Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - Final Season

+23
tGreenWay
NWSpartan
Clarett's Folly
I.B. Fine
CORNER BLITZ
Death Roe
DWags
pulling69
Tim Wakefield
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
tTito
InTenSity
StylesGShmooth
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
WhiteBoyHatcher
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
27 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 7 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - Final Season

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-06, 07:53

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

These analogies are terrible. Particularly Cersei. Not everything gets to be analogous to a football team. Sometimes things are just different.

You know what, fuck it. I’ll just fix it for you. Cersei is Alabama’s kid. Alabama died on the shitter so now Alabama’s kid is in charge because Alabama’s grand kid fell in love with some religious fanatics and offed himself when alabamas kid killed them. Cersei makes a lot of stupid mistakes that Alabama never would have. Cersei is.... um, Auburn I guess. Sure whatever.

My favorite part of the show is not the actual show, but the fans that claim exclusive knowledge of the show and the exclusive right to judge what other’s say about the show. But yes, I agree, they were horrible. So what? Does this ruin your day, Travis? Are you going to shoot a bad round at the opening week of golf league?

Also, did you watch the NC game? All sort of mistakes made by Alabama that “Alabama would never have.” Relative to the current state and resources of the other three, she is Alabama.

Calm down turtleneck.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 7 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - Final Season

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-06, 07:57

You calm down. You’re totally rage posting right now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-06, 08:00

Turtleneck wrote:You calm down. You’re totally rage posting right now.

I’m in a perfect state of zen.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-06, 08:04

Turtleneck wrote:You calm down. You’re totally rage posting right now.

Do any motorcycle maintenance?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-06, 08:05

Is this real? I can’t fire up the episode and verify right now.

https://gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones-accidentally-leaves-modern-coffee-cup-o-1834545322
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-06, 08:22

Turtleneck wrote:

Do any motorcycle maintenance?

I’m so calm that I’m basically the USC of posting but the one from like the mid 2000s not the current one anyway you know what I mean
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-06, 08:27

Meanwhile turtleneck is all up in here like

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 7 ZanyExcitableEasternglasslizard-small
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-06, 08:49

Fact: Travis is the Rutgers of posters.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-06, 08:57

Clarett's Folly wrote:Game of Thrones is Allen Iverson and we're currently in the Pistons phase of his career.

An anology that makes sense. Thank you.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-06, 09:56

Turtleneck wrote:Fact: Travis is the Rutgers of posters.

That was one of the dumber plays you'll see. Was that the playoff year?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-06, 10:54

This screw up reminds me I’m almost out of coffee and need to get to Starbucks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-06, 11:20

I think John dies. I don’t think he’s killed by Denarys (let’s just get out of the way that I will spell every character’s name wrong ok?). But I don’t have a feel yet for whether Denarys dies. My gut says yes. No place for dragons in the modern seven kingdoms. I think Sansa has a good chance at the throne. I think the Baratheon kid also does. I think Jamie kills Cercie. I think he finds out the baby isn’t his. This is the extent of my thoughts. Except one other thing. This show has disappointed me by refusing to kill off main characters like it used to. I mean finally it did with Jorah, but.... come on. Dudes been marked forever.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-06, 11:55

How could the babby not be his though? She didn't let Euron bone her until after Jamie left, and she appears to be using the Euron boning as a cover for having Jamie's babby now that she thinks Jamie deserted her.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-06, 12:04

Jon kills Dany. Arya or Jamie kills Cercei. Jon dissolves the kingdom and allows the local houses to rule their own lands.

Really though i'm just looking forward to Cleganebowl.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-06, 12:41

Rocinante wrote:I think John dies. I don’t think he’s killed by Denarys (let’s just get out of the way that I will spell every character’s name wrong ok?). But I don’t have a feel yet for whether Denarys dies. My gut says yes. No place for dragons in the modern seven kingdoms. I think Sansa has a good chance at the throne. I think the Baratheon kid also does. I think Jamie kills Cercie. I think he finds out the baby isn’t his. This is the extent of my thoughts. Except one other thing. This show has disappointed me by refusing to kill off main characters like it used to. I mean finally it did with Jorah, but.... come on. Dudes been marked forever.

I suspect this will change next week. My guess is Jon, the Hound, Erin, Cersi and Jamie all get clipped next week. Dany in the finale. They had to keep them around for the final couple of episides. Sansa survives, but there is zero chance she is leaving Winterfell. She could give two shit about KL. Not sure where that leaves us, but we'll see.

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-06, 12:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:How could the babby not be his though? She didn't let Euron bone her until after Jamie left, and she appears to be using the Euron boning as a cover for having Jamie's babby now that she thinks Jamie deserted her.

Agree.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-06, 12:42

I don’t know when urine started boning cercie so you’ll have to help me out wbh.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-06, 12:50

Regardless, she’s not having that kid.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-06, 13:03

I’m so glad they didn’t show the conversation about jon snow with Brandon and Sansa- would hate for the writers to actually have to attempt some meaningful dialogue.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-06, 13:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m so glad they didn’t show the conversation about jon snow with Brandon and Sansa- would hate for the writers to actually have to attempt some meaningful dialogue.

