Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vehicle leases

+15
DWags
NigelUno
Dendrobates
MiamiSpartan
tGreenWay
The Pantry
Heat Miser
I.B. Fine
Motown Spartan
Cameron
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Vehicle leases - Page 2 Empty Re: Vehicle leases

Post by Heat Miser Tue 27 Jul 2021 - 10:29

Now Is the Time to Buy Out Your Leased Car

The market value of your vehicle likely exceeds the value stated in your lease agreement.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 11:21

Purchased the vehicle for the price on the lease contract ($12,600) with only 4800 miles in it.  Same car with 30,000 more miles is retailing for low 20's
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 17:21

kingstonlake wrote:Purchased the vehicle for the price on the lease contract ($12,600) with only 4800 miles in it.  Same car with 30,000 more miles is retailing for low 20's

Keeping it or looking to make something back on your investment?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 17:40

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Purchased the vehicle for the price on the lease contract ($12,600) with only 4800 miles in it.  Same car with 30,000 more miles is retailing for low 20's

Keeping it or looking to make something back on your investment?

It's the MIL's. She wants something different. But spiteful me will talk her out of trading it in just to have a dealer rip her off. I'd try to sell it for her if I didn't live three hours away.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Nov 2021 - 15:03

Just purchased the wives 2017 grand Cherokee limited. Buy out was 19512. MSU credit union just told me it’s value is 35K. I doubt I’d get that but I know I just won here. I figure without trying I make 7 grand at least maybe 10. Wife was a bit miffed as she has never met a leased car she didn’t love. Every three years she got a new car. But this thread and the MSU credit union convinced her to let me pull this trigger.

The last six days have been fucking awesome.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, tGreenWay and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 5 Nov 2021 - 15:28

I don’t think I updated, in fact I know I didn’t because there’s a record of what I posted here and I didn’t update.

Anyway, yeah I bought out the lease for 18 and it was worth like 27 or so. I got to the dealer at 6 on their late night and I was there until 10, an hour past closing, waiting to sign the documents. They were very nice and apologetic, but I was like dude I get it. You should take care of the people that are buying cars first, I’m not your priority here, it’s fine. I don’t know, I thought it was kinda funny that I was the last person in the dealership. Maybe they were hoping I would say fuck this and leave and they could get the car back
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 5 Nov 2021 - 15:35

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t think I updated, in fact I know I didn’t because there’s a record of what I posted here and I didn’t update.

Anyway, yeah I bought out the lease for 18 and it was worth like 27 or so. I got to the dealer at 6 on their late night and I was there until 10, an hour past closing, waiting to sign the documents. They were very nice and apologetic, but I was like dude I get it. You should take care of the people that are buying cars first, I’m not your priority here, it’s fine. I don’t know, I thought it was kinda funny that I was the last person in the dealership. Maybe they were hoping I would say fuck this and leave and they could get the car back

Yeah buying a leased vehicle should be pretty straight forward. Sounds kinda dickish if you ask me.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 5 Nov 2021 - 15:37

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t think I updated, in fact I know I didn’t because there’s a record of what I posted here and I didn’t update.

Yeah buying a leased vehicle should be pretty straight forward. Sounds kinda dickish if you ask me.

Mrs. Miser did it all over the phone. Vehicle leases - Page 2 2599972566
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 5 Nov 2021 - 15:39

By the way, i think we’d have made a deal Toth Jim Rhiel had they had inventory on the lot. All they had was three row Jeep’s this worked out. I wasn’t going to work too hard on this, frankly because of this thread. I knew what I had in my back pocket. Thanks Kingston. Owe you a beer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 5 Nov 2021 - 15:43

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I was like 7-10 days from the lease expiring so I didn’t want to fuck around
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 5 Nov 2021 - 15:44

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

That’s how I imagined it should be, but as I said earlier ITT, I’ve never purchased our lease. Travis and DWags, is there any truth to the Carvana ads where you make a call and if you like their offer, they come pay up and take off?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 5 Nov 2021 - 16:17

Heat Miser wrote:

Not everybody has a fancy talkie device like the Misers.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 5 Nov 2021 - 16:29

Turtleneck wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Not everybody has a fancy talkie device like the Misers.

I am Chad. She is Karen. We have all the privileges.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri 5 Nov 2021 - 16:48

I've never bought out a lease before either.
I have the contract of mine that says what the buyout price is. Which I plan on doing. We don't want this car, because we want a 3rd row suv. So my thought is to buy it, then look for what we want, book it (for however long we've got to wait), then sell what we have whixh should be more the way things are going.

