Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place

+22
Rocinante
Cameron
Senior Dickfist
steveschneider
Death Roe
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Dendrobates
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
CORNER BLITZ
Motown Spartan
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place

Post by Death Roe 2020-05-03, 10:46

-started 2 podcasts
-replaced the door on my shed
-replaced my washer and dryer
-sold my old washer and dryer
-currently working on a broken printer
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place - Page 2 Empty Re: tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-05-03, 10:56

Death Roe wrote:-started 2 podcasts
-replaced the door on my shed
-replaced my washer and dryer
-sold my old washer and dryer
-currently working on a broken printer

Slow down there overachiever.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-03, 11:01

You want an uninteresting story? I have one for you...

The other day I was driving down the road, stopped a four way intersection and then when I had the right away I turned left. Drove carefully over two speed bumps, got to another stop sign turned right and then waited at a traffic light to turn left. I did all those maneuvers while socially distancing to protect our health care workers. The end.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-05-03, 11:09

Death Roe, I think we live in the same area. I have a downed tree that needs to be cut up. Want to add to your least interesting story...lol...
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-05-03, 11:11

steveschneider wrote:You want an uninteresting story? I have one for you...

The other day I was driving down the road, stopped a four way intersection and then when I had the right away I turned left. Drove carefully over two speed bumps, got to another stop sign turned right and then waited at a traffic light to turn left. I did all those maneuvers while socially distancing to protect our health care workers. The end.

In your fucking Prius. Inb4 pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-03, 11:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:You want an uninteresting story? I have one for you...

In your fucking Prius. Inb4 pantry

Hell yeah. I was using the electric battery to roll over those speed bumps. tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place - Page 2 3493939353 tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place - Page 2 3493939353
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-03, 11:36

I have been thinking about trying my hand at baking. I have some bananas for banana bread, and I'm not sure if they're ready for the show, or if I've let them get too old and mushy. But I don't feel like it today, so they're going at least one more day.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-05-03, 12:10

Cameron wrote:I have been thinking about trying my hand at baking. I have some bananas for banana bread, and I'm not sure if they're ready for the show, or if I've let them get too old and mushy. But I don't feel like it today, so they're going at least one more day.

Put them in the freezer and they’ll be ready tomorrow or any other day after that.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-03, 12:15

Cameron wrote:I have been thinking about trying my hand at baking. I have some bananas for banana bread, and I'm not sure if they're ready for the show, or if I've let them get too old and mushy. But I don't feel like it today, so they're going at least one more day.

Should have wrapped tinfoil at round their stems.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-03, 13:15

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place - Page 2 20200510
Too brown?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-03, 13:28

Make the banana bread bruh.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-03, 13:30

The check engine light in my pickup came on and my cruise control stopped working. I am not convinced these two things are not related.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-05-03, 13:32

Those bananas look perfect for banana bread
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-05-03, 13:34

My kid was great yesterday. we were outside all day, she ran around a lot, didn't pee/poop once in her underwear, we did a bonfire, no tantrums, etc.

Today, it's even nicer and I'm ready to kill her. Constant tantrums, peed through several times, and just being a major lady. I hate kids.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-03, 14:10

Major lady. Heh.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-05-03, 14:10

Ours isn’t even in pull-ups yet Dendro so you’re doing fine.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-05-03, 14:45

Rocinante wrote:Major lady. Heh.

I'm going to leave my post as is. But how the fuck did bitch autocorrect into lady. Stupid fucking phone

She's going to be 3 in July, and we figured since we're both home to really go for it. I do not want to have 2 in diapers.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-05-03, 14:53

Dendrobates wrote:My kid was great yesterday. we were outside all day, she ran around a lot, didn't pee/poop once in her underwear, we did a bonfire, no tantrums, etc.

Today, it's even nicer and I'm ready to kill her. Constant tantrums, peed through several times, and just being a major lady. I hate kids.

You know, at my age I’m pretty happy when I don’t pee and poop in my underwear too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-05-03, 17:21

Dendrobates wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Major lady.  Heh.

I'm going to leave my post as is. But how the fuck did bitch autocorrect into lady. Stupid fucking phone

She's going to be 3 in July, and we figured since we're both home to really go for it. I do not want to have 2 in diapers.

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place - Page 2 1494614055 Did you maybe refer to your daughter as CLINT? Because that gets filtered...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-05-04, 14:19

Filled up my vehicle on March 16 and reset the trip odometer. Driven less than 45 miles since then.

Went out today for only the 5th-6th time since this started. Saw a dead pheasant on Rochester Road.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-05-04, 15:29

The Pantry wrote:Filled up my vehicle on March 16 and reset the trip odometer. Driven less than 45 miles since then.

Went out today for only the 5th-6th time since this started. Saw a dead pheasant on Rochester Road.

I find this quite interesting. I remember when seeing a pheasant wasn't uncommon. Then, they were gone. None to be seen. Now, you've seen a dead pheasant. I supposes that's a step in the right direction?
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-05-04, 15:32

Senior Dickfist wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Filled up my vehicle on March 16 and reset the trip odometer.  Driven less than 45 miles since then.

