Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just more blue wall crap.

+19
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
Probably CF
GRR Spartan
PennSpartan
Trapper Gus
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
Bill Cain
tGreenWay
Motown Spartan
CORNER BLITZ
NigelUno
steveschneider
kingstonlake
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
DWags
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Just more blue wall crap.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Just more blue wall crap.

Post by NigelUno 2021-12-10, 13:17

DWags wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
Perhaps in Michigan it creates damage.  But I can tell you looking from the outside nobody else cares.  Penn State fans don’t think Michigan is getting better coverage than MSU.  Most fans care about their own school and that’s it.  As I mentioned in another thread, Penn State gets all the press in this state, but no one says there is a blue wall.  I think the issue is more about insecurity.  Every Spartan fan knows Walker won the awards, but for some reason need to read it in the Freep for some sort of self gratification.  It’s odd.  The best way to get media attention is to ignore them.  They need the business and will respond accordingly.

Now compare Anderson coverage who was directly connected to football and basketball with Nassar coverage who had nothing to do with it. We lost untold millions in income. Including African countries who pulled their programs with us.

If we just don’t call it journalism I’m good with it. I get PR stuff. Just call it what it is. Less aggravating.

I don’t read a line of words by these jokers about either school. But let’s not pretend it doesn’t effect bottom lines. It does. So, if we’re all good with it, then let ‘em be.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how the name "Yost" is still on the ice rink.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-10, 13:32

DWags wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
Perhaps in Michigan it creates damage.  But I can tell you looking from the outside nobody else cares.  Penn State fans don’t think Michigan is getting better coverage than MSU.  Most fans care about their own school and that’s it.  As I mentioned in another thread, Penn State gets all the press in this state, but no one says there is a blue wall.  I think the issue is more about insecurity.  Every Spartan fan knows Walker won the awards, but for some reason need to read it in the Freep for some sort of self gratification.  It’s odd.  The best way to get media attention is to ignore them.  They need the business and will respond accordingly.

Now compare Anderson coverage who was directly connected to football and basketball with Nassar coverage who had nothing to do with it. We lost untold millions in income. Including African countries who pulled their programs with us.

If we just don’t call it journalism I’m good with it. I get PR stuff. Just call it what it is. Less aggravating.

I don’t read a line of words by these jokers about either school. But let’s not pretend it doesn’t effect bottom lines. It does. So, if we’re all good with it, then let ‘em be.
MSU got everything they deserved with regard to the Nassar disaster. It was an absolute clusterfuck. Comparing crimes is pointless. There are people in this country who get more time for shoplifting than others do for murder. Our legal system sucks.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-12-10, 13:42

PennSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

MSU got everything they deserved with regard to the Nassar disaster. It was an absolute clusterfuck. Comparing crimes is pointless. There are people in this country who get more time for shoplifting than others do for murder. Our legal system sucks.

Dantonio and Izzo got way more than they deserved and you bet your ass I’ll compare that. 100% of the time.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn, AvgMSUJoe and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-10, 13:48

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Some of us do, ignore it that is.

I have a routine of news reading that mostly avoids the Blue Wall, M-Live, a WEB site for what once were the Booth Newspaper chain in Michigan, which includes the former Bay City Times & Ann Arbor News, is the one Blue Wall site I look at every morning.  Today on my feed they had a UofM article about the third one down, in the middle of the page, with a picture of him celebrating a play, about how the DE would likely be the number one pick of the draft, which is basically delusion given that he isn't the best DE in the nation by far, and way down at the bottom left-hand side of their WEB page the Keith Walker article, which starts out "Keith Walker wasn't a Heisman Finalist ..." and then goes on the report on his awards in a backhanded sort of way...

I ignore these, too, as if I want to read about sports, I go elsewhere, this site and others.  The issue is, as other point out, this blatant favoring of UofM hurts MSU in public perception.  I have family members, cousins, who really haven't got a clue about the strengths and weaknesses of each school, to the point that, one of their children, who wanted to study Physics, was accepted at MSU in the top Physics program in the US, with an internship offered, and at UofM.  They were all negative about MSU and excited about UofM.  That is the damage the Blue Wall creates.

