Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread..

+21
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
Frank Ricard
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
Heat Miser
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Dr. Strangelove
steveschneider
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
25 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread.. - Page 13 Empty Re: tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread..

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:08 pm

Had to get back to work, but holy shit this press conference was mind boggling. There's political speak, and then there's Trump talking about nonsense that isn't even remotely related to the questions being asked. I hope someone breaks down everything he's said today, good lord it's the rantings of a lunatic. We have a full on nutball running this country.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread.. - Page 13 Empty Re: tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:11 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
if the white little racist, bigoted christian sexual predator can't handle a bunch of mainstream media types.. imagine how he's going to react when his tax returns are under subpoena.

sounds like he's starting to realize that his "tremendous night" last night wasn't so tremendous.

tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread.. - Page 13 502811600

Congratulations Trump you just lost the house now here's your subpoena.

Saw Joan Walsh and Jake Tapper mention that this election shows Trump has done nothing to expand his base and his base has eroded in the midwest and the suburbs. Dems made races in GA, FL, TX and other red states very competitive. Saw that JP Morgan said this was the biggest loss for a party when the economy was good. After two years of this nightmare I think pathway out of it is starting to emerge.
yep - the racist, bigoted sexual predator appeals to racist bigots.. shocking. tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread.. - Page 13 502811600

however, he lost Governor seats in PA, MI and WI.. along with a heavily gerrymandered House. The knuckle-draggers attach their racist wagon to him at their own peril.

He's melting down - coming totally unhinged.. thoughts of subpoenas and indictments dancing in his feeble head. And it's glorious to watch. tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread.. - Page 13 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:11 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Had to get back to work, but holy shit this press conference was mind boggling. There's political speak, and then there's Trump talking about nonsense that isn't even remotely related to the questions being asked. I hope someone breaks down everything he's said today, good lord it's the rantings of a lunatic. We have a full on nutball running this country.
but... wait.. I thought he said last night was a "tremendous night".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:21 pm

Just wow. He’s a total nut job folks. [tw]1060234473327992834[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:21 pm

President Trump and CNN's Jim Acosta just had a tense exchange during the President's morning-after midterms press conference.

Acosta, a frequent target of Trump's attacks on the media, questioned if the President thinks he demonized immigrants when he called the migrant caravan an "invasion."

When a White House staffer tried to end Acosta's questions, Trump called Acosta a "rude, terrible person" -- then called an NBC News reporter "fake news" when he came to Acosta's defense.

Here's a portion of their exchange:

Acosta: Do you think you demonized immigrants to try to keep...

Trump: No, I want them to come into the country. But they have to come in legally. Through a process. I want it to be a process. And I want people to come in. And we need the people. Wait, wait. You know why we need the people? Because we have hundreds of companies move in. We need to people.

Acosta: Your campaign had an ad showing migrants climbing over walls and so on...

Trump: That's true. They were not actors. It is true. Do you think that they were actors? They did not come from Hollywood. These were people, this was an actual -- it happened a few days ago and...

Acosta: They are hundreds of miles away. That is not an invasion.

Trump: Honestly I think that you should let me run the country. You run CNN. And if you did it well, your ratings will be much higher.

Acosta: If I may ask one other question.

Trump: That's enough.

Acosta: The other folks asked, pardon me, ma'am...

An unidentified woman attempted to reach f the mic from Acosta.

Acosta: If I can ask on the Russian investigation. Are you concerned that you may have...

Trump: I am not concerned about anything with the Russian investigation because it is a hoax. That is enough, put down the mic.

Acosta: Mr. President.

Trump: I tell you what, CNN should be ashamed of themselves having you working for them. You are rude, terrible person. You should not be working for CNN. Go ahead. You are a very rude person, the way that you treat Sarah Huckabee Sanders is horrible. The way that you treat other people is horrible. You should not treat people that way.

Trump then called on another reporter, Peter Alexander

Alexander: In Jim's defense I've traveled with him and watched him, he is a diligent reporter who busts his butt...

Trump: I'm not a big fan of yours either, to be honest ... You are not the best ... Just sit down, please. When you report fake news — no. When you report fake news, which CNN does a lot, you're the enemy of the people.

Steve found a clip. Nice.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
President Trump and CNN's Jim Acosta just had a tense exchange during the President's morning-after midterms press conference.

Acosta, a frequent target of Trump's attacks on the media, questioned if the President thinks he demonized immigrants when he called the migrant caravan an "invasion."

