Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll)

+19
InTenSity
tGreenWay
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
AvgMSUJoe
Dendrobates
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
GRR Spartan
Dr. Strangelove
Rocinante
23 posters

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

How will the Mueller investigation end?

Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_lcap21%Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_lcap0%Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_lcap7%Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_lcap29%Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_lcap0%Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_lcap21%Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_lcap7%Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Empty Re: Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll)

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-26, 13:22

Rocinante wrote:Here's another aspect of my feeling on this: Bob Mueller may have not done his job completely by refusing to make a call on obstruction. Maybe he narrowly defined what crimes he was looking at Trump obstructing and was only considering Russia stuff, but there may have been campaign finance crimes committed by Trump that were the actual reasons why he was obstructing. Where and when does that get looked at, if not in a supposedly nonpartisan special counsel investigation? We've all been so focused on Russia, and the president's weird behavior having something to do with that, what if his obstruction was actually about something else completely? Namely, the hush payments and everything surrounding them.

scratch
it's why the GOP doesn't want the Mueller report to ever see the light of day.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Empty Re: Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll)

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-27, 13:08

Like most people, I don't watch regular ass tv. But I saw Colbert's opening monologue and it was okay, except the part about the deep state which is around the middle. I laughed way too hard at it.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-28, 12:50

the whiny republicans are {sniffle} demanding that Adam {sniffle} Schiff resign.. Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600

hey America-hating racist bigots - elections matter.. if America hadn't decided back in November that you weren't capable of leading our country, you wouldn't be in the minority.

meanwhile, they refuse to release the Mueller report.. I suppose they don't want America to see the great extent to which it exonerates the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator. Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-28, 14:34

[tw]1111298901460611073[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-28, 14:36

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1111298901460611073[/tw]
that video was pretty impressive.

have you ever seen a bigger bunch of whiny, anti-America pansies in your life than the modern GOP?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-28, 14:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1111298901460611073[/tw]
that video was pretty impressive.

have you ever seen a bigger bunch of whiny, anti-America pansies in your life than the modern GOP?

It's amazing how he can calmly get his point across in 1:25 Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600

And to answer your question, no.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-28, 14:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: that video was pretty impressive.

It's amazing how he can calmly get his point across in 1:25
Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600

And to answer your question, no.
it was truly perfection. And showed everyone why America voted adults into the majority back in November of 2018.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-28, 15:49

The real question is, what are they going to do about it? Democrats get caught flat footed at every turn. Other than AOC, they just don't understand public perception in the 21st century. It's really weird that the Republicans learned lessons from Obama's victory, but the winning side didn't.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-28, 15:57

Rocinante wrote:The real question is, what are they going to do about it?  Democrats get caught flat footed at every turn.  Other than AOC, they just don't understand public perception in the 21st century.  It's really weird that the Republicans learned lessons from Obama's victory, but the winning side didn't.
while I agree with you, AOC is mocked at every step for being bright, articulate and engaging.. I've often thought that the Democrat's biggest problem is that they give the average American too much credit - you can only care as much as the people care. And America is a very stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-28, 16:31

Rocinante wrote:The real question is, what are they going to do about it? Democrats get caught flat footed at every turn. Other than AOC, they just don't understand public perception in the 21st century. It's really weird that the Republicans learned lessons from Obama's victory, but the winning side didn't.

Do you think Republicans understand public perception? Did they in November 2018?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-28, 17:11

NigelUno wrote:
Rocinante wrote:The real question is, what are they going to do about it? Democrats get caught flat footed at every turn. Other than AOC, they just don't understand public perception in the 21st century. It's really weird that the Republicans learned lessons from Obama's victory, but the winning side didn't.

Do you think Republicans understand public perception? Did they in November 2018?

Yes. They knew they were going to lose. Trump handed that to them, and may again. I'm talking about the way that the Republicans have learned how to quickly take advantage of any weakness, while the democrats have gotten much slower and more deliberate. They fear looking too rash and causing backlash, but their lack of action is causing backlash within their own party and amongst people who would generally lean Democrat. In my opinion.

I also think that the outlandish exaggerations that republican rank and file spout make good headlines for clicks and so the media is complicit in their messaging.

In other words, yes, I'm calling for the democrats to seize on every sleazy thing that republicans do and blow it way out of proportion. Fire with fire.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-28, 17:28

Rocinante wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Do you think Republicans understand public perception?  Did they in November 2018?  

