Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Absolutely fucked

+21
I.B. Fine
GRR Spartan
By-Tor
Dendrobates
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
tGreenWay
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
DWags
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Robert J Sakimano
Death Roe
duffy munn
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Absolutely fucked - Page 3 Empty Re: Absolutely fucked

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-18, 09:18

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/march-madness-2019-selection-committee-embarrassed-mishandling-michigan-state/gofkvbayix0t1h6eazzfv5mxf
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-18, 09:19

Also - who uses MapQuest in 2019?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-18, 09:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Also - who uses MapQuest in 2019?
I do.

(I actually find MaqQuest to be fairly advanced. I typically just use a map).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-03-18, 09:55

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

They did away with that a couple years ago (the whole geography BS)

They must have brought it back because that's exactly how the committee spokesman explained it.

They didn't place teams by matchups only geography. We got "rewarded" with winning today by getting placed in a bracket slightly closer than the south (the Midwest 2 seed was already taken by Tennessee who was #5 overall).
First of all it's asinine that we didn't leapfrog Tennessee.  That just proves the brackets were all finished Sat night/Sun morning.     Second of all I just laughed at the committee guy selling the whole we wanted to keep MSU in their natural geographic area.   As if DC is so much more natural than Kansas City.     They completely kowtowed to the SEC in putting Tennessee in Louisville and Kentucky in KC.

edit- just looked and Knoxville and Lexington are both closer to DC than East Lansing. Committee prob thought Tenn and Kentucky have better chance of knocking off Duke than MSU. They want to cash in on Zion.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-03-18, 10:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Also - who uses MapQuest in 2019?
I do.

Bob have you ever heard of Google Maps? Try it out.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-18, 10:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I do.

Bob have you ever heard of Google Maps? Try it out.
I use that to look at pictures of places I might be going.. ya know, the street view feature.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-03-18, 10:39

duffy munn wrote:
Death Roe wrote:So MSU was the 8th overall seed?

They don't pay attention after the SEC title game, it's pretty clear. Gotta move the schedule to start the BTT on Tuesday and end on Saturday afternoon.

Just scrap the whole god damn Big ten tournament. Fucking meaningless. I've never gone from so happy to so pissed. Watch Michigan be the highest 2 seed. Fuck this!

I was the same way.  But somehow my son (MSU'16) looked at Duke #1 and immedaiately called it thinking the committee would send MSU to DesMoines in the same region.  His reasoning was NCAA Elite 8 programming.

After my "You Motherfuckers" stopped echoing I could see the logic he used.

Its all about probable matchups that will create the best ratings. The NCAA now getting $1.1B from CBS and its media "partners".  In '06 the NCAA signed a 14 year deal that paid $770M annually and in '16 the NCAA signed a 4 year extension through 2020 that bumped that to the current $1.1B per year.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-03-18, 10:49

By-Tor wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

They must have brought it back because that's exactly how the committee spokesman explained it.

They didn't place teams by matchups only geography. We got "rewarded" with winning today by getting placed in a bracket slightly closer than the south (the Midwest 2 seed was already taken by Tennessee who was #5 overall).
First of all it's asinine that we didn't leapfrog Tennessee.  That just proves the brackets were all finished Sat night/Sun morning.     Second of all I just laughed at the committee guy selling the whole we wanted to keep MSU in their natural geographic area.   As if DC is so much more natural than Kansas City.     They completely kowtowed to the SEC in putting Tennessee in Louisville and Kentucky in KC.

edit- just looked and Knoxville and Lexington are both closer to DC than East Lansing. Committee prob thought Tenn and Kentucky have better chance of knocking off Duke than MSU. They want to cash in on Zion.

Yeah, if distance was an issue, Columbus and Louisville are a lot closer than DesMoines and Washington
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-03-18, 10:51

I don't know GRR. You can't tell me that CBS and the NCAA wouldn't be slobbing on each others dicks for a Kentucky/Duke Elite 8 matchup in the East Region.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-03-18, 11:16

Big picture By-Tor.

UK v Duke would have been a good TV matchup too but they are looking at ratings and story lines for the Regional weekend. That's only 16 games and if MSU is a casualty that weekend to Duke or MSU upsets Duke its a win/win for ratings nationally.

I also think rescheduling the Big Ten Tournament to Tuesday through Saturday is one way the Big Ten can avoid stuff like this. The networks lose their last Sunday games and the lowest teams get to travel and play Tuesday.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-18, 13:58

In the spirit of always looking at the brighter side of life. Possible UofM goes on a run with their very favorable draw. Crossing my fingers that Bradzeikis plays his way into the draft and decides to leave. If he has any interests in going the sooner the better. Matthews is gone as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-18, 14:21

steveschneider wrote:In the spirit of always looking at the brighter side of life. Possible UofM goes on a run with their very favorable draw. Crossing my fingers that Bradzeikis plays his way into the draft and decides to leave. If he has any interests in going the sooner the better. Matthews is gone as well.

Fuck um.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-18, 14:24

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:In the spirit of always looking at the brighter side of life. Possible UofM goes on a run with their very favorable draw. Crossing my fingers that Bradzeikis plays his way into the draft and decides to leave. If he has any interests in going the sooner the better. Matthews is gone as well.

Fuck um.

We owned them 3-0. Can only worry about shit we can control at this point and have to be realistic. We got fucked on our draw and they got a pretty favorable one. I feel like we'd go on a pretty deep run if we had their draw.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-18, 14:27

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Fuck um.

