Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

+19
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
I.B. Fine
Bill Cain
By-Tor
DWags
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Rocinante
Cameron
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
23 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

Post by steveschneider Sun 15 Sep - 16:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:“This was the sixth time in the past 10 games that Michigan State scored just one offensive touchdown or fewer.”

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 10 502811600 No fire em all if Dantonio won’t

vs WMU is looking like an outlier for our offense.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

Post by Turtleneck Sun 15 Sep - 16:22

Basketball

Last edited by Turtleneck on Sun 15 Sep - 16:51; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 15 Sep - 16:28

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
More lies. Even after I state it plainly and simply. Even after I point out my criticisms of the offensive coaching. Still you lie.

As an afterthought on page 8 of the thread when your repeated criticism of the players was highlighted and not a single criticism of the offensive staff...... after more than three years of ineptness. Sounds authentic and not forced. Rolling Eyes

Whatever you say, dude. Keep trying to build this false narrative about me that you have built up in your head for whatever reason.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun 15 Sep - 17:00

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:“This was the sixth time in the past 10 games that Michigan State scored just one offensive touchdown or fewer.”

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 10 502811600 No fire em all if Dantonio won’t

vs WMU is looking like an outlier for our offense.

Wmu is just dog shit
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun 15 Sep - 18:20

Guys, we shouldn't fight over what looks like a lower tier bowl team. Maybe they'll turn it around. Maybe they won't. I don't know.

Anyway, who wants a hug?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 15 Sep - 18:33

[tw]1173361112928182272[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 15 Sep - 19:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Guys, we shouldn't fight over what looks like a lower tier bowl team. Maybe they'll turn it around. Maybe they won't. I don't know.

Anyway, who wants a hug?

Shut up.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 15 Sep - 19:11

Hi, I'm Nordic and I'm hear for the therapy session. I'm somewhere in-between anger and bargaining on which one of the 1000 cuts is responsible for us ultimately bleeding out.

- All the penalties
- Letting ASU repeatedly kickoff to Simmons without adjusting
- Playing Chinese fire drill on the FG. Ironically, I think that is reason he kicked it with 13s left. If there is an offensive penalty the clock doesn't run out and they can re-kick.
- Not having a TO there because of the shitty use of TOs on the prior D possession
- Not spiking the ball
- Not throwing one in the end zone
- Not getting 5 more yards
- Burning multiple TOs on the 4th down only to ultimately put yourself in the wrong D. They switched from their base D with both safeties in front of the 1st down marker to coming out and dropping everyone back (I assume cover 4 but haven't seen the replay) with safeties past the first down marker.
- The D failing on the final possession again.
- FG kicker
- Dotson/Stewart drops
- Lewerke passes to the flat need some work
- Raequan's hands to the face
- Dem refs
- Butler's stumble. That play came right at me. I might have PTSD from not listing this one higher
- Fucking special teams. They had a real bad day
- OL? I dunno. You tell me. Not something that stood out either way live.
- 4 sacks is nice and all. But I was expecting their QB to playing Devin Gardner 2013. That kid kept his shit together.
- The coaches for all of the above
- ASU players mocking for crowd noise made me angry
- Cody White...39 yards bro?
- What'd I miss??

I'm now going to move into the denial phase and convince myself that this was a meaningless game. Alright... talk to you guys tomorrow.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun 15 Sep - 19:25

Nordic wrote:Hi, I'm Nordic and I'm hear for the therapy session. I'm somewhere in-between anger and bargaining on which one of the 1000 cuts is responsible for us ultimately bleeding out.

- All the penalties
- Letting ASU repeatedly kickoff to Simmons without adjusting
- Playing Chinese fire drill on the FG. Ironically, I think that is reason he kicked it with 13s left. If there is an offensive penalty the clock doesn't run out and they can re-kick.
- Not having a TO there because of the shitty use of TOs on the prior D possession
- Not spiking the ball
- Not throwing one in the end zone
- Not getting 5 more yards
- Burning multiple TOs on the 4th down only to ultimately put yourself in the wrong D. They switched from their base D with both safeties in front of the 1st down marker to coming out and dropping everyone back (I assume cover 4 but haven't seen the replay) with safeties past the first down marker.
- The D failing on the final possession again.
- FG kicker
- Dotson/Stewart drops
- Lewerke passes to the flat need some work
- Raequan's hands to the face
- Dem refs
- Butler's stumble. That play came right at me. I might have PTSD from not listing this one higher
- Fucking special teams. They had a real bad day
- OL? I dunno. You tell me. Not something that stood out either way live.
- 4 sacks is nice and all. But I was expecting their QB to playing Devin Gardner 2013. That kid kept his shit together.
- The coaches for all of the above
- ASU players mocking for crowd noise made me angry
- Cody White...39 yards bro?
- What'd I miss??

I'm now going to move into the denial phase and convince myself that this was a meaningless game. Alright... talk to you guys tomorrow.

