Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biden's First State of the Union Address Is Tonight..

+3
Motown Spartan
Trapper Gus
Robert J Sakimano
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Biden's First State of the Union Address Is Tonight.. Empty Biden's First State of the Union Address Is Tonight..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:22 am

what will the mainstream media and patriots in the GOP be whining about?

ya think the pro-Russia/pro-Putin republicans will even be there? I could totally see them whining about having to go when there are "more important" things to do.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Biden's First State of the Union Address Is Tonight.. Empty Re: Biden's First State of the Union Address Is Tonight..

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:27 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:what will the mainstream media and patriots in the GOP be whining about?

ya think the pro-Russia/pro-Putin republicans will even be there? I could totally see them whining about having to go when there are "more important" things to do.

Politicians love to be on the TeeVee, so they will be there.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Biden's First State of the Union Address Is Tonight.. Empty Re: Biden's First State of the Union Address Is Tonight..

Post by Motown Spartan Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:11 pm

Not sure what the MSM, GOP, and the Patriots will whine about but Rashida Tlaib will be whining about something as she gives a response.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:06 pm

The only question tonight is who will trash Biden more in their rebuttals, the Republicans or the Progressives. They both hate him.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:48 am

I heard that one of the pro-life christian republicans started screaming at him when he mentioned his dead son.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:52 am

It was an excelled speech ...

Maybe it will inspire the Congress to pass the appropriation bill.

The MSM hasn't commented on it, however President Biden pointed out the large number of bipartisan bills that he has signed.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:40 am

PennSpartan wrote:The only question tonight is who will trash Biden more in their rebuttals, the Republicans or the Progressives. They both hate him.

It must have made Penn very sad that President Biden went totally in on Progressive positions.

He also hailed the major legislation already passed under his leadership: the American Rescue Plan and the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. “Unlike the $2 trillion tax cut passed in the previous administration that benefitted the top 1% of Americans, the American Rescue Plan helped working people—and left no one behind,” Biden said in one of the moments that drew loud boos from Republicans. “And it worked. It created jobs. Lots of jobs. In fact, our economy created over 6.5 million new jobs just last year, more jobs created in one year than ever before in the history of America.”
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:42 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

The MSM hasn't commented on it.

How can you know this? You claim not to "do" MSM.

Biden's First State of the Union Address Is Tonight.. 3003718628
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Bredo Morstoel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:16 pm

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

The MSM hasn't commented on it.

How can you know this? You claim not to "do" MSM.

Biden's First State of the Union Address Is Tonight.. 3003718628

Ahhh, but what is my definition of MSM, you assume too much, dude.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:18 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

So your definition of MSM changed from the time you posted "I don't do MSM" to the time you posted "MSM hasn't commented"

Biden's First State of the Union Address Is Tonight.. 2803167989
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:15 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:The only question tonight is who will trash Biden more in their rebuttals, the Republicans or the Progressives. They both hate him.

It must have made Penn very sad that President Biden went totally in on Progressive positions.

He also hailed the major legislation already passed under his leadership: the American Rescue Plan and the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. “Unlike the $2 trillion tax cut passed in the previous administration that benefitted the top 1% of Americans, the American Rescue Plan helped working people—and left no one behind,” Biden said in one of the moments that drew loud boos from Republicans. “And it worked. It created jobs. Lots of jobs. In fact, our economy created over 6.5 million new jobs just last year, more jobs created in one year than ever before in the history of America.”
I guess you didn’t hear the Squad voted against the infrastructure bill. And their darling BBB bill went down in flames. No free college. No large scale loan relief. No free daycare. The Progressives are failing miserably and after the midterms their dreams will be dead. Thank you moderate Joe!
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:33 am

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I guess you didn’t hear the Squad voted against the infrastructure bill. And their darling BBB bill went down in flames. No free college. No large scale loan relief. No free daycare. The Progressives are failing miserably and after the midterms their dreams will be dead. Thank you moderate Joe!

As a non democrat, what are your dreams for midterms?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:41 am

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

So your definition of MSM changed from the time you posted "I don't do MSM" to the time you posted  "MSM hasn't commented"

Biden's First State of the Union Address Is Tonight.. 2803167989

Wrong, of course, you should have asked what I though MSM is, but you were too much in a hurry to lie about what I believe.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:24 am

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

We had this discussion, Penn. You are becoming forgetful in your old age.

