Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting tweet regarding top 7 bball players minutes and tournament success

+4
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
Pervis Muldoon
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Interesting tweet regarding top 7 bball players minutes and tournament success Empty Interesting tweet regarding top 7 bball players minutes and tournament success

Post by DWags 2022-02-18, 11:05

Interesting. Make of it what you will.

https://twitter.com/terrence_23/status/1494674139528974340?s=21

Last edited by DWags on 2022-02-18, 11:25; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Interesting tweet regarding top 7 bball players minutes and tournament success Empty Re: Interesting tweet regarding top 7 bball players minutes and tournament success

Post by DWags 2022-02-18, 11:06

[tw]1494674139528974340?s=21[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Interesting tweet regarding top 7 bball players minutes and tournament success Empty Re: Interesting tweet regarding top 7 bball players minutes and tournament success

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-02-18, 11:29

That is the dumbest thing I ever saw in my whole entire life. There are not 190 minutes in a college basketball game.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Travis of the Cosmos, Motown Spartan and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-18, 11:34

Not sure that will change much with Illinois.

Marble (especially) and Sissoko (both outside the Top 7 in minutes) might get more time if Bingham gets in foul trouble.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-18, 11:48

NigelUno wrote:Not sure that will change much with Illinois.

Marble (especially) and Sissoko (both outside the Top 7 in minutes) might get more time if Bingham gets in foul trouble.

I also think it’s a product of not having “the man” or “men” on your team. Face it Cash was playing 38 plus a game because he was the man. Tillman too. Not as many but a lot. We don’t have that guy. And while we can use the term “we’re deep” maybe a better term is “nobody is stepping up”.

My math tells me 200 minutes are possible in a game. It seems the better we did in the tournament the greater percentage of minutes were grabbed by a top 7 player.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-18, 13:00

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Not sure that will change much with Illinois.

I also think it’s a product of not having “the man” or “men” on your team. Face it Cash was playing 38 plus a game because he was the man. Tillman too. Not as many but a lot. We don’t have that guy. And while we can use the term “we’re deep” maybe a better term is “nobody is stepping up”.

My math tells me 200 minutes are possible in a game. It seems the better we did in the tournament the greater percentage of minutes were grabbed by a top 7 player.

For sure. Better players/senior players got more minutes. Interesting that the 19-20 season was about the same as this year. That still could change though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-02-18, 14:40

The way Bingham is playing, cockburn is going to eat him up. Sissoko will have to play just to have a warm body over 6'7" on him. & Gabe has just disappeared the last couple weeks. Kind of a bad sign your two Sr "leaders" are playing the worst.

Are they both eligible for another year w covid?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-18, 15:01

This team is a mystery, and no real stars or leaders have emerged.
While there’s still time, I don’t see these guys jelling and making a run—not in the B1G tourney, nor the Dance. Max will get good, but he seems to lack fire. A couple others will emerge during their careers, but aren’t ready yet. For now, though, it’s not that they’re not good; it’s that they aren’t yet good enough.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-18, 17:11

AvgMSUJoe wrote:The way Bingham is playing, cockburn is going to eat him up. Sissoko will have to play just to have a warm body over 6'7" on him. & Gabe has just disappeared the last couple weeks. Kind of a bad sign your two Sr "leaders" are playing the worst.

Are they both eligible for another year w covid?

We've actually kind of held Kofi in check. He's scored 5, 11, and 13 against us, and has never beat MSU (missed the game this year). Might be due for a break out game.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-02-18, 18:38

tGreenWay wrote:This team is a mystery, and no real stars or leaders have emerged.
While there’s still time, I don’t see these guys jelling and making a run—not in the B1G tourney, nor the Dance. Max will get good, but he seems to lack fire. A couple others will emerge during their careers, but aren’t ready yet. For now, though, it’s not that they’re not good; it’s that they aren’t yet good enough.

Never doubt Izzo... remember 2005?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-02-18, 18:39

That said, his latest presser didn't sound encouraging.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-18, 18:53

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:This team is a mystery, and no real stars or leaders have emerged.

I never doubt Tom Izzo. Never have, which probably puts me with about 2% of the Spartan basketball fan base. Plenty would say that’s looking through rose-colored glasses. I see it as being realistic, pragmatic, and trustful of a HC who has more than earned it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Polydorus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-02-18, 19:17

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I never doubt Tom Izzo. Never have, which probably puts me with about 2% of the Spartan basketball fan base. Plenty would say that’s looking through rose-colored glasses. I see it as being realistic, pragmatic, and trustful of a HC who has more than earned it.

Won't lie. I've been frustrated watching the team before and I want Izzo to "do something" about it. But I'm smart enough to know that he knows way more than I do and I'm always thinking shit after the fact, not during the moment like he has to.

My biggest wish is that he goes out on his terms with the type of success that he wants for MSU. I think the wife and I will keep buying season tickets because I want to be there for his last game ever and I know my seats would probably go for thousands when he makes that decision.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-18, 19:52

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Won't lie. I've been frustrated watching the team before and I want Izzo to "do something" about it. But I'm smart enough to know that he knows way more than I do and I'm always thinking shit after the fact, not during the moment like he has to.

My biggest wish is that he goes out on his terms with the type of success that he wants for MSU. I think the wife and I will keep buying season tickets because I want to be there for his last game ever and I know my seats would probably go for thousands when he makes that decision.

I don't see him doing a farewell tour. But, I could be wrong.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-20, 09:26

DWags wrote:[tw]1494674139528974340?s=21[/tw]

I think it was roughly 177 minutes yesterday.

Walker and Hoggard together might shrink the minutes for players beyond 7.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-02-20, 09:47

Pervis Muldoon wrote:That is the dumbest thing I ever saw in my whole entire life. There are not 190 minutes in a college basketball game.

It's how many minutes the top 7 players played combined. For example if your starters played all the minutes it would be 40x5 = 200. If your starters played 20 minutes each and there were 5 subs who played the other 20 minutes the number would be 7x 20 = 140.

I thought you claimed to be good at math?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-02-20, 10:23

So long as you never claimed to have a sense of humor, I think we're fine.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-20, 10:42

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I’ve been frustrated, too. Coach is more stubborn than I am. But that’s different than doubting him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-26, 20:52

178 today.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-02-26, 21:07

NigelUno wrote:

178 today.

Lineup is tightening up. Hoggard PG1. Walker PG2/SG. Marble and Hall started over Bingham and Hauser.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-02-26, 21:24

NigelUno wrote:

178 today.
ironically Sissoko who really deserves little pt based on history had some legit balls minutes today.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-27, 11:35

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

178 today.

Lineup is tightening up. Hoggard PG1. Walker PG2/SG. Marble and Hall started over Bingham and Hauser.

Akins' minutes took a hit.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down