Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

+19
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
I.B. Fine
Bill Cain
By-Tor
DWags
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Rocinante
Cameron
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
23 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-16, 10:59

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You can’t say “6 win seasons will happen” anymore in the third of four such seasons, if that were to come to pass steve. It’s no longer a “oops that’ll happen” situation, it’s a “that’s who you are” situation

Free thinking. I like that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-09-16, 11:01

steveschneider wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

The problem is expectations... not necessarily performance or even the ebb and flow of a season.

I had falsely high expectations this year. I trusted in Dantonio and liked what I heard coming out of practices.

Next off season, we ALL need to talk ourselves into expecting a 6 win season... therefore, every win is happy and loss is expected.

If we get to a 7 - 8 season every year and fuck up Michigans shit in EL or A2 that's a great year. Six win seasons will happen, if you can't handle them then there's always a blue blood team with more resources and better recruits and a softer schedule that you can root for.

Naaa... When Dantonio says O is fixed and championship D, I'm expecting 10+ wins. So far, we are in the 7-8 win territory.

I lived through the 90's, so I am fully aware of when being "bowl eligible" and beating um was a GREAT year. I think Dantonio changed those expectations.

And that's why it sucks more than Bobby's 6th loss of the season... Or JLS smacking himself in the face. Or Perles' next run up the middle (let's hope we win 9-6) and get to .500 season.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-16, 11:19

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

If we get to a 7 - 8 season every year and fuck up Michigans shit in EL or A2 that's a great year. Six win seasons will happen, if you can't handle them then there's always a blue blood team with more resources and better recruits and a softer schedule that you can root for.

Naaa... When Dantonio says O is fixed and championship D, I'm expecting 10+ wins. So far, we are in the 7-8 win territory.

I lived through the 90's, so I am fully aware of when being "bowl eligible" and beating um was a GREAT year. I think Dantonio changed those expectations.

And that's why it sucks more than Bobby's 6th loss of the season... Or JLS smacking himself in the face. Or Perles' next run up the middle (let's hope we win 9-6) and get to .500 season.

Or that JLS field goal debacle in the horse shoe.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-16, 11:22

steveschneider wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You can’t say “6 win seasons will happen” anymore in the third of four such seasons, if that were to come to pass steve. It’s no longer a “oops that’ll happen” situation, it’s a “that’s who you are” situation

A six win season is a six win season.

Back to you in the studio, Jim.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-09-16, 11:31

steveschneider wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

Wish I could say the same thing about the armchair quarterback at work here.

What's he saying?

Just the typical crap about how he could have won the game.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-16, 11:44

Jake from State Farm wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

What's he saying?

Just the typical crap about how he could have won the game.

I think missing in all of this is Herm Edwards is doing a great job. His team and their fans brought it. Every time I saw their fans in the stands they were all up and going. They travel pretty well too.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11