My question is...what do you have to do, to buy out your lease? We will need a loan. I know we can get the best rates at our CU than the dealership as we have steller credit. Do I contact the dealer first? Bank first, then dealer?
Lease is technically up in April, but we only have 2 payments left.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Fri 5 Nov 2021 - 16:52

Dendrobates wrote:I've never bought out a lease before either.
I have the contract of mine that says what the buyout price is. Which I plan on doing. We don't want this car, because we want a 3rd row suv. So my thought is to buy it, then look for what we want, book it (for however long we've got to wait), then sell what we have whixh should be more the way things are going.

My question is...what do you have to do, to buy out your lease? We will need a loan. I know we can get the best rates at our CU than the dealership as we have steller credit. Do I contact the dealer first? Bank first, then dealer?
Lease is technically up in April, but we only have 2 payments left.

Notify the dealer you intent to buy. They'll give you the exact buyout #. Call your bank & get tell them. Coordinate exchange of papere work. Get loan. Your bank should send the check/wire straight to the dealer if everything goes right. You'll probably have to do some coordination, but you shouldn't have to go anywhere & deal with anybody face to face.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri 5 Nov 2021 - 21:46

DWags wrote:By the way, i think we’d have made a deal Toth Jim Rhiel had they had inventory on the lot. All they had was three row Jeep’s this worked out. I wasn’t going to work too hard on this, frankly because of this thread. I knew what I had in my back pocket. Thanks Kingston. Owe you a beer.

Vehicle leases - Page 2 969504605
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankConan Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 19:13

To be honest, I am surprised that after the pandemic, car purchase prices have fallen. Although the prices for everything else for some reason only increased.
FrankConan
FrankConan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 19:21

FrankConan wrote:To be honest, I am surprised that after the pandemic, car purchase prices have fallen. Although the prices for everything else for some reason only increased.

So new car prices are dropping? I haven’t looked in a few months, but I have a lease maturing this spring and am considering what to do. Not leaning any way just yet on a decision.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 20:14

tGreenWay wrote:
FrankConan wrote:To be honest, I am surprised that after the pandemic, car purchase prices have fallen. Although the prices for everything else for some reason only increased.

So new car prices are dropping? I haven’t looked in a few months, but I have a lease maturing this spring and am considering what to do. Not leaning any way just yet on a decision.

I am not sure what Frank is referring to, but new and used car prices are up.

New Car Price Keeps Climbing, with Average Now at Almost $47,100

This data is a bit skewed as the OEs have been diverting chip allocation into trucks and expensive SUVs. Most small SUV plants are back up and running (with interment shutdowns) for a few months, so inventory of lower priced vehicles will slowly start to rise. Which will drop the average sales price. Four months ago there was nothing on the lots. This weekend I started to see some vehicles lots. Average sales prices are artificially high right now, and they will artificially drop with lower priced vehicles showing up on lots.

Overall you can expect the cost of vehicle (on a vehicle by vehicle basis, not average salws price) to go up in 2023 due to increases in raw materials, labor, etc.

Last edited by Nordic on Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 20:24; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 20:19

Heat Miser wrote:Now Is the Time to Buy Out Your Leased Car

The market value of your vehicle likely exceeds the value stated in your lease agreement.

Lease ended at the end of January. Buyout was far lower than current market value so we bought it. Pretty easy process. Just called finance company. I didn't go through the dealer.

I'm going to try to get a new vehicle on order now and trade in the used one at high market value. Just waiting for the title and I'll start making calls. We'll see it works out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 21:25

Been thinking about, but have not called a dealer regarding this pop-up ad yet

Vehicle leases - Page 2 Lease10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 21:29

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I am not sure what Frank is referring to, but new and used car prices are up.

New Car Price Keeps Climbing, with Average Now at Almost $47,100

This data is a bit skewed as the OEs have been diverting chip allocation into trucks and expensive SUVs. Most small SUV plants are back up and running (with interment shutdowns) for a few months, so inventory of lower priced vehicles will slowly start to rise. Which will drop the average sales price. Four months ago there was nothing on the lots. This weekend I started to see some vehicles lots. Average sales prices are artificially high right now, and they will artificially drop with lower priced vehicles showing up on lots.

Overall you can expect the cost of vehicle (on a vehicle by vehicle basis, not average salws price) to go up in 2023 due to increases in raw materials, labor, etc.

That’s what I thought. Thanks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 21:34

The Pantry wrote:Been thinking about, but have not called a dealer regarding this pop-up ad yet

0.01% you will get this deal. They just want you to call.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 21:34

The Pantry wrote:Been thinking about, but have not called a dealer regarding this pop-up ad yet

Only $209/mo. for 24 mos. with only $21k OOP up front. Vehicle leases - Page 2 502811600
Don’t you get a supplier discount?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 21:44

tGreenWay wrote:

Only $209/mo. for 24 mos. with only $21k OOP up front. Vehicle leases - Page 2 502811600

*First time GM buyer discount. Toyota Camry owner trade-in discount.. Low mileage 7500/year, 28 month lease. 10,995.95 down. GM employee discount. Taxes and fees not included. Stock#AE457H5 only.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 21:46

Not bagging on GM. All I've owned. Every OE does the same get-you-to-call advertising. It's brilliant.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 21:49

tGreenWay wrote:

Can get the discount. Have not checked into that either.

