Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What toppings make your perfect hamburger?

+20
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
DWags
MattyFresh
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
WhiteBoyHatcher
MSU addict
Rocinante
pulling69
Tim Wakefield
aualum06
kingstonlake
Probably CF
Dendrobates
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What toppings make your perfect hamburger? Empty What toppings make your perfect hamburger?

Post by tGreenWay Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 20:13

Sautéed mushrooms and onions, still dripping. Fresh red onion, thick enough to crunch when you bite in (yes, two types of onion). A quality cheddar cheese, fully melted and dripping down the sides. Ripe tomato. Bacon, not overcooked. Couple of slices of kosher dills, if I’m in the mood. Fresh onion buns cooked in butter on the stove to the point it’s both buttery crunchy and still soft in places so you get some gooey butter flavor, too.

That’s it. That’s my perfect hamburger/heart attack special. No red or yellow condiments necessary. There’s already lots of flavor to bring the magic together.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

What toppings make your perfect hamburger? Empty Re: What toppings make your perfect hamburger?

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 20:25

I'm an olive burger fan. (Didn't know that's a mid Michigan thing...)

I don't need bacon or sauteed anything.

Like an egg... Prefer over hard to avoid the mess.

Best burger is a home grilled, little garlic salt... turned once with fresh ripe tomato from your garden. Standard onion, pickle... Condiments.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

What toppings make your perfect hamburger? Empty Re: What toppings make your perfect hamburger?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 20:26

Pepperjack
Onion
Lettuce
Jalapenos
Ketchup+Mayo

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 20:51; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 20:27

I like mine with lettuce, lots of tomato, no cheese (I know, I’m weird), avocado, and mayo. That’s my perfect burger.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 20:34

Sliced pickled turnip with Vegannaise on ancient grain flatbread.
— Turtleneck
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Probably CF Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 20:41

Cheese and motherfuckin ketchup. Also I’m high.
Probably CF
Probably CF
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 20:47

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'm an olive burger fan. (Didn't know that's a mid Michigan thing...)

Best burger is a home grilled, little garlic salt... turned once with fresh ripe tomato from your garden. Standard onion, pickle... Condiments.

Nailed it. Gotta have olives.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 20:53

kingstonlake wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'm an olive burger fan. (Didn't know that's a mid Michigan thing...)

I didn't know you were a heathen
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 21:25

Probably CF wrote:Cheese and motherfuckin ketchup. Also I’m high.

What toppings make your perfect hamburger? 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 21:26

kingstonlake wrote:

You don’t have any street cred here, crouton boy. What toppings make your perfect hamburger? 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 21:31

Lettuce
Pickle
Onion
Cheddar
Spicy ranch
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 21:41

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

You don’t have any street cred here, crouton boy. What toppings make your perfect hamburger? 2809484752

You like Soggy bacon. Blue....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 21:50

You guys can't read good and the OP can't even follow his own topic. OP said "perfect hamburger" and a bunch of you are making cheeseburgers. Shame on you all.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 21:55

Salad
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 21:59

I am pretty spartan in my burger approach, often just burger and bun.  Sometimes I add cheese (swiss or cheddar) occasionally ketchup.  I do like the bun buttered and grilled to kick it up a notch.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 22:03

Mayo
Ranch
Sour Cream
Large curd cottage cheese
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 22:05

Quality ground beef. 80/20 or thereabouts. Lettuce, onion, pickle, cheddar, ketchup, mustard. Down the hatch.

Tomato makes the top half slide off the bottom half. No good.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu 30 Jul 2020 - 22:18

Brioche bun
80/20
Bacon
Cheddar
Bbq sauce
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 1:43

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Brioche bun
80/20
Bacon
Cheddar
Bbq sauce

good work, american What toppings make your perfect hamburger? 969504605
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 6:57

This thread is horrific. You don’t put items in-between two buns and call them “toppings”. They’re stuffings.

OP failed miserably again. What toppings make your perfect hamburger? 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 7:17

kingstonlake wrote:This thread is horrific. You don’t put items in-between two buns and call them “toppings”. They’re stuffings.

OP failed miserably again. What toppings make your perfect hamburger? 2809484752

You sir, are a northern Michigan man.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 7:21

Dendrobates wrote:I like mine with lettuce, lots of tomato, no cheese (I know, I’m weird), avocado, and mayo. That’s my perfect burger.

I'm with you except throw in Swiss cheese and red onion, and sometimes a Hungarian pepper. On an onion roll. No stupid plain hamburger buns.

