Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Birthday, America - A Mass Shooting in Suburban Chicago..

+11
Pervis Muldoon
Travis of the Cosmos
Rick Saunders
DWags
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
kingstonlake
duffy munn
PennSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
15 posters

Go down

Happy Birthday, America - A Mass Shooting in Suburban Chicago.. Empty Happy Birthday, America - A Mass Shooting in Suburban Chicago..

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:25 pm

And not the scary Chicago with the scary black people.

White, suburban Chicago.

I'm sure the 'pro-life' christians are upset and outraged.

Congrats to the GOP and NRA.. good luck with your fundraising on the backs of the worst day of these people's lives.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday, America - A Mass Shooting in Suburban Chicago.. Empty Re: Happy Birthday, America - A Mass Shooting in Suburban Chicago..

Post by PennSpartan Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:31 pm

America does love “fireworks” on the 4th.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday, America - A Mass Shooting in Suburban Chicago.. Empty Re: Happy Birthday, America - A Mass Shooting in Suburban Chicago..

Post by duffy munn Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:38 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:And not the scary Chicago with the scary black people.

White, suburban Chicago.

I'm sure the 'pro-life' christians are upset and outraged.

Congrats to the GOP and NRA.. good luck with your fundraising on the backs of the worst day of these people's lives.

The shooter is a Patriot Bob
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:20 pm

[tw]1544018331325591553?s=21&t=PPr5mOmAmj0Otf4ceUE44g[/tw]
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:58 pm

They’re not monsters. They’re men and boys warped by a social contagion stew of grievance, pseudo masculinity, and guns. We have failed as a society if we can’t rip it out by the root. I know we’re supposed to pretend that the shooters are just crazy, but I don’t think they are. They’re broken.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:53 pm

Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and mass shootings. Doesn't get any more American than that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:56 pm

Rocinante wrote:They’re not monsters. They’re men and boys warped by a social contagion stew of grievance, pseudo masculinity, and guns. We have failed as a society if we can’t rip it out by the root. I know we’re supposed to pretend that the shooters are just crazy, but I don’t think they are. They’re broken.
Then we’re screwed. The new gun bill will keep guns out of their hands if they’re crazy. But not if they’re just broken.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:25 pm

Saw a picture of the freedom-lovin' patriot at {gasp} one of the racist, bigoted, christian sexual predator's rallies.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:59 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and mass shootings. Doesn't get any more American than that.

Mass shootings in America. A tradition unlike any other.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:13 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Saw a picture of the freedom-lovin' patriot at {gasp} one of the racist, bigoted, christian sexual predator's rallies.

Duh
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:26 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Saw a picture of the freedom-lovin' patriot at {gasp} one of the racist, bigoted, christian sexual predator's rallies.

[tw]1544085608167088129?s=21&t=gyeWBPHb_H6Yj1JWzsryLg[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:46 am

DWags wrote:

Dressed as Waldo?
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:25 am

DWags wrote:

a mass shooting at a parade designed for families to celebrate "freedom" is exactly what the republicans want.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:36 am

PennSpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

Dressed as Waldo?

I also get Kid Rock vibes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:17 am

Rocinante wrote:They’re not monsters. They’re men and boys warped by a social contagion stew of grievance, pseudo masculinity, and guns. We have failed as a society if we can’t rip it out by the root. I know we’re supposed to pretend that the shooters are just crazy, but I don’t think they are. They’re broken.

I want to state up front that I am a feminist and a white male who understands many of the advantages I have had (or could have had) and that women are widely discriminated against (including by women). But movement in our society is also causing a detrimental effect on young men. The average young adult woman believes women should make as much as men. That average young adult (heterosexual) woman also believes her partner should make more than her. This cannot be tru on average leading to disappointment both in young adult women and men.

This is a toxic combination:

https://www.profgalloway.com/a-fewer-good-men/
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:23 am

Rick Saunders wrote:

I want to state up front that I am a feminist and a white male who understands many of the advantages I have had (or could have had) and that women are widely discriminated against (including by women). But movement in our society is also causing a detrimental effect on young men. The average young adult woman believes women should make as much as men. That average young adult (heterosexual) woman also believes her partner should make more than her. This cannot be tru on average leading to disappointment both in young adult women and men.

That makes sense. on the other hand, these shooter types are typically 15 minutes out of high school. I’m not sure the brunt of unrepentant capitalism has really come down on them yet when no one their age is making money, I mean not real money at least.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:43 am

Rick Saunders wrote:

I was going to reply that partners and salaries aren't fueling the shootings because the shooters don't have partners. They need to get laid.