Thanks for making me relive all that bullshit. Now I need a hug.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 15 Sep - 22:17

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 10 685334576

It's ok WoP. It was a nonconference game.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 15 Sep - 22:40

I decided to start getting hammered around halftime yesterday when I thought it was likely we would lose. I had a good nap from about 7 until midnight and woke up and bet more on 2nd half of some west coast games. I don't think my wife was impressed.

I'm kinda over it. Jesus the internet is a fucking miserable place. People really enjoy being miserable. It was frustrating but at the end of the day, who cares, and it doesn't really mean shit.

Whatever man, on to Northwestern.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 15 Sep - 22:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I decided to start getting hammered around halftime yesterday when I thought it was likely we would lose. I had a good nap from about 7 until midnight and woke up and bet more on 2nd half of some west coast games. I don't think my wife was impressed.

I'm kinda over it. Jesus the internet is a fucking miserable place. People really enjoy being miserable. It was frustrating but at the end of the day, who cares, and it doesn't really mean shit.

Whatever man, on to Northwestern.

Denial or bargaining. Can't quite tell. Come here big guy...

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 10 685334576
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 15 Sep - 22:51

I don't really think either. I have a firm grasp on what I saw and what I believe. But I don't really care to wade into the swamp at this particular point in time to mix it up. And I'm also truly baffled by some of what we saw. Really weird.

One thing I keep remembering. In '16, when we played I believe it was Maryland...I was up north with some buddies for a golf weekend. The single worst thing I've ever seen out of our staff and CMD was running a fake FG before the half, well within FG range, on like a 4th and 20. It was a running play. At that point I openly questioned whether Coach D had lost it. It was the definition of insanity and had zero chance of working. There were a couple of things yesterday that made me remember that play. Nothing nearly as bad. But. Hmm....
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 15 Sep - 23:33

Re fucking lax.

We’ve forgot who we are. A sleeping giant that would be woke once a decade for a year or two since 1966.

Dantonio took that slumber and shrunk it and kept the tired toddler giant awake for longer periods than one or two years. We’ve been Iowa on steroids under him.

Problem is we’ve become so accustomed to the decent years and the longer sustained periods of success, we tend to get more depressed when a loss like yesterday happens. We scour the boards and internet for signs that confirm our paranoia and depression. (Aualum god bless you over on TOB, but that place is a psych ward). I mean Barnett tweets “this is it or it’s coming” or some shit and it’s five pages of how Dantonio has lost the room.
Fact is unless you’re name is OSU and maybe Wisconsin your 20-30 year record ain’t much better than MSU’s.

We weren’t winning the big ten this year. Playoffs? Come on. This loss took the wind out of a ton of us, but lets be realistic. Stop acting like we blew our playoff spot. Let’s see what kind of teachers we have. Let’s see if we can beat one of the favorites in our conference, let’s see if we can get to 8 or 9 this and next year. Kids grow. Young kids can get rapidly better.

This huge dynasty isn’t crumbling, we never had one. Coach em up

MSU 28
NW. 13.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun 15 Sep - 23:51

DWags wrote:Re fucking lax.

We’ve forgot who we are. A sleeping giant that would be woke once a decade for a year or two since 1966.

Dantonio took that slumber and shrunk it and kept the tired toddler giant awake for longer periods than one or two years. We’ve been Iowa on steroids under him.

Problem is we’ve become so accustomed to the decent years and the longer sustained periods of success, we tend to get more depressed when a loss like yesterday happens. We scour the boards and internet for signs that confirm our paranoia and depression. (Aualum god bless you over on TOB, but that place is a psych ward). I mean Barnett tweets “this is it or it’s coming” or some shit and it’s five pages of how Dantonio has lost the room.
Fact is unless you’re name is OSU and maybe Wisconsin your 20-30 year record ain’t much better than MSU’s.

We weren’t winning the big ten this year. Playoffs? Come on. This loss took the wind out of a ton of us, but lets be realistic. Stop acting like we blew our playoff spot. Let’s see what kind of teachers we have. Let’s see if we can beat one of the favorites in our conference, let’s see if we can get to 8 or 9 this and next year. Kids grow. Young kids can get rapidly better.

MSU 28
NW. 13.

Nobody here is as outraged as you think. Maybe you meant to post that on 247? There hasn’t even been a fire Dantonio thread here.

However, after the school’s investment in Dantonio, and the goodwill he built among fans, it would horrible if this returns to the program he inherited.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 16 Sep - 0:00

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:Re fucking lax.

MSU 28
NW. 13.

Nobody here is as outraged as you think. Maybe you meant to post that on 247? There hasn’t even been a fire Dantonio thread here.

However, after the school’s investment in Dantonio, and the goodwill he built among fans, it would horrible if this returns to the program he inherited.

Being woke once a decade for a year or two?

Yeah.

Paranoia and being depressed are not outrage Turtle. But I like that you try to say they are.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 16 Sep - 0:16

Depressed? Sure. Paranoid? Not like you think they are.

Hell, why don’t you take your own advice? Some of your ramblings were among the most paranoid and depressed posts yesterday. Now you’re above all that telling people to relax? Get the hell out of here with that shit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 16 Sep - 0:20

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 10 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 16 Sep - 0:26

Turtleneck wrote:Depressed? Sure. Paranoid? Not like you think they are.