Honestly otpt it’s probably for the best. They would have had Arya say something like “lol no way that’s cray” and Sansa slip into a Australian accent for no reason and say “blimey!”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-06, 13:26

[tw]1125445267510177793[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-06, 13:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1125445267510177793[/tw]

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 7 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-06, 13:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1125445267510177793[/tw]

Jordan must be lacking some critical thinking skills.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-06, 13:37

Or maybe Jordan was just being funny.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-06, 13:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Or maybe Jordan was just being funny.

Oh, I see. Actually, that’s hilarious and something I haven’t heard before.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-06, 13:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m so glad they didn’t show the conversation about jon snow with Brandon and Sansa- would hate for the writers to actually have to attempt some meaningful dialogue.
If they had shown the rest of that conversation, I 1000% guarantee that you'd be complaining that the writers were re-hashing the the same conversation that has already been had 3 times already.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-06, 14:01

MiamiSpartan wrote:
If they had shown the rest of that conversation, I 1000% guarantee that you'd be complaining that the writers were re-hashing the the same conversation that has already been had 3 times already.

You’re right i am all about skipping dialogue in favor of rushed battle scenes with explosions on fast forward x10. Been saying that all along. Great point.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-06, 14:36

It’s so fun seeing OTPT grow up. You’re doing it little fella.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-05-06, 14:37

Everyone with claim dies... and shorty sits on the throne.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-06, 14:38

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Everyone with claim dies... and shorty sits on the throne.

Or it goes to a baby who's 7th in line.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-06, 14:41

Rocinante wrote:It’s so fun seeing OTPT grow up. You’re doing it little fella.

I haven’t been a Michael bay fan since probably 13.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-06, 16:22

Nordic wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I think John dies. I don’t think he’s killed by Denarys (let’s just get out of the way that I will spell every character’s name wrong ok?).  But I don’t have a feel yet for whether Denarys dies.  My gut says yes.  No place for dragons in the modern seven kingdoms. I think Sansa has a good chance at the throne.  I think the Baratheon kid also does. I think Jamie kills Cercie.  I think he finds out the baby isn’t his.  This is the extent of my thoughts.  Except one other thing. This show has disappointed me by refusing to kill off main characters like it used to.  I mean finally it did with Jorah, but.... come on.  Dudes been marked forever.

I suspect this will change next week. My guess is Jon, the Hound, Erin, Cersi and Jamie all get clipped next week. Dany in the finale. They had to keep them around for the final couple of episides. Sansa survives, but there is zero chance she is leaving Winterfell. She could give two shit about KL. Not sure where that leaves us, but we'll see.

She still calls me, Bro. Can't quit me.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-06, 16:58

kingstonlake wrote:
Nordic wrote:

She still calls me, Bro. Can't quit me.

lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-06, 17:00

Rocinante wrote:It’s so fun seeing OTPT grow up. You’re doing it little fella.

He’s like a 45-year-old corporate middle manager, beaten down by all of life’s disappointments: Work sucks and there’s no chance of any further advancement; all his supervisors are at least ten years younger than him; the wife has ballooned by 80 pounds since the nuptials were exchanged; and his kids are all assholes. I’d like to see some mod replace OTPT’s avatar with a picture of Eeyore.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-06, 17:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

You’re right i am all about skipping dialogue in favor of rushed battle scenes with explosions on fast forward x10. Been saying that all along. Great point.
There weren't any battle scenes in this episode.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSpartan 2019-05-06, 19:19

About the modern day coffee cup in the scene... This appeared in an Esquire.com article: (link to article https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a27378648/game-of-thrones-coffee-hbo-response/)

"Our theory is that actress Emilia Clarke is the owner of the coffee cup, which must have indeed been coffee, although likely not from Starbucks by the looks of it.

Game of Thrones art director Hauke Richter told Variety that the mistake had been “blown out of proportion.”

“Things can get forgotten on set,” he wrote.

Now HBO has responded to the infamous cup with a statement that reads:

"The latte that appeared in the episode was a mistake. Daenerys had ordered an herbal tea."

Very funny, HBO! But, where did she order the drink from? Here's my theory: Game of Thrones actually exists in our universe, but in a post-apocalyptic future millions of years from now. The cup was actually a relic found in the crypts of Winterfell from our ancient time, and will act as a clue connecting the creation of the Night King to the prevalence of a low-quality coffee corporation that took over the world and destroyed it with its hubris.

Or, you know, it was just a blooper because the Game of Thrones showrunners just don't care at this point."

I'd have to agree--the showrunners just didn't care at that point; the end was near. It's obvious the careful, detailed writing of George R.R. Martin was no longer being used. They just wanted to wrap it up ASAP.
NWSpartan
NWSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-06, 19:40

Your constant complaining does have me wondering WTF the writers were doing with the extra time between seasons 7 and 8. So far nothing in the season 8 story seems so layered or complex that it could not have been banged out in the normal time between seasons.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-06, 20:13

I’m going to guess the CGI is what took all the time, Turtleneck.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-05-06, 20:23

What CGI? Those dragons are real.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2019-05-06, 20:40

My predictions -

Jamie kills Cersei
Dany dies.  I am not certain how, but if I had to guess Tyrion kills her.
Clegane Bowl happens, both die.  Arya possibly killing the Mountain.
Jon sits on the iron throne - as he is the only player who truly does not want it.

Sadly the show seems very predictable now that there are no books to follow, typical Hollywood crap.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next