Then I read your link, which basically says they need to get laid.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:40 pm

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:

I was going to reply that partners and salaries aren't fueling the shootings because the shooters don't have partners. They need to get laid.

Maybe the solution is legalized prostitution. Cheaper than guns, too.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:31 pm

PennSpartan wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Maybe the solution is legalized prostitution. Cheaper than guns, too.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if we lived in a country where prostitution was legal but abortion was not. I'd love to hear the right's legal/logical underpinnings on that one.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:39 pm

The Trump connection is tenuous at best. Trump is an empty vessel that disaffected white male youth has projected whatever they want onto. They don’t believe half the stuff the dude says because that’s not the point. The point is he’s an agent of chaos and that’s what they are attracted to. Nothing means anything to these men because they don’t believe in anything. Not in America, not in God, not in service or selflessness. They have grievance because they believe they deserve better, they have anger because they are undesirable, they are nihilists because they have no sense that morality matters.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:42 pm

If someone with the tiniest bit of organizational talent can give these guys a purpose, you’ll have your brown shirts.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:18 pm

Rocinante wrote:The Trump connection is tenuous at best. Trump is an empty vessel that disaffected white male youth has projected whatever they want onto. They don’t believe half the stuff the dude says because that’s not the point. The point is he’s an agent of chaos and that’s what they are attracted to. Nothing means anything to these men because they don’t believe in anything. Not in America, not in God, not in service or selflessness. They have grievance because they believe they deserve better, they have anger because they are undesirable, they are nihilists because they have no sense that morality matters.

Does this suggest we need a national movement to teach parents how to be parents, assuming the issue is nurture?

The Oxford parents who ignored their son's cry's for help come to mind.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:11 pm

That movement, however well intentioned would just be another partisan divide. What we need is an identity to rally behind. Maybe our only hope is an alien invasion. Or maybe the descent into fascism is inevitable and we gain our identity out of what comes out of that fire. I’m not sure there’s a way out that doesn’t involve a lot of violence and suffering.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:04 pm

Wow, the shooter actually drove up to Madison Wisconsin after he had killed those seven people at the parade in Illinois, and was contemplating killing more people at a gathering in Madison. Don’t know why he went back to Highland Park. But he got all the way up to Madison and came back. Scary stuff
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:00 pm

Illinois GOP governor candidate says time to “move on” and “celebrate” — hours after July 4 shooting

well at least he didn't offer a hollow "thoughts and prayers"

https://www.salon.com/2022/07/05/illinois-governor-candidate-says-time-to-move-on-and-celebrate--hours-after-july-4/
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:18 pm

We have reached the “Democrats are trying to deny me the right to shoot my grandchildren to protect their lives” part of the program.

[tw]1544798309172203520?s=21&t=bbox51el5Mk7E0Uhe_WCHA[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:21 pm

Turtleneck wrote:We have reached the “Democrats are trying to deny me the right to shoot my grandchildren to protect their lives” part of the program.

[tw]1544798309172203520?s=21&t=bbox51el5Mk7E0Uhe_WCHA[/tw]

She’s drunk. She has to be.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:03 pm

[tw]1544729967296188416?s=20&t=hscKwouDKlSfZFhE3QR0_g[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:40 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
Rocinante wrote:The Trump connection is tenuous at best. Trump is an empty vessel that disaffected white male youth has projected whatever they want onto. They don’t believe half the stuff the dude says because that’s not the point. The point is he’s an agent of chaos and that’s what they are attracted to. Nothing means anything to these men because they don’t believe in anything. Not in America, not in God, not in service or selflessness. They have grievance because they believe they deserve better, they have anger because they are undesirable, they are nihilists because they have no sense that morality matters.

Does this suggest we need a national movement to teach parents how to be parents, assuming the issue is nurture?

The Oxford parents who ignored their son's cry's for help come to mind.

If women wanting to bear a child and their partners had to go through the same screening and interviews prospective adopting parents get put through prior to conceiving a child there’d be a helluva lot few kids.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:19 pm

Turtleneck wrote:[tw]1544729967296188416?s=20&t=hscKwouDKlSfZFhE3QR0_g[/tw]

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:01 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:[tw]1544729967296188416?s=20&t=hscKwouDKlSfZFhE3QR0_g[/tw]

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ?
The idiots bought the propaganda... guns are just tools, etc. So these dipshits see know reason to not get them for everyone.

They can't even put 1 and 1 together in their own home.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down