I see the Senator from WV is floating a smaller package containing much of the BBB programs.

The BBB, Back from the Dead
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:21 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

We had this discussion, Penn. You are becoming forgetful in your old age.

I see the Senator from WV is floating a smaller package containing much of the BBB programs.

Good luck with that. Manchin will be in the driver’s seat this time. No soup for you!
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:24 am

kingstonlake wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

As a Biden supporting Democrat, I want to see the Communists like Bernie and AOC curled up in the fetal position crying because their stupid ideas failed. No soup for you!
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:29 am

PennSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

As a Biden supporting Democrat, I want to see the Communists like Bernie and AOC curled up in the fetal position crying because their stupid ideas failed. No soup for you!

As I've said and you continue to prove..... You're not a Democrat.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:37 am

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

We had this discussion, Penn.  You are becoming forgetful in your old age.

Good luck with that.  Manchin will be in the driver’s seat this time.  No soup for you!

Each Senator who wants to be so is in the driver's seat.  

The real question is if they can get the Senator from AZ to accept income tax increases for the wealthy, which is what the Senator from WV is demanding.

FWIW, the Senator from WV is not against anything in the BBB as passed by the Progressives in the House, he just wants more tax revenue to pay for it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by spartanwill Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:47 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:what will the mainstream media and patriots in the GOP be whining about?

You should also include the progressives, BLM, the defund the police crowd, members of Ukraine parliament and many others who are whining. Maybe next year he can down a 5-hour energy drink and piss off everybody. What was that weird thing that Nancy P did with her hands when Joe brought up something about our war veterans breathing bad air? Also seemed that Chuckles Schumer missed his cue as to when to stand up. Odd stuff indeed.
spartanwill
spartanwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by spartanwill Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:54 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:It was an excelled speech ...

The MSM hasn't commented on it, however President Biden pointed out the large number of bipartisan bills that he has signed.

I thought the president did a pretty good job actually. Especially at the beginning talking about united support for the Ukraine. Surprised he brought up some Trumpian ideas like fund the police. His numbers didn't add up on releasing 60 million barrels of oil (30 US). Don't think that is going to do much. His subservience to the Green Party is gonna really sock it to the consumer at the gas pump. Inflation could really cost him in the midterms and beyond.
spartanwill
spartanwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:03 pm

spartanwill wrote:

I thought the president did a pretty good job actually. Especially at the beginning talking about united support for the Ukraine. Surprised he brought up some Trumpian ideas like fund the police. His numbers didn't add up on releasing 60 million barrels of oil (30 US). Don't think that is going to do much. His subservience to the Green Party is gonna really sock it to the consumer at the gas pump. Inflation could really cost him in the midterms and beyond.

Probably. It’s amazing that people actually think inflation can be caused in 12 months
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:00 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
spartanwill wrote:

Probably. It’s amazing that people actually think inflation can be caused in 12 months
America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:37 pm

spartanwill wrote:

Really the demonizing of police reform by you guys is nuts. It is long overdue.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by spartanwill Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:07 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
spartanwill wrote:

Sorry, its the presidents words not mine. He took some heat for saying it....which is a fact. I forgot to mention he said enforcing the border too. After the chants of USA USA USA. It almost sounded like a Trump rally.
spartanwill
spartanwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:11 pm

spartanwill wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Sorry, its the presidents words not mine. He took some heat for saying it....which is a fact. I forgot to mention he said enforcing the border too. After the chants of USA USA USA. It almost sounded like a Trump rally.

Oh sure, he called main stream ideas, "Trumpian". You are such a RWNJ partisan
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by spartanwill Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:49 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
spartanwill wrote:

Oh sure, he called main stream ideas, "Trumpian". You are such a RWNJ partisan

You are getting upset. Look, the president's approval rating is 37% going into the midterms. There's nothing wrong with him moving to the middle. Clinton was a very successful president in his second terms when he moved to the middle. Comments about funding the police, protecting our borders, etc I have not heard from him before. Even the outreach to Republicans was good.
spartanwill
spartanwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:04 am

Not upset, just annoyed that you believe the lies about police funding.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by spartanwill Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:59 am

Trapper Gus wrote:Not upset, just annoyed that you believe the lies about police funding.

Apparently some liberal cities have seen the light.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/portland-among-u-s-cities-adding-funds-to-police-departments.