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 7:28; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 7:27

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:This thread is horrific. You don’t put items in-between two buns and call them “toppings”. They’re stuffings.

You sir, are a northern Michigan man.

Go wildcats!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 7:35

Ketchup is for kids. Fucking gross.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 7:59

fried egg, thousand island dressing, a slice of fudge, Cool Ranch Doritos, a drizzle of bacon grease.

5'5",
372 lbs
52X30
BP = my eyeballs pulsate
HR = tachycardia
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 8:14

Lettuce, Pickles, onions, thin tomato, Mustard catchup cheese. Like, me my burger is basic and boring. you will never be thrilled by it or me, but you're rarely disappointed or shocked by either one of us. So, there's that. You know what you're getting. and will walk away with a really forgettable encounter, but full and in need of a nap.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 8:26

The Pantry wrote:Ketchup is for kids. Fucking gross.

#teamPantry
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 8:42

Dendrobates wrote:I like mine with lettuce, lots of tomato, no cheese (I know, I’m weird), avocado, and mayo. That’s my perfect burger.

Mayo has no business anywhere near a burger. Shame on you.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 8:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Quality ground beef. 80/20 or thereabouts. Lettuce, onion, pickle, cheddar, ketchup, mustard. Down the hatch.

Lock it
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 8:50

duffy munn wrote:

Mayo has no business anywhere near a burger. Shame on you.

What toppings make your perfect hamburger? 502811600 I will eat it with ketchup, but I love me some mayo.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 8:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I'm with you except throw in Swiss cheese and red onion, and sometimes a Hungarian pepper. On an onion roll. No stupid plain hamburger buns.

I hate cheese on burgers. I will eat one with an onion, but it's not a must for me. I'm indifferent on buns.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 8:59

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Quality ground beef. 80/20 or thereabouts. Lettuce, onion, pickle, cheddar, ketchup, mustard. Down the hatch.

You know to prevent that you turn the burger upside down and eat it that way.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 9:42

The Pantry wrote:Ketchup is for kids. Fucking gross.

So is the word toppings in regards to food. I bet GreenWay says "helpers" when he needs assistance moving anything over 10lbs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 10:00

The Pantry wrote:Ketchup is for kids.  Fucking gross.
Everybody wants to be Dirty Harry.  

Good ketchup has an very complex flavor profile.  You might not like the taste but based on your postings you should be able to appreciate that fact.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 10:18

MSU addict wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Ketchup is for kids.  Fucking gross.
Everybody wants to be Dirty Harry.  

Good ketchup has an very complex flavor profile.  You might not like the taste but based on your postings you should be able to appreciate that fact.

Hillary likes catsup.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 10:31

Cabot sharp white cheddar, crisp peppered bacon, tomato, lettuce with a dollop of mayo on a brioche bun.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 10:39

DWags wrote:Lettuce, Pickles, onions, thin tomato, Mustard catchup cheese. Like, me my burger is basic and boring. you will never be thrilled by it or me, but you're rarely disappointed or shocked by either one of us. So, there's that. You know what you're getting. and will walk away with a really forgettable encounter, but full and in need of a nap.

Basic is dependable. You'll always know what you're getting. When I go out to eat (closing in on 6 months since that happened) I'll sometimes get a black & blue burger if it's on the menu, or an Olive burger at PB.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 10:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:Lettuce, Pickles, onions, thin tomato, Mustard catchup cheese. Like, me my burger is basic and boring. you will never be thrilled by it or me, but you're rarely disappointed or shocked by either one of us. So, there's that. You know what you're getting. and will walk away with a really forgettable encounter, but full and in need of a nap.

Basic is dependable. You'll always know what you're getting. When I go out to eat (closing in on 6 months since that happened) I'll sometimes get a black & blue burger if it's on the menu, or an Olive burger at PB.

Basic is no way to go through life.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 10:54

Stuffings? This ain’t thanksgiving, croutons for brains. Exactly what are you stuffing, aside from your face? You don’t. You place the different foods on top of one another. Toppings.
Don’t be jelly of this awesome thread. What toppings make your perfect hamburger? 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 11:05

tGreenWay wrote:

Stuffings? This ain’t thanksgiving, croutons for brains. Exactly what are you stuffing, aside from your face? You don’t. You place the different foods on top of one another. Toppings.
Don’t be jelly of this awesome thread. What toppings make your perfect hamburger? 2809484752

There is only one true topping to a burger. It is called a bun. Probably the same thing you do with your hair. tGreenway has done turrable things in this thread.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next