Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zach Smith is melting down on Twitter

+10
Rocinante
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Banks2Mason
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Zach Smith is melting down on Twitter - Page 2 Empty Re: Zach Smith is melting down on Twitter

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-30, 07:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't know, here's what bugs me about the situation. 

What's the real issue here? I mean Nordy is obviously well read on the subject and he has concluded that Smith is a piece of shit, and that he touched his wife inappropriately. Those seem like reasonable conclusions. However, that is not the real issue here, nor the story, and McMurphy and others have moved the target a bit. 

The ONLY thing that matters here as a "story" is can it be proven that he is a domestic abuser (note - in my eyes this is different than inappropriately restraining) and more importantly did Urban know about it and keep him on staff or cover it up?

The snippets of texts don't prove anything. Context is important. Was Shelly Meyer pandering to Courtney because she was unhinged? The "I know!" text? I don't know the context, or what the previous or next texts said. I don't even know if it's real. They easily could have been spliced together. The photos are not definitive. They very much look like photos of what he claimed. The fact that he was arrested but not charged is important. The fact that the police were called 7 or 13x or whatever and he was only arrested once is important. The fact that her mother has backed the other side of the story is important.

Look I'm not personally arguing that the guy is not a domestic abuser. I am not drawing any conclusions. I'm just saying it hasn't been proven and if I'm looking at Urban's actions and motivations I think it very much paints a picture that Urban did not find her stable or believable. I mean shit even if you don't care about context and are willing to take the texts and photos and conclude that YES he is a domestic abuser....so what? Did Urban see the pictures at the time, did he see the texts? 

And the fact that he had dildos shipped to his office and had an affair with a staffer and all of that - if you can prove Urban knew about it....is still completely irrelevant. Because the important issue is domestic abuse. 

Was he a wife beater, can it be proven, and can it be proven that Urban knew about it and covered up for him. That is all that matters. The rest is window dressing. 

I mean I barely care about Urban Meyer, I don't really give a shit about Zach Smith. The justice mob does bug me, though, and the way McMurphy framed and reported the story and continued to hammer home details that were mostly irrelevant to fuel the mob was Lavigne-esque.

There has been enough evidence to get a trespassing charge against Zach, a restraining order and enough to cost him his job.

You can’t just shrug off 9 years of repeated calls to the cop and the documented reasons why they were called are horrific and show a repeated pattern.

I’m not really shocked that Zach never went to jail or that of the dozens of times the cops were called that he was never charged. Look at other examples Oj got away with abuse and then some, and a judge dismissed chargers against Ray Rice. Kind of leads me to believe it’s not that easy for a woman to get justice when she’s a victim of domestic violence. Look at the stats in the Ray Rice article for N.J. towards the bottom.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/05/21/judge-dismissed-domestic-violence-charges-against-ray-rice/27709875/

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Zach Smith is melting down on Twitter - Page 2 Empty Re: Zach Smith is melting down on Twitter

Post by DWags 2018-08-30, 07:43

steveschneider wrote:

What's the real issue here? I mean Nordy is obviously well read on the subject and he has concluded that Smith is a piece of shit, and that he touched his wife inappropriately. Those seem like reasonable conclusions. However, that is not the real issue here, nor the story, and McMurphy and others have moved the target a bit. 

The ONLY thing that matters here as a "story" is can it be proven that he is a domestic abuser (note - in my eyes this is different than inappropriately restraining) and more importantly did Urban know about it and keep him on staff or cover it up?

The snippets of texts don't prove anything. Context is important. Was Shelly Meyer pandering to Courtney because she was unhinged? The "I know!" text? I don't know the context, or what the previous or next texts said. I don't even know if it's real. They easily could have been spliced together. The photos are not definitive. They very much look like photos of what he claimed. The fact that he was arrested but not charged is important. The fact that the police were called 7 or 13x or whatever and he was only arrested once is important. The fact that her mother has backed the other side of the story is important.

Look I'm not personally arguing that the guy is not a domestic abuser. I am not drawing any conclusions. I'm just saying it hasn't been proven and if I'm looking at Urban's actions and motivations I think it very much paints a picture that Urban did not find her stable or believable. I mean shit even if you don't care about context and are willing to take the texts and photos and conclude that YES he is a domestic abuser....so what? Did Urban see the pictures at the time, did he see the texts? 

And the fact that he had dildos shipped to his office and had an affair with a staffer and all of that - if you can prove Urban knew about it....is still completely irrelevant. Because the important issue is domestic abuse. 

Was he a wife beater, can it be proven, and can it be proven that Urban knew about it and covered up for him. That is all that matters. The rest is window dressing. 

I mean I barely care about Urban Meyer, I don't really give a shit about Zach Smith. The justice mob does bug me, though, and the way McMurphy framed and reported the story and continued to hammer home details that were mostly irrelevant to fuel the mob was Lavigne-esque.

There has been enough evidence to get a trespassing charge against Zach, a restraining order and enough to cost him his job.

You can’t just shrug off 9 years of repeated calls to the cop and the documented reasons why they were called are horrific and show a repeated pattern.

