Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serial Podcast fans? HBO Doc: The Case Against Adnan Syed (March 2019)

+6
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
10 posters

Go down

Serial Podcast fans? HBO Doc: The Case Against Adnan Syed (March 2019) Empty Serial Podcast fans? HBO Doc: The Case Against Adnan Syed (March 2019)

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 15:15

GUILTY!

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Serial Podcast fans? HBO Doc: The Case Against Adnan Syed (March 2019) Empty Re: Serial Podcast fans? HBO Doc: The Case Against Adnan Syed (March 2019)

Post by tGreenWay Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 15:26

Did you listen to the Serial podcast? You think he did it?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Serial Podcast fans? HBO Doc: The Case Against Adnan Syed (March 2019) Empty Re: Serial Podcast fans? HBO Doc: The Case Against Adnan Syed (March 2019)

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 15:30

tGreenWay wrote:Did you listen to the Serial podcast? You think he did it?

I did and i do. Too many “coincidences” for it not to be him IMO.

Jay was involved way more than we know, but still
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 15:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

It’s been a couple of years since I listened, so I’ve forgotten most of the details. I do recall not being convinced he was guilty.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 15:45

I know nothing about this case other than what I just watched. Seems kind of reminiscent of The Night Of, if anyone happened to watch that.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 15:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I know nothing about this case other than what I just watched. Seems kind of reminiscent of The Night Of, if anyone happened to watch that.

I forgot about this show - kinda want to re watch it. Remind me, is there going to be another season?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 15:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I know nothing about this case other than what I just watched. Seems kind of reminiscent of The Night Of, if anyone happened to watch that.

I forgot about this show - kinda want to re watch it. Remind me, is there going to be another season?

I don't think so. They'd have to do it like True Detective with a different cast, unless they keep putting the guy in really bad situations where he almost goes to prison for life.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 16:23

Hey there were too many coincidences, guy. Guess you have to go to prison forever.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 16:28

Rocinante wrote:

Hey there were too many coincidences, guy. Guess you have to go to prison forever.

I think he did it, that doesn’t necessarily mean i think he should have been charged with it. I’d have to dig more, but i believe the podcast left some key parts out - while this has been appealed in court and denied. With how fucked the justice system is, who knows.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 5 Feb 2019 - 16:35

Rocinante wrote:

I think he did it, that doesn’t necessarily mean i think he should have been charged with it. I’d have to dig more, but i believe the podcast left some key parts out - while this has been appealed in court and denied. With how fucked the justice system is, who knows.

Yeah the end of that series left me disappointed. I guess that’s why real life rarely makes a clean story though. His lawyer that died was terrible. There’s certainly stuff people aren’t saying, but regardless of whether he did it or not, the evidence against him was weak as shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 0:06

Starting part 1
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 7:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Starting part 1
what did you think?

my wife was watching it last night and yelled into the other room "hey, Google that Syed kid and see what happened to him"..!!

so I'm not sure if she became disinterested and figured she'd want to see what his current status is.. or if she was just reading ahead.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 8:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Starting part 1
what did you think?

my wife was watching it last night and yelled into the other room "hey, Google that Syed kid and see what happened to him"..!!

so I'm not sure if she became disinterested and figured she'd want to see what his current status is.. or if she was just reading ahead.

I'd like to think Bob has a man cave but fairly certain he was doing dishes.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 8:20

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: what did you think?

Serial Podcast fans? HBO Doc: The Case Against Adnan Syed (March 2019) 502811600

if you must know, I tweaked my ankle running on ice.. so I had it elevated on the couch in the living room and was in the process of performing a contrast bath treatment to facilitate healing.

no worries - I'm okay and walking normal.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 8:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Serial Podcast fans? HBO Doc: The Case Against Adnan Syed (March 2019) 502811600

if you must know, I tweaked my ankle running on ice.. so I had it elevated on the couch in the living room and was in the process of performing a contrast bath treatment to facilitate healing.

A contrast bath treatment? I don't understand fancy European liberal jargon Bob. Keep it simple.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 8:26

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

A contrast bath treatment? I don't understand fancy European liberal jargon Bob. Keep it simple.

A contrast bath is a form of hydrotherapy. It is also called hot/cold immersion therapy. It is the use of hot and cold water to help decrease pain and increase circulation in area of injury and restricted blood flow.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 8:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

A contrast bath is a form of hydrotherapy. It is also called hot/cold immersion therapy. It is the use of hot and cold water to help decrease pain and increase circulation in area of injury and restricted blood flow.

ELITIST!! Bob has a two bath spa!!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 8:28

basically you alternate from sticking your foot (in my case) into an ice bath for 3-4 minutes, then into hot water for 3-4 minutes.. the thermoreceptors in the affected region are then activated, acting as a "pump", causing vasodialation and vasoconstriction.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 8:29

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

ELITIST!! Bob has a two bath spa!!

or two buckets I brought up from the basement that were purchased at Home Depot. Either way.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 8:32

Yeah Google kind of spoils this series if you really want to look.

