Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your current weather status

+34
SawGreen
Turtleneck
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Dendrobates
Frank Ricard
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Tim Wakefield
TheReal_LWS
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
duffy munn
aualum06
Nordic
InTenSity
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Death Roe
CORNER BLITZ
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Senior Dickfist
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
38 posters

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 5 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-29, 12:36

Getting dumped on today and it's pretty cold. Supposed to be -5 tomorrow.

About to fire up the snow optimist and remove a layer of snow on my lunch break.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 5 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-29, 12:57

MSU already cancelled classes for tomorrow. Post your current weather status - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-29, 13:09

Current status = indoors Post your current weather status - Page 5 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-29, 15:44

Floyd Robertson wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:My current status. Suck in a freeway closure. Been over an hour and 20 minutes. I haven't moved an inch in over. 45 minutes.

[tw]1090254244505108480[/tw]

Bummer.

That was it! Luckily I was pretty close to it when they closed the highway, and I was able to get by when they temporarily opened the right lane.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-29, 16:27

Warm and cuddly... in my pants.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2019-01-29, 16:27

I’m at work right now. Probably not showing up tomorrow since the weather will somehow get worse.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-01-29, 16:39

tGreenWay wrote:Warm and cuddly... in my pants.

No one believes that.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-29, 16:44

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Warm and cuddly... in my pants.

No one believes that.

It won’t be as cuddly once you leave.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-29, 20:15

Post your current weather status - Page 5 Img_2025

Post your current weather status - Page 5 Img_2026
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-29, 20:32

So this local comes up to me while I’m shoveling yesterday. He says “hey mr wags I’m .....(my kids) friend, I got these contracts for your neighbors drives, please go in, my crew will be here at 10 to do these drives and I insist you let me do yours for ....(my kid). “. I’m like no it’s cool, I’m almost done. He owns a gas station down the way, hard worker good kid, his pants were dirty and hands were grubby. I shook his hand said thanks “but really, stick a bill in my door”. I leave the last 1/3rd undone. Wake up this morning.... not done. But now the salt truck has salted the road and turned my enterance into rock hard ice. FUCK. So, what’s the proper move here?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2019-01-29, 20:37

36 and clear. Rain has moved out. Going to 25 overnight. Brr.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-01-29, 20:40

DWags wrote:So this local comes up to me while I’m shoveling yesterday. He says “hey mr wags I’m .....(my kids) friend, I got these contracts for your neighbors drives, please go in, my crew will be here at 10 to do these drives and I insist you let me do yours for ....(my kid). “. I’m like no it’s cool, I’m almost done. He owns a gas station down the way, hard worker good kid, his pants were dirty and hands were grubby. I shook his hand said thanks “but really, stick a bill in my door”. I leave the last 1/3rd undone. Wake up this morning.... not done. But now the salt truck has salted the road and turned my enterance into rock hard ice. FUCK. So, what’s the proper move here?
Grab a beer and debate whether to yell at them or finish it. Then grab a bourbon, so it warms you up on the way down while your shoveling. Try to finish both drinks before they freeze. Then get another drinks.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-29, 20:42

Dog hasn’t pooped since last night. Won’t stay out long enough to get things stirring. Might have to walk her for a block once I get home. Right now, I’m off to the store to get food. That’s right, I’m heading out into the belly of the beast!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-01-29, 20:45

DWags wrote:So this local comes up to me while I’m shoveling yesterday. He says “hey mr wags I’m .....(my kids) friend, I got these contracts for your neighbors drives, please go in, my crew will be here at 10 to do these drives and I insist you let me do yours for ....(my kid). “. I’m like no it’s cool, I’m almost done. He owns a gas station down the way, hard worker good kid, his pants were dirty and hands were grubby. I shook his hand said thanks “but really, stick a bill in my door”. I leave the last 1/3rd undone. Wake up this morning.... not done. But now the salt truck has salted the road and turned my enterance into rock hard ice. FUCK. So, what’s the proper move here?

Does it really matter at this point in time?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-29, 20:47

Get it done tomorrow when it’s marginally warmer, unless it’s warmer now than what tomorrow’s high is going to be. Simple misunderstanding, likely. But, when you see the kid, tell him neither daughter ever liked him. Better yet, fill up at his station, spill some gas leading back to the pump, light a match and GTFO of there. We’ve all seen your legs, DWags, you’ll have time to vacate.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-29, 20:50

InTenSity wrote:
Grab a beer and debate whether to yell at them or finish it. Then grab a bourbon, so it warms you up on the way down while your shoveling. Try to finish both drinks before they freeze. Then get another drinks.

This is good advice. Drive is clear. Wife says do t bitch to our kid about it. Kid bought the gas station with mom and dads insurance money. They e passed. He’s 22. If I see him at his station I might joke about it but I’ll probably just let it go.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-29, 20:52

tGreenWay wrote:

Get it done tomorrow when it’s marginally warmer, unless it’s warmer now than what tomorrow’s high is going to be. Simple misunderstanding, likely. But, when you see the kid, tell him neither daughter ever liked him. Better yet, fill up at his station, spill some gas leading back to the pump, light a match and GTFO of there. We’ve all seen your legs, DWags, you’ll have time to vacate.

