Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob Dylan

+27
GRR Spartan
The Ingenious Gentleman
Herbie Green
By-Tor
tTy
SpartanInNH
Nordic
Triple Sparty
The Pantry
Bill Cain
xsanguine
MasonGuy
Rocinante
Jethro Bodeen
DWags
Cosmo_Kramer
Chitown_Badger
ROtown Sparty
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
CheesySpartan
Blanch32
I.B. Fine
Danny Tanner
Dr. Strangelove
steveschneider
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bob Dylan - Page 3 Empty Re: Bob Dylan

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-07, 07:30

LooseGoose wrote:Here’s That Rainy Day When Bob Dylan sang Frank Sinatra

Until he started recording standards from the Great American Songbook in 2015, Bob Dylan wasn’t usually brought up in conversations involving Frank Sinatra, the suave crooner known as “The Voice.” After all, Dylan’s own singing voice was once compared with the sound a cow makes when its leg is caught in a fence. Dylan and Sinatra’s music seemed worlds apart. Sinatra’s sound was clean, scored by the best orchestral arrangers; Dylan’s was dirty, with rough guitar playing, piercing harmonica, and a willingness to let mistakes go unchanged. Sinatra’s enormous recorded canon drew heavily on the Great American Songbook, which he helped formalize; the lodestar of our popular music, it defined public taste before being overthrown by rock and pop. Dylan, the rock era’s champion songwriter, mostly sang his own compositions, with words that broke from George Gershwin, Cole Porter, or anybody else who’d ever written American songs.

Saw him play recently and he did a few Tony Bennett, Sinatra numbers as well as Autumn Leaves. I never thought I’d say this but he’s a pretty good crooner and those performances sat well in his set among a lot of his classics.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-01-08, 15:36

I have this reoccurring intrusive thought of "what do you think bob dylan is doing right now? like, exactly right now." It happens mostly in the morning so I usually picture he's just sitting at a kitchen table, eating a piece of toast and drinking orange juice or something. just looking at the clock and whatnot, pondering on what he's going to do with his day. then it goes away and I go on about whatever it was I was doing.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-08, 15:39

goodbar wrote:I have this reoccurring intrusive thought of "what do you think bob dylan is doing right now? like, exactly right now." It happens mostly in the morning so I usually picture he's just sitting at a kitchen table, eating a piece of toast and drinking orange juice or something. just looking at the clock and whatnot, pondering on what he's going to do with his day. then it goes away and I go on about whatever it was I was doing.

I wonder how many harmonicas he owns. Like 50? Do you need that many? Maybe it's only like 3. The mind boggles.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2018-01-08, 15:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
goodbar wrote:I have this reoccurring intrusive thought of "what do you think bob dylan is doing right now? like, exactly right now." It happens mostly in the morning so I usually picture he's just sitting at a kitchen table, eating a piece of toast and drinking orange juice or something. just looking at the clock and whatnot, pondering on what he's going to do with his day. then it goes away and I go on about whatever it was I was doing.

I wonder how many harmonicas he owns. Like 50? Do you need that many? Maybe it's only like 3. The mind boggles.

He's prolly like, "enough with the goddamn harmonicas for my birthday. i know i know, bob dylan oooo! I'll get him a harmonica! hey! knock that shit off, I have enough to last 50 lifetimes! can I get a triangle or one of those egg shaker things with the rice or whatever's inside'em? just once maybe?!?!? fuck!"
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-01-08, 16:46

Do you ever think of him right after your first cup of coffee has moved things along and you need the girls to clear out of the bathroom because it's dad's time now? Like, maybe Bob Dylan is going through the exact same morning routine and you and he are bonded in the brotherhood of a shared pooping experience?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3