Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+30
SawGreen
Travis of the Cosmos
tTito
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
By-Tor
Senior Dickfist
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
TheReal_LWS
Bill Cain
Tek Jansen
CORNER BLITZ
34 posters

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-14, 08:24

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Caddy shack is one of the classics i haven’t seen many times. Rich stuff.

Right you are, Biff.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-11-14, 09:16

So, no one talks about Patriot on Amazon Prime.

Second season just released. I think it's exceptional TV watching... quirky dark funny.

I believe you should watch it too. Sincerely, Me.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-14, 10:18

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So, no one talks about Patriot on Amazon Prime.

Second season just released. I think it's exceptional TV watching... quirky dark funny.

I was waiting for a better than Average review.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-11-15, 00:13

Man in high castle is very good.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-11-15, 05:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Man in high castle is very good.

3rd season sucked.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-11-15, 06:30

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Man in high castle is very good.

3rd season sucked.
Disagree completely. But it hits a couple of interests of mine, so maybe I'm bias.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-11-15, 08:44

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

3rd season sucked.
Disagree completely. But it hits a couple of interests of mine, so maybe I'm bias.

My major problems with the 3rd season were:
1. Too many characters
2. Too much time spent on personal relationships.
3. They didn't show enough of the major characters actually doing their jobs.
4. I want more backstory on Cincinnati and Smith becoming a Nazi
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-11-15, 10:07

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

1. Too many characters
Huh, I liked it. Seems like it was on point to me. The main characters wanted to blow up the thingamabob. Pretty straightforward... And it was the same characters as the previous seasons, so not sure how that's "too many".
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-11-15, 10:09

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

1. Too many characters
Fair points, and I think #4 will come eventually, they're just trying to slowly tease that.

But for me, I like the way the story has gone. Usually, characters drive a show for me, but in this show there are only a couple that I care much about. The story ticks a few boxes of my interests, and keeps me hooked.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-11-15, 12:36

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:So, no one talks about Patriot on Amazon Prime.

I was waiting for a better than Average review.

Season 2 has a finger replantation countdown clock... So there's that.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-11-15, 13:17

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

1. Too many characters
Huh, I liked it. Seems like it was on point to me. The main characters wanted to blow up the thingamabob. Pretty straightforward... And it was the same characters as the previous seasons, so not sure how that's "too many".
I liked a couple of the new characters. Like J Edgar and Rockwell. Didn't really need romantic
interests for trade minister, kido, or Ed. Didn't need the hidden Jew ranch. Didn't need to see Hawthorne and home life. Seems like we watched John Smith watching alot of movies. The Helen therapist storyline didn't do a damn thing for me

If it had been season 1 instead of 3 I wouldn't have watched season 2.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-15, 17:19

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:
I liked a couple of the new characters. Like J Edgar and Rockwell. Didn't really need romantic
interests for trade minister, kido, or Ed. Didn't need the hidden Jew ranch. Didn't need to see Hawthorne and home life. Seems like we watched John Smith watching alot of movies. The Helen therapist storyline didn't do a damn thing for me

Seems like it would be interesting to see a story about Helen the rapist.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-11-15, 17:21

tGreenWay wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Or anal bum covers
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-15, 17:32

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Or anal bum covers

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 55953254
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-11-15, 23:59

Jim Gaffigan is not funny.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-11-16, 10:29

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I think Helen is hawt. FTR.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-11-22, 18:08

The Wizard of Oz on TBS right now.

I'm old enough to remember when it being on TV was a once a year event.

Still a great movie....and it's 1939 companion on Sundance - Gone with the Wind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-11-22, 19:14

LooseGoose wrote:The Wizard of Oz on TBS right now.

I'm old enough to remember when it being on TV was a once a year event.

Still a great movie....and it's 1939 companion on Sundance - Gone with the Wind.

Watching the natural on mlb network. Never seen it
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-23, 06:46

Cannot. Fucking. Wait.

