Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

+19
GRR Spartan
Jake from State Farm
I.B. Fine
Bill Cain
By-Tor
DWags
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Rocinante
Cameron
steveschneider
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
23 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-14, 22:07

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Is it 100% of the outcome?

Ok, Nigel. I'd be willing to bet the coaching staff makes close to 100% of the play calls on both sides of the ball. We got the ball back with roughly 5 minutes left. A couple first downs and you probably ice the game. Two runs plays right into the line. 3 and out. So much imagination.... 3rd and 13, rush 3 get your back 8 sucked into coverage 20 yards down field. Nice call coach. The two most crucial set of downs and two bullshit coaching decisions. I'll leave you to split hairs, play the literal game, and make excuses.
Dude, if I comment on one point you make, don't change change what you're saying just to make a different point. You said that because we led most of the stats and still lost, that's 100% on the coaches. That's just very reductive to base that on the stat. Saying it is reductive does not mean that it is the opposite of what you said, so I certainly wasn't saying the coaches have no blame. Just that to say that dominating the stats and losing means it it is on the coaches 100% is just so simplistic, and ignores any context of what actually happened, such as dropped balls on 3rd down, 3 missed field goals, penalties killing drives (and negating a game winning turnover), Butler slipping on a deep ball, etc. None of which is to say that the coaches don't share plenty of blame.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 22:13

Some interesting tweets out there
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-14, 22:16

Ok. Cool. great. I’m sorry. I put the blame for the loss on the coaching staff. Sorry about that. Nothing gets you more tweeked than a criticism of this coaching staff. Sorry.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-14, 22:17

aualum06 wrote:Some interesting tweets out there

Let’s hear it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-09-14, 22:20

Can't read the whole thread, but lots of "suck" to go around.

Officiating sucked.. lots of mistakes on both coaches and players. Kicking game sucked. Felt like I was watching the Red Box Bowl again.

Just a tough game to watch. I'd much rather play well and just lose to a better team. These types of losses suck.

Oh well, Big Ten goals are still all there (yeah, I know).

UK/Florida game getting good. I'm out.

Go Green

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-09-14, 22:21

How do the refs make players drop passes? How do they make the O play calling turtle when it counted most?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-09-14, 22:22

They are who we thought they were.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 22:22

kingstonlake wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Some interesting tweets out there

Let’s hear it.

Don't know how to link but saw these retweeted by MSU writers:

Julian Barnett
@_OfficialJB1
it’s coming
9:20 PM · Sep 14, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

L A ‘ D A R I U S J E F F E R S O N
@LaDariusJ2
Some things aren’t meant to last ????
8:31 PM · Sep 14, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-09-14, 22:39

Oh and kick the ball deep instead of giving up great field position trying to be cute
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-14, 23:52

kingstonlake wrote:Ok. Cool. great. I’m sorry. I put the blame for the loss on the coaching staff. Sorry about that. Nothing gets you more tweeked than a criticism of this coaching staff. Sorry.
You repeatedly lie to make your points, and anyone reading the thread can see it, as I have criticized the coaches several times in this thread. It isn't the first time that you've lied about what I've said and sadly, it probably won't be the last.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-15, 05:55

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Ok. Cool. great. I’m sorry. I put the blame for the loss on the coaching staff. Sorry about that. Nothing gets you more tweeked than a criticism of this coaching staff. Sorry.
You repeatedly lie to make your points, and anyone reading the thread can see it, as I have criticized the coaches several times in this thread. It isn't the first time that you've lied about what I've said and sadly, it probably won't be the last.

Of all the criticisms of the game, be it officiating, players, coaches, etc, you seem irked by a comment that puts 100% of the blame on the coaching staff. Is it literally 100% probably not. But again Nigel, you want to nit pick. Would it make you feel better if I said I put 50% of the blame on the staff? Just the ones who are associated with the offense? Or is that off limits to you? I know criticizing the offense for continued shitty play and holding coaches accountable is a REAL tweeker for you.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-15, 08:00

I’m with you. That drive MSU had before ASUs game winning drive with just under five minutes to go I was like buckle up here comes some Tressel ball. I would have placed big money on the table that we go three and out and punt.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-15, 09:04

steveschneider wrote:

I’m with you. That drive MSU had before ASUs game winning drive with just under five minutes to go I was like buckle up here comes some Tressel ball. I would have placed big money on the table that we go three and out and punt.

