Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - Final Season

+23
tGreenWay
NWSpartan
Clarett's Folly
I.B. Fine
CORNER BLITZ
Death Roe
DWags
pulling69
Tim Wakefield
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
tTito
InTenSity
StylesGShmooth
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
WhiteBoyHatcher
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
27 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 6 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - Final Season

Post by StylesGShmooth 2019-04-30, 23:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:I'm waiting for Dany's heel turn. Final Battle Jon vs her for the Iron Throne, even though he doesn't want it.

Seems possible. This is one way they could go with the twist. As she told Sansa... She's cared only about one thing her entire life.

She keeps saying that, but she was a meek puppet for the first several episodes. I guess she could say she cared about it for her family, I guess, but her brother panwed her off to Khal Drogo in exchange for an army for him.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 6 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - Final Season

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-04-30, 23:39

No doubt. It seems like revisionist history. But she's certainly been completely obsessed with it for awhile now, of course highlighted (on purpose I'm guessing) by her reaction to Jon's news in the last episode. TLDR I think your heel turn theory is a possibility. They've got to throw us a curve somewhere don't they??
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-01, 00:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:No doubt. It seems like revisionist history. But she's certainly been completely obsessed with it for awhile now, of course highlighted (on purpose I'm guessing) by her reaction to Jon's news in the last episode. TLDR I think your heel turn theory is a possibility. They've got to throw us a curve somewhere don't they??

I don’t even know if I trust the writers on this show to throw a curve now. Like, fuck it, just throw the fast ball that you are confident in. Otherwise I think that whatever twist they might come up with would be too heavy handed since they aren’t very good at this.

On that note- If they went a Jon vs Dani route, all they’d have to do is point out that Dani didn’t actually send her entire army to winterfell. Maybe she held a few thousand dothraki and unsullied off in the wings. That’d sufficiently piss people off I’d think. Not that that’s what I’d want, but it’d be a thing I guess.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-01, 00:06

Yeah you're probably right Travis. There isn't going to be a curve is there. The biggest curve will be who kills Cersei and how, and who dies in the interim. I am sure that they will make up for the lack of main characters biting it in the last episode by taking out someone like Tyrion, Jon, Sansa etc.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-01, 00:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah you're probably right Travis. There isn't going to be a curve is there. The biggest curve will be who kills Cersei and how, and who dies in the interim. I am sure that they will make up for the lack of main characters biting it in the last episode by taking out someone like Tyrion, Jon, Sansa etc.

But thank God we’ll get to see two minor characters who I guess technically are brothers fight. That’s very important.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-01, 00:39

Team travis. At this point any curve will be an improvement from the game of transformers we’ve had for 1.5 seasons now. Just end this shit already.

My roommates have been watching season 3-5 or so and it’s amazing how different and better these eps are when i stop and watch. Maybe I’ll just do that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-02, 07:18

So Sansa got married to Joe Jonas in Vegas by an Elvis impersonator. Maybe the world isn't quite so bad after all.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-02, 07:54

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 6 Anigif_sub-buzz-2722-1553098693-1
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-02, 09:23

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 6 Jkzebn4jdqv21
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2019-05-03, 14:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 6 Jkzebn4jdqv21

lol. That's awesome. A little harsh on Season 6 though. My favorite episode is in that season.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-05-03, 15:05

Wonder if it just got too damn expensive or what? If every episode is like producing a major motion picture, I can see how plot points and story nuance can take a hit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-04, 14:03

StylesGShmooth wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 6 Jkzebn4jdqv21

lol. That's awesome. A little harsh on Season 6 though. My favorite episode is in that season.

Battle of the bastards is in that season yeah? I love that episode. Just amazing cinematography and planning.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-04, 20:15

Battle of the Bastards and Hardhome are the 2 best episodes of all IMO. I love when Tormound caves in bonesies face
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-04, 20:47

I hope Tormund gets the throne.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2019-05-04, 20:49

Rocinante wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:

Battle of the bastards is in that season yeah? I love that episode. Just amazing cinematography and planning.

Actually my bad; Hardhome, my favorite, is season 5. Bastards and Winds of Winter did send Season 6 out on a bang though. Literally.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-04, 21:59

My favorite was when the Dothraki and Drogon fucked up the Lannisters. 2nd favorite was when Oberyn got his hear crushed like an egg. That was fucked up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSpartan 2019-05-04, 22:35

Lady Mormont wins the throne in a dance off...

https://twitter.com/rmlundyjr/status/1124439635353133057
NWSpartan
NWSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-04, 23:08

Nordic wrote:Battle of the Bastards and Hardhome are the 2 best episodes of all IMO. I love when Tormound caves in bonesies face

And yet some argue it was that battle where the show lost its way.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-05, 06:43

NWSpartan wrote:Lady Mormont wins the throne in a dance off...

It's pretty amazing that she keeps going after spinning upside down on her head a few hundred times. I'd have passed out after that. If I could do it all, I mean.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-05, 13:09

NWSpartan wrote:Lady Mormont wins the throne in a dance off...

Why would you think that’s the same kid?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2019-05-05, 20:07

BTW, was I the only one that couldn't help but laugh when that Giant swatted the shit outta young Lady Mormont?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-05, 20:28

StylesGShmooth wrote:BTW, was I the only one that couldn't help but laugh when that Giant swatted the shit outta young Lady Mormont?

Ha. I liked her scream too.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-05, 21:11

Quite the funeral pyre.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-05, 21:40

Floyd Robertson wrote:Quite the funeral pyre.