Yes.  They knew they were going to lose.  Trump handed that to them, and may again.  I'm talking about the way that the Republicans have learned how to quickly take advantage of any weakness, while the democrats have gotten much slower and more deliberate.  They fear looking too rash and causing backlash, but their lack of action is causing backlash within their own party and amongst people who would generally lean Democrat.  In my opinion.

I also think that the outlandish exaggerations that republican rank and file spout make good headlines for clicks and so the media is complicit in their messaging.  

In other words, yes, I'm calling for the democrats to seize on every sleazy thing that republicans do and blow it way out of proportion.  Fire with fire.

I think we're so polarized right now that the days of the courting the independent vote are fading away.  Mobilize a voter registration effort.  And be serious about it.  Now you can go extreme on why they need to register and vote (its not really fear mongering as we've seen what the right wants to do).  There are so many left leaning people who don't actually vote.  They could slaughter the GOP if they actually got off there ass and did. Sitting out isn't an option anymore.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-03-28, 17:41

https://www.theringer.com/2019/3/28/18284598/media-donald-trump-mueller-report
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-28, 17:59

Cameron wrote:https://www.theringer.com/2019/3/28/18284598/media-donald-trump-mueller-report

I'm talking as much about the NYT and WaPo as any of the cable channels and shitposting websites. They all pick up the outlandish claims that the Republicans live on. The author's point about how so many stories were about what we didn't know is right on though. I was very aware of the abundance of "what happens if" stories and they sickened me. I still want to see the report, but Democrats just can't stop shooting themselves in the dick.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-03-28, 18:14

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:https://www.theringer.com/2019/3/28/18284598/media-donald-trump-mueller-report

I'm talking as much about the NYT and WaPo as any of the cable channels and shitposting websites. They all pick up the outlandish claims that the Republicans live on. The author's point about how so many stories were about what we didn't know is right on though. I was very aware of the abundance of "what happens if" stories and they sickened me. I still want to see the report, but Democrats just can't stop shooting themselves in the dick.

I thought it was a worthwhile article solely for pointing out that, all too frequently, the "media" actually just means "some randoms on twitter."
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-28, 20:12

Cameron wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I thought it was a worthwhile article solely for pointing out that, all too frequently, the "media" actually just means "some randoms on twitter."
if there was only someone here who consistently denounced the mainstream media.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-29, 10:10

[tw]1111604997958057989[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-29, 10:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600

[tw]1111604997958057989[/tw]

the GOP and the mainstream media are just hoping it goes away.. so watch as they ramp up the hate speech and the {gasp} - "can you believe he said this" talk, analysis and reporting.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-11, 10:58

ex-Obama counsel rumored to be indicted in case stemming from Mueller investigation..

(CNN) - Attorneys for Greg Craig, a prominent Democratic lawyer and former White House counsel in the Obama administration, said Wednesday evening that they expect him to be indicted by federal prosecutors in a case that stems from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link

the best part of this is going to be watching the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator, his minions in the mainstream media and the deplorables praise this... after whining for years about Mueller and a "witch hunt", a "hoax".. an illegal investigation.. a corrupt FBI, a corrupt DOJ, etc.

suddenly, if it involves the colored boy from Kenya, I suspect they'll be extolling the virtue of the witch hunt. Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600  Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-12, 11:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:ex-Obama counsel rumored to be indicted in case stemming from Mueller investigation..

(CNN) - Attorneys for Greg Craig, a prominent Democratic lawyer and former White House counsel in the Obama administration, said Wednesday evening that they expect him to be indicted by federal prosecutors in a case that stems from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

the best part of this is going to be watching the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator, his minions in the mainstream media and the deplorables praise this... after whining for years about Mueller and a "witch hunt", a "hoax".. an illegal investigation.. a corrupt FBI, a corrupt DOJ, etc.

suddenly, if it involves the colored boy from Kenya, I suspect they'll be extolling the virtue of the witch hunt. Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600  Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600
sigh.. these fine patriotic christians make it so easy for people like me..

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

President Obama’s top White House lawyer, Gregory B. Craig, was indicted yesterday on very serious charges. This is a really big story, but the Fake News New York Times didn’t even put it on page one, rather page 16. @washingtonpost not much better, “tiny” page one. Corrupt News!

Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600 Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600 Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-12, 11:37

and, if you're interested in facts.. Craig was fired by the colored boy from Kenya in 2010.. the indictments stemmed from dealing with Paul Manafort in 2012..

oh - and Paul Manafort was the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator's campaign manager.

and he's currently in prison.

but, yeah.... Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-15, 13:33

the sanitized version of the report that was never going to find anything anyway is coming Thursday - which will totally exonerate the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator except that it won't.. except that it will. Or maybe not, yeah it will. I think I'll tune into the mainstream media to get the full story..