Hell, why don’t you take your own advice? Some of your ramblings were among the most paranoid and depressed posts yesterday. Now you’re above all that telling people to relax? Get the hell out of here with that shit.

You mad bro?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 16 Sep - 0:36

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Depressed? Sure. Paranoid? Not like you think they are.

You mad bro?

No, but I do think your being an annoying hypocritical boomer.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 16 Sep - 0:38

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

You mad bro?

Relax. It’s not that big of a deal.

Is there a reason you won’t help me name that cat?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 16 Sep - 0:43

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Relax. It’s not that big of a deal.

Is there a reason you won’t help me name that cat?

You’re picking on an inascint cat.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 16 Sep - 0:51

Dear Turtle,

I’m sending you 7 tips to help you stay happy in life

1. Never hate
2. Don’t worry
3. Live simple
4. Expect little
5. Give a lot
6. Always smile
7. Eat a big juicy steak weekly. Medium rare.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 16 Sep - 7:46

The work week has begun and I’m over it. Can’t wait to play NW.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 16 Sep - 7:53

Turtleneck wrote:
DWags wrote:

You mad bro?

You're
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 16 Sep - 7:54

Also, I have to say reading some of the takes that are technical about rushing three or dropping back or spying I have no idea how you guys see this stuff. Every play in football to me looks just about the same and all I see is a bunch of big guys running into each other.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 16 Sep - 7:57

Well now that the pac 12 officials admit they made a mistake I really feel good about the game Saturday.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon 16 Sep - 8:10

steveschneider wrote:The work week has begun and I’m over it. Can’t wait to play NW.

Wish I could say the same thing about the armchair quarterback at work here.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 16 Sep - 8:17

steveschneider wrote:Also, I have to say reading some of the takes that are technical about rushing three or dropping back or spying I have no idea how you guys see this stuff. Every play in football to me looks just about the same and all I see is a bunch of big guys running into each other.

You need to modernize your football watching, steve.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 16 Sep - 8:21

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Also, I have to say reading some of the takes that are technical about rushing three or dropping back or spying I have no idea how you guys see this stuff. Every play in football to me looks just about the same and all I see is a bunch of big guys running into each other.

This. Hit the film room Steve. Do they still call it the film room? Maybe I need to modernize my posting.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 16 Sep - 8:24

DWags wrote:Well now that the pac 12 officials admit they made a mistake I really feel good about the game Saturday.

That crew needs to be broken up and scattered to the four winds.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 16 Sep - 10:04

Cameron wrote:

I just focus on the score board.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 16 Sep - 10:19

steveschneider wrote:The work week has begun and I’m over it. Can’t wait to play NW.

Once you lower your expectations for the program, everything is gravy. afro I didn't get to watch the ASU game, so I'm kinda stoked to see us battle the cats for field position for 3 hours.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 16 Sep - 10:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Once you lower your expectations for the program, everything is gravy. afro I didn't get to watch the ASU game, so I'm kinda stoked to see us battle the cats for field position for 3 hours.

I've watched MSU for decades now. I can handle a let down season. Honestly as long as we beat UofM and ruin their party I'm good with everything else.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 16 Sep - 10:33

steveschneider wrote:
I've watched MSU for decades now. I can handle a let down season. Honestly as long as we beat UofM and ruin their party I'm good with everything else.

The problem is expectations... not necessarily performance or even the ebb and flow of a season.

I had falsely high expectations this year. I trusted in Dantonio and liked what I heard coming out of practices.

Next off season, we ALL need to talk ourselves into expecting a 6 win season... therefore, every win is happy and loss is expected.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 16 Sep - 10:37

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Wish I could say the same thing about the armchair quarterback at work here.

What's he saying?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 16 Sep - 10:38

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The problem is expectations... not necessarily performance or even the ebb and flow of a season.

I had falsely high expectations this year. I trusted in Dantonio and liked what I heard coming out of practices.

Next off season, we ALL need to talk ourselves into expecting a 6 win season... therefore, every win is happy and loss is expected.

If we get to a 7 - 8 season every year and fuck up Michigans shit in EL or A2 that's a great year. Six win seasons will happen, if you can't handle them then there's always a blue blood team with more resources and better recruits and a softer schedule that you can root for.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 16 Sep - 10:51

You can’t say “6 win seasons will happen” anymore in the third of four such seasons, if that were to come to pass steve. It’s no longer a “oops that’ll happen” situation, it’s a “that’s who you are” situation
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 16 Sep - 10:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You can’t say “6 win seasons will happen” anymore in the third of four such seasons, if that were to come to pass steve. It’s no longer a “oops that’ll happen” situation, it’s a “that’s who you are” situation

A six win season is a six win season.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 16 Sep - 10:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You can’t say “6 win seasons will happen” anymore in the third of four such seasons, if that were to come to pass steve. It’s no longer a “oops that’ll happen” situation, it’s a “that’s who you are” situation

Yep.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next