I’m not really shocked that Zach never went to jail or that of the dozens of times the cops were called that he was never charged. Look at other examples Oj got away with abuse and then some, and a judge dismissed chargers against Ray Rice. Kind of leads me to believe it’s not that easy for a woman to get justice when she’s a victim of domestic violence. Look at the stats in the Ray Rice article for N.J. towards the bottom.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2015/05/21/judge-dismissed-domestic-violence-charges-against-ray-rice/27709875/

Imagine how frustrated you’d be if that was your sister, daughter, friend. At some point you ask how much proof would you like?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-30, 08:17

Nordic wrote:Still going strong...

[tw]1035028571314638848[/tw]

The guy fired for highly questionable behavior just asked Brett McMurphy to come by his house so he can be a big boy reporter? I know we had a shitload of missteps in the public eye for the last year or so, but someone needs to tell him to calm the fuck down. This is getting stupid.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-30, 08:38

I'm no fan of Zach Smith but as posted earlier this is pure bullshit:

Smith was fired by Ohio State this July after allegations of domestic abuse came to light. Urban Meyer was placed on administrative leave, and further digging into Smith's time in Columbus revealed some other transgressions.

One of them was the strip club trip, where Smith spent $600 of his own money. At least he had the decency not to list it on his expense report.

So now going to a strip club and spending your own money is a "transgression"??? WTF?
This is your media in 2018 - holier than thou until it's one of their own.

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2018/08/tom_herman_tossed_under_the_bu.html

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-30, 08:39

Death Roe wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Trying a case in the court of public opinion is never easy. (Especially now a days with the twitterverse, etc.)

Hell, it's possible the dude isn't guilty of anything and she is just bat-shit crazy... and ESPN did fuck the duck. (we know they are prone to do such things)

Once again, you never cease to amaze me in terms of how dull and dense you must be in real life.

da fuq?

Hey asshole, I have NO idea what this douchbag did or didn't do (I personally don't give a fuck)... I was merely stating it would be easy for the public (including you apparently) to jump the shit due to whatever ESPN is telling you... and that might not be the smartest option. (Unless you do think Izzo and Dantonio are aiding and abetting rapists, er "culture of sexual assault".)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-30, 09:18

steveschneider wrote:

There has been enough evidence to get a trespassing charge against Zach,  a restraining order and enough to cost him his job.

And you're still missing the point. But that's fine.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-30, 09:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

There has been enough evidence to get a trespassing charge against Zach,  a restraining order and enough to cost him his job.

And you're still missing the point. But that's fine.

Im not missing any points you made. we just disagree.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-30, 09:40

I don't really think we do. You're trying to convince me Smith is a domestic abuser.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-30, 09:41

steveschneider wrote: we just disagree.

There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy
There's only you and me and we just disagree
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-30, 10:04

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote: we just disagree.

There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy
There's only you and me and we just disagree

Zach Smith is melting down on Twitter - Page 2 502811600
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-11-11, 22:09

Bump. Zach is at it again and doesn't seem to like Tom Herman very much

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachZachSmith
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-11, 22:19

He'll be in rehab soon. Or dead.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-11, 22:45

Zach Smith is melting down on Twitter - Page 2 502811600 That was entertaining.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-11, 22:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:He'll be in rehab soon. Or dead.

Doesn’t seem like the guy who would voluntarily enter rehab, so, probably Zach Smith is melting down on Twitter - Page 2 3836498553 especially after Tom Herman sees those tweets, although I’m sure he’ll make it look like an accident. Zach Smith is melting down on Twitter - Page 2 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-11-11, 22:57

He posted a screen shot of text messages between him and Herman. Too lazy to look for it. But Herman basically responded to his threats with "Ok cool. Hook 'em"
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-11, 22:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:He posted a screen shot of text messages between him and Herman. Too lazy to look for it. But Herman basically responded to his threats with "Ok cool. Hook 'em"

Yep, I saw it. Zach Smith is melting down on Twitter - Page 2 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-11, 23:12

I’m a broken record with this but not shocked a football coach can be a scumbag. And there are a lot of coaches.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-12, 07:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m a broken record with this but not shocked a football coach can be a scumbag. And there are a lot of coaches.

Dealing with excessive injuries can send them over the edge.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-11-12, 07:50

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m a broken record with this but not shocked a football coach can be a scumbag. And there are a lot of coaches.

Dealing with excessive injuries can send them over the edge.

lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-12, 08:42

Does this guy have any friends? It's intervention time.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-11-12, 09:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Does this guy have any friends? It's intervention time.

yeah, it's not even fun to read that stuff. It's bad, this guy is definitely got a screw loose and needs to get some help.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-12, 09:56

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Does this guy have any friends? It's intervention time.

yeah, it's not even fun to read that stuff. It's bad, this guy is definitely got a screw loose and needs to get some help.

Multiple brain injuries have affected him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-18, 02:24

Tom Herman’s wife trolls Smith. Zach Smith is melting down on Twitter - Page 2 502811600

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/texas-coach-tom-hermans-wife-trolls-zach-smith-ice-cold-t-shirt-011518950.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2