Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistons FORM A FU¢¥^✓ing WALL! 2018-19 thread

+13
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
Tim Wakefield
Rocinante
NigelUno
duffy munn
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
aualum06
17 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Pistons FORM A FU¢¥^✓ing WALL! 2018-19 thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Pistons FORM A FU¢¥^✓ing WALL! 2018-19 thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-19, 00:50

And spare me the idea that the Jazz or Bucks were just superior drafters when they took those players. That’s silly. Take Mitchell and Kennard... who would the Jazz have taken if they picked first? Unknowable. They didn’t have to make that choice. Reality is that they got lucky. Sucks, but thems the breaks.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Pistons FORM A FU¢¥^✓ing WALL! 2018-19 thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Pistons FORM A FU¢¥^✓ing WALL! 2018-19 thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-19, 00:53

Also the pistons should trade for dewayne Dedmon. Doesn’t matter what it takes. All the first round picks. Go get him.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-19, 00:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Also the pistons should trade for dewayne Dedmon. Doesn’t matter what it takes. All the first round picks. Go get him.

Can he distribute out of a zone?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-01-19, 00:59

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Also the pistons should trade for dewayne Dedmon. Doesn’t matter what it takes. All the first round picks. Go get him.

You're thinking of ben Carter
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-19, 00:59

kingstonlake wrote:

I don’t know man but he’s hilarious
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-01-19, 09:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just get rid of Reggie Jackson & Drummond and draft decent - while playing Kennard as much as possible. Whatever happens, happens - but know that duff will be here to tell us a franchise that has been mediocre for what 12-13 years is mediocre.

Here's my hot take OTPT. The Pistons will never be a championship contender with Tom Gores as their owner. I think the guy is clueless and in way over his head. Hell, I'm not even sure if he cares about winning.

Absentee ownership rarely works in any business. Neither does coked up ownership.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-19, 09:15

The words “absentee ownership rarely works in any business” don’t make any sense in a country where thousands of the most successful companies don’t have owners but have many many shareholders who may or may not even know where the company’s office is.

You know what whatever it wouldn’t be a kickass hot take without loads of hyperbole
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-19, 09:22

Duffy has some sort of weird grudge against gores and blow. I liked it better when we were talking about roster moves but ya gotta take the good with the bad. For every bill Cain, there’s a Duffy.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-19, 09:24

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Duffy has some sort of weird grudge against gores and blow. I liked it better when we were talking about roster moves but ya gotta take the good with the bad. For every bill Cain, there’s a Duffy.
Yeah. It’s very very lazy to just put all of the blame on the owner and wash your hands of it. It’s a lot more fun to spread the blame around. Like mustard on a blame sandwich.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-19, 09:48

CHAUNCEY FAMILY!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-19, 09:53

While we are in hot take ville, let’s hire Chauncey or bill laimbeer. Yes!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-01-19, 09:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Duffy has some sort of weird grudge against gores and blow. I liked it better when we were talking about roster moves but ya gotta take the good with the bad. For every bill Cain, there’s a Duffy.

Ok, OTPT. Tell me why you have any faith in Tom Gores as a NBA owner. Sorry but showing up occasionally and sitting court side while blown out is not going to get it done.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-01-19, 09:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:While we are in hot take ville, let’s hire Chauncey or bill laimbeer. Yes!

Love the Chauncey hot take. I don't even know who the GM is right now.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-19, 10:15

duffy munn wrote:

Ok, OTPT. Tell me why you have any faith in Tom Gores as a NBA owner. Sorry but showing up occasionally and sitting court side while blown out is not going to get it done.

What exactly do you think an nba team owners role is?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-19, 10:16

Saw the last minute. Looks like Kennard put up a decent stat line and Casey was singing his praises. Let’s hope this trend continues.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-19, 10:17

duffy munn wrote:

He convinced Dwayne casey to come here. Love the random guys on the internet that think they know shit about owners. Oh he does blow he must be bad. Square.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-19, 10:18

Oh I just remembered that Duffy was one of those weirdos that hated leaving the palace. That’s his gores beef otpt. 

FYI duff- it’s been way way way better attending games downtown on just about every level.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-01-19, 10:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

He convinced Dwayne casey to come here. Love the random guys on the internet that think they know shit about owners. Oh he does blow he must be bad. Square.

I agree Casey was a good hire. As for blow, sorry dude but it's a bad drug. This opinion does not make be square. How many full blown coke heads do you know that didn't eventually crash and burn?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-19, 10:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Oh I just remembered that Duffy was one of those weirdos that hated leaving the palace. That’s his gores beef otpt. 

FYI duff- it’s been way way way better attending games downtown on just about every level.

New place sucks. Hockey and basketball. They blew that arena. If you’re saying being downtown before and after the game, yeah, but from sight lines to comfort they blew that one.

Just my opinion.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-19, 10:46

duffy munn wrote:

Do t follow, but you think he’s doing a good job as coach?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-01-19, 11:00

DWags wrote:

Better than SVG
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-19, 11:40

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Oh I just remembered that Duffy was one of those weirdos that hated leaving the palace. That’s his gores beef otpt. 

New place sucks. Hockey and basketball.  They blew that arena. If you’re saying being downtown before and after the game, yeah, but from sight lines to comfort they blew that one.

Just my opinion.  
I love it dawg. Don’t know what you’re talking about. But I sit in them good seats.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-19, 12:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

New place sucks. Hockey and basketball.  They blew that arena. If you’re saying being downtown before and after the game, yeah, but from sight lines to comfort they blew that one.

Just my opinion.  
I love it dawg. Don’t know what you’re talking about. But I sit in them good seats.

