Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Engler

+20
I.B. Fine
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
duffy munn
Death Roe
tGreenWay
Cameron
TheReal_LWS
AvgMSUJoe
Wally Fairway
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
DWags
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
24 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Engler - Page 3 Empty Re: Engler

Post by NigelUno 17/01/19, 09:24 am

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:Surprised? Nah, get ready for a big circus now.

That was my vote a while ago. I’m all for it.

Seems like she'd be qualified to be an advocate for survivors. Not sure she's qualified to be President though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/19, 09:34 am

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Seems like she'd be qualified to be an advocate for survivors. Not sure she's qualified to be President though.

That’s my point. There will be single issue forces that will want their person because they are strong on a particular issue. There is a lot that goes into being a president of a university. People will be blinded by this issue. Maybe this lady is qualified to be the president, but what do we know about her? She put Nassar in his place in court? Cool. I know half of you guys would have. But I don’t want you running my university.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/01/19, 09:49 am

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Seems like she'd be qualified to be an advocate for survivors.  Not sure she's qualified to be President though.  

Probably right. Just thought if you are going to lower the bar for guy's like Engler and Blanchard then she seems just as qualified. And I have confidence she'd do a better job than the last guy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/19, 09:57 am

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Seems like she'd be qualified to be an advocate for survivors.  Not sure she's qualified to be President though.  

Probably right. Just thought if you are going to lower the bar for guy's like Engler and Blanchard then she seems just as qualified. And I have confidence she'd do a better job than the last guy.

We needed specific qualifications at that time. Those two had. They used those attributes to save state funding. For parents writing checks to MSU that was welcomed. Beyond that, running a state vs running a court room might be more suited to run a university but I don’t know that either.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/01/19, 10:09 am

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

We needed specific qualifications at that time. Those two had. They used those attributes to save state funding. For parents writing checks to MSU that was welcomed. Beyond that, running a state vs running a court room might be more suited to run a university but I don’t know that either.

Yeah, that makes sense I get it. Glad they are raising the bar again and hoping this next guy gets things back on track.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 17/01/19, 10:10 am

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yeah, that makes sense I get it. Glad they are raising the bar again and hoping this next guy gets things back on track.

Please Steve, we are inclusive here at swill.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/01/19, 10:21 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Please Steve, we are inclusive here at swill.

Hey, I'm the person that was rooting for a lady judge to get the gig. Hopefully that counts for something.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/19, 10:31 am

Guys take a look at the search committee. We aren't getting an Aqualina. I'm not saying I trust the search committee since I believe Fergie is on it, but I'd bet on something closer to Engler than Aqualina. I mean I'm not betting on that either. But this isn't going to turn into the Sister Survivors running the University. I hope they get some input but MSU still has an insular culture up in Hannah, don't let Engler's ouster fool you. You still have JF and Melanie Foster on that board. Byrum is part of the old guard, as well.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/19, 10:56 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Guys take a look at the search committee. We aren't getting an Aqualina. I'm not saying I trust the search committee since I believe Fergie is on it, but I'd bet on something closer to Engler than Aqualina. I mean I'm not betting on that either. But this isn't going to turn into the Sister Survivors running the University. I hope they get some input but MSU still has an insular culture up in Hannah, don't let Engler's ouster fool you. You still have JF and Melanie Foster on that board. Byrum is part of the old guard, as well.

I hope you’re right. I’m betting on the circus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/19, 11:00 am

I don't hope I'm right. Hell I'd prefer the circus to the "Gee Ess Em" continuing to run the show and pick some douche that JF can schmooz with at the Lansing Country Club.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 17/01/19, 11:43 am

The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria

I forgot about that one.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/19, 12:01 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't hope I'm right. Hell I'd prefer the circus to the "Gee Ess Em" continuing to run the show and pick some douche that JF can schmooz with at the Lansing Country Club.

Careful what you wish for. It’s a fine line you walk when you bring needed changes but you bring people in who also believe the core of the culture problem begins with athletics.

And before anyone thinks that’s my great desire is to have a program like Bama football or Kentucky basketball, it’s not. But, like you, I’m on this board because I like MSU sports. Put me in the nervous category on what could happen.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 17/01/19, 12:10 pm

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Guys take a look at the search committee. We aren't getting an Aqualina. I'm not saying I trust the search committee since I believe Fergie is on it, but I'd bet on something closer to Engler than Aqualina. I mean I'm not betting on that either. But this isn't going to turn into the Sister Survivors running the University. I hope they get some input but MSU still has an insular culture up in Hannah, don't let Engler's ouster fool you. You still have JF and Melanie Foster on that board. Byrum is part of the old guard, as well.