Went out today for only the 5th-6th time since this started.  Saw a dead pheasant on Rochester Road.

I find this quite interesting.  I remember when seeing a pheasant wasn't uncommon. Then, they were gone.  None to be seen.  Now, you've seen a dead pheasant.  I supposes that's a step in the right direction?

I saw a live one a couple of weeks ago. Don't tell me it's now dead.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-05-04, 15:39

Senior Dickfist wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Filled up my vehicle on March 16 and reset the trip odometer. Driven less than 45 miles since then.

I find this quite interesting. I remember when seeing a pheasant wasn't uncommon. Then, they were gone. None to be seen. Now, you've seen a dead pheasant. I supposes that's a step in the right direction?
Was on a part of Rochester that is 3-lane boulevard with businesses lining both sides of the road and nothing but subdivisions behind them. Seemed a bit odd.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-05-04, 15:45

I saw a peregrine falcon attack a crow today while I was out walking.  The crow flew to a tree and stayed there - a wise move as the falcon has a decided advantage in the air.  

I know falcons eat other birds, but it surprised me as the crow was larger than the falcon.  Google seems to indicate that falcons just pretty much hate crows and are know to attack them.  Maybe falcons are kind of the bad police officers of the bird world.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-05-04, 15:56

Last week I came around the side of the house from the front towards the back and got startled by a big commotion in the tree/bush adjacent to my sliding door, which I was basically right next to. Something went airborne and when I adjusted and was able to see it was some kind of bird, a hawk I guess, with another bird in its grasp. It flew off into a neighbor's tree with another smaller bird circling it. Kind of weird to see.

The #birdz are taking over.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-05-04, 16:36

I saw for the first time ever, a dead beaver. I was on Romeo plank, and saw it there. It must have come from the Clinton river. It’s a big deal as it shows the population has really rebounded.

When we moved back to Michigan in 2011, we saw a beaver at metro beach and thought we were seeing things. The next day there was an article saying beavers were spotted for the first time there in 100 years.
At least something good is happening.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-05-04, 16:46

Dendrobates wrote:

I saw for the first time ever, a dead beaver. I was on Romeo plank, and saw it there. It must have come from the Clinton river. It’s a big deal as it shows the population has really rebounded.

When we moved back to Michigan in 2011, we saw a beaver at metro beach and thought we were seeing things. The next day there was an article saying beavers were spotted for the first time there in 100 years.
Always great to see beaver.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-04, 16:56

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Last week I came around the side of the house from the front towards the back and got startled by a big commotion in the tree/bush adjacent to my sliding door, which I was basically right next to. Something went airborne and when I adjusted and was able to see it was some kind of bird, a hawk I guess, with another bird in its grasp. It flew off into a neighbor's tree with another smaller bird circling it. Kind of weird to see.

The #birdz are taking over.

Bird/Murder Hornet 2020
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-05-04, 18:47

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Always great to see beaver.

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place - Page 2 502811600

Such a simple joke, so much laughter. Yes, I'm a nearly 60 year-old juvenile.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-05-04, 18:49

Floyd Robertson wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Always great to see beaver.

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place - Page 2 502811600

But you’re our nearly 60 year-old juvenile.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-05-04, 18:54

Floyd Robertson wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Always great to see beaver.

60+ and getting slower by the day. Gotta go for that low hanging fruit. Excellent set-up by Dendro tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place - Page 2 1486952199
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-05-04, 19:08

Motown Spartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

But you’re our nearly 60 year-old juvenile.

It's nice to have an internet home.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-05-04, 19:13

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

60+ and getting slower by the day. Gotta go for that low hanging fruit. Excellent set-up by Dendro tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place - Page 2 1486952199

tOfficial Swill Least interesting stories since the stay at home order was put in place - Page 2 2175295500
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-05-05, 15:42

I got a new truck yesterday. So there’s that.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-05, 15:54

my wife wants to teach me how to use Hulu/YouTube/Netflix type of stuff.

I don't see this working out.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-05-05, 16:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:my wife wants to teach me how to use Hulu/YouTube/Netflix type of stuff.

Got to say a Bob, it’s pretty fucking easy.
Hardest part is knowing which remote and finding input and/or home button.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-05, 17:02

Dendrobates wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:my wife wants to teach me how to use Hulu/YouTube/Netflix type of stuff.

Got to say a Bob, it’s pretty fucking easy.
Hardest part is knowing which remote and finding input and/or home button.
I believe you.

I'm on the deck right now drinking bourbon and getting prepared for it.

I've been cleaning gutters, raking flower beds and blending in compost today.. I don't insist that she learns about that.

I know my limitations. We haven't been together for 30+ years for nothing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-05-05, 17:04

I miss my lunch girlfriend, who works at my "Cheers". Obviously, I can't see her since restaurants/bars are closed. It's been so long, I even think my wife would like to see her.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-05-05, 17:36

Motown Spartan wrote:I got a new truck yesterday. So there’s that.
What did you get and what did you trade in?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-05-05, 17:40

The Pantry wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:I got a new truck yesterday. So there’s that.
What did you get and what did you trade in?
Got a 2019 F150 and traded in a 2015 F150.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next