We owned them 3-0. Can only worry about shit we can control at this point and have to be realistic. We got fucked on our draw and they got a pretty favorable one. I feel like we'd go on a pretty deep run if we had their draw.

The only point I was trying to make is this simple one: I don’t want um to win... ever. Not one time. Never. Fuck um.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-03-18, 14:43

If MSU didn’t have any injuries, I would still feel pretty good about a FF bid.

As it stands now, MSU does have the potential to still make a FF. They can play that level. But they have been inconsistent the last few years in the tournament , and just in general this season. I think everyone is beatable in the tourney.
So what do I think will happen? I have no fucking idea.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-18, 15:32

Dendrobates wrote:If MSU didn’t have any injuries, I would still feel pretty good about a FF bid.

As it stands now, MSU does have the potential to still make a FF. They can play that level. But they have been inconsistent the last few years in the tournament , and just in general this season. I think everyone is beatable in the tourney.
agree - seems like a lot of people are buying into the Duke/Zion hype.

of course, they're the favorite to win it and he certainly seems like a once in a decade kind of player. But, folks.. c'mon - with Zion, they lost vs. Gonzaga, they lost at home to Syracuse.. they needed a 3 pointer at the buzzer to beat Florida State.

They beat UVA by 2, Louisville by 2 - these were all games in which Zion played.

so let's just play fucking basketball and see what happens. We have to get the the Elite Eight first.

Do I want us to be healthy and running on all cylinders? Of course - but whining is for UM.. be Spartans and play Spartan basketball.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-18, 15:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:If MSU didn’t have any injuries, I would still feel pretty good about a FF bid.

of course, they're the favorite to win it and he certainly seems like a once in a decade kind of player. But, folks.. c'mon - with Zion, they lost vs. Gonzaga, they lost at home to Syracuse.. they needed a 3 pointer at the buzzer to beat Florida State.

They beat UVA by 2, Louisville by 2 - these were all games in which Zion played.

so let's just play fucking basketball and see what happens. We have to get the the Elite Eight first.

Do I want us to be healthy and running on all cylinders? Of course - but whining is for UM.. be Spartans and play Spartan basketball.

I heard that Zion guy will be a bust anyway.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-03-18, 15:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I for one will run through a wall for this post.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-03-18, 15:55

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Turtleneck’s posting has really fallen off, guys.

His team just went 0-3 against Michigan State in under a month, and he’s feeling blue.
Absolutely fucked - Page 3 S-l16010
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-03-18, 15:58

If anyone has the thick athletic dudes to rein him in it's X and Ward.

We beat them by 15.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-03-18, 16:15

I am stressed about Louisville
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-03-18, 16:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm using the 24 hour rule about our seed and being in Duke's region. I have less than 90 minutes left of being pissed off. At 6pm I will let it go and turn the page.

So leave me alone until 6pm Bob.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-03-18, 16:38

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Did you write it down?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-18, 16:43

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Did you write it down?

Tread lightly.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-03-18, 16:46

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Did you write it down?

Tread lightly.

Does tSwill have security? If so, please don't call them.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-18, 16:48

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Tread lightly.

Does tSwill have security? If so, please don't call them.

You're fine. As long as you don't have a bad temper.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-03-18, 17:26

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm using the 24 hour rule about our seed and being in Duke's region. I have less than 90 minutes left of being pissed off. At 6pm I will let it go and turn the page.

Thank you. Your intense focus on this next game will be of the utmost importance.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-18, 17:47

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The only point I was trying to make is this simple one: I don’t want um to win... ever. Not one time. Never. Fuck um.

This
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-03-18, 17:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Absolutely fucked - Page 3 A7cc08c5-1886-448a-b0ff-40a27467e0af.sized-1000x1000
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-18, 17:52

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Absolutely fucked - Page 3 502811600

I can live with that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-03-18, 17:54

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

#DamnSkippy
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-03-18, 18:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:

#DamnSkippy

The only team in the list to beat Duke with Zion on the floor is Gonzaga. That team is legit and loaded. Let’s make it to Duke first and focus on Bradley. One game at a time!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-03-18, 18:55

aualum06 wrote:I am stressed about Louisville

Ditto. Each game is really tough in their own way.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-20, 15:11

You'd never know it from watching these guys...

[tw]1108443104682655745[/tw]

Wink
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-20, 15:13

Linky no worky, Floyd.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-20, 15:20

tGreenWay wrote:Linky no worky, Floyd.

Works for me on desktop and mobile, so I'm going with user error.

But here's a direct link https://twitter.com/mattcharboneau/status/1108443104682655745
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-03-20, 19:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Linky no worky, Floyd.

But here's a direct link https://twitter.com/mattcharboneau/status/1108443104682655745

Thanks, Floyd. It wasn’t working then, but it is now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-03-20, 19:04

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Thanks, Floyd. It wasn’t working then, but it is now.

You bet Absolutely fucked - Page 3 55953254
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-03-20, 19:08

Those dunks were wiggity wack yo.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-03-20, 19:24

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: #DamnSkippy

The only team in the list to beat Duke with Zion on the floor is Gonzaga. That team is legit and loaded.  Let’s make it to Duke first and focus on Bradley. One game at a time!

Duke lost to Syracuse with Zion.

He played 44 minutes.

But, I agree we need to focus on Bradley. FOCUS OTPT!!!

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next