When a White House staffer tried to end Acosta's questions, Trump called Acosta a "rude, terrible person" -- then called an NBC News reporter "fake news" when he came to Acosta's defense.

Here's a portion of their exchange:

Acosta: Do you think you demonized immigrants to try to keep...

Trump: No, I want them to come into the country. But they have to come in legally. Through a process. I want it to be a process. And I want people to come in. And we need the people. Wait, wait. You know why we need the people? Because we have hundreds of companies move in. We need to people.

Acosta: Your campaign had an ad showing migrants climbing over walls and so on...

Trump: That's true. They were not actors. It is true. Do you think that they were actors? They did not come from Hollywood. These were people, this was an actual -- it happened a few days ago and...

Acosta: They are hundreds of miles away. That is not an invasion.

Trump: Honestly I think that you should let me run the country. You run CNN. And if you did it well, your ratings will be much higher.

Acosta: If I may ask one other question.

Acosta: The other folks asked, pardon me, ma'am...

An unidentified woman attempted to reach f the mic from Acosta.

Acosta: If I can ask on the Russian investigation. Are you concerned that you may have...

Trump: I am not concerned about anything with the Russian investigation because it is a hoax. That is enough, put down the mic.

Acosta: Mr. President.

Trump: I tell you what, CNN should be ashamed of themselves having you working for them. You are rude, terrible person. You should not be working for CNN. Go ahead. You are a very rude person, the way that you treat Sarah Huckabee Sanders is horrible. The way that you treat other people is horrible. You should not treat people that way.

Trump then called on another reporter, Peter Alexander

Alexander: In Jim's defense I've traveled with him and watched him, he is a diligent reporter who busts his butt...

Trump: I'm not a big fan of yours either, to be honest ... You are not the best ... Just sit down, please. When you report fake news — no. When you report fake news, which CNN does a lot, you're the enemy of the people.

Steve found a clip. Nice.

The footage of that White House aid trying to rip the mic out of his hands and trumps body language says it all. Reminds me of a big time meltdown on the old board after one of the same old Spartans football 4th quarter implosions.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Watching Trump's press conference right now. What a shitshow. He's yelling at everyone in the press corp right now.
if the white little racist, bigoted christian sexual predator can't handle a bunch of mainstream media types.. imagine how he's going to react when his tax returns are under subpoena.

sounds like he's starting to realize that his "tremendous night" last night wasn't so tremendous.

Someone on CNN was saying something similar last night. Something to the effect of, how the only opposition he's known is from the media, and if he thinks that THEY are bad, wait until he sees what an opposition party with subpoena power is going to be like.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:54 pm

My wife texted me something about him going after Oprah, saying that he doesn't know why she doesn't like him, because she used to like him. See, this is a great example of why I wonder if Trump believes the shit he says. Sometimes it is like a game to him, and he doesn't take it seriously. I'm not sure he even believes the things he says. He used to be very much a moderate. Supporting the Clintons, never beating the Republican drum. That's when he was friends with Oprah and people like that. But dude, you say all this racist shit, you say/do all this misogynistic shit, and you stand by that behavior. It's not a fucking acting role where you're just playing a part. Or at least it shouldn't be. Whether you're saying what you truly believe or not, as the most public figure in the world, what you say reflects who you are, and what people think of you.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:54 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: if the white little racist, bigoted christian sexual predator can't handle a bunch of mainstream media types.. imagine how he's going to react when his tax returns are under subpoena.

Someone on CNN was saying something similar last night. Something to the effect of, how the only opposition he's known is from the media, and if he thinks that THEY are bad, wait until he sees what an opposition party with subpoena power is going to be like.
yep - it's gonna be pretty awesome.

I think he's pretty stupid. Which is why he thought last night was a "tremendous night" - someone with a 5th grade education must've explained to him the phenomenon associated with the "balance of powers" and that, for the first time in his life, he's going to be held accountable for his actions.

that is, if the Democrats have a spine.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:55 pm

The democrats should make pelosi speaker.... not necessarily because she’s a great speaker or anything like that, though she may or may not be but that’s not what I’m talking about here... one thing we know for sure is that for the next two years places like Fox News and general conservative media are going to be spinning conspiracy theories and rallying against someone. It’s what they do. And they haaaaaaaate her. Let them focus their attention on her and spend less time making up insane bullshit on potential presidential candidates. 

