targets.
yeah..

MSU will obviously have to raise tuition but they can't prices themselves out of the market. Students/families aren't going to pay for their previous grotesque indiscretions and lack of oversight/involvement.

I would assume a percentage of that would be covered by MSU's insurance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2018 - 14:44

Rocinante wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:I'd guess the usoc will be on the hook for a similar amount. Assuming that works out to $2.5 million each. Not accounting for any attorney cut

Is this the part where you say that you'd let him finger you for a million bucks?

Trying to assign your thoughts to others? Why drag that shit in here?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 14:45

Jamie White: "seems to me that USA Gymnastics wants to fight to the death and we're going to oblige them".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 14:46

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah..

I would assume a percentage of that would be covered by MSU's insurance.
agree. It'll be interesting - with this settlement, we'll be able to get a better handle on how the University plans to move forward financially. At least now the number is a known quantity.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 14:55

Jamie says "extreme relief" from the victims he's representing with regard to the settlement.

if you know anything at all about healing, healing cannot begin until a degree of resolution is achieved. I think they see this as the first step in that. Jamie says most of them are "Spartans" and want to be involved with MSU 'being better' and moving forward.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 16 May 2018 - 15:30

As someone mentioned above, I fully expected this to be much higher. Somewhere in the billion dollar category.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 15:38

tGreenWay wrote:As someone mentioned above, I fully expected this to be much higher. Somewhere in the billion dollar category.
I don't really know how it works but maybe this is a signal that, while negligent in many inexcusable ways, MSU might not be the bastion of evil that some outside entities have tried to attach to it. Maybe, if sheer dollars mean anything as a "unit of measurement" (for lack of a better term), USAG, USOC, Twistars, etc. will come with a higher degree of blame.

Breaking:  Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.  2599972566

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 15:41

oh - and I'd just soon never see that scumbag Nassar on my TV or computer screen again. With his little sad, pathetic face being dragged into court.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 16 May 2018 - 16:16

So, what became of Engler telling a victim "if i gave you 400K would that end this" or something like that?   How did it go from that to this in two weeks?  Was everyone telling the truth when this happened?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed 16 May 2018 - 16:30

Rocinante wrote:

Is that offer on the table?
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 16:53

DWags wrote:So, what became of Engler telling a victim "if i gave you 400K would that end this" or something like that?   How did it go from that to this in two weeks?  Was everyone telling the truth when this happened?
I suspect that story line was riddled with miscommunication, innuendo, emotion and a degree of "sometimes you hear what you want to hear".

did Engler say something along those lines? Probably.. did he whip out a checkbook, open up an ink pen and say "what will it take to make you go away"? probably not.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Wed 16 May 2018 - 16:55

part where you say that you'd let him finger you for a
I don't think it is the same offer, when you are negotiating prices before.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 16 May 2018 - 21:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:As someone mentioned above, I fully expected this to be much higher. Somewhere in the billion dollar category.
I don't really know how it works but maybe this is a signal that, while negligent in many inexcusable ways, MSU might not be the bastion of evil that some outside entities have tried to attach to it. Maybe, if sheer dollars mean anything as a "unit of measurement" (for lack of a better term), USAG, USOC, Twistars, etc. will come with a higher degree of blame.

Breaking:  Harns tweeting a settlement has been reached in the Nassar suit.  2599972566

We are the big fish with the very, very deep pockets.
I don't think all of those entities combined could pay out a $500m settlement, at least without turning over ownership to the victims.

So I would think they're going to pay a ton less, which should have no reflection at all on the extent of their fault.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 16 May 2018 - 21:19

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I don't really know how it works but maybe this is a signal that, while negligent in many inexcusable ways, MSU might not be the bastion of evil that some outside entities have tried to attach to it. Maybe, if sheer dollars mean anything as a "unit of measurement" (for lack of a better term), USAG, USOC, Twistars, etc. will come with a higher degree of blame.

We are the big fish with the very, very deep pockets.
I don't think all of those entities combined could pay out a $500m settlement, at least without turning over ownership to the victims.

So I would think they're going to pay a ton less, which should have no reflection at all on the extent of their fault.
it was just a thought.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 16 May 2018 - 23:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:now they need to go after Klages and that Twistars scumbag Geddert.

This.

Kudos to Engler for getting this handled so quickly. This could of dragged out and got ugly.

This is basically the amount I thought it would be. Though I thought there was a chance it could hit $1b.

I'm curious how much their insurance covers. A bit surprised how much was upfront, but I'm guessing MSU won't actually scratch a check(s) for $425m. It will be financed somehow. The rest of the $75m in reserve for those come forward down the road?

I dunno, I've only.had a chance to read this thread. tSwill is my go to news source.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 16 May 2018 - 23:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:So, what became of Engler telling a victim "if i gave you 400K would that end this" or something like that?   How did it go from that to this in two weeks?  Was everyone telling the truth when this happened?
I suspect that story line was riddled with miscommunication, innuendo, emotion and a degree of "sometimes you hear what you want to hear".

did Engler say something along those lines? Probably.. did he whip out a checkbook, open up an ink pen and say "what will it take to make you go away"? probably not.

This again. Damn Bob. Two in a row.

Engler wisely shut his mouth after that confrontation.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next