Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one of the hold ups for MLB is negotiating "Larger bases". ??? WTF

+7
Trapper Gus
Cameron
MSU addict
Travis of the Cosmos
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
DWags
11 posters

Go down

one of the hold ups for MLB is negotiating "Larger bases". ??? WTF Empty one of the hold ups for MLB is negotiating "Larger bases". ??? WTF

Post by DWags 2022-03-01, 11:10

Without an explanation 97.1 just said this. So, as none of us know why that would be brought up. Give me a reason why that would even be in negotiations.

Ever so slightly helps for stolen bases? Ever so slightly helps with a double play force out? Injury? Why would that help anything?

/rules on putting the shift on.

Pitch clock

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

one of the hold ups for MLB is negotiating "Larger bases". ??? WTF Empty Re: one of the hold ups for MLB is negotiating "Larger bases". ??? WTF

Post by NigelUno 2022-03-01, 11:19

DWags wrote:Without an explanation 97.1 just said this. So, as none of us know why that would be brought up. Give me a reason why that would even be in negotiations.

Ever so slightly helps for stolen bases? Ever so slightly helps with a double play force out? Injury? Why would that help anything?

Pitch clock

That's not holding anything up. AAA had bigger bases last year. Just an experiment (so far).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

one of the hold ups for MLB is negotiating "Larger bases". ??? WTF Empty Re: one of the hold ups for MLB is negotiating "Larger bases". ??? WTF

Post by DWags 2022-03-01, 14:54

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:Without an explanation 97.1 just said this. So, as none of us know why that would be brought up. Give me a reason why that would even be in negotiations.

Pitch clock

That's not holding anything up. AAA had bigger bases last year. Just an experiment (so far).

Why? What is the difference they’re looking for?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-03-01, 15:00

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Slightly "safer". More steals. Less outs with guys sliding through bags.

None of that is a key issue in negotiations. Slow day on the radio.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-03-01, 15:03

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Slightly "safer". More steals. Less outs with guys sliding through bags.

None of that is a key issue in negotiations. Slow day on the radio.
Wasn't ...eh... what's his name... the breakout kid from last year for the tigers. Lost a chunk of his season because of a collision at first.
Give em fucking pillow top bases for all I care.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-03-01, 15:11

If the bases were larger would first be closer to home or would they change where the center of the base is to keep it the same distance?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-03-01, 15:28

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If the bases were larger would first be closer to home or would they change where the center of the base is to keep it the same distance?

I am guessing that the distance between home in first and third and Home will be the same while the distance between first and second and second and third will be slightly shorter
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2022-03-01, 17:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If the bases were larger would first be closer to home or would they change where the center of the base is to keep it the same distance?
The distance from first to home and third to home 3 inches shorter. The distance between 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd will be 4.5 inches shorter.

MLB also hopes the shape of the new bag will help eliminate the "sliding pop-up out". Apparently with instant replay several base stealers have been called out as they came off the bag during the slide, which was only seen when challenged and reviewed on replay.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-03-01, 17:13

DWags wrote:

I am guessing that the distance between home in first and third and Home will be the same while the distance between first and second and second and third will be slightly shorter

I think the distances will be shorter all around.

18" bases (instead of 15"). Back of 1st and 3rd base at 90' makes it 3" shorter. The distance to 2nd would obviously be shorter also.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-03-01, 19:53

I say make first base huge, second base tiny, and eliminate third altogether.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-03-02, 08:42

Assuming this is for more runs scored ...

Bring back higher pitching mounds, pitchers batting, and a softer ball.

No chance there will ever be a 30-game winner in MLB again, even with more games per year.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-03-02, 09:10

Cameron wrote:I say make first base huge, second base tiny, and eliminate third altogether.

What? I always kind of enjoyed third base.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-03-02, 10:19

They should put into escrow all the money being fought over between the revoltingly rich dudes with people as toys and the disgustingly rich dudes getting paid more per game than each individual who worked to develop an RNA vaccine makes in a year. Stuff the bases with the cash in Benjamins (obviously). However big the bases are that's how big the bases are. When a spike opens up one of the bases the lowest paid ballplayers in the starting lineup for each team gets to split the cash if they can fight off the fans rushing the field.

Now that I think of it that's mostly how this works already anyway as a metaphor.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-03-02, 10:24

Rick Saunders wrote:They should put into escrow all the money being fought over between the revoltingly rich dudes with people as toys and the disgustingly rich dudes getting paid more per game than each individual who worked to develop an RNA vaccine makes in a year. Stuff the bases with the cash in Benjamins (obviously). However big the bases are that's how big the bases are. When a spike opens up one of the bases the lowest paid ballplayers in the starting lineup for each team gets to split the cash if they can fight off the fans rushing the field.

Now that I think of it that's mostly how this works already anyway as a metaphor.
My sister lives in California... in her subdivision alone there are 3 ex pros. Of course none were more that a year or two in the bigs and a lifetime getting there. She makes it sound like they are a miserable lot. All physically broken, 2 out of the 3 with substance abuse issues. I was telling her of a local kid who could potentially make it and she acted like it was a curse.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-03-02, 12:06

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:They should put into escrow all the money being fought over between the revoltingly rich dudes with people as toys and the disgustingly rich dudes getting paid more per game than each individual who worked to develop an RNA vaccine makes in a year. Stuff the bases with the cash in Benjamins (obviously). However big the bases are that's how big the bases are. When a spike opens up one of the bases the lowest paid ballplayers in the starting lineup for each team gets to split the cash if they can fight off the fans rushing the field.

My sister lives in California... in her subdivision alone there are 3 ex pros. Of course none were more that a year or two in the bigs and a lifetime getting there. She makes it sound like they are a miserable lot. All physically broken, 2 out of the 3 with substance abuse issues. I was telling her of a local kid who could potentially make it and she acted like it was a curse.

Not surprised about substance abuse, however, have always thought that except for pitchers and catchers' baseball was not nearly as hard on players bodies. Certainly not as hard as NFL linemen and linebackers.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-10, 15:50

apparently a tentative agreement has been reached.

tens of people are excited.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-03-10, 15:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:apparently a tentative agreement has been reached.

April 7 opening day.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-03-10, 16:24

one of the hold ups for MLB is negotiating "Larger bases". ??? WTF LdZc
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-03-10, 19:21

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Cameron wrote:I say make first base huge, second base tiny, and eliminate third altogether.

What?  I always kind of enjoyed third base.

If we're talking those bases, I'd have a very different configuration.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-03-11, 10:47

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:apparently a tentative agreement has been reached.

April 7 opening day.

They cancelled games when they shouldn't have!
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-03-11, 18:32

Maybe it’s so guys don’t break their goddamn ankles!!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down