There were some really really bonehead calls made last night. Blown timeouts, run/run/pray/punt when trying to seal a victory, rushing a special teams unit out when all you have to do is signal another spike, no pressure on 3rd and 13, drop 8, running heyward for no gain twice on third down and short, and others. For all MD’s preaching on the benefits of continuity in a coaching staff these mistakes can’t and shouldn’t be happening.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-09-15, 09:07

Sometimes it's easier to put most of the blame on 18-22 year old players than coaches making 7 and 6 figure salaries.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-15, 09:15

Turtleneck wrote:Sometimes it's easier to put most of the blame on 18-22 year old players than coaches making 7 and 6 figure salaries.

My biggest concern is that the problem is twofold. You’ve empowered people with identifying talent who aren’t good at coaching it. So basically not only are you a lower level coach, you’re Really bad at identifying decent talent
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-15, 10:29

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Of all the criticisms of the game, be it officiating, players, coaches, etc, you seem irked by a comment that puts 100% of the blame on the coaching staff. Is it literally 100% probably not. But again Nigel, you want to nit pick. Would it make you feel better if I said I put 50% of the blame on the staff? Just the ones who are associated with the offense? Or is that off limits to you? I know criticizing the offense for continued shitty play and holding coaches accountable is a REAL tweeker for you.
You really don't know what reductive means, do you?

But keep up with your lies, if that's the only way you can make a point.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-15, 10:40

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I'm well aware of what reductive means. I think its interesting you have spent most of the thread focusing on technicalities and literal interpretations to, I don't know, attempt to prove a poster wrong. Do you have any thoughts on the coaching staff and why it was an utter failure yesterday?

Or is focusing on literals and technicalities a coping mechanism? Miami, this offensive coaching staff sucks balls currently. But please, lets argue percentages. Because internet scoreboards are serious business.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-15, 10:44

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

There were some really really bonehead calls made last night. Blown timeouts, run/run/pray/punt when trying to seal a victory, rushing a special teams unit out when all you have to do is signal another spike, no pressure on 3rd and 13, drop 8, running heyward for no gain twice on third down and short, and others. For all MD’s preaching on the benefits of continuity in a coaching staff these mistakes can’t and shouldn’t be happening.

On the flip side I give Herm Edwards a lot of credit for the job he’s doing at ASU. Defense is tough and hard hitting and his offense came up huge when it mattered the most yesterday.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-15, 10:48

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

On the flip side I give Herm Edwards a lot of credit for the job he’s doing at ASU. Defense is tough and hard hitting and his offense came up huge when it mattered the most yesterday.

Really like him. His post game comments were very measured and forward focused. He's a good coach.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-15, 10:51

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Really like him. His post game comments were very measured and forward focused. He's a good coach.

Yeah. He seems to have that program moving up and I liked him at the Jets.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-15, 11:08

Ironic that some boneheaded coaching might have cost Coach D his record breaking win.

But there is more to it than just dumb coaching. You can't miss those FGs, you can't commit those penalties.

I won't blame the defensive play call on 4th and 13. Dropping 8 was the right call imo. You don't blitz him, we did that in the first half and he was finding his first read. And he still gets out of the pocket with an extra rusher or two. The problem was that whoever was supposed to be spying (my guess is Simmons but need to rewatch) did not do their job on that play.

Biggest dumb headed thing from the staff is rushing Heyward on 4th and 1. I think Heyward can be an effective weapon on offense, but certainly not as a short yardage back. We know he lacks vision, and he doesn't really play through contact. That was dumb.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-15, 11:12

Reading stuff. Comp seems to think it was Michael Dowell on the 4th and 13 that was supposed to spy.

Why was he on the field in that circumstance? He's like our 5th LB.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-15, 11:20

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Reading stuff. Comp seems to think it was Michael Dowell on the 4th and 13 that was supposed to spy.

Why was he on the field in that circumstance? He's like our 5th LB.

Thought I heard MD say in his presser that the D Line on a three man rush was supposed to keep him contained in the box. Thought that was odd. Seems like a lot of responsibility for 3 guys being blocked by at least 5 guys and still try to get pressure.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-15, 11:26

Read the 3-2-1. Good read.

https://michiganstate.rivals.com/news/dotcomp-grow-up-and-move-on
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-15, 11:45

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I'm well aware of what reductive means. I think its interesting you have spent most of the thread focusing on technicalities and literal interpretations to, I don't know, attempt to prove a poster wrong. Do you have any thoughts on the coaching staff and why it was an utter failure yesterday?

