Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

+32
DWags
NumbersDude
The Pantry
Motown Spartan
Rick Saunders
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
I.B. Fine
GirbaudJeans
InTenSity
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
Dendrobates
CORNER BLITZ
Jake from State Farm
pulling69
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
AvgMSUJoe
SeeRockCity
MSU addict
Senior Dickfist
aualum06
WhiteBoyHatcher
36 posters

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by The Pantry 2020-07-16, 18:08

pulling69 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Looked at that brand. Had good reviews but I don't want cookware made of aluminum.

I hear you, next time I am going with either platinum, titanium, or maybe carbon fiber.
btw...mock if you want but aluminum and I have a history of not getting along.

Little over 25 years ago started developing pain in my left shoulder. Didn't worry about it much because I'm right-handed. Got progressively worse over the next year and a half to the point I couldn't raise my left arm from my side to even 90°. Chiropractor I was seeing was no help...performed excruciatingly painful adjustments, yanking up on my left elbow while it was at my side.

Ran into a naturopathic doctor...long story. He diagnosed my issue in less than a minute without any fancy equipment or tests, free of charge. Said I likely had a benign tumor in the shoulder. Told me to quit using antiperspirants (main ingredient in all antiperspirants is aluminum oxide). It worked. 3-4 months later my left shoulder was pain-free and back to normal operating range. Been using only deodorants ever since and shoulder is still fine. I recommend quitting antiperspirants to all, especially anyone experiencing shoulder pain.

As far as cookware, will never chance aluminum again, coated or not.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-07-20, 09:10

Got away for an extended weekend on the Thornapple river. Hauled the smoker with us. Smoked a pork belly and tri-tip. Fucking excellent. I have yet to have a less than stellar experience smoking meat. Should have let the tri-tip rest a bit longer but screw it, we were hungry.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Img_1510

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Img_1410

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Img_1411
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-07-26, 15:12

Been craving pasty for a couple weeks.  Nearest shop closed up in the past year.  None of the good U.P. pasty shops ship during the summer months.  Uncle Peter's Pasty is a small chain in the area that I had not tried...all their locations are out of the way.  There's a nearby store called Peacocks that carries frozen UPP.  Went to buy some couple years ago but they were charging outrageous prices for 12 ounce pasties (tiny by pasty standards).

Was desperate yesterday so went back to Peacocks, willing to pay anything.  Picked an assortment of beef, lamb, venison, and elk pasties.  Was sorta shocked they were only charging $6 each for them, which is a buck or two less (depending on the meat) than Uncle Peter's charges at their restaurants.  Tried the venison yesterday...pretty good.  Gonna try the lamb and elk later today.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 20200710
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-07-31, 16:00

Hey Floyd.  Srodek's has finally opened.  Didn't go in but went to the restaurant next door.  Got a couple kielbasa...delicious.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 20200711

Irena's Pastry & Bistro

Srodek's
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-08-01, 17:23

Just had the 2nd kielbasa. Might sound weird but swear, the best I've ever had. Gonna be stopping by Srodek's and Irena's often in the future. From what I've learned Srodek's has a beer garden set-up but not open yet due to covid.

There are a couple new strip centers under construction north of Srodek's. No idea what's going in there. I'm hoping for a Starbucks with a drive-thru.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-08-04, 18:02

[ig]CDeJIm6B_tM[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-08-04, 18:17

CORNER BLITZ wrote:[ig]CDeJIm6B_tM[/ig]

I had Flaming Hot Funyuns this past weekend. They were really good, but I also like Funyuns so there is that...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-08-07, 14:17

WBH recommendation for seasoning my first brisket ever that I will be smoking. I’d like a good bark.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-07, 14:55

DWags wrote:WBH recommendation for seasoning my first brisket ever that I will be smoking. I’d like a good bark.

Lots and lots and lots of coarse ground black pepper and kosher salt. Don't be shy with either but at least a 3:1 ratio, probably more like 4:1. You can use a binder if you need to - light coat of mustard, or whatever you have in your fridge.

Grilled wings for lunch. Delicious!

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 50199228058_f289229c48_b
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-08-08, 11:11

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 20200810

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 20200811
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-08-14, 14:48

At Meat getting brisket, loaded fries and fat
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-08-18, 13:27

Trader Joe's siracha roasted garlic BBQ sauce is top notch

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Sriracha-Roasted-Garlic-Sauce/dp/B00RDOCEIC
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-08-20, 14:53

Been a bit since I made a couple loaves The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Img_2053
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-20, 14:58

I made some chicken fried rice today with frozen riced cauliflower from something like this.

https://www.kroger.com/p/birds-eye-steamfresh-veggie-made-chicken-flavored-riced-cauliflower/0001450003152

Added a grilled chicken breast, a couple of eggs, some garlic powder and some white pepper. It was surprisingly good.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-08-20, 20:47

Idk that anything on earth is worth the wait compared to burnt ends.... So good
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-08-28, 15:31

Creekstone Farms has a sale going on.

Sorry Turtleneck.  No tofu or bean curd.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-28, 15:49

roasted garlic rosemary potatoes with sea salt and olive oil on the menu tonight.