Again take it up with the President, he's the one who spoke to it during the SOTU address.
spartanwill
spartanwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:07 am

spartanwill wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Not upset, just annoyed that you believe the lies about police funding.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/portland-among-u-s-cities-adding-funds-to-police-departments.

Again take it up with the President, he's the one who spoke to it during the SOTU address.

Dude, it is a position that he and the Democratic Party have always supported. You claiming it was stealing from Trump is just a lie.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:08 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
spartanwill wrote:

Dude, it is a position that he and the Democratic Party have always supported. You claiming it was stealing from Trump is just a lie.
GOP christians lying?? Don't they know that would make god sad? scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by spartanwill Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:05 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
spartanwill wrote:

You mean Democrats except those running Portland, Minneapolis, LA, NY and other liberal run cities who literally cut funds.....and now regret it. Compounded by George Soros financed DAs, the rise in crime will be major issue in the Fall.

I will grant you that Biden's position is unchanged but why would he bring it up during SOTU address? Especially since funding is a local issue. Its nothing more than a campaign slogan. Remember 37%.
spartanwill
spartanwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:15 pm

spartanwill wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

You mean Democrats except those running Portland, Minneapolis, LA, NY and other liberal run cities who literally cut funds.....and now regret it. Compounded by George Soros financed DAs, the rise in crime will be major issue in the Fall.

I will grant you that Biden's position is unchanged but why would he bring it up during SOTU address? Especially since funding is a local issue. Its nothing more than a campaign slogan. Remember 37%.

The local reorganizations envision both having police & having people more appropriate for many of the things that the police are forced to do but for which they are not trained for. Only the RWNJ anti freedom people don't understand this.

Are you one of those?

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by spartanwill Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:42 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
spartanwill wrote:

The local reorganizations envision both having police & having people more appropriate for many of the things that the police are forced to do but for which they are not trained for. Only the RWNJ anti freedom people don't understand this.

Are you one of those?

The "local reorganizations" literally cut police budgets" which reduced the number of police and, aided by George Soros hand picked DAs, has in fact increased the crime rates in all these cities in the article. The victims of these defund the police budget cuts? Primarily minority and poor which makes these 'reorganizations' inherently racist. Maybe a solution is not the zero sum less police, more training isn't the way to go as you suggest. Of course, a liberal elite such as yourself living far from inner cities is insulated from violent crime. Even the liberals running Minneapolis and Portland are realizing the mistake they made. I have a novel idea. Put the crooks in jail, increase the police budgets and offer federal funding for the training of law enforcement. Not the solution you are offering. Otherwise, see you at the elections.
spartanwill
spartanwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:21 am

While violent crime was up in 2020, before any of the BLM reforms, crime overall was down, that dog won't hunt.

Public Safety funding was not cut.  

It was moved to other areas which have people who are trained to deal with situations that the police, many of whom have only a high school education and are ex-military still dealing with PTSD, are not capable of dealing with, other than murdering people.

Police training do by charlatan ex-military who train the police to shoot to kill first and ask questions later, combined with white privilege, is no way to run a police department, and no way to ensure public safety.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by spartanwill Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:20 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

GOP christians lying?? Don't they know that would make god sad? scratch
spartanwill
spartanwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by spartanwill Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:22 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:While violent crime was up in 2020, before any of the BLM reforms, crime overall was down, that dog won't hunt.

Public Safety funding was not cut.  

It was moved to other areas which have people who are trained to deal with situations that the police, many of whom have only a high school education and are ex-military still dealing with PTSD, are not capable of dealing with, other than murdering people.

Police training do by charlatan ex-military who train the police to shoot to kill first and ask questions later, combined with white privilege, is no way to run a police department, and no way to ensure public safety.

I think you need to focus on the statistics specific to where they literally defunded the police. Also, you need to ask yourself why the liberal cities where they actually cut budgets are walking back their policies. Your argument doesn't hold much water.
spartanwill
spartanwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:51 am

If you want to show that you have a point go ahead and provide links to the data.

However, from the one link you have posted here is a quote that totally shows that hiring more police has no real correlation with crime rates.  

It says that half the time more police are hired crime rates went up.

NPR Article wrote:Aaron Chalfin, a University of Pennsylvania criminologist who has studied four decades of police budgets in major cities, says 54 percent of the times that cities hired more officers, homicide numbers decreased. Many factors are at play in the fluctuation of crime rates, including the number of officers and police department budgets. Other factors include financial and mental health struggles caused by the pandemic, the economy, programs for young people and even the amount of street lighting.