Best Disney movie of all-time

Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-11-23, 21:29

Just bought a 4k player. Picture is outstanding. There were a couple of things that looked like glitches, but overall, great. I rented infinity war.
Any movies that I should buy? This weekend they are cheap.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-11-26, 13:34

my daughter and I finally got around to seeing A Star is Born - solid flick. Highly recommended.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-11-26, 13:55

Ocean’s 8. No.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-26, 13:59

Mr. Deeds is wrapping up on IFC, Big Daddy is next.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-11-26, 13:59

The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs. It's not a full length movie. It's six short stories about the wild west that aren't tied together at all. Some parts are funny, some are depressing, some just really odd parts. Overall it was pretty good if you like the Coen Brothers movie style.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-11-26, 17:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:my daughter and I finally got around to seeing A Star is Born - solid flick. Highly recommended.

Great songs. Shallow is the best one. Or Maybe It's Time.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-11-26, 17:37

Death Roe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:my daughter and I finally got around to seeing A Star is Born - solid flick. Highly recommended.

Great songs. Shallow is the best one. Or Maybe It's Time.
Very true. My man Jason Isbell wrote "Maybe It's Time".

I was pretty impressed with Lady Gaga. I'm not a pop culture expert so I don't know too much about her, but I enjoyed her acting and the character she played.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-11-26, 17:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs. It's not a full length movie. It's six short stories about the wild west that aren't tied together at all. Some parts are funny, some are depressing, some just really odd parts. Overall it was pretty good if you like the Coen Brothers movie style.
I need to see that too. It's been recommended by some friends. Also, Tom Waits is in it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-12-06, 09:05

Avengers 4 trailer is dropping tomorrow morning.

Normally I wouldn't be this excited about a Marvel film because they're almost all the same movie, but Infinity War blew me away. I really hope they don't retcon everything that happened, but you know they will to sell toys, make movie $, etc.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-09, 02:04

I don't imagine many here find the genres that I do as fun as I do, but I literally just finished watching Equalizer 2. And for the Captain of the Steven Seagal fan club, you can put me down as disappointed. The drama and action was pretty good, the hurricane background was also fun but man...everything that was cool about the original was just abandoned in this one and it went formulaic. Dirty cops/agents. Denzel avenging the death of his longtime high ranking gov't official friend, as opposed to the layperson on the streets. Just weak man.

It was entertaining it was just not in the same stratosphere as the first one in terms of an original, exciting action movie.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-12-09, 13:46

I saw Ralph wrecks the internet. I was entertained.

Where can I find the equalizer? HBO, Starz, Showtime?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-09, 13:52

I don't know. Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/Equalizer-Denzel-Washington/dp/B00NY4UIKG
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-12-09, 14:00

Watched The Lobster on Amazon. Weird fucking movie
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-12-09, 20:51

Blue planet 2 in 4k on Netflix is pretty nice.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-12-11, 13:48

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs. It's not a full length movie. It's six short stories about the wild west that aren't tied together at all. Some parts are funny, some are depressing, some just really odd parts. Overall it was pretty good if you like the Coen Brothers movie style.

Just finished. Give it two thumbs up.

Parts are quirky fo sure, but entertaining. It's definitely "O Brother" type Coen.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-12-11, 13:52

Detroiters not being picked up by CC. Fuckers.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-12-11, 13:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Detroiters not being picked up by CC. Fuckers.
Triple fuckers.

The only show I've consistently watched on CC since Chappelle...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-12-11, 14:11

MI: Fallout tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 5 55953254
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-12-11, 16:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Detroiters not being picked up by CC. Fuckers.

Fuck them. Let’s bombard Netflix and Hulu to pick it up.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-12-15, 15:20

We watched "The Mule" last night.

1) Clint Eastwood likes racist characters that have a change of heart
2) He's totally an ass man - lots of gratuitous supermodel ass shots
3) His bare chest before he bangs two supermodels at a drug cartel head's house looks like a pool of melted cookie dough

Although it did make me want to watch "American Sniper" again. I fucking love that movie.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-12-15, 16:00

That Kurt Russell Santa movie is pretty fucking good. Real nice family flick
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next