Or is focusing on literals and technicalities a coping mechanism? Miami, this offensive coaching staff sucks balls currently. But please, lets argue percentages. Because internet scoreboards are serious business.
If you know what reductive means, then why on earth do you respond to my calling one of your posts reductive, as if I had disagreed completely with you? Why can't you comprehend, despite numerous posts explaining it, that I was just saying that to suggest that winning the stats while losing the game means that it is all the coaches is simplistic? But instead, you take that, and then repeatedly lie (also despite numerous explanations to the contrary) that I think the coaches are blameless, and turn it into some big thing. I'm not talking about technicalities and percentages. You are making shit up, attributing it to me, and then arguing against that. And you're going to say that I'M trying to score message board points? At least I am responding to things that you've actually said.

And then you ask me about my views? Try reading the thread, eh? I've said plenty in here since the game. Not that it matters what I actually say, since you just lie about what I say in your responses anyway.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-15, 12:30

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

If you know what reductive means, then why on earth do you respond to my calling one of your posts reductive, as if I had disagreed completely with you? Why can't you comprehend, despite numerous posts explaining it, that I was just saying that to suggest that winning the stats while losing the game means that it is all the coaches is simplistic? But instead, you take that, and then repeatedly lie (also despite numerous explanations to the contrary) that I think the coaches are blameless, and turn it into some big thing. I'm not talking about technicalities and percentages. You are making shit up, attributing it to me, and then arguing against that. And you're going to say that I'M trying to score message board points? At least I am responding to things that you've actually said.

And then you ask me about my views? Try reading the thread, eh? I've said plenty in here since the game. Not that it matters what I actually say, since you just lie about what I say in your responses anyway.

You said me blaming the coaching staff was reductive, I made a post that supported my point that it was on the coaching staff (the two dumbass runs into the line with 5 minutes left), that yes maybe it is that simple and breaks down to that one point. That yes, it was on the coaching staff. You have cited numerous examples of players making mistakes in multiple posts. Yet your criticism of the coaching staff was one play (drop 8 rush three). And when i suggested spiking the ball on 2nd down when the play clock was running down (which you couldn't figure out was an option) your response to my criticism of the staff on blowing that play was....."perhaps" it was an option. Wow, stinging criticism there. LOL. You haven't lodged a single criticism of the offensive coaching staff once in this thread (at least to the best of my knowledge). 7 fucking points and all you want to talk about is how the players had penalties, drops, bad play, etc. You're an apologist for this staff and you know the offense is a wreck but for some reason keep making excuses. But I'm sure its not a trend, lol. You're perfectly willing to watch this thing burn to the ground. That's cool I guess, it's your prerogative. Would you like to have further discussion on the definition of "reductive"? If it helps you cope, I'm here.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-15, 12:42

Lol what are you gonna do to prevent it from burning to the ground? Post on a message board harsh words from your couch?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-15, 12:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Lol what are you gonna do to prevent it from burning to the ground? Post on a message board harsh words from your couch?

Absolutely nothing. Same thing as SCum and their coach........
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-15, 13:00

Can’t wait to watch MSU kick all those nerds ass next week. I hope the team is pissed off and understands that yesterday was completely unacceptable.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-15, 13:01

There are some emotionally hurt Spartans right now. I get it. I guess I’m just at the age where I’m bummed at what I saw, tired of woah is me stuff and just hope we get more guys like infantry Spartan.

Everything else we just don’t have a say in. I get the venting.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-15, 14:10

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

You said me blaming the coaching staff was reductive, I made a post that supported my point that it was on the coaching staff (the two dumbass runs into the line with 5 minutes left), that yes maybe it is that simple and breaks down to that one point. That yes, it was on the coaching staff. You have cited numerous examples of players making mistakes in multiple posts. Yet your criticism of the coaching staff was one play (drop 8 rush three). And when i suggested spiking the ball on 2nd down when the play clock was running down (which you couldn't figure out was an option) your response to my criticism of the staff on blowing that play was....."perhaps" it was an option. Wow, stinging criticism there. LOL. You haven't lodged a single criticism of the offensive coaching staff once in this thread (at least to the best of my knowledge). 7 fucking points and all you want to talk about is how the players had penalties, drops, bad play, etc. You're an apologist for this staff and you know the offense is a wreck but for some reason keep making excuses. But I'm sure its not a trend, lol. You're perfectly willing to watch this thing burn to the ground. That's cool I guess, it's your prerogative. Would you like to have further discussion on the definition of "reductive"? If it helps you cope, I'm here.
Here you go again, lying your ass off. I did not say that blaming the coaches was reductive. I said that saying that the coaches were to blame based on the fact that we won the stats and lost the game, as you claimed, is reductive. It is reductive to look at stats and make a judgement. I've explained this multiple times. Blame the coaches all the way if that's what you saw. It is just silly to say that the stat discrepancy shows that without any context. But instead, you choose to lie about what I said. You're creating an argument based on shit you're making up in your head. I would say that you misinterpreted it, except that I've explained what I was referring to several times, so at this point you are clearly lying to make a point, which you have a habit of.