LOOK BROWN PEOPLE ARE COMING TO KILL YOU!!! Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 1550444538 Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 1550444538 Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 1550444538

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-16, 13:58

in an attempt to make the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator seem unscathed by comparison, the mainstream media is ramping up expectations of the Mueller Report (again)...Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600

MSNBC - Some of the dozen-plus officials interviewed by Mueller are concerned about president's 'wrath' if they are seen as a source of damaging information in Thursday's report. Reporter Carol Lee discusses.

(prepare to be very underwhelmed by it)...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-04-18, 08:14

Here's what I don't understand about Barr's machinations and issuing a redacted report...what grounds does he have? The only thing I can think of NatSec, but what else could there be beyond what we already know about the Russian troll farm meddling?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-18, 08:24

Floyd Robertson wrote:Here's what I don't understand about Barr's machinations and issuing a redacted report...what grounds does he have? The only thing I can think of NatSec, but what else could there be beyond what we already know about the Russian troll farm meddling?
Barr auditioned for the role of Chief Cover Up Officer and got it via the corrupt GOP party... I suspect the corruption goes much deeper than the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator. I'm certain McConnell, Graham, Nunes, Meadows, et al. are in deep with Russia.

again, I hate to keep harping on it but the only people that are going to save America is ourselves. Gotta vote.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-04-18, 08:31

Collusion.
Obstruction of justice.

Nothing to see here.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-04-18, 09:49

Well, at least he answered my question about ground for redactions...related to other ongoing investigations.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-18, 10:47

Barr’s long history of protection of presidential power, and what some (including me) would define as coverup, follows a particular pattern. I would expect to see some pardons, advocated by Barr (whether that’s immediately evident or not) in the near future. The choice by Mueller to pass off cases to the states was prescient. The guy knew what he had and knew the history, and set this up so that investigations can continue. The only reason he would do that is because he knows something. Maybe he didn’t have enough evidence to prosecute, but there’s something there that he didn’t want buried, now his gauntlet will be run by the various parties and we’ll see, I guess, how well he set the pieces in place. Regardless of what happens, the guy (Mueller) is a goddamn hero.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-18, 11:11

William Barr's Been Accused of a Presidential Cover-up Before
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-04-18, 11:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:Here's what I don't understand about Barr's machinations and issuing a redacted report...what grounds does he have? The only thing I can think of NatSec, but what else could there be beyond what we already know about the Russian troll farm meddling?

I believe it's illegal to release the report to the public unredacted. Congress had to subpoena Haldemans report to impeach Nixon. Courts decided the report was needed for Congress to do it's constitutional job of checks and balamces
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-18, 11:26

EXONERATION!!! Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-04-18, 11:29

kingstonlake wrote:

I believe it's illegal to release the report to the public unredacted. Congress had to subpoena Haldemans report to impeach Nixon. Courts decided the report was needed for Congress to do it's constitutional job of checks and balamces

Hmmm, wasn't Starr's report released without redaction? I thought I saw a comparison to that on the news yesterday.

Anyway, happy reXXXng.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-18, 11:30

Some of the redactions are so obvious, based on what we know.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-18, 11:44

There is so much subtext in this report.  

Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Captur29
Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Captur28

One paragraph later:

"A statement that the investigation did not establish particular facts does not mean that there were was no evidence of those facts"

I'm barely 3 pages in and already this is nothing close to a "total exoneration".
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-04-18, 11:47

I hate that this was released as a scan converted to PDF and you can't copy specific sections as text.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-18, 12:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:I hate that this was released as a scan converted to PDF and you can't copy specific sections as text.

very deliberate. The thing is objectively good reading. Not boring at all (so far).
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-18, 12:06

Erik Prince, racist extraordinaire, war profiteer, and brother to Betsy DeVos, name-dropped as one of the many trump associates that had GRU contacts.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-18, 12:08

I mean, Jesus...

Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Captur30
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-18, 12:28

There is SO much hedging in this report. They had witnesses who invoked the 5th and they chose not to pursue (Don Jr?), there were deleted communications that were unrecoverable, making it impossible to corroborate witness testimony (Kushner?). There is constant qualifying statements like:

Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 Captur31
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-18, 12:31

In like the part where the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator said "I'm fucked".

He clearly underestimated his christian support. Mueller investigation outcome predictions (Poll) - Page 11 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next