Same reason why I hope elizabeth Warren runs. (And sometimes I wonder if this is why she released those seemingly ill timed genetic results.) Not that I want her to win, but because let them focus their attention on her, taking smear job time away from others.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Proud of Michigan passing prop 1.

So what's the timeline for an individual to be able to stroll on into Meijer and pick up a couple of ounces?

My understanding is that people can legally posses 10 days after election results are certified (so probably early December). Probably won't be able to buy it retail until late 2019 or 2020. Licensing and whatnot.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:57 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:My wife texted me something about him going after Oprah, saying that he doesn't know why she doesn't like him, because she used to like him.   See, this is a great example of why I wonder if Trump believes the shit he says.  Sometimes it is like a game to him, and he doesn't take it seriously.  I'm not sure he even believes the things he says.  He used to be very much a moderate.  Supporting the Clintons, never beating the Republican drum.  That's when he was friends with Oprah and people like that.  But dude, you say all this racist shit, you say/do all this misogynistic shit, and you stand by that behavior.  It's not a fucking acting role where you're just playing a part.  Or at least it shouldn't be.  Whether you're saying what you truly believe or not, as the most public figure in the world, what you say reflects who you are, and what people think of you.  
it's all one big reality TV show to him.

and he knows that he can manipulate the racist, bigoted knuckle-draggers - as I've said plenty of times, racism, hate, bigotry - all very strong personality attributes and it doesn't take much to coerce people by appealing to those dark places.

most of us are more well-adjusted - which is why a lot of us can't quite understand the depths of the gullibility that these people demonstrate.

I think he'll come to regret the day he was elected by the deplorables.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Same reason why I hope elizabeth Warren runs. (And sometimes I wonder if this is why she released those seemingly ill timed genetic results.) Not that I want her to win, but because let them focus their attention on her, taking smear job time away from others.

FTR, I love the Anti-corruption act she is proposing.
Warren wrote:
What’s in the Anti-Corruption and Public Integrity Act
The Anti-Corruption and Public Integrity Act is a wide-ranging bill that focuses on getting money and lobbying out of politics in all three branches: executive, legislative, and judicial. There’s a lot in the proposal, but here are the key parts:

• A lifetime ban on lobbying for presidents, vice presidents, members of Congress, federal judges, and Cabinet secretaries.
  • Multi-year lobbying bans for federal employees (both Congressional staffers and employees of federal agencies). The span of time would be least two years, and six years for corporate lobbyists.
  • Requiring the president and vice president to place assets that could present a conflict of interest — including real estate — in a blind trust and sell them off.
  • Requiring the IRS to release eight years’ worth of tax returns for all presidential and vice presidential candidates, as well as requiring them to release tax returns during each year in office. The IRS would also have to release two years’ worth of tax returns for members of Congress, and require them to release tax returns for each lawmaker’s year in office.
  • Banning members of Congress, Cabinet secretaries, federal judges, White House staff, senior congressional staff, and other officials from owning individual stocks while in office.
  • Changing the rulemaking process of federal agencies to severely restrict the ability of corporations or industry to delay or influence rulemaking.
  • Creating a new independent US Office of Public Integrity, which would enforce the nation’s ethics laws, and investigate any potential violations. The office would also try to strengthen open records laws, making records more easily accessible to the public and the press.

She also wants all lobbying to be public meetings with records.

https://www.vox.com/2018/8/21/17760916/elizabeth-warren-anti-corruption-act-bill-lobbying-ban-president-trump
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The democrats should make pelosi speaker.... not necessarily because she’s a great speaker or anything like that, though she may or may not be but that’s not what I’m talking about here... one thing we know for sure is that for the next two years places like Fox News and general conservative media are going to be spinning conspiracy theories and rallying against someone. It’s what they do. And they haaaaaaaate her. Let them focus their attention on her and spend less time making up insane bullshit on potential presidential candidates. 

yep - a smart, confident, independent woman drives the knuckle-draggers insane. tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread.. - Page 13 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Would be the Second time repubs have pulled this shit.

