Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - The Political Side

+24
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Three_Putt_Par
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
MattyFresh
msugolfguy
GRR Spartan
InTenSity
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
28 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-26, 11:28

kingstonlake wrote:I fully support anyone who wants to try bleach transfusions or super heat treatments like cremation ovens on the advice of the president. Just sayin.
I told my wife that if the knuckledraggin' racists wanna kill themselves with bleach, at least they're just taking themselves out. It's when they transmit the virus as they march at the Capitol because they wanna plant seeds is when it becomes problematic.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 24 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-04-26, 12:09

Appears Trump is going full Palin blaming “Lamestream Media” for asking questions on his actions and suggestions then manufacturing “Fake News” about his answers or lack of answers.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-26, 13:46

GRR Spartan wrote:Appears Trump is going full Palin blaming “Lamestream Media” for asking questions on his actions and suggestions then manufacturing “Fake News” about his answers or lack of answers.
heck, between windmills cause cancer, nuking hurricanes, a virus magically goes away in April, injecting people with disinfectant, etc..  even the mainstream media can't cover his stupidity.

At least he has Dr. Scarf giving it a try.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-26, 16:56

When you start losing big business as a leader, you're fooked.

[tw]1254425136830308354[/tw]

But witch doctor sums it up.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-26, 17:18

Floyd Robertson wrote:When you start losing big business as a leader, you're fooked.

[tw]1254425136830308354[/tw]

But witch doctor sums it up.
Hillary warned us.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-27, 07:25

https://twitter.com/yaboy_adam/status/1254416104417562625?s=21

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-27, 09:16

260,000 Words, Full of Self-Praise, From Trump on the Virus

I have watched maybe 5-7 of these briefings, nothing much lately, but the following isn't shocking at all.

The New York Times analyzed every word Mr. Trump spoke at his White House briefings and other presidential remarks on the virus — more than 260,000 words — from March 9, when the outbreak began leading to widespread disruptions in daily life, through mid-April. The transcripts show striking patterns and repetitions in the messages he has conveyed, revealing a display of presidential hubris and self-pity unlike anything historians say they have seen before.

By far the most recurring utterances from Mr. Trump in the briefings are self-congratulations, roughly 600 of them, which are often predicated on exaggerations and falsehoods. He does credit others (more than 360 times) for their work, but he also blames others (more than 110 times) for inadequacies in the state and federal response.

Mr. Trump’s attempts to display empathy or appeal to national unity (about 160 instances) amount to only a quarter of the number of times he complimented himself or a top member of his team.

Its interesting that Trump didn't take questions from the media over the weekend. About the same time that the NYT published an article about many among the Republican establishment finally being worried that Trump's briefings could lead to losing the WH and Senate this fall.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-27, 09:37

I can't believe we elected a guy that would tell people to inject disinfectants during a major global pandemic.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-27, 09:46

steveschneider wrote:I can't believe we elected a guy that would tell people to inject disinfectants during a major global pandemic.
Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 24 Donald-Trump-40-625x302
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-27, 10:03

so two weeks ago, a bunch of patriots marched with their Confederate flag, swastikas and assault rifles demanding to be able to buy seeds and get their hair frosted.

last week, their christian hero wanted to inject people with bleach.

what will this week hold?? any guesses?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-04-27, 11:03

Maybe we can try small Atom bombs inside the body.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-27, 11:15

NigelUno wrote:Maybe we can try small Atom bombs inside the body.
not exactly a crazy idea by racist, bigoted christian sexual predator standards.

remember, he's the same guy who suggested that we launch a nuclear attack on a hurricane.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-27, 11:21

Why don't we just shrink humans and send them in using microscopic submarines and kill the virus with lasers?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-27, 11:48

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Why don't we just shrink humans and send them in using microscopic submarines and kill the virus with lasers?
he should run that by Dr. Scarf.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-04-27, 11:49

I bet Elon Musk could help build those microscopic submarines.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-27, 11:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so two weeks ago, a bunch of patriots marched with their Confederate flag, swastikas and assault rifles demanding to be able to buy seeds and get their hair frosted.

last week, their christian hero wanted to inject people with bleach.

what will this week hold?? any guesses?