Take the points
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 17/01/19, 12:13 pm

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't hope I'm right. Hell I'd prefer the circus to the "Gee Ess Em" continuing to run the show and pick some douche that JF can schmooz with at the Lansing Country Club.

Careful what you wish for. It’s a fine line you walk when you bring needed changes but you bring people in who also believe the core of the culture problem begins with athletics.

And before anyone thinks that’s my great desire is to have a program like Bama football or Kentucky basketball, it’s not. But, like you, I’m on this board because I like MSU sports. Put me in the nervous category on what could happen.
Yup. Clifton Wharton, Part II, come on down.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 17/01/19, 12:15 pm

I like how he blamed his misogyny on Democrats.

Engler - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/19, 12:36 pm

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:

Take the points

Yeah. Here’s where it starts. Do you here the circus music? I see the 20 clowns chasing the Volkswagen ready to jump in.

New AG will interview Engler now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 17/01/19, 12:59 pm

Need to being in Condi Rice. She checks off two boxes and she loves football
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/19, 01:31 pm

Is that misquote Murphy I see?

Engler - Page 3 Ec3e9b10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 17/01/19, 01:48 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Need to being in Condi Rice. She checks off two boxes and she loves football
She would be amazing......so there's no chance
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/01/19, 02:01 pm

DWags wrote:Engler - Page 3 502811600

Is that misquote Murphy I see?

Engler - Page 3 Ec3e9b10

Did he go full dome this year? I thought he had a little bit of coverage up top last year.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/01/19, 02:02 pm

https://goo.gl/images/tsC3Yo

Yeah, he kept a little fuzz on top last year.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 17/01/19, 02:43 pm

Cameron wrote:The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria

I still cringe when I see this
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 17/01/19, 02:54 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I like how he blamed his misogyny on Democrats.

No he didn't. Jesus H. This comment is even dumber than Steve's. Steve's was ignorant, yours is simply untrue and baseless. Take off your political goggles.

Last edited by Nordic on 17/01/19, 03:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 17/01/19, 03:07 pm

Nordic wrote:

No he didn't. Jesus H. This comment is even dumber than Steve's. Steve's was ignorant, yours is simply untrue and baseless. Take off your political googles.

Bob doesn't have goggles, that's just how his eyes work. There is no off switch.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 17/01/19, 03:09 pm

DWags wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Take the points

Yeah. Here’s where it starts. Do you here the circus music? I see the 20 clowns chasing the Volkswagen ready to jump in.

New AG will interview Engler now.

So the AG is going to continue to try this in the media. Absurd. This has been their tactic for the last few months. They seem pissed because haven't found a smoking gun to hang everyone.

Meanwhile Geddart still freely walks around.....
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/01/19, 03:16 pm

Nordic wrote:

No he didn't. Jesus H. This comment is even dumber than Steve's. Steve's was ignorant, yours is simply untrue and baseless. Take off your political goggles.

He blamed it on the democrats becoming the majority right in paragraph one. Is there something I missed? Also, can you point out where he took accountability for his actions.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 17/01/19, 06:44 pm

Nordic wrote:

Yeah, that's not happening.

To be honest, I'll wait for the SJW to dictate the selection, and react accordingly. I think Engler did a fine job at many things, but is too old to recognize that his every word (true or not... and I am far from knowing) would be judged on a different scale based on perception.

In this time, there is the least deference to leadership than I have ever seen in my lifetime. The page turns. We'll see what the new leader brings. Slam me if you want, but I don't care at the moment. I'll care more when I have something to stand behind or bitch about.

It was time for a change.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/19, 06:56 pm

SawGreen wrote:
Nordic wrote:

To be honest, I'll wait for the SJW to dictate the selection, and react accordingly. I think Engler did a fine job at many things, but is too old to recognize that his every word (true or not... and I am far from knowing) would be judged on a different scale based on perception.

In this time, there is the least deference to leadership than I have ever seen in my lifetime. The page turns. We'll see what the new leader brings. Slam me if you want, but I don't care at the moment. I'll care more when I have something to stand behind or bitch about.