Pretty much what DWags said.  It might be mostly in Michigan but this shit is hurting MSU's bottom line in a number of ways, and people in Washington DC read it too.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-10, 16:00

DWags wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Dantonio and Izzo got way more than they deserved and you bet your ass I’ll compare that. 100% of the time.
I don’t even know what that means.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-10, 16:01

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Pretty much what DWags said.  It might be mostly in Michigan but this shit is hurting MSU's bottom line in a number of ways, and people in Washington DC read it too.
The Detroit media is that powerful? Interesting. I’ve never even seen a copy sold outside of Michigan.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Probably CF 2021-12-10, 16:29

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

The Detroit media is that powerful? Interesting. I’ve never even seen a copy sold outside of Michigan.
I know we’re all oldhead Spartans here but sold… physical copies… of a newspaper?…
Probably CF
Probably CF
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-10, 16:49

Probably CF wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
I know we’re all oldhead Spartans here but sold… physical copies… of a newspaper?…
The NY Times is in my grocery store every day. So are a number of others. But do you really think anyone outside of Michigan reads the online Free Press or Detroit news unless they have some connection to Michigan?? I can tell you in my area I’ve never heard anyone even mention those papers.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-12-10, 16:51

Sign me up for not really caring about the Detroit papers. It’s all just fucking noise to do what exactly the MSU fanbase falls for
Geronte
Geronte

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-10, 17:00

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

To quote a movie ... ideas are unstoppable.

Within Michigan it matters because of the incorrect perception that UofM is academically better than MSU for undergraduate degrees.

Outside of Michigan it is the movers and shakers who matter. They see the title 9 stuff, hidden on Michigan's part and in full force at MSU.

Reality, well there are some that deal with that ...
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Probably CF 2021-12-10, 17:07

PennSpartan wrote:
Probably CF wrote:
The NY Times is in my grocery store every day. So are a number of others. But do you really think anyone outside of Michigan reads the online Free Press or Detroit news unless they have some connection to Michigan?? I can tell you in my area I’ve never heard anyone even mention those papers.
I’m just saying “never seen a copy sold” outside the state is like asking where the internet is located.
Probably CF
Probably CF
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-10, 17:12

Probably CF wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:
I’m just saying “never seen a copy sold” outside the state is like asking where the internet is located.
It was meant to include all forms of media.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-10, 17:14

PennSpartan wrote:I don’t get it. Everyone complains about the Blue Wall. But everyone reads the Blue Wall. Just ignore it. Just more blue wall crap.  - Page 2 2599972566

Maybe we’ll just ignore you, you sonavabitch! Just more blue wall crap.  - Page 2 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-10, 17:17

tGreenWay wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:I don’t get it.  Everyone complains about the Blue Wall.  But everyone reads the Blue Wall.  Just ignore it.  Just more blue wall crap.  - Page 2 2599972566

Maybe we’ll just ignore you, you sonavabitch! Just more blue wall crap.  - Page 2 1494614055

To come back from Penn's side - most of the world doesn't see what we see in Michigan.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-10, 17:36

Trapper Gus wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

To come back from Penn's side - most of the world doesn't see what we see in Michigan.
I’m not offended, Trapper. I just see too much victim mentality in Spartan fans. Look at a game thread on the RCMB sometime. They claim:
- the refs hate MSU
- the announcers hate MSU
- the media hates MSU
- the Big Ten hates MSU
- the Networks hate MSU
It’s really over the top in my opinion.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-10, 17:48

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I’m not offended, Trapper.  I just see too much victim mentality in Spartan fans.  Look at a game thread on the RCMB sometime.  They claim:
- the refs hate MSU
- the announcers hate MSU
- the media hates MSU
- the Big Ten hates MSU
- the Networks hate MSU
It’s really over the top in my opinion.

This issue is MSU v Michigan

And the press.

