Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place

+22
Rocinante
Cameron
Senior Dickfist
steveschneider
Death Roe
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Dendrobates
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
Motown Spartan
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place Empty tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 11:01 am

Last night I heard this long, medium-pitched, steady sound. At first, I thought it might be a neighbor’s aging A/C compressor. But then, I listened to it again, and I thought it might be a bug. And then, I thought maybe it was a spring peeper. But now, I wonder if it was an owl. I hope it comes back tonight so I can update this post.

The sound is back again tonight. All but certain it’s not an owl. Tonight it sounds more like a large insect, and there’s at least two of them. I can’t recall ever hearing this sound before, and definitely not this early in the year. It’s possible it could be frogs. Do peepers make short individual chirps or one long chirp that lasts several seconds? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Last edited by tGreenWay on Sat May 02, 2020 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place Empty Re: tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat May 02, 2020 11:38 am

I submitted some questions on the Trivia Crack app this morning. That, and stretching. That's what I have accomplished over the past 3 hours. Unless you count my toilet time.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place Empty Re: tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat May 02, 2020 11:51 am

Going to play fifa on Xbox
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat May 02, 2020 12:06 pm

tWife has gotten into baking during the lockdown. Not doing any favors for the summer bod.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat May 02, 2020 12:15 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:tWife has gotten into baking during the lockdown. Not doing any favors for the summer bod.
Mine, being a nurse, gets that free McDonald's deal right now. How do these kids not get sick of nuggets?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat May 02, 2020 12:29 pm

I ran the dishwasher this morning and forgot a glass in my bedroom. I don't know how to deal with this.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat May 02, 2020 1:37 pm

I moved a refrigerator at our cabin this morning. It was an old fridge, one that we replaced last year. It was moved from one garage that is about to be torn down, into the new garage.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat May 02, 2020 1:41 pm

There’s was a dead mouse in the toilet at the cabin when I got there this morning.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat May 02, 2020 2:17 pm

I ate 3lbs of apples the other day

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat May 02, 2020 2:36 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:I ate 3lbs of apples the other day

How much did you shit?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat May 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Nothing out the ordinary - still got enough TP
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat May 02, 2020 3:17 pm

I noticed my arm hair has turned salt and pepper and that I also have age spots on on my arm. I usually don't look at my arm and study it this long. But I'm sitting on my deck today. I've gotten fatter.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat May 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Sold two bikes this weekend. Bought one new one. Everyone is happy with the current bike situation. Time for a bike ride.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 4:55 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Nothing out the ordinary - still got enough TP

You should’ve used the toilet in Motown’s cabin. It’s completely mouse-free.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat May 02, 2020 7:03 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:Nothing out the ordinary - still got enough TP
You should’ve used the toilet in Motown’s cabin. It’s completely mouse-free.

It is now.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat May 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Moved a pile of wood today. It’s still a pile of wood but it’s in a different place
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat May 02, 2020 7:37 pm

Went to a different Publix today, just to spice things up. Not for major shopping, just to get a quick thing. First store I've been inside other than the Publix by house since this began. The different layout, different workers, and somewhat different demographic was kind of exciting.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat May 02, 2020 7:40 pm

What did you get?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat May 02, 2020 8:06 pm

My daughter made her first ever basket on a 10 ft rim today. It was pretty cool. Still, if the shortened rec basketball season taught me anything, it's that she's bound for cheerleading.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat May 02, 2020 8:11 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:I moved a refrigerator at our cabin this morning. It was an old fridge, one that we replaced last year. It was moved from one garage that is about to be torn down, into the new garage.

Where does a Yooper have a cabin?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 8:14 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:You should’ve used the toilet in Motown’s cabin. It’s completely mouse-free.

It is now.

I wouldn’t have recommended it if I thought there were still mice inside. It’s bad enough worrying about sewer snakes, rats, alligators, and C.H.U.D. coming through the toilet. I wouldn’t want anyone to worry about getting their saggy balls nibbled on, too.

It’s possible I’m projecting my own fears.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat May 02, 2020 8:18 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:I moved a refrigerator at our cabin this morning. It was an old fridge, one that we replaced last year. It was moved from one garage that is about to be torn down, into the new garage.

The U.P.

A whole bunch of us do. They are usually in the woods, on a river, or on a lake. Ours is on AuTrain Lake on one side and on AuTrain River on the other side. It’s the quintessential Up North lake cabin. We call them camps. We swim, fish, kayak, pontoon, drink, bonfires, etc.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 8:20 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I ran the dishwasher this morning and forgot a glass in my bedroom. I don't know how to deal with this.

