Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+30
SawGreen
Travis of the Cosmos
tTito
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
By-Tor
Senior Dickfist
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
TheReal_LWS
Bill Cain
Tek Jansen
CORNER BLITZ
34 posters

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Nordic 2019-03-13, 22:21

The Godfather series. Am I the only one that I thinks it sucks? I've tried multiple times to watch when it is on. I assume I"m missing something and keep trying. They are zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by DWags 2019-03-13, 22:45

Nordic wrote:The Godfather series. Am I the only one that I thinks it sucks? I've tried multiple times to watch when it is on. I assume I"m missing something and keep trying. They are zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Get through the horses head scene in one and it picks up. Two I could watch once a week.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-13, 22:51

Jake from State Farm wrote:I've been watching The Expanse and am partway into season 3. Christjen gives me wood.

Just saw this. What the fuck dude.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-13, 23:01

Nordic wrote:The Godfather series. Am I the only one that I thinks it sucks? I've tried multiple times to watch when it is on. I assume I"m missing something and keep trying. They are zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-13, 23:03

I like The Money Pit. That is my answer to that statement.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-14, 13:36

Yes, I think you are the only one.

I guess that everything clicks with people differently. I can see how a 3 hour movie that is mostly dialogue more so than a lot of action, could be boring for people if it's not clicking with them. But I love every minute of Parts I and II.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-14, 14:13

I like to watch controversial movies.  Like those that have people saying they are the best or that they are the worst.  So I watched MOTHER! and First Reformed.  

Mother! - Look, I really appreciated what Aronofsky was trying to do here.  If you haven't seen it:
Don't read this if you plan to see the movie, although, hell, it's pretty obvious what's going on.:
 Not a fan.

First Reformed - Glad to see Ethan Hawke getting attention, but I understand why he never got YOOGE. There's something a little off putting about his delivery. It works great in Sci Fi (if you haven't seen Predestination, see it). Anyway, I have some similar complaints about First Reformed as I do about mother, which I guess shouldn't be surprising considering the director. Namely:
Spoiler:

Liked the idea and some of the performances were great in both movies, but while watching both, I couldn't help but feel like the filmmakers were pretty sure I was a moron that needed to be spoon fed the point.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-14, 15:53

Rocinante wrote:I like The Money Pit. That is my answer to that statement.

I like that move, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-14, 16:08

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I guess that everything clicks with people differently. I can see how a 3 hour movie that is mostly dialogue more so than a lot of action, could be boring for people if it's not clicking with them. But I love every minute of Parts I and II.

It’s an epic, nearly perfectly done. Talking about 1 & 2 only.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-14, 16:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Is there really even any dialog? The main character just walks around with a dopey look on his face the whole time. I watched 10 mins of II last night. He didn't say one word. He meet some important big shots and a party. Didn't say a word. Nodded to to have some dude whacked, didn't say a word.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-14, 16:42

Was this after his jaw was broken? Because his jaw was broken and he couldn't talk.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-14, 16:56

Nordic wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Is there really even any dialog? The main character just walks around with a dopey look on his face the whole time. I watched 10 mins of II last night. He didn't say one word. He meet some important big shots and a party. Didn't say a word. Nodded to to have some dude whacked, didn't say a word.

Sorry not every movie can be You’ve Got Mail.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-14, 16:56

Nordic wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Not all dialogue has to be with the spoken word.

(or hell, I don't know, maybe it does need to be spoken to technically be considered dialogue, but either way, not all communication needs to be spoken).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-14, 17:58

I went and saw Apollo 11 the other day. Amazing footage. If you haven't heard, it's all with largely unseen footage, a big part of which is 70mm film from on the ground around NASA before, during, and after the launch. You don't see 50 year old footage with that kind of brilliant, better than HD quality. There's also a lot of non 70mm footage that is rare or never before public of the cockpit, the landing, etc. Put together really well to tell the story without any narrator or interviews, but just with clips of reporters and mission control effectively telling the story.

I have yet to see First Man, but I'd imagine this would be a wonderful complement to that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2019-03-14, 22:15

Gladiator is on IFC. absolutely amazing.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2019-03-15, 18:32

Buttered to the max. Cannot fucking wait.

Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-20, 02:47

I have never seen a shittier movie populated with better actors than “Terminal”. I watched the whole thing because I hoped it was going to wink at the audience at the end like “yeah, we know this is shit” but it never happened. Seriously, I’m recommending this movie because it is a fucking study of how many ways you can fuck literally everything up. Simon Pegg was good.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-20, 08:31

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I like The Money Pit. That is my answer to that statement.

I like that move, too.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-20, 08:49

Rocinante wrote:I have never seen a shittier movie populated with better actors than “Terminal”. I watched the whole thing because I hoped it was going to wink at the audience at the end like “yeah, we know this is shit” but it never happened. Seriously, I’m recommending this movie because it is a fucking study of how many ways you can fuck literally everything up. Simon Pegg was good.