Well, he has to do something to get the attention away from the bleach/disinfectant story, and the fact that he is backing down from doing the press conferences. Does he do another briefing and come out all guns blazing against the democrats, media, etc.? Or does he suggest that they're "considering" some ultra extreme policy that he won't actually go through with, as is often his M.O.?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-27, 12:18

Set an appointment with my Doctor. Gonna see if I can get a prescription for some very strong ultraviolet rays in Polynesia. I have very powerful insurance.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-27, 12:18

No Coronavirus update today. LOL.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-27, 12:22

kingstonlake wrote:Set an appointment with my Doctor. Gonna see if I can get a prescription for some very strong ultraviolet rays in Polynesia. I have very powerful insurance.

Last Thursday the FBI raided a doctors clinic (Dr. Mok) not four miles from me for doing vitamin C infusions claiming it was a cure for covid. Make sure your UV doctor is reputable.

It turns out that Dr. Mok and his wife are swingers and hang out the local Chili's in search of other swappers.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-27, 12:24

Floyd Robertson wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Set an appointment with my Doctor. Gonna see if I can get a prescription for some very strong ultraviolet rays in Polynesia. I have very powerful insurance.

Last Thursday the FBI raided a doctors clinic (Dr. Mok) not four miles from me for doing vitamin C infusions claiming it was a cure for covid. Make sure your UV doctor is reputable.

It turns out that Dr. Mok and his wife are swingers and hang out the local Chili's in search of other swappers.

He said don’t exceed SPF 10. You really want those UVs baking in.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-27, 14:46

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A leader of the ReOpen NC group revealed in a Facebook post that she tested positive for COVID-19.

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 24 502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-27, 15:33

Has Trump done anything really fucking stupid today? I haven't been checking.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-27, 15:38

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Saw that listed as the cure on some of the signs at one or two of the rallies on TV. Apparently that's a thing among the conspiracy nuts.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-27, 18:04

Well I guess we are having a briefing now. Primarily focused on cool slides.

Big talk. Unveiling plans and procedures on testing and managing a pandemic.......

Four months after we’ve had one.

No Fauchi.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-27, 18:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Has Trump done anything really fucking stupid today? I haven't been checking.

Breathing. He should quit doing that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-27, 19:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Has Trump done anything really fucking stupid today? I haven't been checking.

Apparently I didn't give him enough time. It's like I made a rookie mistake.

[tw]1254893704650936326[/tw]

No super PAC is going to use that in an anti-Trump ad, nosiree.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-28, 05:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Apparently I didn't give him enough time. It's like I made a rookie mistake.

[tw]1254893704650936326[/tw]

No super PAC is going to use that in an anti-Trump ad, nosiree.
Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 24 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 24 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-28, 08:42

per this mainstream media article (yeah, I know), the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator was warned about the virus at least a dozen times during security briefings.

U.S. intelligence agencies issued warnings about the novel coronavirus in more than a dozen classified briefings prepared for President Trump in January and February, months during which he continued to play down the threat, according to current and former U.S. officials.

if only it wasn't a hoax..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-28, 09:33

Interesting tidbit yesterday that Trump seeming acknowledged, probably unintentionally, that it wasn't part of some hard line anti-coronavirus stance to put travel restrictions on China.

"I was very fortunate, whether it was through luck or whatever, that we closed the border. We put a ban on China other than our citizens coming in. We had our citizens, you can’t keep out American citizens."

