Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend question: Are the Juicy Fruit commercials the best commercials of all-time and are they really about gum?

+2
The Pantry
Turtleneck
6 posters

Go down

Weekend question: Are the Juicy Fruit commercials the best commercials of all-time and are they really about gum? Empty Weekend question: Are the Juicy Fruit commercials the best commercials of all-time and are they really about gum?

Post by Turtleneck 6/3/2022, 6:28 pm

"Take a sniff, pull it out, the taste is gonna move you when you pop it in your mouth..." Very suggestive advertising. 

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Weekend question: Are the Juicy Fruit commercials the best commercials of all-time and are they really about gum? Empty Re: Weekend question: Are the Juicy Fruit commercials the best commercials of all-time and are they really about gum?

Post by The Pantry 6/3/2022, 6:53 pm

I liked Beemans and Doublemint

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Weekend question: Are the Juicy Fruit commercials the best commercials of all-time and are they really about gum? Empty Re: Weekend question: Are the Juicy Fruit commercials the best commercials of all-time and are they really about gum?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 6/3/2022, 6:56 pm

It’s about gum if you aren’t a horny posting maniac
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 6/3/2022, 7:24 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s about gum if you aren’t a horny posting maniac
Both Beemans and Doublemint were better than Juicy Fruit.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 6/3/2022, 7:31 pm

I’m not sure.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 6/3/2022, 8:00 pm

More pieces to this gummy puzzle

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 6/3/2022, 8:53 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It’s about gum if you aren’t a horny posting maniac
Both Beemans and Doublemint were better than Juicy Fruit.

That’s a lie. Take it back.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 6/3/2022, 10:45 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Both Beemans and Doublemint were better than Juicy Fruit.

That’s a lie. Take it back.
Nope. Juicy Fruit was terrible. A joke of a gum.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 6/3/2022, 10:47 pm

Weekend question: Are the Juicy Fruit commercials the best commercials of all-time and are they really about gum? 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5enuo9go6ise9fp5yydfgxp5djo4gds5lhjcirzlf&rid=200
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 6/3/2022, 11:12 pm

Having a gum flashback from my 1st job at a drugstore. Bubble gum in a stick form. Big Bubba? Not Hubba Bubba because that came along later.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 6/4/2022, 10:06 am

It was always intended to be very suggestive but blatantly gay. I mean, the name of the gum is Juicy Fruit.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 6/4/2022, 10:50 am

kingstonlake wrote:I’m not sure.
The Pantry wrote:Having a gum flashback from my 1st job at a drugstore.  Bubble gum in a stick form.  Big Bubba?  Not Hubba Bubba because that came along later.

You could hammer nails with the sticks of gum that came in the Topps packs.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 6/4/2022, 10:57 am

Unless it’s Bazooka, gum is for rookies. No, I prefer being certain of having fresh breath with Certs. It’s two — two — two mints in one, with a sparkling drop of retsyn.

On a personal note, it was a sad day in my childhood when Certs bowed to the pressure of Big Candy and began offering their own line of long lasting chewing gum.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 6/4/2022, 11:01 am

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Having a gum flashback from my 1st job at a drugstore.  Bubble gum in a stick form.  Big Bubba?  Not Hubba Bubba because that came along later.

Sorry you didn’t have enough money to buy a hammer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 6/4/2022, 12:15 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Stuff in the Topps packs barely qualified as gum. Could clothespin to your bike and it made the same noise as the cards.

The bubble gum I'm trying to recall was packaged maybe a foot long.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Turtleneck likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 6/4/2022, 12:30 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Stuff in the Topps packs barely qualified as gum. Could clothespin to your bike and it made the same noise as the cards.

Double Bubble or Big Buddy?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 6/4/2022, 1:55 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Stuff in the Topps packs barely qualified as gum.   Could clothespin to your bike and it made the same noise as the cards.

Did it come in a tube? Anyway, Big League Chew was where it was at back in the day. Don’t @ me about this.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down