I didn't know that I needed to do a full specific breakdown of everything that I didn't like from the coaches in order to appease a message board liar. But if it is going to make you happy...delay of game on 1st down, delay of game on FG, timeout on 1st down, Heyward on 2nd and 14, Heyward on 4th and 1, indecision on last FG. Now, please refer to that when you are prepping your next set of kies about my posts.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-15, 14:42

What happened guys i was off the grid. We suck again?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-15, 14:42

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Here you go again, lying your ass off. I did not say that blaming the coaches was reductive. I said that saying that the coaches were to blame based on the fact that we won the stats and lost the game, as you claimed, is reductive. It is reductive to look at stats and make a judgement. I've explained this multiple times. Blame the coaches all the way if that's what you saw. It is just silly to say that the stat discrepancy shows that without any context. But instead, you choose to lie about what I said. You're creating an argument based on shit you're making up in your head. I would say that you misinterpreted it, except that I've explained what I was referring to several times, so at this point you are clearly lying to make a point, which you have a habit of.

I didn't know that I needed to do a full specific breakdown of everything that I didn't like from the coaches in order to appease a message board liar. But if it is going to make you happy...delay of game on 1st down, delay of game on FG, timeout on 1st down, Heyward on 2nd and 14, Heyward on 4th and 1, indecision on last FG. Now, please refer to that when you are prepping your next set of kies about my posts.

Lol, you love playing word semantics, don't you? I can find a bunch of ways to blame the coaches. Dominating offensively statistically, putting up 7 pts, and losing, is an example of one. You think I just came up with that one after the ASU game? It's been over three damn years. If you're truly that stupid to think that's the only reason to lay blame on a coaching staff and thus define it at reductive, then so be. As usual nothing triggers you more than a legitimate criticism of the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball. You can't help yourself. You'll find every way to Sunday to not agree with it. I'm sorry you are going to die on that hill. Being stubborn about it is just plain stupid. Sorry for all the football talk. Should we get back to splitting hairs about the definition of reductive so we don't have to talk about a failed offense and the people that coach it?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-15, 14:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What happened guys i was off the grid. We suck again?

Just one one side of the ball.

Again.

But its not a trend. Razz
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-15, 14:49

kingstonlake wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What happened guys i was off the grid. We suck again?

Again.

We had a good run. Hope coach d leaves gracefully if that’s possible at this point. Make a bowl game.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-09-15, 15:07

“This was the sixth time in the past 10 games that Michigan State scored just one offensive touchdown or fewer.”

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 9 502811600 No fire em all if Dantonio won’t
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-09-15, 15:09

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Lol, you love playing word semantics, don't you? I can find a bunch of ways to blame the coaches. Dominating offensively statistically, putting up 7 pts, and losing, is an example of one. You think I just came up with that one after the ASU game? It's been over three damn years. If you're truly that stupid to think that's the only reason to lay blame on a coaching staff and thus define it at reductive, then so be. As usual nothing triggers you more than a legitimate criticism of the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball. You can't help yourself. You'll find every way to Sunday to not agree with it. I'm sorry you are going to die on that hill. Being stubborn about it is just plain stupid. Sorry for all the football talk. Should we get back to splitting hairs about the definition of reductive so we don't have to talk about a failed offense and the people that coach it?
More lies. Even after I state it plainly and simply. Even after I point out my criticisms of the offensive coaching. Still you lie.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-15, 15:31

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

More lies. Even after I state it plainly and simply. Even after I point out my criticisms of the offensive coaching. Still you lie.

As an afterthought on page 8 of the thread when your repeated criticism of the players was highlighted and not a single criticism of the offensive staff...... after more than three years of ineptness. Sounds authentic and not forced. Rolling Eyes
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-09-15, 15:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Again.

We had a good run. Hope coach d leaves gracefully if that’s possible at this point. Make a bowl game.

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:“This was the sixth time in the past 10 games that Michigan State scored just one offensive touchdown or fewer.”

tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 9 502811600 No fire em all if Dantonio won’t

I don't know man, seems we're trending that way. tOfficial I Hate the Fucking Sun Devils Game Thread - Page 9 2599972566
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-09-15, 16:10

1 to 10 what was the melt down level for this one? I'm giving it an 8. I think losing to Notre Dame that one year where the team collapsed was an 11.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next