This would have briefly driven me bonkers. Same for a stray article of clothing that I missed and missed making it to the wash with other things, or a random basket of trash I forgot to empty the night before the garbage is picked up. I figure I’ve got just a little slice of OCD in me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 8:22 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

The U.P.

A whole bunch of us do. They are usually in the woods, on a river, or on a lake. Ours is on AuTrain Lake on one side and on AuTrain River on the other side. It’s the quintessential Up North lake cabin. We call them camps. We swim, fish, kayak, pontoon, drink, bonfires, etc.

This is the proof we need to link you to the Huron Mountain Club. Where is goodbar when we need him to kick some Yooper ass?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat May 02, 2020 8:23 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

The U.P.

Exactly. The entire UP is a cabin tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place 502811600

Sounds nice. One of these days we will have a cabin somewhere (I hope).
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat May 02, 2020 8:25 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

The U.P.

This is the proof we need to link you to the Huron Mountain Club. Where is goodbar when we need him to kick some Yooper ass?

I’ve never denied any connection to the HMC.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 8:28 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place 1550444538 tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place 4198636888
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat May 02, 2020 8:29 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

The U.P.

Exactly. The entire UP is a cabin tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place 502811600

If it’s in da UP ya gotta call it camp.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat May 02, 2020 8:31 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place 1550444538 tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place 4198636888

We were camping NEAR the HMC last summer and within an hour of getting there we saw a parrot that someone had as a pet and a drunk guy walking a goat on a leash. Gotta love Big Bay.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat May 02, 2020 8:41 pm

Spent the evening with my husband

Sincerely,

Mrs. Greenway

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat May 02, 2020 8:47 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

I’m a terrible Michigander. I went to the UP for the first time ever last summer.
And now I have eastern part of the UP in my territory. Although that will be uneventful and rarely visited, even without corona/lock downs
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 9:00 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

We were camping NEAR the HMC last summer and within an hour of getting there we saw a parrot that someone had as a pet and a drunk guy walking a goat on a leash. Gotta love Big Bay.

I’ve always wanted a goat/goats. Time to start planting the idea in Mrs. GreenWay’s mind that we should retire to Big Bay.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat May 02, 2020 9:00 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Spent the evening with my husband

Sincerely,

Mrs. Greenway

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place 2809484752

And she got really bored after the first 90 seconds. tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place 3557613862
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat May 02, 2020 9:11 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I’m a terrible Michigander. I went to the UP for the first time ever last summer.
And now I have eastern part of the UP in my territory. Although that will be uneventful and rarely visited, even without corona/lock downs

The Eastern U.P. is a strange strange strange place. It’s hard to describe but it’s like when they shut down the State mental hospital in Newberry, they all just left and took up residence in the area. It’s like the Florida of the UP.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat May 02, 2020 9:17 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

This is true. Our cottage on Portage Lake was always called the camp.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat May 02, 2020 11:54 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

The U.P.

Wait, they're USUALLY in the woods, on a river, or on a lake? What else is there in the UP for the exceptions?

In high school of my good buddies' cousin had a cabin--sorry, camp--outside Munising near Chriatmas. Just in the woods, no significant water on the property. Totally rustic, just one room, with a wood stove in the middle and a couple of chairs. Drove up there the day after HS graduation and had a blast...or at least we drank so much that it seemed like a blast.

Lake Superior in May is still the coldest water I've ever been in in my life. Can't even begin to imagine falling through a frozen pond/lake.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun May 03, 2020 6:51 am

Motown Spartan wrote:Sold two bikes this weekend. Bought one new one. Everyone is happy with the current bike situation. Time for a bike ride.  
what did you buy?

Got in one of the first good rides of the season yesterday on my Specialized. Getting back out again here in a bit. Might take the Trek.

I also have an old skool Bianchi.. circa '85 or so.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun May 03, 2020 8:18 am

Busted out this yesterday...
tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place 158500270_vintage-1973-schwinn-twinn-deluxe-tandem-bicycle-bike-
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun May 03, 2020 8:43 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:Sold two bikes this weekend. Bought one new one. Everyone is happy with the current bike situation. Time for a bike ride.  
what did you buy?

Got in one of the first good rides of the season yesterday on my Specialized. Getting back out again here in a bit. Might take the Trek.

We bought a used Fuji Addy 1.1 for my daughter after selling her Specialized RipRock. She grows so damned fast we’re not going to buy her a new new bike every year.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sun May 03, 2020 10:22 am

Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
what did you buy?

We bought a used Fuji Addy 1.1 for my daughter after selling her Specialized RipRock. She grows so damned fast we’re not going to buy her a new new bike every year.
Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
what did you buy?

Bought my granddaughter a Frozen bike. I also had something non-interesting to post but I forgot what the heck it was.

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place Frozen10
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next