I don't really know where that falls along the strata of monosyllabic cavemen grunting back and forth but they're quite tasty and a specialty of mine.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-08-28, 16:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:roasted garlic rosemary potatoes with sea salt and olive oil on the menu tonight.
Make the same with redskin potatoes. Peel a band of skin off around the center, leaving the skin on both ends, and roast whole.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-08-28, 17:15

Plan on smoking kielbasa in Sunday with two Chicago style sausages. Also spatchcock a chicken. Give me temps and time guys.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-08-28, 17:33

DWags wrote:Plan on smoking kielbasa in Sunday with two Chicago style sausages.  Also spatchcock a chicken.   Give me temps and time guys.
Raw kielbasa?

I do chicken hot and fast.  Did these two at 400° in the WSM sans water pan in about 70 minutes.  Pecan is my poultry wood of choice.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 08-31-14

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 08-31-13

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 08-30-12
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-08-28, 17:43

Nice and yes. Raw.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-08-28, 18:32

Always grill raw sausage...never smoked it. I'd keep the smoker no higher than 200 and check with an instant read after 45-60 minutes to see if the internal temp is up to 160, at which point they'd be safe to eat.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-28, 21:05

I like to cook my sausage a little hotter, I like some snap to it. But Pantry is correct, keep an instant read handy and pull when you get to 160ish. You're not going to ruin it if it has enough fat even if you go up close to 200 but 160ish is optimal. And if you cook hotter (~300) they cook fast. Like 25 minutes. Try to avoid over probing because if you have a good amount of fat in there they will start spitting out juices through the casing wherever you probe. I like to probe from the ends where the balloon knot is.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-08-28, 22:41

Why can't I stop shoving food into my pie hole?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-08-28, 22:43

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-08-28, 22:45

Heather what's her name was smokin in that one.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

CORNER BLITZ likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-28, 23:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I like to cook my sausage a little hotter, I like some snap to it. But Pantry is correct, keep an instant read handy and pull when you get to 160ish. You're not going to ruin it if it has enough fat even if you go up close to 200 but 160ish is optimal. And if you cook hotter (~300) they cook fast. Like 25 minutes. Try to avoid over probing because if you have a good amount of fat in there they will start spitting out juices through the casing wherever you probe. I like to probe from the ends where the balloon knot is.

My sausage leaked juices just from reading this.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-08-30, 10:23

Hot dogs at GreenWay's place.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 Hot_do10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-09-01, 18:50

Woman on the BBQ forum is fascinating.  Has a farm in Oklahoma.  Has a food blog and creates amazing dishes in sometimes unconventional ways, sharing pics and step-by-step instructions.  Loves hunting and fishing.  She's like a real life Pioneer Woman.

Even raises her own shrimp.  Who the hell does that?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-01, 19:12

The Pantry wrote:Woman on the BBQ forum is fascinating.  Has a farm in Oklahoma.  Has a food blog and creates amazing dishes in sometimes unconventional ways, sharing pics and step-by-step instructions.  Loves hunting and fishing.  She's like a real life Pioneer Woman.

Even raises her own shrimp.  Who the hell does that?

How cute, pantry has a crush!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-09-02, 15:45

The Pantry wrote:Hey Floyd.  Srodek's has finally opened.  Didn't go in but went to the restaurant next door.  Got a couple kielbasa...delicious.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 20200711

Irena's Pastry & Bistro

Srodek's
Still haven't gone in Srodek's but have hit Irena's a couple times for kielbasa, stuffed cabbage, and beet soup. Great food. Call smell the smoker in the parking lot. Noticed today they sell some great looking breads. Gonna pick up a loaf of sourdough next time.

Highly recommend stopping there if you're in the area.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-09-02, 21:30

Never used the brand - but Bear Mountain BBQ has 20lb pellet bags on sale 2 for $19 with code BOGO.

https://bearmountainbbq.com/collections/frontpage

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-09-11, 13:08

This is literally (#2020) the worst thing I've ever purchased

https://www.amazon.com/3090-Kingsford-Premium-Grill-Lighter/dp/B0056QW29U/

Do not buy unless your wrist is seriously deformed from an incident. My last lighter ran out and this was on sale at Meijer.... In addition to terrible ergonomics, it also sucks as a lighter
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-14, 22:46

The boy has been wanting ribs. They were good. I probably could have let them go for another 30 minutes or so.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 12 50343016748_86d20b50f2_c

Does anyone want to know how many points I need from Derrick Henry to win my matchup?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-09-14, 22:56

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-14, 23:23

I mean they were good, but 15.3/10 is a little bit of an overstatement. I'd say maybe 7.9/10.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-09-14, 23:27

I'm on mobile so can't see it... Was guessing how many points you'd need haha

(But I don't doubt they were top notch either)
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-14, 23:31

CORNER BLITZ wrote:I'm on mobile so can't see it... Was guessing how many points you'd need haha

(But I don't doubt they were top notch either)

😄

I know bro. I was joking.

Basically at this point I need 10 points. TD (10), ppr, point per 10 yards. Going to be really salty if I don't pull this out. Guy I'm against has been railing against me accusing me if being a cheater for 3 years because of a perfectly legal draft day trade we pulled off.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-09-15, 00:40

Great play call. But sigh. I need 6 points. TD would have clinched it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-09-19, 13:16

I'm smoking a prime rib bone in. Any suggestions before I start wouudl be appreciated. 4.6 LBS.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next