[tw]1060301509584404480[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Jim Acosta got his press credentials pulled.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:41 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The democrats should make pelosi speaker.... not necessarily because she’s a great speaker or anything like that, though she may or may not be but that’s not what I’m talking about here... one thing we know for sure is that for the next two years places like Fox News and general conservative media are going to be spinning conspiracy theories and rallying against someone. It’s what they do. And they haaaaaaaate her. Let them focus their attention on her and spend less time making up insane bullshit on potential presidential candidates. 

yep - a smart, confident, independent woman drives the knuckle-draggers insane. tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread.. - Page 13 502811600

Got to say, Pelosi drives me insane and I can't stand ber. She comes off more condensing than confident to me. I do not know whom would be a good replacement, I just don't like her at all.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:15 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep - a smart, confident, independent woman drives the knuckle-draggers insane. tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread.. - Page 13 502811600

Got to say, Pelosi drives me insane and I can't stand ber. She comes off more condensing than confident to me. I do not know whom would be a good replacement, I just don't like her at all.

While I think she's pretty competent I just think, like me, with some of these politicians, you just get fatigue. Tired of the same ol same ol. And I don't want to hear "but what if she's doing a good job"? I just think, like bringing in old tread coaches like Gruden and thinking they can do the same job they did because they were hot once, you do a lot of young energetic coaches a disservice because you're just not giving them a shot. I don't like term limits, because I think the voting booth is term limits, but I wish some of these old pols would say I've done what I could, enough.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:36 pm

I agree with Miami 100%. Which is why it baffles me that any sound of mind person supports him.

It's quite obvious he's not about the Republican party and the shit he speaks with such strong hyperbole about, he doesn't believe himself. He is about him. #1 his pocketbook. #2 his ego. I mean that' pretty much what it boils down to.

There is a population out there of smart, educated people who know these things and still support him because the 'platform' he has chosen to run on to advance #1 and #2 is one that supports these issues they feel so strongly about: keeping their own money, abortion, guns. I don't think it's a small # either. I think it's probably at least 40% of them (the rest are just stupid and being played).

It's sick shit.

I can't think of a single partisan issue that I care that much about. Is equality a partisan issue? I didn't think so. My #1 issue is probably advancing public education and educational resources. No fucking way could I ever support anybody or even tolerate anybody who acts like he does even if that was their top agenda item. Sorry, let's find somebody else who is a more decent, less despicable person.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:23 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:I voted for Clement for MI Supreme Court because she was the deciding vote toput Prop 2 on the ballot.

I can live with her and I voted for Cavanaugh so we have two women who probably aren't going to be supportive of GOP attempts to stall redistricting by the newly appoved no legislators committee

Same! cheers
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:20 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
yep - a smart, confident, independent woman drives the knuckle-draggers insane.  tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread.. - Page 13 502811600

Got to say, Pelosi drives me insane and I can't stand ber. She comes off more condensing than confident to me. I do not know whom would be a good replacement,  I just don't like her at all.
That’s the point.... let her draw the heat away from the more serious candidates. Let people get worked up about her. A random Joe Schmo Rep can’t draw the heat and fake anger away from others. She can.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:44 am

Florida is in automatic recount. Not all the ballots had been counted in the Senate race and now there is a .038% difference, or something like that, which triggers a recount by law. Of course Rick Scott is calling on Nelson to concede.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:33 pm

InTenSity wrote:Florida is in automatic recount. Not all the ballots had been counted in the Senate race and now there is a .038% difference, or something like that, which triggers a recount by law. Of course Rick Scott is calling on Nelson to concede.
Sounds like the governor's race is headed to a recount, too, as that's under 0.5% difference (which is what the law states).

The Senate race I think is now under 0.25% difference, which apparently is the threshold for meaning that the recount needs to be done manually. So instead of determining if a chad was intentionally pushed through, we'll have people determining if someone filled in a circle enough.

Apparently, there are more uncounted votes than people thought the other night. Anyone who filled out a provisional ballot are being encouraged to go and confirm that it's been counted by their local election office, as today is the deadline for that.

I still doubt anything is going to change. They're still a lot of votes to overcome. On the other hand, if you believe some reports, late vote counts have been favoring the Dems 2 to 1.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:10 pm

Some other info in Florida.....

No recounts have been started or triggered...yet. Counties have until Saturday to submit their tallies, and if the difference is less than 0.5%, a computer recount is started. If less than 0.25%, a manual recount is started.

If a machine recount is triggered, the recount tallies must be submitted by November 15. If a manual recount is triggered, I can't find a date, but it sounds like that could, naturally, take longer. Manually, they only recount ballots if the computers determine that someone voted for more than one person for an office, or did not vote for anyone for office.

Overseas military ballots must be counted by 11/16.

Counties must submit final tallies by 11/18, and the state certifies them on 11/20.