Sincerely,

Jim Morrison
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-05-05, 22:34

Gs gonna poison her or some shit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-05-05, 22:34

Wait, I'm behind. Forget my comments.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-05, 23:01

This show fucking sucks
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-05, 23:40

I liked tonight's episode. At least more than last week's episode. I like what they're setting up.

The only part that I thought was BS was that seemingly out of nowhere the fleet and dragons are getting attacked. WTF. Cersei and Euron are out maneuvering these idiots at every turn.

They are setting up Danyreus to be losin her damn mind power hungry. And Sansa to be the one seeing things clearly and playing the game. I bet Jon and Dany kill each other in the final episode or something like that. Dany kills Sana and Jon kills Dany. Something along those lines.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-05, 23:45

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This show fucking sucks

This is the new “I liked (insert band) before they were popular.”

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-06, 00:02

Deus Ex Greyjoy sails again.

Dany is going coo-coo for Coco Puffs though, so thats something.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-06, 00:09

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This show fucking sucks

Although Jon Snow absolutely sucks. First, he is a total idiot when it comes to strategy and tactics in battle. He royally screwed up at the Battle of Bastard and was no better in the showdown with the White Walkers/UM fans. Second, the dude just gives up his direwolf. That was bullshit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-06, 00:41

I don't disagree Turtle dick. Sansa, Varys et Al must not think very highly of Danyreus if they think Jon would be a better ruler. His heart is in the right place but he's as dumb as his fake Daddy. Maybe Sansa takes this thing after all.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-06, 00:45

So it’s pretty clear Jaime is going to kill Cersie, o?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-06, 00:47

I don’t want the throne I want my queen to have it. Now I’m going to tell a secret that will lead to me being wanted on the throne. Fucking trash. Booooo
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-06, 01:20

I think WBH is right. Dany is going to lose control and Jon is going to have to kill her. The problem is Jon can’t be on the throne.

Maybe Jon will be the King of an independent north and Robin Arryn or some dumbass character we forgot about will sneak in for the throne.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSpartan 2019-05-06, 01:24

Rocinante wrote:So it’s pretty clear Jaime is going to kill Cersie, o?
I have to agree with you.
NWSpartan
NWSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-06, 01:40

Four person playoff

Dany: down to her last dragon, which still gives her plenty of firepower. But she can only play offense. Her defense sucks. As somebody pointed out on Twitter, she is pretty much a Big 12 team with her offense and lousy defense.

Jon: some lucky bounces, and one huge comeback have got him here. But he is all emotion and is mistake prone. He doesn’t execute well under pressure. At this level, you have to be smarter. It will catch up to him.

Sansa: cool under pressure, but new to the scene. Does she have what it takes to win at this level? What she lacks at the skill positions she makes up for with persistence. She never gives up and will always be in the game late. No doubt she survived a brutal schedule to get here.

Cersei: she is Alabama. The most most well balanced squad left. Can play offense and defense. Highly skilled team and a proven coaching advantage. However, hubris has been a problem for her in the past.

Among these four, Sansa or Cersei have the best chances at this point. Jon doesn’t have the starategic mind for it, and Dany might not have the temperament.

Who are the dark horses?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2019-05-06, 07:08

Game of Thrones is Allen Iverson and we're currently in the Pistons phase of his career.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-06, 07:39

Turtleneck wrote:Four person playoff

Dany: down to her last dragon, which still gives her plenty of firepower. But she can only play offense. Her defense sucks. As somebody pointed out on Twitter, she is pretty much a Big 12 team with her offense and lousy defense.

Jon: some lucky bounces, and one huge comeback have got him here. But he is all emotion and is mistake prone. He doesn’t execute well under pressure. At this level, you have to be smarter. It will catch up to him.

Sansa: cool under pressure, but new to the scene. Does she have what it takes to win at this level? What she lacks at the skill positions she makes up for with persistence. She never gives up and will always be in the game late. No doubt she survived a brutal schedule to get here.

Cersei: she is Alabama. The most most well balanced squad left. Can play offense and defense. Highly skilled team and a proven coaching advantage. However, hubris has been a problem for her in the past.

Among these four, Sansa or Cersei have the best chances at this point. Jon doesn’t have the starategic mind for it, and Dany might not have the temperament.

Who are the dark horses?

These analogies are terrible. Particularly Cersei. Not everything gets to be analogous to a football team. Sometimes things are just different.

You know what, fuck it. I’ll just fix it for you. Cersei is Alabama’s kid. Alabama died on the shitter so now Alabama’s kid is in charge because Alabama’s grand kid fell in love with some religious fanatics and offed himself when alabamas kid killed them. Cersei makes a lot of stupid mistakes that Alabama never would have. Cersei is.... um, Auburn I guess. Sure whatever.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-06, 07:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Four person playoff

Who are the dark horses?

These analogies are terrible. Particularly Cersei. Not everything gets to be analogous to a football team. Sometimes things are just different.

You know what, fuck it. I’ll just fix it for you. Cersei is Alabama’s kid. Alabama died on the shitter so now Alabama’s kid is in charge because Alabama’s grand kid fell in love with some religious fanatics and offed himself when alabamas kid killed them. Cersei makes a lot of stupid mistakes that Alabama never would have. Cersei is.... um, Auburn I guess. Sure whatever.

My favorite part of the show is not the actual show, but the fans that claim exclusive knowledge of the show and the exclusive right to judge what other’s say about the show. But yes, I agree, they were horrible. So what? Does this ruin your day, Travis? Are you going to shoot a bad round at the opening week of golf league?

Also, did you watch the NC game? All sort of mistakes made by Alabama that “Alabama would never have.” Relative to the current state and resources of the other three, she is Alabama.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next