Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump files lawsuit, wants his tSwill ban lifted

+6
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
10 posters

Go down

Trump files lawsuit, wants his tSwill ban lifted Empty Trump files lawsuit, wants his tSwill ban lifted

Post by Turtleneck 2021-07-07, 12:13

[tw]1412779897030942721?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trump files lawsuit, wants his tSwill ban lifted Empty Re: Trump files lawsuit, wants his tSwill ban lifted

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-07-07, 12:22

I don't understand the class action angle. I thought you had to have entire class of aggrieved people who had been wronged to have a class action suit.  AFAIK, he was the only dickbag that was muzzled.

PS: His lawyers are bleeding him dry. There's no freedom of speech involved here, right?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Trump files lawsuit, wants his tSwill ban lifted Empty Re: Trump files lawsuit, wants his tSwill ban lifted

Post by NigelUno 2021-07-07, 12:28

Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't understand the class action angle. I thought you had to have entire class of aggrieved people who had been wronged to have a class action suit.  AFAIK, he was the only dickbag that was muzzled.

PS: His lawyers are bleeding him dry. There's no freedom of speech involved here, right?

It's just another grift. He'll get people to donate to his legal fund.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-07-07, 12:55

If I remember correctly he wasn’t banned, he asked to have his account deleted. Those are different things tn
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-07-07, 12:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:I don't understand the class action angle. I thought you had to have entire class of aggrieved people who had been wronged to have a class action suit.  AFAIK, he was the only dickbag that was muzzled.

Yeah, this case has no chance on the merits. Trump may or may not know that, but I'm sure his lawyers are well aware.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-07, 13:21

a) I honestly believe that he is so fucking stupid that he thinks he has a Constitutional right to be on social media.

b) his attorneys, while likely very stupid, probably do understand that this sort of lawsuit has absolutely zero chances of success.

c) I hope for his attorney's sake that they get paid up front.

d) an inordinate amount of his legal defense fund will come from the Freedom First Bank, TV and Tire Repair located in Mio, Michigan.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-07-07, 13:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a) I honestly believe that he is so fucking stupid that he thinks he has a Constitutional right to be on social media.

b) his attorneys, while likely very stupid, probably do understand that this sort of lawsuit has absolutely zero chances of success.

d) an inordinate amount of his legal defense fund will come from the Freedom First Bank, TV and Tire Repair located in Mio, Michigan.

It's amazing the number of attorneys that sign on for Trump and his bs claims. It's public knowledge that they may never get paid even if they do win. When they do lose they're definitely not seeing a dime from Trump.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-07-07, 16:37

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:a) I honestly believe that he is so fucking stupid that he thinks he has a Constitutional right to be on social media.

It's amazing the number of attorneys that sign on for Trump and his bs claims. It's public knowledge that they may never get paid even if they do win. When they do lose they're definitely not seeing a dime from Trump.

It’s likely they’re expecting to receive media interviews that will exceed in value anything they could expect to get out of Donnie. It’s called earned media. Trump himself got free, almost entirely unfettered airtime (basically, free advertising) from cnn all by itself in the 18 months leading up to the 2016 election. There have been several estimates putting the value of that earned media at over $1 billion.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-07-07, 16:50

Aren't class action suit shopping extremely lucrative for lawyers and intial filer? Even in cases that don't result in any return? Didn't the Experian one result in millions in "damages" that not a single victim will see a penny from.

Like Nigel said. Just another grift of some sort. "Sign up! Join my lawsuit! Just donate $39.99 and we'll make sure your represented in the most extremely exclusive way in our history!" Did FB Twitter or little girls.com ban you!!! Send your payment today to receive a complimentary signed copy of me and Ivanka on my lap when she was 12!"
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-07-07, 18:29

kingstonlake wrote:Aren't class action suit shopping extremely lucrative for lawyers and intial filer? Even in cases that don't result in any return? Didn't the Experian one result in millions in "damages" that not a single victim will see a penny from.

Like Nigel said. Just another grift of some sort. "Sign up! Join my lawsuit! Just donate $39.99 and we'll make sure your represented in the most extremely exclusive way in our history!" Did FB Twitter or little girls.com ban you!!! Send your payment today to receive a complimentary signed copy of me and Ivanka on my lap when she was 12!"

and please don't bother to uncheck the box that says you're okay with us taking the same amount out of your bank account on a monthly basis
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-07-07, 19:17

tGreenWay wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

It’s likely they’re expecting to receive media interviews that will exceed in value anything they could expect to get out of Donnie.  It’s called earned media. Trump himself got free, almost entirely unfettered airtime (basically, free advertising) from cnn all by itself in the 18 months leading up to the 2016 election. There have been several estimates putting the value of that earned media at over $1 billion.
yep.

As I've been saying for 5+ years, the mainstream media could not get enough of their racist, bigoted christian sexual predator hero.

I know it made our right wing friends sad when I pointed it out, but they stayed tuned in nonetheless.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-07-07, 19:52

I read Jimmy Carter celebrated his 75th anniversary today.

How the fuck was rat bastard Trump ever elected? Lord we suck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-07-07, 22:18

[tw]1412802227161518085[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down