So relax, we won't know shit for a while, unless the trends start to look like someone has clinched it and their opponent cancels the recount and concedes.

Also, in Broward County, it's being reported (by mainstream media) that about 24,000 people voted for governor, but not senator. I don't believe that it has been determined who they primarily voted for or if they voted for other races. It seems odd that so many people did that, however.

The Florida Agricultural Commissioner race has a difference of only 575 votes. Not that you guys care about that race.

Ahh, this brings back memories of posting updates from down here on the old RCMB back in 2000.

Oh, Florida.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:18 pm

Shit is getting real. Lawyers from DC descending on Broward County. Major questions about the fuck ups by their election supervisor. Republicans are outraged trying to stop the recount, while Dems are hopeful that the outcome can change.

So, in other news, how about that Freshman QB, Smoker? It's been up and down this season, but 2 years from now, BW will have this team on fire. Mark my words.

And can you believe that we are actually starting a basketball season as defending National Champs? I wish we still had MoPete, AJ, and Cleaves, but I still think Bell and Hutson can lead us back to the Final Four. Hearing good things about that Richardson kid, too.

Can't wait for the new episode of Sopranos this week.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:22 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Shit is getting real. Lawyers from DC descending on Broward County. Major questions about the fuck ups by their election supervisor. Republicans are outraged trying to stop the recount, while Dems are hopeful that the outcome can change.

So, in other news, how about that Freshman QB, Smoker? It's been up and down this season, but 2 years from now, BW will have this team on fire. Mark my words.

And can you believe that we are actually starting a basketball season as defending National Champs? I wish we still had MoPete, AJ, and Cleaves, but I still think Bell and Hutson can lead us back to the Final Four. Hearing good things about that Richardson kid, too.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:59 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Shit is getting real.  Lawyers from DC descending on Broward County.  Major questions about the fuck ups by their election supervisor.  Republicans are outraged trying to stop the recount, while Dems are hopeful that the outcome can change.

So, in other news, how about that Freshman QB, Smoker?  It's been up and down this season, but 2 years from now, BW will have this team on fire.  Mark my words.

And can you believe that we are actually starting a basketball season as defending National Champs?  I wish we still had MoPete, AJ, and Cleaves, but I still think Bell and Hutson can lead us back to the Final Four.  Hearing good things about that Richardson kid, too.  

Tony dies at the end Miami
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:14 am

Vote by email!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:25 am

If you want to know what fascists are doing, just listen to what they are accusing others of.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:46 am

Rocinante wrote:If you want to know what fascists are doing, just listen to what they are accusing others of.
yep.

Be skeptical of people who make it very difficult for certain people to vote, then are reluctant to count votes by certain people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:01 am

Listening to a lot of the freshmen democrats, they are already tamping down their rhetoric and lowering expectations. They are already running for next term. Fuck politicians.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:34 pm

so was there a "Blue Wave"?

In Michigan there definitely was.. not sure about nationwide.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:27 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so was there a "Blue Wave"?

MI was certainly a larger "wave" than the rest of the country, although taking back the House is indicative of a national wave of sorts. I think limiting losses in the Senate is substantial as well, as they could have lost 6-8 seats in Trump States but didn't. So yes, it was a blue wave, and I think it will continue into 2020, as long as the Dems don't eff it up and nominate the wrong candidate, which definitely is possible.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:11 am

y2kMgrad wrote:

MI was certainly a larger "wave" than the rest of the country, although taking back the House is indicative of a national wave of sorts. I think limiting losses in the Senate is substantial as well, as they could have lost 6-8 seats in Trump States but didn't. So yes, it was a blue wave, and I think it will continue into 2020, as long as the Dems don't eff it up and nominate the wrong candidate, which definitely is possible.
Gonna be Kamala or Cory. I'm betting on Cory and his imaginary friend T-Bone
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:45 am

y2kMgrad wrote:

Like Lincoln Beto loses the senate but wins the country. Just hope he doesn’t go to “my American cousin”.

The senate was a math thing and what seats were up. 2020 will bring a whole new dynamic to who is defending their seat and thus will bring a different dynamic to how some of these republicans up for re-election in the senate will be voting in the senate for the next two years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:13 pm

lol!

tOfficial 2018 Midterm Election Thread.. - Page 13 Fb_img14
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:39 am

I did see that 15 seats were flipped from red to blue where the GOP candidates had received an "A" rating from the bloodthirsty NRA - America's Terrorist Organization.

so that's most definitely a good thing.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13