Bought/leased many vehicles over the years. The past 13 years without a car payment have been the best Vehicle leases - Page 2 55953254
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 21:56

Nordic wrote:Not bagging on GM. All I've owned. Every OE does the same get-you-to-call advertising. It's brilliant.
Got the GM employee discount through my sis for years. Ford offered a great lease deal on the Mustang GT in 1987. Despite me beating the hell out of that manual, massive POS.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed 2 Mar 2022 - 18:23

Funny how this guy talks about ordering a vehicle kinda like it's a new idea.

Edmunds: Why you should order your next car from the factory
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 9:47

So I bought a used car in Florida at dealership (not a lot, a regular dealership). Gave my credit union what they needed for my loan as far as a deposit. The salesman says he needs a $500 deposit to mark the car as sold. WTF. I bought it. He says they lower the price by $500 on final deal. My suspicion is it's part or of his commission and it's an in house way of getting it up front. Tell him to go fuck himself?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 9:52

I'd tell him to get it from the bank. If he has a problem, go over his head. Fuck sleazy car salesmen.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 12:56

There was this story by one of the local TV stations last week about a dealership trying to charge extra fees when someone buys out a lease, claiming things are a law when they aren't, making up fees, etc.  

It reminded me of this thread and I meant to search for it.

Link if anyone is interested:
https://www.local10.com/news/local/2022/03/30/why-are-car-dealerships-adding-extra-fees-to-those-buying-out-their-leases/
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 13:08

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'd tell him to get it from the bank. If he has a problem, go over his head. Fuck sleazy car salesmen.

Because I’ve always paid out of my own pocket for my ‘down payment,’ I don’t have any experience with arranging the up front money coming from the bank. However, Joe’s answer seems correct. Talk to your bank contact and ask what to do. Seems like the salesfuck might be preparing for the ol’ switcheroo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 13:10

MiamiSpartan wrote:There was this story by one of the local TV stations last week about a dealership trying to charge extra fees when someone buys out a lease, claiming things are a law when they aren't, making up fees, etc.  

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2022/03/30/why-are-car-dealerships-adding-extra-fees-to-those-buying-out-their-leases/

They’re pissed that lessees are making money on direct sales. That’s cash the dealers want. Vehicle leases - Page 2 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 15:57

Seems like there's a serious trend out there where corporations (Carvana etc) are buying up vehicles and houses and inflating the market. Complete BS.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 16:11

kingstonlake wrote:Seems like there's a serious trend out there where corporations (Carvana etc) are buying up vehicles and houses and inflating the market. Complete BS.

Houses, too? I had no idea.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 16:13

Don’t worry, Kingston, in a few years you’ll be able to sign up for a plaintiff’s remedy following a class action lawsuit involving millions of people. You and everyone else will be reimbursed a total of $5.68 each.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 22:42

MiamiSpartan wrote:There was this story by one of the local TV stations last week about a dealership trying to charge extra fees when someone buys out a lease, claiming things are a law when they aren't, making up fees, etc.  

If you are going to buyout your lease, contact the leasing company direct. You don't need to go through a dealer.

Last edited by Nordic on Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 22:51; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 22:49

kingstonlake wrote:So I bought a used car in Florida at dealership (not a lot, a regular dealership). Gave my credit union what they needed for my loan as far as a deposit. The salesman says he needs a $500 deposit to mark the car as sold. WTF. I bought it. He says they lower the price by $500 on final deal. My suspicion is it's part or of his commission and it's an in house way of getting it up front. Tell him to go fuck himself?

Is this a dealer you've worked with before? Is it also a new car dealer?

Honestly, I don't see a problem with this as long as you have the paperwork aligned to match. The $500 should obv come off the total loan/sale amount. The car market is hot right now. If you don't put down a deposit, someone else will. Try to get them down to.$100 or $250.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 23:04

The Pantry wrote:Funny how this guy talks about ordering a vehicle kinda like it's a new idea.

Edmunds: Why you should order your next car from the factory
kingstonlake wrote:Seems like there's a serious trend out there where corporations (Carvana etc) are buying up vehicles and houses and inflating the market. Complete BS.

Back in the day, I ordered every one of my cars. I would flip them (long story). Then it turned into whatever they had on the lot. The chip shortage has killed the lot deal. Was taking to the guy I've bought over a dozen cars from today. They still have no inventory (except full-size trucks), but they are starting to get in ordered vehicles. The climate has shifted back that way out of necessity. I'm looking at doing the same again soon.

Interesting about Carvana. I have not thought of that, but it makes total sense. Car scalpers. I have heard of this in the real estate market. Not good for consumers. But the market has opened up this business.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next