Uppers are bullshit horrible. Place has zero character. I think the palace was a better design. I also liked the joe better.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-19, 12:33

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Better than SVG

Agreed. I think the coaching position is overrated by the fans to an extent. It really is a players league but Dwane is one of the good ones.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-19, 12:34

My favorite arena to see Pistons game was the Silverdome. Loved the energy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-19, 12:39

DWags wrote:

Uppers are bullshit horrible. Place has zero character.  I think the palace was a better design.  I also liked the joe better.
The uppers are closer than the palace were. It’s easy to forget but the uppers at the palace were lower but way further back.

And I don’t even know what the fuck “it has character” means. Sounds like some boomer shit. I suppose longevity probably plays a lot into character (whatever it is anyway)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-19, 12:44

DWags wrote:

Uppers are bullshit horrible. Place has zero character.  I think the palace was a better design.  I also liked the joe better.
The uppers are closer than the palace were. It’s easy to forget but the uppers at the palace were lower but way further back.

And I don’t even know what the fuck “it has character” means. Sounds like some boomer shit. I suppose longevity probably plays a lot into character (whatever it is anyway)

Here’s a thought, the fact that this debate should even be happening g with all the architectural advancements since the palace was built is complete bullshit. Both you and I should be jaw dropping amazed at a new place. And frankly, from day one nobody is saying shit like that. This isn’t a pissing contest Travis, we’ve walked the concourse we’ve watched the games. It’s an average venue And that’s a crime. Oh well, I’ll still go to games and co certs there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-19, 12:46

DWags wrote:

Here’s a thought, the fact that this debate should even be happening g with all the architectural advancements since the palace was built is complete bullshit. Both you and I should be jaw dropping amazed at a new place.  And frankly, from day one nobody is saying shit like that. This isn’t a pissing contest Travis, we’ve walked the concourse we’ve watched the games. It’s an average venue   And that’s a crime.  Oh well, I’ll still go to games and co certs there.
Ah. The issue is your expectations dog. What do you want out of sitting in the upper deck of an arena? How is that going to wow you? It’s the upper deck. What advancements in upper deck technology came through since the palace that they missed?

My advice dwags- splurge a little. Get better seats. Go explore. I bet you’ll come around. It’s better than the palace and 40x better than joe Louis.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-19, 12:56

DWags wrote:

Here’s a thought, the fact that this debate should even be happening g with all the architectural advancements since the palace was built is complete bullshit. Both you and I should be jaw dropping amazed at a new place.  And frankly, from day one nobody is saying shit like that. This isn’t a pissing contest Travis, we’ve walked the concourse we’ve watched the games. It’s an average venue   And that’s a crime.  Oh well, I’ll still go to games and co certs there.
Ah. The issue is your expectations dog. What do you want out of sitting in the upper deck of an arena? How is that going to wow you? It’s the upper deck. What advancements in upper deck technology came through since the palace that they missed?

My advice dwags- splurge a little. Get better seats. Go explore. I bet you’ll come around. It’s better than the palace and 40x better than joe Louis.

Jesus. Sometimes you miss the fucking point so badly, it can’t be on purpose.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-19, 13:00

DWags wrote:

Jesus.  Sometimes you miss the fucking point so badly, it can’t be on purpose.  
Tell me your point dwags. Tell me about the architectural advancements in upper deck technology that you thought should be there that aren’t. Perhaps the upper deck should actually be the lower deck. It’s 2019. It only makes sense.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-19, 13:03

Whatevs Travis. Keep your focus on upper deck and not the pedestrian concourse. I’ll make sure to purchase premiums to make the gray boring concourse and shitty restaurants better. Cool. Place sucks. Downtown continues to improve.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-19, 13:06

DWags wrote:Whatevs Travis.  Keep your focus on upper deck and not the pedestrian concourse.  I’ll make sure to purchase premiums to make the gray boring concourse and shitty restaurants better.  Cool.  Place sucks. Downtown continues to improve.
The weird grey office section of the concourse is pretty boring and well, office like.... but that’s only 1/4 of it that’s semi unexplained. I’ll give you that. Did you go to the rest of it though dwags? I don’t think you did from the sounds of it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-19, 13:27

steveschneider wrote:My favorite arena to see Pistons game was the Silverdome. Loved the energy.
That curtain was hideous tho.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-19, 14:08

DWags wrote:

Here’s a thought, the fact that this debate should even be happening g with all the architectural advancements since the palace was built is complete bullshit. Both you and I should be jaw dropping amazed at a new place. And frankly, from day one nobody is saying shit like that. This isn’t a pissing contest Travis, we’ve walked the concourse we’ve watched the games. It’s an average venue And that’s a crime. Oh well, I’ll still go to games and co certs there.

If this your first conversation with Travis? lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-19, 17:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:My favorite arena to see Pistons game was the Silverdome. Loved the energy.
That curtain was hideous tho.

The people that occupied that place were the best though and I loved that arena. They used to give away tickets at gas stations so you’d get working class folks in there that would bring the energy. I remember the first time I went to the Palace it felt like a library in comparison. .
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-19, 18:00

DWags wrote:

Yes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-01-19, 18:44

Cobo Arena
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-19, 18:51

duffy munn wrote:

Cobo Arena

Joe Louis Arena. I saw one of the '85 playoff games there while the Silverdome roof was collapsed. It was great.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-19, 19:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Cobo Arena

Joe Louis Arena. I saw one of the '85 playoff games there while the Silverdome roof was collapsed. It was great.

How rowdy was that?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-19, 19:53

Kennard starting to live up to his potential?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next