Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread

+10
Nordic
Death Roe
Cameron
steveschneider
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:27 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Popeye's has fallen pretty hard, Goose. They used to be great. Now they are pretty bad.

Pantry there is a new-ish place called Gus's that people rave about. There's one on Woodward just N of 13 on the West side. I have yet to try it but I mean to.

It could be true. I average eating at McD's or BK maybe once a month tops. Taco Bell or Wendys maybe once a quarter. Haven't had any fast food fish or chicken in probably 2-3 years. A huge change from when we were on the road 20 days a month and eating FF 2-3 times a day. I considered myself an expert then - not even close now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread

Post by tGreenWay Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Nordic wrote:Lewerke' hair vs. Rocky's hair?

Um yeah make it a triple cuz Joe Bachie wants in on this.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:38 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Never tried Chick-fil-A. Looking at their menu, comparing them to KFC would be sorta apples-to-oranges since CFA is mostly sandwiches and chicken bits. If their chicken is so good why can't you order a bucket of breasts, thighs, wings, and drumsticks?

KFC ftw. btw...Popeyes, Church's, and Chicken Shack are all very far behind the Colonel's original secret recipe.

All of the named +BoJangles and Lee's Famous beat the Colonel.
Would be cool to line up all of their drumsticks for a blind taste test. The results could be shocking.

Maybe your nearest KFC sucks? tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread - Page 2 2599972566
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines?
Oh, and Coast Guard. tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread - Page 2 55953254
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:54 pm

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

All of the named +BoJangles and Lee's Famous beat the Colonel.
Would be cool to line up all of their drumsticks for a blind taste test. The results could be shocking.

Maybe your nearest KFC sucks? tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread - Page 2 2599972566

It would be but as noted above I've not had KFC for 2-3 years or more. The one in Grayling closed 3-4 years ago and it did suck. When I lived in FL there was a small chain down there called PoppaJ's that was good. No idea if they're still around.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Blond and 99.2% Finnish I gotta go with Rocky, but he needs a haircut.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Review me as a poster please.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:24 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines?
Oh, and Coast Guard. tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread - Page 2 55953254
Silly question. They all kick ass.

Random factoid: The US Air Force was not officially created until 1947. All the bombers and fighter planes that helped deliver the win over Nazi Germany were commanded by the Army Air Force / Army Air Corps
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:34 pm

TheReal_LWS wrote:Review me as a poster please.
Conservative, firm believer in the Constitution and BoR, sportsman, and occasional attention whore.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:16 pm

Peanut butter on a ritz cracker or cheese on a triscuit.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:43 pm

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines?
Silly question. They all kick ass.

Random factoid: The US Air Force was not officially created until 1947. All the bombers and fighter planes that helped deliver the win over Nazi Germany were commanded by the Army Air Force / Army Air Corps

Good answer. Thanks for the history factoid, too. Didn’t know that. There were quite a few changes made after the war, including the establishment of the CIA and the Dept. of Defense.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:15 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Peanut butter on a ritz cracker or cheese on a triscuit.
Cheese on a Triscuit. I find the sugar content in Ritz crackers off-putting.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:23 pm

lol!!!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Pantry really needs to compare his favorite breakfast spot to Ellie's. I may be getting too provincial in my old age but this place is great. Gotta skip cooking here tomorrow morning.

Sleep in Saturday is tomorrow! :) not for me..lol.. I'll be brewing the coffee! Our Special is going to be by request.
***Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed French Toast w/meat $7.95
( homemade peanut butter, cream cheese filling, in between 2 perfectly dipped pieces of Texas toast. (Secret ingredients) Grilled to a crisp golden, brown and topped w/strawberry compote) Did someone say YES!!!!
****Biscuits and Gravy w/fruit $5.95
( 2 open faced, grilled, buttermilk biscuits. With real butter, I might add. Topped with our House made sausage gravy) Yes I said Gravy Wink
Come on in for breakfast, I'll be waiting!

tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread - Page 2 Ellies10
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 pm

pork butt vs. pork shoulder?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:18 pm

Butter vs. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:58 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Pantry really needs to compare his favorite breakfast spot to Ellie's.   I may be getting too provincial in my old age but this place is great.   Gotta skip cooking here tomorrow morning.

Sleep in Saturday is tomorrow! :) not for me..lol.. I'll be brewing the coffee! Our Special is going to be by request.
( homemade peanut butter, cream cheese filling, in between 2 perfectly dipped pieces of Texas toast. (Secret ingredients) Grilled to a crisp golden, brown and topped w/strawberry compote) Did someone say YES!!!!
( 2 open faced, grilled, buttermilk biscuits. With real butter, I might add. Topped with our House made sausage gravy) Yes I said Gravy Wink

Not much of a sweets fan.  Haven't had pancakes, waffles, or french toast since my last kid moved out of the house.  Like sausage gravy on a country omelet but not a fan of biscuits.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:00 pm

Nordic wrote:pork butt vs. pork shoulder?
Like them both so always smoke one of each

tOfficial ask Pantry to review things thread - Page 2 09-06-10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Cameron wrote:Butter vs. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.
Wouldn't eat margarine if you paid me
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:06 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Pantry really needs to compare his favorite breakfast spot to Ellie's. I may be getting too provincial in my old age but this place is great. Gotta skip cooking here tomorrow morning.

Mother of God. Gimme.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:23 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Cameron wrote:Butter vs. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.
Wouldn't eat margarine if you paid me

So you CAN believe it's not butter. Got it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:28 pm

You need to find another restaurant to match with this one for a taste test.

Dearborn's Al Ameer only Michigan restaurant on Eater U.S. list

Al Ameer, one of Dearborn’s longtime Lebanese restaurants, has been named to Eater’s 2018 list of America’s 38 Essential Restaurants. It’s the only Michigan restaurant on the food and dining website's fifth annual list.

This is Al Ameer's third consecutive year on the list, which was put together by Eater restaurant critic Bill Addison and released Tuesday. The former Torino restaurant in Ferndale is the only other Michigan establishment that has made the list.

According to Eater, the list was crafted after more than eight months of travel by Addison to 36 cities, where he ate nearly 600 meals.

While praising of Al Ameer on his 2017 list, Addison wrote: “Among the wealth of Dearborn’s Lebanese restaurants, Khalil Ammar and Zaki Hashem’s family enterprise excels in its always-fresh mezze and lush stuffed lamb.”

In 2016, he wrote that Al Ameer “ shines as an example of hospitality and superb cooking. They also run a butcher shop, an advantage that shows in the freshness of their peerless stuffed lamb.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Sounds good, especially the stuffed lamb. Bet their kibbeh nayyeh is awesome.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:47 pm

I could make the best stuffed lamb in Michigan. I choose not to.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:02 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I could make the best stuffed lamb in Michigan. I choose not to.
You're a great man to restrain yourself from crushing the egos of the numerous restaurateurs of middle eastern descent trying to scratch out a living in Michigan .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:09 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I could make the best stuffed lamb in Michigan. I choose not to.
You're a great man to restrain yourself from crushing the egos of the numerous restaurateurs of middle eastern descent trying to scratch out a living in Michigan .

This is the smartest, most truthful statement you’ve ever made. And thanks, I try to stay in my lane.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:22 pm

Cleaves or Skiles
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:57 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Sorry, like the Easter bunny there is no such thing as great stuffed lamb.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:01 am

kingstonlake wrote:Cleaves or Skiles

Skiles. I know Mateen won it all but let's see him do it with Larry Polec and Barry Fordham.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2