Are you as nervous as me about potential to really downgrade athletics? I think some people aren’t grasping that. Again, it doesn’t control me, but we’re on this message board for a reason.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 17/01/19, 06:59 pm

DWags wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

Are you as nervous as me about potential to really downgrade athletics? I think some people aren’t grasping that. Again, it doesn’t control me, but we’re on this message board for a reason.

Oh, the concern is real, and very possible.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 17/01/19, 07:00 pm

SawGreen wrote:
Nordic wrote:

SJW’s lol!!!

Lock the doors the SJWs are coming to ruin the neighborhood.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 17/01/19, 07:00 pm

D wags that downgrade is probably already going to happen when dantonio and izzo jump ship despite who the president is.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/01/19, 07:03 pm

I grasp that a new progressive President might negatively affect Athletics. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't personally care. Do what's right. Fix the problem. It doesn't have to be either or, but I'd rather fix the University and negatively affect revenue sports than keep the weird insular culture in place at the top.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/19, 07:03 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:D wags that downgrade is probably already going to happen when dantonio and izzo jump ship despite who the president is.

Perfect storm, perfect timing. Get ready to look up Michigan’s ass again for a decade or so. But justice is justice.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 17/01/19, 07:05 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:

He blamed it on the democrats becoming the majority right in paragraph one. Is there something I missed? Also, can you point out where he took accountability for his actions.

The first paragraph was a political jab.  Politicians are going to politic. And technically he was stating facts in the first page, not assessing blame for anything (yes you can infer). I could of done without pretty much the entire first page, but ignored it and read the full letter.

The rest of the letter was actually pretty decent (note I said decent, not great) and he detailed his "actions". You (admittedly) read one paragraph (the only political paragraph) of a six page document and frammed political commentary. That is pretty much the definition of ignorance.... commenting without having full knowledge of the content. You should read the whole thing if your passonite enough to comment on it.

If he acted in public more like he did in the rest of the letter, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. Unfortunately he has the bedside manner of an 90s politician and couldn't stop from publicly stepping on his dick and making MSU look the fool. I would of liked to of seen him address this in his letter, but whatever. He wasn't going to do that.

He navigated the major obstacles (the settlement, Congress, state funding). I don't know if the new guy could of done that. But as WBH said "75% fuck that guy" and needed to go.

Last edited by Nordic on 17/01/19, 07:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 17/01/19, 07:06 pm

steveschneider wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

SJW’s lol!!!

The point is that people without facts dictate things now (and the news simply reports the conjecture). It's all about the mob... the mob rules.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 17/01/19, 07:07 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I grasp that a new progressive President might negatively affect Athletics. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't personally care. Do what's right. Fix the problem. It doesn't have to be either or, but I'd rather fix the University and negatively affect revenue sports than keep the weird insular culture in place at the top.

Well, you’re going to get it. In spades. I have no problem with it either. But it’s going to be 40 years in the desert. Oh well. I was a student in the 80’s. No skin off my nose.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 17/01/19, 07:14 pm

SawGreen wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

SJW’s lol!!!

The point is that people without facts dictate things now (and the news simply reports the conjecture).  It's all about the mob... the mob rules.

If this was gospel/true, then Dantonio and Izzo would be gone... but don't let facts get in the way of your "point".
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 17/01/19, 07:16 pm

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I grasp that a new progressive President might negatively affect Athletics. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I don't personally care. Do what's right. Fix the problem. It doesn't have to be either or, but I'd rather fix the University and negatively affect revenue sports than keep the weird insular culture in place at the top.

Well, you’re going to get it. In spades. I have no problem with it either. But it’s going to be 40 years in the desert. Oh well. I was a student in the 80’s. No skin off my nose.

So the run is over?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 17/01/19, 07:22 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

The point is that people without facts dictate things now (and the news simply reports the conjecture).  It's all about the mob... the mob rules.

If this was gospel/true, then Dantonio and Izzo would be gone... but don't let facts get in the way of your "point".

Bullshit. The mob ruled on those too. It just wasn't big enough.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 17/01/19, 07:28 pm

SawGreen wrote:
The point is that people without facts dictate things now (and the news simply reports the conjecture). It's all about the mob... the mob rules.
yeah. And Twitter is the worst. Half the idiots on there think msu actively covered for him. And don't know who was pres.prior to engler.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next