Pretty interesting 1st episode. Still seems like the most likely suspect is the guy that's been in prison for a while. In other words, I don't think the cops ultimately fucked up on this one.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 8:53

I watched the first episode. It was alright. Then realized it was a series and was pretty bummed. Seems this could of been wrapped up in an hour or two.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 13 Mar 2019 - 10:08

It wasn’t bad, nothing really groundbreaking. Didn’t love the cartoon animations. Pylon- re google, they only released the first 3 eps to the media/4.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 19 Sep 2022 - 16:19

A judge has vacated the conviction of Adnan Syed and ordered his release from prison.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/09/19/adnan-syed-conviction-vacated-judge/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 19 Sep 2022 - 17:53

They have 30 days to decide if they want to try to prosecute him again. I’m interested to know what the evidence that was withheld is. Dude is 41. If he’s really not involved, I hope he becomes a millionaire. If he is…. We’ll I hope other stuff happens to him. Ther was a lot of weird circumstantial shit if I remember correctly. I always felt like he was more involved than he said.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 19 Sep 2022 - 18:13

OTPT is going to tilt. Be prepared. Maybe have somebody on standby to calm him down.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 19 Sep 2022 - 20:06

Turtleneck wrote:OTPT is going to tilt. Be prepared. Maybe have somebody on standby to calm him down.

You should probably fly out to console him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 19 Sep 2022 - 20:38

Rocinante wrote:They have 30 days to decide if they want to try to prosecute him again. I’m interested to know what the evidence that was withheld is. Dude is 41. If he’s really not involved, I hope he becomes a millionaire. If he is…. We’ll I hope other stuff happens to him. Ther was a lot of weird circumstantial shit if I remember correctly. I always felt like he was more involved than he said.

There’s no guarantee he’ll get a payout even if he deserves one. He might get something, but nothing near what he deserves. If Michigan is any indication of how other states are running their payout programs, legislators will defund the operations and make it excruciatingly difficult to receive compensation. People on both sides of the aisle jumped on board the “righting the wrongs” train, made a huge deal when rolling out conviction integrity units, and planted millions of dollars in funding for the wrongfully imprisoned. But now? A few years later? Those operations are struggling to remain funded and the CIUs are struggling for bodies to help out. Once places like the state of Michigan and the city of Detroit discovered just how many people have been wrongfully imprisoned, they hopped back off that train, defunded payouts, and shrunk staff because it’s costing so much fucking money. A lot of those same people just want those units to shrivel up and go away. It’s really sad and more than a little infuriating.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 11 Oct 2022 - 11:09

Prosecutors drop charges.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/11/us/adnan-syed-charges-dropped/index.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 11 Oct 2022 - 11:23

I coincidentally started listening to serial right before that news broke, so that was convenient timing.

I think it was the current boyfriend Don tbh. On the podcast they just sort of accepted his alibi that he was at work and moved on, only to discuss him briefly again toward the end. But his mom was his manager and there were inconsistencies with like punching in and which store he was at and shit like that. He did say something in a non recorded interview to the effect of “when they called me and said that she was missing I knew right away they were going to pin this on me because I’m the boyfriend”. I heard that and was like “pin what on you? If my SO was missing for a few hours I’d be pretty focused on finding her, not auto assuming she was murdered”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 11 Oct 2022 - 11:24

But now I want a different but similar murder podcast to listen to because the other two seasons of serial are stupid so I’m in for recommendations if you have any
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 12 Oct 2022 - 15:05

The Baltimore prosecutor said this morning she believes that Syed is actually innocent. So, those of you who thought he might be guilty, take note. Or don’t. Doesn’t matter.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/3685084-prosecutor-notes-major-red-flags-in-adnan-syed-case/

Travis, I’m with you. Serial really crapped out after the first season.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 28 Mar 2023 - 14:28

And round and round it goes. Syed’s conviction is reinstated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/03/28/adnan-syed-conviction-reinstated/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 28 Mar 2023 - 14:55

tGreenWay wrote:And round and round it goes. Syed’s conviction is reinstated.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/03/28/adnan-syed-conviction-reinstated/
Fuck that, I'd be un-available for re-instatement if I were him. Who doesn't extradite?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 28 Mar 2023 - 15:24

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:And round and round it goes. Syed’s conviction is reinstated.

Fuck that, I'd be un-available for re-instatement if I were him. Who doesn't extradite?

lol unfortunately, that list is mostly made up of undesirable destinations, though there are a couple exceptions. Bhutan, for example, is supposed to have some of the happiest citizens on earth. Maybe that’s because those living there can’t be extradited elsewhere. Of course, it could also have something to do with the long-held cultural fascination with the human penis. Most doors have dicks on them. I’d like to believe the women enjoy playing with them, at least more than I enjoy playing with my own. 😬
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 28 Mar 2023 - 15:49

Why do you know so much about this?
Heat, can you trace his IP? Do we have a Bhutanian in da house?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 28 Mar 2023 - 15:53

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Why do you know so much about this?
Heat, can you trace his IP? Do we have a Bhutanian in da house?

Please drive down every street in the Glencairn neighborhood while looking for a penis displayed on the front door of one of the houses. Who knows? There may be more than one.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down