There are “a million things that drive crime up and down,” Chalfin said.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by spartanwill Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:21 am

Trapper Gus wrote:If you want to show that you have a point go ahead and provide links to the data.

However, from the one link you have posted here is a quote that totally shows that hiring more police has no real correlation with crime rates.  

NPR Article wrote:Aaron Chalfin, a University of Pennsylvania criminologist who has studied four decades of police budgets in major cities, says 54 percent of the times that cities hired more officers, homicide numbers decreased. Many factors are at play in the fluctuation of crime rates, including the number of officers and police department budgets. Other factors include financial and mental health struggles caused by the pandemic, the economy, programs for young people and even the amount of street lighting.

There are “a million things that drive crime up and down,” Chalfin said.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/crime/mayor-frey-updates-violent-crime-battle-in-minneapolis/89-6b3bbd7c-43ab-49b8-b148-0f8a15e5b2da

https://www.opb.org/article/2022/01/15/2021-was-a-record-year-for-homicides-in-portland/#:~:text=From%202019%20to%202020%2C%20Portland,%25%2C%20based%20on%20FBI%20data.

You really have to ask yourself, why are these liberal controlled cities walking back/rejecting defund the police actions?

spartanwill
spartanwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:33 am

spartanwill wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:If you want to show that you have a point go ahead and provide links to the data.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/crime/mayor-frey-updates-violent-crime-battle-in-minneapolis/89-6b3bbd7c-43ab-49b8-b148-0f8a15e5b2da

https://www.opb.org/article/2022/01/15/2021-was-a-record-year-for-homicides-in-portland/#:~:text=From%202019%20to%202020%2C%20Portland,%25%2C%20based%20on%20FBI%20data.

You really have to ask yourself, why are these liberal controlled cities walking back/rejecting defund the police actions?

You are doing a good job of proving that the moving of funds to more appropriate groups has nothing to do with the increase in crime ....

KARE - 11 wrote:MINNEAPOLIS — The city of Minneapolis is not alone in facing a recent spike in violent crime that includes an increase in homicides, carjackings and other criminal acts that have residents demanding action.

Crime rates are up in many metropolitan areas across the country, and criminologists are blaming the COVID pandemic and conflicts over race and politics.

Along with sworn officers, Huffman said the city will be hiring 40 community service officers, people with strong character and a desire to serve their city. Candidates don't need a law enforcement degree, only a high school diploma and a will to help improve relations between residents and the department.

and more about the fact that the crime rates are up in lots of places, and that it didn't start in 2021 ...

Oregon Public Broadcasting wrote:Portland wasn’t the only American city to set a new mark for number of killings in a year. Philadelphia, Albuquerque, New Mexico, and Lexington, Kentucky, were among the places that also saw record-high homicides in 2021.

Killings have been on the rise in Portland for the past few years. From 2019 to 2020, Portland had a sharper rise in killings — an 83% increase — than nearly all major cities. At the time, nationally homicides had increased by nearly 30%, based on FBI data.

City police and officials say last year’s increase — which disproportionally impacted Portland’s Black community — was fueled by gang-related arguments, drug deals gone array and disputes among people living on the streets. In addition, the situation was exacerbated by the pandemic, economic hardships and mental health crises.

In a May statement, Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler warned residents that “groups” were traveling to the city from Washington and California to “engage in and advance gun violence.” In addition, Wheeler said “groups involved in this violence have issued an order to shoot someone in the next 30 days or be shot for not showing loyalty.”

I should point out that hiring more police is a political solution, by politicians answering a demand with a kneejerk that people understand but which probably will have no effect on reducing crime, as the experts say more police are not a relevant factor.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:45 pm

"Defund the Police" works Well

Liberal News Reporting ,,, wrote:It started initially in Denver, with four professionals, in 2016.

Now it has 32 professionals including 15 volunteers which include behavioral and medical health clinicians who have responded to over 2,300 calls that have reported mental health crises including drug and alcohol use, assistance to those with mental issues such as schizophrenia and delusions and severe depression that has led to suicidal tendencies.

And in all these calls, according to this report released last month, not once, not a single time has the police had to be called as back- up for a threat to safety.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next