I was very close to watching that this past weekend. Glad you did it first.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-20, 08:57

Death Roe wrote:Gladiator is on IFC. absolutely amazing.

Russell Crowe Gladiator? I watched it the other night, as well. I wasn't sure the critics/movie snobs liked this movie. It is one of my all time faves. I forgot how good it was.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-20, 09:26

Rocinante wrote:I have never seen a shittier movie populated with better actors than “Terminal”. I watched the whole thing because I hoped it was going to wink at the audience at the end like “yeah, we know this is shit” but it never happened. Seriously, I’m recommending this movie because it is a fucking study of how many ways you can fuck literally everything up. Simon Pegg was good.

I hadn't heard of it, looks a lot different than Tom Hanks' Terminal.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-20, 11:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I was very close to watching that this past weekend. Glad you did it first.

No, watch it. Hate watch it. It's fucking terrible!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-20, 11:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Gladiator is on IFC. absolutely amazing.

Russell Crowe Gladiator? I watched it the other night, as well. I wasn't sure the critics/movie snobs liked this movie. It is one of my all time faves. I forgot how good it was.

It kept me entertained.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-20, 12:00

I liked it in my 20s.  Less so now.  

I watched "The Endless" last night.  Low budget scifi.  I really enjoyed it.  Nothing earth shattering, but just a well done, fun scifi movie, if you're into that.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-20, 12:02

So apparently youtube links are also not working right now.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-20, 12:05

Fix yo shit SRC!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-20, 13:00

I never have time to go to a movie anymore, unless it's a kid's movie, but I might have to go see "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."

I won't bother to put the trailer link here, because IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-20, 13:21

Man I am still fucking FUMING over how fucking terrible “Terminal” was! Seriously, somebody watch it, I want to have a discussion.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-20, 13:25

Rocinante wrote:Man I am still fucking FUMING over how fucking terrible “Terminal” was! Seriously, somebody watch it, I want to have a discussion.

Is that the one where Hanks is stuck in an airport because his country went to war or some shit? The one where he has some goofy ass accent? Yeah, that movie was shit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-20, 13:29

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Man I am still fucking FUMING over how fucking terrible “Terminal” was! Seriously, somebody watch it, I want to have a discussion.

Is that the one where Hanks is stuck in an airport because his country went to war or some shit? The one where he has some goofy ass accent? Yeah, that movie was shit.

NO. That's "The Terminal" This is "Terminal" and stars Margot Robbie, Mike Myers, Simon Pegg, and a couple other decent actors and is just fucking terrible.

Please watch it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-03-20, 13:36

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 10 Giphy-downsized-large

Checking gif functionality.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-20, 13:49

Dear sweet Jesus, the board functionality is coming unglued. And, in a few weeks, the spring ritual where all the ads return like swans to capistrallow and we can’t exterminate them ourselves because they’re protected by forumotion and only SRC can make them go away like the plied pipler of ambolyn. But nobody can find SRC because spring is mating season and he’s off looking for a big beautiful woman to sperminate and we’re stuck, all fucked.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-20, 13:57

At least there’s a SUPER MOON tonight!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-20, 14:00

Not just a SUPER MOON, a SUPER WORM EQUINOX SUPER MOON, whatever da fuq that is.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-03-20, 14:11

tGreenWay wrote:Dear sweet Jesus, the board functionality is coming unglued. And, in a few weeks, the spring ritual where all the ads return like swans to capistrallow and we can’t exterminate them ourselves because they’re protected by forumotion and only SRC can make them go away like the plied pipler of ambolyn. But nobody can find SRC because spring is mating season and he’s off looking for a big beautiful woman to sperminate and we’re stuck, all fucked.
tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 10 4198636888

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 10 1966794946
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-20, 17:03

Rocinante wrote:

No, watch it. Hate watch it. It's fucking terrible!
Rocinante wrote:

NO. That's "The Terminal" This is "Terminal" and stars Margot Robbie, Mike Myers, Simon Pegg, and a couple other decent actors and is just fucking terrible.

Please watch it.
You're not a very good salesman, Roc. Just sayin'.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-20, 17:09

Just do it so you can see what I mean! I need to talk to someone about this!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-20, 17:24

Rocinante wrote:I never have time to go to a movie anymore, unless it's a kid's movie, but I might have to go see "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."

I won't bother to put the trailer link here, because IT DOESN'T FUCKING WORK!

Thanks Heat.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-20, 17:29

I might watch it tonight. Is it kid appropriate for a 9 year old in any fashion if the 9 year old likes violence
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-20, 17:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I might watch it tonight. Is it kid appropriate for a 9 year old in any fashion if the 9 year old likes violence

Eeeeehhhhhh.... Lots of swearing, quite a bit of gore. Maybe some boobs? A reference to pedo stuff. Maybe not.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 25  Next