You don't see it, being removed from the action

I had a Band Director, in high school, who, a graduate of Michigan, was ecstatic when the UofM band dropped their rain gear at the MSU/UofM game and marched in the rain in uniform in the early 1970's

The UofM MB has better arrangements. MSU has better marching.

But people see what they see.

The issue is, at the people who make a difference to MSU level, they take note of these things.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-10, 17:55

DWags wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

This is the part I don’t understand. I’ll read Solari because he’s a friend, ans even if I don’t read his work, I’ll click it open so he gets credit. We all know newspapers push clicks. We all know it, though I didn’t actually get direct confirmation until a couple of years ago when another friend at a different paper said he was getting pressure for page views. So if the suits at the top want reporters getting more clicks, why the hell isn’t the freep and News doing a much better job servicing the other major University in the state? It makes no business sense at all. Commit the money to feeding the other half of your audience what it wants to read, recover the investment with views, then enjoy the ride up in profits and circulation. Instead, we get what we have now, and since it sucks so bad, even I ignore almost all of it, and I’m a MSUJRN grad.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-10, 18:06

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

This is the part I don’t understand. I’ll read Solari because he’s a friend, ans even if I don’t read his work, I’ll click it open so he gets credit. We all know newspapers push clicks. We all know it, though I didn’t actually get direct confirmation until a couple of years ago when another friend at a different paper said he was getting pressure for page views. So if the suits at the top want reporters getting more clicks, why the hell isn’t the freep and News doing a much better job servicing the other major University in the state? It makes no business sense at all. Commit the money to feeding the other half of your audience what it wants to read, recover the investment with views, then enjoy the ride up in profits and circulation. Instead, we get what we have now, and since it sucks so bad, even I ignore almost all of it, and I’m a MSUJRN grad.

I didn't know you were a janitor nurse. Just more blue wall crap.  - Page 2 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-10, 18:29

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I didn't know you were a janitor nurse. Just more blue wall crap.  - Page 2 2809484752

You are the recipient of a pity upvote. If this (subpar) level of humor continues, don’t expect any more. Just more blue wall crap.  - Page 2 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-12-10, 19:16

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:I don’t get it.  Everyone complains about the Blue Wall.  But everyone reads the Blue Wall.  Just ignore it.  Just more blue wall crap.  - Page 2 2599972566

I have a routine of news reading that mostly avoids the Blue Wall, M-Live, a WEB site for what once were the Booth Newspaper chain in Michigan, which includes the former Bay City Times & Ann Arbor News, is the one Blue Wall site I look at every morning.  Today on my feed they had a UofM article about the third one down, in the middle of the page, with a picture of him celebrating a play, about how the DE would likely be the number one pick of the draft, which is basically delusion given that he isn't the best DE in the nation by far, and way down at the bottom left-hand side of their WEB page the Keith Walker article, which starts out "Keith Walker wasn't a Heisman Finalist ..." and then goes on the report on his awards in a backhanded sort of way...

I ignore these, too, as if I want to read about sports, I go elsewhere, this site and others.  The issue is, as other point out, this blatant favoring of UofM hurts MSU in public perception.  I have family members, cousins, who really haven't got a clue about the strengths and weaknesses of each school, to the point that, one of their children, who wanted to study Physics, was accepted at MSU in the top Physics program in the US, with an internship offered, and at UofM.  They were all negative about MSU and excited about UofM.  That is the damage the Blue Wall creates.

Yeah, I've got a nephew that has never set foot in this state and he's a walvie, even though a few of his relatives have graduated from MSU and there are no family ties whatsoever to scUM
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-10, 19:47

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Yeah, I've got a nephew that has never set foot in this state and he's a walvie, even though a few of his relatives have graduated from MSU and there are no family ties whatsoever to scUM

Sadly, both schools at the undergrad level have their strengths, but people in Michigan don't know what they are.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-10, 20:02

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

You should ask Solari why they favor Michigan if you feel they do. I have to think these companies have figured out who their customers are and are catering to them. I’ve heard many MSU fans say they won’t read/click on Detroit media articles so it seems to make sense they write to the Michigan crowd more.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-10, 20:20

PennSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You should ask Solari why they favor Michigan if you feel they do. I have to think these companies have figured out who their customers are and are catering to them. I’ve heard many MSU fans say they won’t read/click on Detroit media articles so it seems to make sense they write to the Michigan crowd more.

the writers work for editors who work for publishers... grow up already
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-10, 20:24

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

the writers work for editors who work for publishers... grow up already
It’s a business. Simple stuff. Maximize profit. Cut losses.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-10, 20:30

PennSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I’m not going to ask Solari something he hears from everybody else. We’re friends, and I’m not interested in putting him on the defensive.
Your second point underscores what I mentioned previously. Detroit papers cater to umaa fans more because more of their audience favors umaa. In order to grow the readership of those fans who favor the Spartans, they need to increase their coverage of the Spartans. We’re a pretty sizeable force, too, and if they’re publishing things MSU fans would be interested in, that audience will log in. Put the cart before the horse, so to speak. Invest in coverage, and readership will increase.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-10, 20:50

tGreenWay wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

I’m not going to ask Solari something he hears from everybody else. We’re friends, and I’m not interested in putting him on the defensive.
Your second point underscores what I mentioned previously. Detroit papers cater to umaa fans more because more of their audience favors umaa. In order to grow the readership of those fans who favor the Spartans, they need to increase their coverage of the Spartans. We’re a pretty sizeable force, too, and if they’re publishing things MSU fans would be interested in, that audience will log in. Put the cart before the horse, so to speak. Invest in coverage, and readership will increase.
As I said before, the Spartan fans have spoken (except for me, apparently). They will not click on Detroit media articles.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-12-10, 21:16

PennSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

I’m guessing yes.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2021-12-10, 21:37

DWags wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

I’m guessing yes.
I’m guessing this blue wall stuff is eating a hole in your stomach. You might want to think about that.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-12-10, 21:40

PennSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

I’m guessing yes.
I’m guessing this blue wall stuff is eating a hole in your stomach. You might want to think about that.

Honestly, you don’t have a clue.

But fuck it. Enjoy this night. Go Green.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-10, 22:43

PennSpartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

As I said before, the Spartan fans have spoken (except for me, apparently). They will not click on Detroit media articles.

That’s indeed true, for now. Things can always change.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-06, 19:18

Shocked

[tw]1600274729595723778[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-12-06, 19:47

NigelUno wrote: Shocked

[tw]1600274729595723778[/tw]

Response so far from Wallys….”and?”
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-12-06, 19:54

How does the Detroit news, with 330,000 followers, get that little engagement on tweets? Not just that one but all of their tweets are like 1 RT 3 likes. You would think that with that many followers youd get more than that from just accidental clicks
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-12-06, 20:02

Michigan has no other option at this point but to continue the current course of action. If they suspend him now, they would have to admit that they were wrong and well shit I’m laughing to hard to finish this thought.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-12-06, 20:29

Yet somehow the world's moral high ground is Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-07, 07:49

He was over 50+ MPH on a 25 MPH residential street - who drives that fast - WTF
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-12-07, 09:25

Trapper Gus wrote:He was over 50+ MPH on a 25 MPH residential street - who drives that fast - WTF

Just more blue wall crap.  - Page 2 Mazism10
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-12-07, 09:33

tGreenWay wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

I wouldn't want you to put your friend on the defensive. Maybe if you just asked how he can live with himself after sacrificing his integrity while taking the Detroit media's blood money, something like that.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Other Teams Pursuing That and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-12-07, 09:39

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I wouldn't want you to put your friend on the defensive. Maybe if you just asked how he can live with himself after sacrificing his integrity while taking the Detroit media's blood money, something like that.

Media is a private business, and the audience demographics are more than just about the fans. Clicks on ads is a big part of whom they are writing for, maybe UofM fans click on more ads?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-12-07, 11:04

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Just more blue wall crap.  - Page 2 502811600 JFC he’s a reporter not a mob wife.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next