Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial 2019 March Madness General Discussion Thread

+17
DWags
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
Turtleneck
aualum06
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
Other Teams Pursuing That
Wally Fairway
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Nordic
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

tOfficial 2019 March Madness General Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial 2019 March Madness General Discussion Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-03-18, 15:17

tOfficial 2019 March Madness General Discussion Thread - Page 3 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial 2019 March Madness General Discussion Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: tOfficial 2019 March Madness General Discussion Thread

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-18, 15:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:tOfficial 2019 March Madness General Discussion Thread - Page 3 502811600

Wink
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-03-18, 21:28

steveschneider wrote:What's our likely path to Duke?

vs. Bradley
vs. Louisville
vs. LSU
vs. Duke

We might not even get by Louisville. Let's worry about Duke when and if we get there. If we get to Duke I'll be up for it. Trust me. I don't think anyone here hates them more than yours truly. For now FUCK YOU BRADLEY you pieces of shit!
I'm with you, Steve. The last 24+ hours of people talking about MSU v Duke, how fucked we got, etc. Jesus, when have I heard all this worrying about how Duke would beat us? Oh yeah, last fucking year, and we didn't even get a chance because we lost to a god damn 11 seed. Or how about all the talk about a rematch against Virginia the last time we were a 2 seed? You'd think there would be enough recent evidence to not count our chickens (or Braves, Cardinal, Tigers, etc.) before they're hatched (no WBH pun intended).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-18, 22:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:What's our likely path to Duke?

vs. Bradley
vs. Louisville
vs. LSU
vs. Duke

We might not even get by Louisville. Let's worry about Duke when and if we get there. If we get to Duke I'll be up for it. Trust me. I don't think anyone here hates them more than yours truly. For now FUCK YOU BRADLEY you pieces of shit!
I'm with you, Steve. The last 24+ hours of people talking about MSU v Duke, how fucked we got, etc. Jesus, when have I heard all this worrying about how Duke would beat us? Oh yeah, last fucking year, and we didn't even get a chance because we lost to a god damn 11 seed. Or how about all the talk about a rematch against Virginia the last time we were a 2 seed? You'd think there would be enough recent evidence to not count our chickens (or Braves, Cardinal, Tigers, etc.) before they're hatched (no WBH pun intended).

Last time we were a 2 seed we got our asses kicked. Gotta earn every single win and you can’t look past anyone. It’s time to focus on Bradley and go balls to the wall.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-03-19, 00:06

Bradley is a winnable game, right?

Over half of Louisville's losses - 7 out of 13 - are to #1 and #2 seeds in the Tournament, but MSU is much improved from their meeting months ago. I recently watched Louisville get dismantled at Syracuse. Louisville struggled to score against Syracuse's zone defense and did not do a good job guarding the perimeter.

LSU is a tough. They can score and rebound, but it seems like they are in a tough spot right now. I have no idea if the current situation weighs on them and is a distraction.

I see those as very winnable games, but Duke will take a herculean effort.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-03-19, 00:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think we have a higher chance to beat both LSU and duke than losing to both of them.
lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-19, 07:29

Turtleneck wrote:Bradley is a winnable game, right?

Over half of Louisville's losses - 7 out of 13 - are to #1 and #2 seeds in the Tournament, but MSU is much improved from their meeting months ago. I recently watched Louisville get dismantled at Syracuse. Louisville struggled to score against Syracuse's zone defense and did not do a good job guarding the perimeter.

LSU is a tough. They can score and rebound, but it seems like they are in a tough spot right now. I have no idea if the current situation weighs on them and is a distraction.

I see those as very winnable games, but Duke will take a herculean effort.

I watched Louisville vs Duke and flipped it off right before they completely crapped the bed. For the first 30 minutes or so they looked incredible.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-19, 07:33

Also, fuck LSU and Louisville. Both involved in the fbi cheating scandal. Both are missing their head coaches this year. I’m going to assume there was payment going on in the programs. How are these two fucking teams even eligible for the tournament?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-19, 08:21

steveschneider wrote:Also, fuck LSU and Louisville. Both involved in the fbi cheating scandal. Both are missing their head coaches this year. I’m going to assume there was payment going on in the programs. How are these two fucking teams even eligible for the tournament?

Louisville self-imposed a post season ban in 2016 (and the NCAA hit them with more penalties) for all the shady stuff that went down before the FBI investigation.

Pitino made the NCAA Tournament in 2017. Pitino was then fired for all the FBI/Bowen stuff.

Louisville made the NIT with an interim coach in 2018, then hired Mack and made the NCAA this year.

Seems like Louisville would have received some more sanctions. I guess firing Pitino was good enough for the NCAA.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-19, 08:32

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Also, fuck LSU and Louisville. Both involved in the fbi cheating scandal. Both are missing their head coaches this year. I’m going to assume there was payment going on in the programs. How are these two fucking teams even eligible for the tournament?

Louisville self-imposed a post season ban in 2016 (and the NCAA hit them with more penalties) for all the shady stuff that went down before the FBI investigation.

Pitino made the NCAA Tournament in 2017. Pitino was then fired for all the FBI/Bowen stuff.

Louisville made the NIT with an interim coach in 2018, then hired Mack and made the NCAA this year.

Seems like Louisville would have received some more sanctions. I guess firing Pitino was good enough for the NCAA.

Was this related to the shit that went down previously or for all the money they paid to that recruit that we almost landed? This is why I’m pro cheating the penalties are very light. Sure Louisville had to take down a banner but I don’t think anyone gives a shit. They won.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-19, 08:41

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Was this related to the shit that went down previously or for all the money they paid to that recruit that we almost landed? This is why I’m pro cheating the penalties are very light. Sure Louisville had to take down a banner but I don’t think anyone gives a shit. They won.

The ban was for all the hookers. Other than firing Pitino, I'm pretty sure Louisville has skated on the Bowen payment.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-31, 21:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We ain’t beating duke y’all. the minute we came up on that bracket it was over. Solid year overall

Suspect
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-03-31, 21:06

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We ain’t beating duke y’all. the minute we came up on that bracket it was over. Solid year overall

Suspect
OTPT will enjoy the win and his negativity washes off like water on a duck.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-04-01, 08:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

22% chance of making the FF. That is all.

Says who? Y’all can get all pumped up, but I’ve seen izzo vs duke too many times to get my hopes up. I’ll gladly eat crow if we shock the world but...

How do you like your crow?

Medium rare?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-04-01, 08:42

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Says who? Y’all can get all pumped up, but I’ve seen izzo vs duke too many times to get my hopes up. I’ll gladly eat crow if we shock the world but...

Medium rare?

lol! To be fair no one saw that coming. No Ahrens, Langford and Ward with a broken hand. That was epic shit yesterday.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-04-01, 08:54

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Medium rare?

lol! To be fair no one saw that coming. No Ahrens, Langford and Ward with a broken hand. That was epic shit yesterday.

Look at the bench minutes in the box score. I'd say this is not sustainable, but fuck we only have two more games to go.

GO GREEN!!!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3