Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College Basketball Rumor Mill: Jay Wright Seriously Thinking About Retiring

+6
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
DWags
Turtleneck
10 posters

Go down

College Basketball Rumor Mill: Jay Wright Seriously Thinking About Retiring Empty College Basketball Rumor Mill: Jay Wright Seriously Thinking About Retiring

Post by Turtleneck 2022-04-20, 19:52

[tw]1516926184138883080?s=20&t=8iE4KyBynBqqCmHsvIPvLQ[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

College Basketball Rumor Mill: Jay Wright Seriously Thinking About Retiring Empty Re: College Basketball Rumor Mill: Jay Wright Seriously Thinking About Retiring

Post by DWags 2022-04-20, 19:54

Wow. That’s huge. Could be a ton more coaching shake ups leading from this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

College Basketball Rumor Mill: Jay Wright Seriously Thinking About Retiring Empty Re: College Basketball Rumor Mill: Jay Wright Seriously Thinking About Retiring

Post by Turtleneck 2022-04-20, 19:58

DWags wrote:Wow. That’s huge. Could be a ton more coaching shake ups leading from this.

Nate Oats to Villanova. Izzo to Alabama. Izzo finally gets his dream job.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-20, 20:00

Jay Wright to the Lakers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-04-20, 20:06

Maybe he can make Syracuse relevant again.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-04-20, 20:07

kingstonlake wrote:Maybe he can make Syracuse relevant again.

Jay Wright is Steve?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-20, 20:14

kingstonlake wrote:Maybe he can make Syracuse relevant again.

It’s the one school with a built in national audience.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-04-20, 20:28

SI reporting Wright’s retirement

https://www.si.com/college/2022/04/20/jay-wright-retires-villanova-basketball

First reported by The Athletic.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-04-20, 22:50

tGreenWay wrote:Jay Wright to the Lakers.

I really hope this doesn't happen. Enjoy your retirement Jay.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-04-20, 23:00

duffy munn wrote:

Clearly not loyal, just up and retires without notice and leaves recruits and current players without a coach. Selfish. Maybe the adversity was getting to be too much.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-04-21, 02:01

duffy munn wrote:

Agreed. Relatively young (60) and probably has a nice chunk of change saved. Learn a new language or two, travel, maybe sire a bastard child or two with the housekeeper. The possibilities are endless.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-04-21, 10:45

Turtleneck wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Clearly not loyal, just up and retires without notice and leaves recruits and current players without a coach. Selfish. Maybe the adversity was getting to be too much.

+10000000000
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-21, 11:17

Turtleneck wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Wicked sarcasm.

Villanova was without a Coach for like a minute.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-04-21, 11:26

He's really missing out on all the rocking chairs, gold watches and assorted swag that comes with the retirement tour.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-04-21, 11:40

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Wicked sarcasm.

Did the incoming recruits sign to play for Jay Wright or Kyle Neptune? What about the current players?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-21, 13:08

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Wicked sarcasm.

Did the incoming recruits sign to play for Jay Wright or Kyle Neptune? What about the current players?

They sign to play for Villanova.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-04-21, 16:05

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

So your argument is that the coach is not a factor in a player's recruitment?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-21, 18:21

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

My "argument"?

College Basketball Rumor Mill: Jay Wright Seriously Thinking About Retiring 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-04-21, 18:50

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

My "argument"?

College Basketball Rumor Mill: Jay Wright Seriously Thinking About Retiring 502811600

This is the part where Nigel realizes he has no point and backs out of the conversation. It's rare, but it does happen.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, tGreenWay and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-04-21, 19:15

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

My "argument"?

This is the part where Nigel realizes he has no point and backs out of the conversation. It's rare, but it does happen.

College Basketball Rumor Mill: Jay Wright Seriously Thinking About Retiring 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5c499jhj9onv7qhb3n8rxnqf7fa93fryway082ehx&rid=200
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-04-21, 22:18

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

My "argument"?

Turtleneck about to be sucked into the Nigel vortex...
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-04-21, 22:20

College Basketball Rumor Mill: Jay Wright Seriously Thinking About Retiring D555wi8-b5dbb5dc-ce64-4699-9d9a-3204b3f80620.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU0ZTlkYjQ3LTEyODctNDM1Zi1iYTE4LTFkNzlhYzBkNmUxMlwvZDU1NXdpOC1iNWRiYjVkYy1jZTY0LTQ2OTktOWQ5YS0zMjA0YjNmODA2MjAuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-21, 22:47

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

My "argument"?

Oh. I thought you made up an argument for me.

Let me know.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-04-21, 22:59

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Let me know.

No. You seem to make things up pretty well on your own.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-04-21, 23:46

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Let me know.

No. You seem to make things up pretty well on your own.

Cool.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down