Hmmm, it was always pretty obvious, especially since he took no other measures, that he just used the virus as an excuse to make a political play against China, even though he has been claiming for 2 months that he was Barney Badass against this virus and shut down travel from China against popular opinion because he was taking it so seriously. Now he's saying it was luck? As if it wasn't his intention to reduce the travel because of the virus?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-04-28, 09:38

MiamiSpartan wrote:Interesting tidbit yesterday that Trump seeming acknowledged, probably unintentionally, that it wasn't part of some hard line anti-coronavirus stance to put travel restrictions on China.

"I was very fortunate, whether it was through luck or whatever, that we closed the border. We put a ban on China other than our citizens coming in. We had our citizens, you can’t keep out American citizens."

Hmmm, it was always pretty obvious, especially since he took no other measures, that he just used the virus as an excuse to make a political play against China, even though he has been claiming for 2 months that he was Barney Badass against this virus and shut down travel from China against popular opinion because he was taking it so seriously. Now he's saying it was luck? As if it wasn't his intention to reduce the travel because of the virus?

What exactly was lucky about closing the borders back then other than a "look I did something" talking point? We're lapping the rest of the world in confirmed COVID cases outside of maybe China. No fucking way are their numbers legit.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-28, 09:44

MiamiSpartan wrote:Interesting tidbit yesterday that Trump seeming acknowledged, probably unintentionally, that it wasn't part of some hard line anti-coronavirus stance to put travel restrictions on China.

Exactly. The idea that he had some strategy to save American lives from a flu that he said was a big nothing burger is ridiculous. It was a petulant power play towards China. All you have to do is look at his half ass initial travel ban on hand picked European nations for proof.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-28, 11:03

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

What exactly was lucky about closing the borders back then other than a "look I did something" talking point? We're lapping the rest of the world in confirmed COVID cases outside of maybe China. No fucking way are their numbers legit.

Well, it is lucky because, though it wasn't about slowing the spread, it likely helped somewhat and could have been much worse. 10-20x more travelers since the ban would mean more infected travelers, meaning more spread and more deaths.

Also, yes, he is lucky he has something that he can pretend that he did early on.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-28, 12:44

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator mocks first responders.. refuses to provide them with life-saving equipment, technology and PPE..

but he'll send a silly military flyover to honor their work. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 24 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 24 502811600

(CNN) - A formation of US Navy Blue Angels and US Air Force Thunderbirds will honor first responders on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic by flying over New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-04-28, 21:22

Come on Bob, you know Trump.

He’s going to Jared to get things done.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-29, 08:29

more Americans have now died from the hoax than the entirety of the Vietnam War.

but it'll go away in April when it warms up.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-29, 08:32

Having a conversation with my first responder nephew, hoax believer. He’s tells us at our bi-annual hunting and fishing trips that the opioid epidemic is real where he lives in Ohio. Out of control. I asked him how 47,000 opioid overdose fatalities in all of 2018 is an epidemic and 56,000 covid deaths in two months is media bullshit. According to him the CDC is inflating the numbers and classifying everything as a covid death. Asked him why the Trump administration and his appointees at HHS and CDC are in a deep state operation to bring down the economy and the trump administration. Asked him to objectively look the lunacy of his theory. Asked him if I come in contact with and opioid addict what are the chances that I catch Opioid-19?

America is indeed a stupid country.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-04-29, 10:10

Politico: Here’s How to Cover Uninsured Americans During the Pandemic

So here's Bernie's proposal for health coverage during the pandemic. Granted, it's no "more tests and PPE now out of nowhere," but it makes a lot of sense.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-29, 10:32

the mainstream media says the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator can blame the pandemic on....

you guessed it..

Joe Biden. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 24 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 24 502811600

Trump can blame the pandemic preparedness failure on Biden — and rightly so.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-04-29, 13:17

See arguments like that is how joe gets in the weeds with trump and gets dragged down. He needs a strong fast rebuttals to it even though it’s ridiculous.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-29, 15:51

Florida ordered coroners to stop releasing coronavirus death data: report.

the pro-life Gov. of Florida isn't gonna be happy about this..

oh. wait. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 24 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next