Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's fresh fruit time: ITT we help each other find, buy and store the best, freshest fruit we've found or bought

+15
NigelUno
MSU addict
Dendrobates
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Motown Spartan
InTenSity
Rocinante
tGreenWay
Senior Dickfist
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It's fresh fruit time:  ITT we help each other find, buy and store the best, freshest fruit we've found or bought Empty It's fresh fruit time: ITT we help each other find, buy and store the best, freshest fruit we've found or bought

Post by DWags 2019-04-26, 06:47

I'm here to help tSwill during the most gloriest time of the season.  Fresh fruit.  Yesterday, in Kroger, the cheeries came back.  Very nice.  Here's some helpful stuff.  

It's fresh fruit time:  ITT we help each other find, buy and store the best, freshest fruit we've found or bought 58430410
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

It's fresh fruit time:  ITT we help each other find, buy and store the best, freshest fruit we've found or bought Empty Re: It's fresh fruit time: ITT we help each other find, buy and store the best, freshest fruit we've found or bought

Post by DWags 2019-04-26, 06:52

It's fresh fruit time:  ITT we help each other find, buy and store the best, freshest fruit we've found or bought Downlo11

1. Color Matters: Cherry color fluctuates depending on the varietal, but make sure to always select cherries that are dark for their variety. The glossiest, darkest reds with dark saturation and the greenest stems typically ensure the freshest quality, so pick a bunch that is vibrant in color.
2. The Bigger, The Better: Plump, firm cherries are tastier! Also, choose cherries that are firm to the touch.

3. Keep Cherries Cool: Once you’ve chosen the perfect cherries, make sure to store them in the refrigerator. Storing cherries in a cool environment preserves their taste and is the best way to keep your cherries fresh and ready to eat

4. Be sure to store them away from strong-smelling foods so that the odors do not get transferred to your cherries!

5. Don't rinse when you get home and store them. Rinsing will leave water on them and help them spoil. Rinse right before you eat them.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

It's fresh fruit time:  ITT we help each other find, buy and store the best, freshest fruit we've found or bought Empty Re: It's fresh fruit time: ITT we help each other find, buy and store the best, freshest fruit we've found or bought

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-26, 08:34

solid thread..

recently transitioned over to fresh blueberries for my high protein morning blended beverage - typically, in the winter, I pick up the frozen kind. Fresh are, obviously, more tasty.. and they don't give the drink a more frozen-like consistency.

I don't think drinking cold/almost frozen stuff.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-04-26, 08:36

Which is the best store to get some weird ass fruit dwags? I like to try the weird ass fruit. Not the regular ass fruit that every store has.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-04-26, 08:45

Looks like solid advice on watermelons. Too bad I don't like them.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-04-26, 08:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Which is the best store to get some weird ass fruit dwags? I like to try the weird ass fruit. Not the regular ass fruit that every store has.

Do you have a Nino Salvaggio near you? I forget where you live.

Fresh Thyme might work.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-04-26, 08:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Which is the best store to get some weird ass fruit dwags? I like to try the weird ass fruit. Not the regular ass fruit that every store has.

Fresh Thyme might work.

Not really but there’s one near my parents house so I can always stop by. Is ninos good for weird ass fruit then? Never been.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-04-26, 09:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Fresh Thyme might work.

Not really but there’s one near my parents house so I can always stop by. Is ninos good for weird ass fruit then? Never been.

Yes. You can even get a kind of fish there that they call the chicken of the sea.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-04-26, 09:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Yes. You can even get a kind of fish there that they call the chicken of the sea.

What will they think up next wbh
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-04-26, 09:22

Order some jackfruit from amazon. BBQ it dry it’s seeds grind them to flour eat it raw.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-04-26, 10:42

As others have said, Nino's is a great place for fruit.  My one suggestion would be to get yourself some durian fruit.  I'm sure you'll love it!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-04-26, 10:54

Senior Dickfist wrote:

As others have said, Nino's is a great place for fruit.  My one suggestion would be to get yourself some durian fruit.  I'm sure you'll love it!

I’ve never heard of it dickfest I’ll have to give it a shot
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-26, 11:00

I love cheeries, they’re so friendly.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-04-26, 14:19

Senior Dickfist wrote:

Let me know what you think.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-04-26, 14:27

tGreenWay wrote:I love cheeries, they’re so friendly.

I knew a Cherry Gasperoni. She’d kick you in the nuts. I think she was always angry because her name was Cherry but everyone called her Sherry.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-26, 14:52

Diane Lane in The Outsiders is the only Cherry that matters.
Let’s do her for Johnny, man, let’s do her for Johnny!”

Wait, that might not be the exact quote.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-04-26, 14:58

Senior Dickfist wrote:

I just googled it and it sounds like it’s shitty dickfest.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-04-26, 15:01

Travis you should try that fruit that The Rock and Stiffler ate in the movie The Rundown, it's supposed to be really good.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-26, 15:02

Fridge your fruit, no one!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2019-04-26, 19:07

Senior Dickfist wrote:

I just googled it and it sounds like it’s shitty dickfest.

I was hoping you would be the judge of your own taste buds but, it appears you are willing to take the advice of others....thought more of you bro...
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-27, 16:04

How long before the thread is revealed to be another fruit refrigeration propaganda thread.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-04-27, 17:03

Rocinante wrote:How long before the thread is revealed to be another fruit refrigeration propaganda thread.

