Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..

+18
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
MSU addict
tGreenWay
Death Roe
kingstonlake
TheReal_LWS
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Wally Fairway
Robert J Sakimano
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Select Your Favorite Candy

In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_lcap31%In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 8 ]
In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Empty Re: In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-10-30, 15:55

TheReal_LWS wrote:In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Im-rig10

In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Empty Re: In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..

Post by steveschneider 2018-10-30, 18:34

Went to the grocery store to get some candy corn. All they had were those fuckin pumpkin ones. And they didn’t have the salted red skinned spanish peanuts. Went to Walgreens. Got a bag and settled on some planters cocktail peanuts.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-10-30, 19:30

Saw KitKat in the vending machine at work today so decided to experiment. Truthfully, haven't had one in probably 20+ years...didn't like them so never bought them. Not even to pass out on Halloween...kids deserve better.

First thing that caught my attention was the price. Snickers, Butterfinger, Baby Ruth, etc were all a dollar. For some reason the KitKat was $1.50. Only other candy priced $1.50 was the 3 cup packages of Reese's. You guys that like KitKats are getting ripped off. No way a KitKat is worth the price of 3 Reese's cups. Overpaid for it anyway.

Cracked it in half and bit in. You nitpickers trying to distinguish the difference between a wafer and a cookie have your heads up your ass. "Wafer cookies" are sold under many brand names...and they all suck. Wafer cookies are mostly air.

In conclusion: KitKat is cheap milk chocolate with the cheapest cookie inside. Very disappointing. Solidified my reason to never buy one again.

Stay tuned for my analysis of the Twix bar, which I also haven't purchased in 20+ years. None of them in the vending machine at work so I'll have to pick one up at a store tomorrow.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-10-30, 19:48

The Pantry wrote:Saw KitKat in the vending machine at work today so decided to experiment. Truthfully, haven't had one in probably 20+ years...didn't like them so never bought them. Not even to pass out on Halloween...kids deserve better.

First thing that caught my attention was the price. Snickers, Butterfinger, Baby Ruth, etc were all a dollar. For some reason the KitKat was $1.50. Only other candy priced $1.50 was the 3 cup packages of Reese's. You guys that like KitKats are getting ripped off. No way a KitKat is worth the price of 3 Reese's cups. Overpaid for it anyway.

Cracked it in half and bit in. You nitpickers trying to distinguish the difference between a wafer and a cookie have your heads up your ass. "Wafer cookies" are sold under many brand names...and they all suck. Wafer cookies are mostly air.

In conclusion: KitKat is cheap milk chocolate with the cheapest cookie inside. Very disappointing. Solidified my reason to never buy one again.

Stay tuned for my analysis of the Twix bar, which I also haven't purchased in 20+ years. None of them in the vending machine at work so I'll have to pick one up at a store tomorrow.

In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 1966794946 In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-10-30, 19:51

I think that snickers and starburst are the same thing basically prove me wrong
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-30, 19:52

You're nuts dawg, they are nothing alike. Starburst are much more like peanut M&Ms.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-10-30, 20:16

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose is still super angry with everyone here. It's only a matter of time before he loses his mind again.

I'm not angry with anyone, it just amuses me to watch Roe play his gay crap with LWS and not a peep from any of the woke people here.   But then again he is fixated on him as evidenced by his "0--100" scoring for a guy that never even played his game.

But you keep up with your hot takes junior.

If you knew the context, LWS kept asking (not politely, basically demanding like he's some hot-shot) ME to write his picks down for him. I am not the bitch of the pick'em, and if that makes me "fixated" on him, whatever.

Just come after me directly if you're going to call me out before you leave again. I did nothing to piss you off yet you stick up for one of the most disliked people on here like I'm some terrible person.

God you are such a fucking drama queen. In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 502811600 I'm sure this will be spun to where I'm the drama queen, Fox News style.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-10-30, 20:19

I mean gay joke are very 2009 but i don’t think roe does it in a hateful way. I also like LWS. He likes the attention but guy means well.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-10-30, 20:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I mean gay joke are very 2009 but i don’t think roe does it in a hateful way. I also like LWS. He likes the attention but guy means well.

