Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trans Athletes and the Uber-woke

+7
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
Heat Miser
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
AvgMSUJoe
11 posters

Go down

Trans Athletes and the Uber-woke Empty Trans Athletes and the Uber-woke

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-26, 08:24

Are the women who fought tooth and nail for decades for equality in education and athletics ok with allowing trans taking their scholarships? Is "equal rights" now a bad thing?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Trans Athletes and the Uber-woke Empty Re: Trans Athletes and the Uber-woke

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-26, 09:35

I thought about this a year or so ago when Joe Rogan raised it. I mean what's the percentages we are talking here? These have to be such isolated events I don't know if I have that much energy for it. I think it's just one of those hot button topics that doesn't really impact any of our lives in any meaningful way.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-03-26, 09:40

I was thinking of putting together a guide book to let people know if they’ve been sucked in by the conservative media outrage machine. Number one on the list is- “is this actually a problem that exists in reality or is it just a theoretical thing to get mad at.” One B is “if this has happened in reality, has it happened enough to actually justify a national conversation about it?” (Enough being defined as more than the one time they highlighted to rile you up further) number 2 is- “is there ever actually an alternative solution proposed or is it all just complaining and outrage without actually saying what to do about it”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-03-26, 09:56

I have a story about this from ~ 20 years ago when I lived in Austin.

There was a guy on my floor. He was in my roommate's software developer group. Same manager, etc. He decided that he was going to have the surgery. This was not common at all at the time and talked about in hushed tones around the office. But still, no one had an issue with it. He became Kate. Kate was pretty striking because she was like 6'2.5 and had the shoulders of a linebacker even post-op. But Kate REALLY liked playing competitive sports and was not shy about talking about her sporting achievements at the office, and I heard these first hand. She scored 4 goals in last night's soccer game, etc. The best was there was an offsite at Dell Diamond which is where the Round Rock Express play minor league ball. Got to go on the field, etc, take swings. Nobody could hit the ball out of the infield. Until Kate stepped up. Rocketing balls into the stands. I guess Kate had played HS baseball.

I haven't really thought much about any of this but I guess my stance would be that it doesn't really seem fair to me at a competitive level (competing for schollies, NCAA championships, etc) but much like it's not my position to tell black or gay or whatever people what should or shouldn't offend them, I'll leave it to the women to decided whether this potential competitive disparity is an issue to them or not. And then support them.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2021-03-26, 10:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I was thinking of putting together a guide book to let people know if they’ve been sucked in by the conservative media outrage machine. Number one on the list is- “is this actually a problem that exists in reality or is it just a theoretical thing to get mad at.” One B is “if this has happened in reality, has it happened enough to actually justify a national conversation about it?” (Enough being defined as more than the one time they highlighted to rile you up further) number 2 is- “is there ever actually an alternative solution proposed or is it all just complaining and outrage without actually saying what to do about it”

#2 for conservatives is always "let's go back to how it used to be during Happy Days". You know, where white, straight males ruled & everyone else new their place.

BTW...if you make everybody compete according to their "birth sex", you still have the same issue. A girl who is now hormoned into a boy but still has to play with the girls could still probably dominate at many sports if they were athletic to begin with.

What the conservatives really want is for trans people to be excluded from all sports...and society in general. I'm sure they'd love to make the procedure illegal. They'd love to push all the gays back into the closet as well...like in the '50s.

Sunday, Monday Happy Days...
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-03-26, 11:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I was thinking of putting together a guide book to let people know if they’ve been sucked in by the conservative media outrage machine. Number one on the list is- “is this actually a problem that exists in reality or is it just a theoretical thing to get mad at.” One B is “if this has happened in reality, has it happened enough to actually justify a national conversation about it?” (Enough being defined as more than the one time they highlighted to rile you up further) number 2 is- “is there ever actually an alternative solution proposed or is it all just complaining and outrage without actually saying what to do about it”

Well put.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-03-26, 11:56

I wish we lived in a world where this sort of thing was important and worthy of our attention.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-03-26, 12:47

Heat Miser wrote:

#2 for conservatives is always "let's go back to how it used to be during Happy Days". You know, where white, straight males ruled & everyone else new their place.

BTW...if you make everybody compete according to their "birth sex", you still have the same issue. A girl who is now hormoned into a boy but still has to play with the girls could still probably dominate at many sports if they were athletic to begin with.

What the conservatives really want is for trans people to be excluded from all sports...and society in general. I'm sure they'd love to make the procedure illegal. They'd love to push all the gays back into the closet as well...like in the '50s.

Sunday, Monday Happy Days...

Bro, Arnold was not white and he ruled the restaurant (until he got married and gave it to white Al).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-03-26, 15:47

Seems there are legitimate points that could be made on both sides of the "competitive" argument. Unfortunately courts have to make the decision (insert politics) and no one will end up happy.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-26, 18:32

Nothing to do with media... Seems anti-woman to be pro trans on this issue. And the uberwoke already cancelled JK Rowling for calling a "person who menstruates" a woman even though by any standard she is liberal on every other front.
When liberty university or some moronic right wing school does it out of spite... Or hell, Suzi has one less girl for Florence Loyer to join the team (and RULE women's hoop)... How will women who fought for those schollies deal with it?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-03-26, 18:37

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Nothing to do with media... Seems anti-woman to be pro trans on this issue. And the uberwoke already cancelled JK Rowling for calling a "person who menstruates" a woman even though by any standard she is liberal on every other front.
When liberty university or some moronic right wing school does it out of spite... Or hell, Suzi has one less girl for Florence Loyer to join the team (and RULE women's hoop)... How will women who fought for those schollies deal with it?

Very operative words.

Until any of those things actually start happening I wouldn’t worry too much about it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-26, 18:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Nothing to do with media... Seems anti-woman to be pro trans on this issue. And the uberwoke already cancelled JK Rowling for calling a "person who menstruates" a woman even though by any standard she is liberal on every other front.

Very operative words.

Until any of those things actually start happening I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Men are so fucking insecure.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-03-26, 22:46

I also have a story about this.

Juwanna Mann.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-03-27, 13:29

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Are the women who fought tooth and nail for decades for equality in education and athletics ok with allowing trans taking their scholarships? Is "equal rights" now a bad thing?

It’s a created controversy.  You need to believe a significant number of people defining themselves as trans who want to participate in HS and college sports in the first place and then have the athletic skill to be a scholarship athlete.

But what are the GOP pols going to do right now?  Complain about COVID vaccine production and distribution?  Say the stock market is crashing?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-03-27, 16:19

I don't subject myself to GOP pols.
Quite literally, I thought about this in the shower because my shitty XC running son got a message from a D3 school. His sr year was horrible. So that's just some weird crootin ploy, but i thought he would only be good if running against the girls... Then he would have been all conference and went to states.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down