I tried to warn you guys yesterday. Did anyone listen? Nope.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-07-12, 17:39

I was dismayed that I could find any Apricots yesterday at the market yesterday. I asked the fruit guy, a very interesting and talkative guy from previous conversations, what's up? Apricots are done as of two weeks ago, no more until November when we'll get some from Bolivia or something.

I start looking at pears. I like pears, but I there's 3-4 kinds and I don't know one from the next. I asked fruit guy, which are the best right now? He tells me to get the Bosc pears.

I just had one and I'm telling you that was awesome. I only bought two. Next week I'm going to get some more. I like my pears chilled.

Not as good as eating two quarts of blueberries, but these Bosc pears taste great.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-07-12, 17:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:I was dismayed that I could find any Apricots yesterday at the market yesterday. I asked the fruit guy, a very interesting and talkative guy from previous conversations, what's up? Apricots are done as of two weeks ago, no more until November when we'll get some from Bolivia or something.

I start looking at pears. I like pears, but I there's 3-4 kinds and I don't know one from the next. I asked fruit guy, which are the best right now? He tells me to get the Bosc pears.

I just had one and I'm telling you that was awesome. I only bought two. Next week I'm going to get some more. I like my pears chilled.

Not as good as eating two quarts of blueberries, but these Bosc pears taste great.

Make sure you fridge them. Slice them with a knife and eat them chilled. Perfect.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-07-12, 17:54

Exactly what I did, DWags. It's fresh fruit time:  ITT we help each other find, buy and store the best, freshest fruit we've found or bought 55953254
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-07-12, 18:10

Floyd Robertson wrote:I was dismayed that I could find any Apricots yesterday at the market yesterday. I asked the fruit guy, a very interesting and talkative guy from previous conversations, what's up? Apricots are done as of two weeks ago, no more until November when we'll get some from Bolivia or something.

Floyd has fallen. The cult of refrigerated fruit, led by the charismatic DWags, has claimed another mind.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-07-12, 18:52

My wife just cut up a pineapple that was in our front yard. It taste ok, not too sweet though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-04, 17:35

It's fresh fruit time:  ITT we help each other find, buy and store the best, freshest fruit we've found or bought De173410
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-10-04, 18:12

A little shop just opened up near us called Lakeshore Depot. All he does is fresh fruits and vegetables directly from farms in Michigan and Wisconsin. It’s a passion project for him, his wife is LOADED.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-04, 18:50

Motown Spartan wrote:A little shop just opened up near us called Lakeshore Depot. All he does is fresh fruits and vegetables directly from farms in Michigan and Wisconsin. It’s a passion project for him, his wife is LOADED.

Does he sell wine & preserves in the winter or will he be shutting down for the season?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-10-04, 19:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:A little shop just opened up near us called Lakeshore Depot. All he does is fresh fruits and vegetables directly from farms in Michigan and Wisconsin. It’s a passion project for him, his wife is LOADED.

Does he sell wine & preserves in the winter or will he be shutting down for the season?

Not sure what the plan is. Not sure there is a plan. Dude smokes A LOT of weed.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-06, 03:29

February was national cherry Month.  I just saw this article about how MSU is helping the industry.

I’m sure we all favor the sweet cherry over the tart. But I know we have people who bake and such. Pretty interesting stuff. I guess you don’t think there are people out there that have dedicated their life to this. Pretty cool they’re Spartans.

The bright fire-engine red color of the Montmorency tart cherry is recognized widely as the perfect shade of tart cherry red.

“To achieve this color, we found a region on the cherry genome that has a (specific) gene that controls this color,” Iezzoni says.

Thanks to recent advances in cherry genomics, Iezzoni’s team could scan the cherry genome to look for this major red color gene. Variants of this gene now are used to preselect breeding materials with the desirable fruit color, thereby increasing the efficiency of the breeding program.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-03-06, 10:24

Coming into Strawberry season in FL.

When shopping at your local grocer look for strawberries from Plant City FL. For commercially grown the Plant City berries are much better. The CA grown strawberries don’t have the robust taste.

When I buy apples I have no clue how long or where they were stored before showing up to market.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-03-06, 12:19

Your avocado prices are going up. Also coming into some of the better tasting ones, as they have higher oil content.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-30, 17:52

I believe I can eat 30 Kiwi fruit in one sitting. Peeled and sliced. I can do it in 15 minutes I’d push it to 40 in 20 minutes for a 100 dollar bet.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2021-03-30, 17:55

40 in 20 for $100. You're on. Must live stream on tSwill.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-03-30, 17:56

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:40 in 20 for $100. You're on. Must live stream on tSwill.

Oh shit man, I might have bit off more than I can chew or swallow.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-05-13, 00:14

It's the best time of year guys.  Give me some of your favorite  fruit stories.  

Oh, and as a public service announcement.  

It's fresh fruit time:  ITT we help each other find, buy and store the best, freshest fruit we've found or bought Img_5310
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-05-13, 03:48

The only story I want to hear is how Travis enjoyed his Paw Paw.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-05-13, 05:45

Nice memory greenway.

I probably still have a frozen loaf or several of paw paw bread from the fall harvest if you’d like me to drop one off for you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next