I decided to stop myself last night, it is a played shtick, Goose is correct in that fact. I will admit that LWS has been better lately. Although that Thompson play was an interception.

However, I don't really understand his sudden agenda towards me, especially with the pick'em. I count those games because people were picking and then disappeared. Sorry, not going to just make your record disappear.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-10-30, 20:22

Roe you do the work you pick the rules. Goose come back easy smoke a bowl come on now
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-10-30, 20:23

Sorry for getting amped up. I'm going to finish catching up on Walking Dead and binge some Impractical Jokers.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-10-30, 22:05

The Pantry wrote:Saw KitKat in the vending machine at work today so decided to experiment. Truthfully, haven't had one in probably 20+ years...didn't like them so never bought them. Not even to pass out on Halloween...kids deserve better.

You're dead to me.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-30, 22:18

I think you mean Dead you're me to.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-10-30, 23:10

MiamiSpartan wrote:

You're dead to me.
Please stop KitKats and buy real cookies.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-10-30, 23:37

Corn candies
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-10-31, 07:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I think you mean Dead you're me to.
Point good. Correction for the thanks.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-10-31, 08:29

Where else can you get a chocolate covered wafer?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2018-10-31, 10:56

Death Roe wrote:Candy Corn

Somebody check Death Roe's basement for bodies because he is clearly evil, soulless and insane.

edit: I know, read the thread first.  Swing by Steve's basement too.  And throw some peanuts at him for implying they will somehow salvage that awful stuff pretending to be candy
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-10-31, 11:15

StylesGShmooth wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Candy Corn

Somebody check Death Roe's basement for bodies because he is clearly evil, soulless and insane.

edit: I know, read the thread first.  Swing by Steve's basement too.  And throw some peanuts at him for implying they will somehow salvage that awful stuff pretending to be candy

Candy Corn is ripping our country apart.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-10-31, 11:30

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose is still super angry with everyone here. It's only a matter of time before he loses his mind again.

I'm not angry with anyone, it just amuses me to watch Roe play his gay crap with LWS and not a peep from any of the woke people here. But then again he is fixated on him as evidenced by his "0--100" scoring for a guy that never even played his game.

The whole board thought that was a fun idea because Bee is an asshole. Funny that you're the only person defending him.

Try not to stroke out on us the next time you lose your mind.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-10-31, 12:23

Twix has caramel in it. How is it even remotely like a kit kat? Pantry is fuck up in so many ways.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-10-31, 13:48

First, not a rip-off. Those Snickers, Baby Ruth, Butterfinger packages only contain one candy bar. In the Kit Kat, there are [i]three, making the Kit Kat, at $1.50, the better deal, because it’s $.50/bar. In case you don’t feel like doing the math, $.50/bar < $1.00/bar. See?

I’m also left wondering how you haven’t started Pantry’s food blog or vlog? You’re willing to go layer by layer, straight to the center of a Kit Kat and Twix, and you have opinions that need to be shared with the world.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-10-31, 13:52

Death Roe wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I mean gay joke are very 2009 but i don’t think roe does it in a hateful way. I also like LWS. He likes the attention but guy means well.

I decided to stop myself last night, it is a played shtick, Goose is correct in that fact. I will admit that LWS has been better lately. Although that Thompson play was an interception.

However, I don't really understand his sudden agenda towards me, especially with the pick'em. I count those games because people were picking and then disappeared. Sorry, not going to just make your record disappear.

In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 502811600 In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-10-31, 14:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I think that snickers and starburst are the same thing basically prove me wrong

ROLF
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-10-31, 14:03

Death Roe wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm not angry with anyone, it just amuses me to watch Roe play his gay crap with LWS and not a peep from any of the woke people here.   But then again he is fixated on him as evidenced by his "0--100" scoring for a guy that never even played his game.

If you knew the context, LWS kept asking (not politely, basically demanding like he's some hot-shot) ME to write his picks down for him. I am not the bitch of the pick'em, and if that makes me "fixated" on him, whatever.

Just come after me directly if you're going to call me out before you leave again. I did nothing to piss you off yet you stick up for one of the most disliked people on here like I'm some terrible person.