Post your current weather status - Page 5 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-29, 20:52

47 and sunny tomorrow Razz
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-29, 20:53

aualum06 wrote:

Does it really matter at this point in time?

NO. I’m guessing his crew fucked up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-29, 20:57

Post your current weather status - Page 5 502811600 Post your current weather status - Page 5 502811600

Wags. That's the type of shit that only seems to happen to me.

Let me know if you want help, I'll probably be dying to get out of the house by late afternoon tomorrow. Hopefully my client doesn't come through with that proposed 5 pm meeting invite.

I foresee about 10 trips to Kroger and the gym over the next 2 days.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-01-29, 21:04

I'm a lazy fuck. With temps going up substantially after the vortex I'm gonna wait and just let it melt.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-29, 21:05

Cleared the driveway after a few bands of lake effect.. looking forward to hittin' it up again tomorrow. Cooking a steak for an early lunch.. few beers - solid nap.

I'm a planner. Post your current weather status - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2019-01-29, 21:36

High 43 tomorrow. Won't be 60 until Monday. Pray for us
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-29, 21:36

My drive was plowed. Sidewalks shoveled. Wind kicked up and drifted over it all. So oh well. Happens Everytime! That's what boots and 4WD are for!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2019-01-30, 06:10

Post your current weather status - Page 5 DSCF2053_zpsmeolf9tr

Water temp is about 77. Air is cooler. Windy, tho. Debating whether I want to go back to Michigan.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2019-01-30, 06:24

Post your current weather status - Page 5 DSCF2089%203_zpsrewh8ybi

My new pet says fuck cold
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-30, 07:03

My wife: "you shouldn't go outside. You're gonna die. You're not going to shovel are you? You're gonna die. You're not going to the grocery store are you? You're gonna die".

Me: "I like it better when you don't work from home".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-30, 08:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:My wife: "you shouldn't go outside. You're gonna die. You're not going to shovel are you? You're gonna die. You're not going to the grocery store are you? You're gonna die".

I think our wives might be related Bob. Here what I got last night and this morning. "The pipes are going to burst! We need to open the cabinets to get airflow to the pipes under the sink. We need a plan in case the power goes out. (OK, I agree with that one) I read online that trees can explode at this temperature."

Me: "Please get off the internet for a while."
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-30, 08:14

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:My wife: "you shouldn't go outside. You're gonna die. You're not going to shovel are you? You're gonna die. You're not going to the grocery store are you? You're gonna die".

I think our wives might be related Bob. Here what I got last night and this morning. "The pipes are going to burst! We need to open the cabinets to get airflow to the pipes under the sink. We need a plan in case the power goes out. (OK, I agree with that one) I read online that trees can explode at this temperature."

exactly.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-30, 08:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

exactly.

And then I got this old trusted line: "You don't take my concerns seriously."

Apparently trying to calm her down by saying it's been this cold before and nothing catastrophic happened was the wrong move. No
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-01-30, 08:25

To be honest it's warmer than I thought
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-30, 09:07

Frank Ricard wrote:Post your current weather status - Page 5 DSCF2053_zpsmeolf9tr

Water temp is about 77. Air is cooler. Windy, tho. Debating whether I want to go back to Michigan.

Far out!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-30, 09:14

Frank Ricard wrote:Post your current weather status - Page 5 DSCF2089%203_zpsrewh8ybi

I would be turning the water brown right here.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-01-30, 09:33

Frank Ricard wrote:Post your current weather status - Page 5 DSCF2053_zpsmeolf9tr

Water temp is about 77.  Air is cooler.  Windy, tho.  Debating whether I want to go back to Michigan.

That’s pretty awesome!
Where are you at?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2019-01-30, 09:45

Dendrobates wrote:

Water temp is about 77.  Air is cooler.  Windy, tho.  Debating whether I want to go back to Michigan.

That’s pretty awesome!
Where are you at?

Bimini. It's part of The Bahamas. 50 miles west of Miami. Tiny island. We flew out on a Sea plane and landed in the lagoon here. There's wasn't a short dude yelling 'daplane! Da plane!' tho when we landed.. That part was was disappointing.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-30, 10:01

Frank Ricard wrote:Post your current weather status - Page 5 DSCF2089%203_zpsrewh8ybi

I saw one of those from a sea plane while flying back to Key West from the Dry Tortugas. Those things are super cool.

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2019-01-30, 10:06; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-01-30, 10:01

Frank, your current weather status looks a little too toothy for me.  I'm going to stick with -9 degrees. Cool pics, though.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-30, 10:06

Pretty damn cool. I think I would do it. But hard to say for certain.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-01-30, 10:23

I’m jelly Frank!

Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-30, 10:25

It’s chilly here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next