God you are such a fucking drama queen. In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 502811600 I'm sure this will be spun to where I'm the drama queen, Fox News style.

I don't remember demanding. But I understand why you feel that way, and am sorry. Thanks for your perspective on that, it made me look at my behavior differently.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-10-31, 14:16

Death Roe wrote:

The Thompson play was officially an INT. I just think that ruling was wrong. Ball was caught, 3 steps taken, then he was hit and the ball came out. Fumble. If the ball had touched the ground, Coach D would challenge the ruling on the field of an incomplete pass, and it would have been overturned to a fumble and clear recovery for MSU. Since it never hit the ground the ruling was moot because we still got the ball at that spot.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-10-31, 15:09

TheReal_LWS wrote:
I don't remember demanding. But I understand why you feel that way, and am sorry. Thanks for your perspective on that, it made me look at my behavior differently.

Awww... a kinder, gentler LWSb.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2018-10-31, 15:48

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Awww... a kinder, gentler LWSb.

Nah. I am still a jerk. Just didn't know that my first week "I'll take all of the favorites, except blah-blah" was a demand. -shrug-
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-10-31, 15:50

candy corn is an attempt at social engineering.. it's basically the end product of a government-sponsored program specifically designed to riddle impoverished communities with enough sugar to ensure copious amounts of gastric and dental maladies so that local health departments would be funded in perpetuity.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-10-31, 16:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:candy corn is an attempt at social engineering.. it's basically the end product of a government-sponsored program specifically designed to riddle impoverished communities with enough sugar to ensure copious amounts of gastric and dental maladies so that local health departments would be funded in perpetuity.

It was crack in the ghetto before crack in the ghetto.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-10-31, 16:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:candy corn is an attempt at social engineering.. it's basically the end product of a government-sponsored program specifically designed to riddle impoverished communities with enough sugar to ensure copious amounts of gastric and dental maladies so that local health departments would be funded in perpetuity.

I like to bite off the tips. And you’re a raging anti-dentite.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-10-31, 16:46

Rocinante wrote:

It was crack in the ghetto before crack in the ghetto.

Corn candy was a CIA-sponsored plot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-10-31, 19:45

tGreenWay wrote:

First, not a rip-off. Those Snickers, Baby Ruth, Butterfinger packages only contain one candy bar. In the Kit Kat, there are [i]three, making the Kit Kat, at $1.50, the better deal, because it’s $.50/bar. In case you don’t feel like doing the math, $.50/bar < $1.00/bar. See?

I’m also left wondering how you haven’t started Pantry’s food blog or vlog? You’re willing to go layer by layer, straight to the center of a Kit Kat and Twix, and you have opinions that need to be shared with the world.
The KitKat I got only had two bars...75 cents each. Total ripoff compared to the Reese's 3 pack, especially since the shitty wafer cookie inside is mostly air.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-10-31, 19:52

How was the Twix
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-10-31, 20:00

I like Reese's peanut butter cups. I do not like how many fully grown adults pronounce it ree-sees. Reese's Pieces is supposed to rhyme if you pronounce pieces like a normal human would.

I have lost sleep over this.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-10-31, 20:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:How was the Twix
Too busy today. Twix review postponed.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-10-31, 20:36

Cameron wrote:I like Reese's peanut butter cups. I do not like how many fully grown adults pronounce it ree-sees. Reese's Pieces is supposed to rhyme if you pronounce pieces like a normal human would.

I have lost sleep over this.

I would guess people who work at Fords say that, usually on their way to buy some at Meijers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-10-31, 20:56

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:How was the Twix
Too busy today. Twix review postponed.

Blog traffic plummets.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2018-10-31, 22:22

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Too busy today. Twix review postponed.

Blog traffic plummets.
Building the anticipation of shitty cookie candy bar lovers. They should be buying Girl Scout cookies instead.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-10-31, 23:34

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Blog traffic plummets.
Building the anticipation of shitty cookie candy bar lovers.  They should be buying Girl Scout cookies instead.
Or wearing the uniform.

In The Spirit of Halloween, Your Favorite Candy Is..  - Page 3 Man
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next