Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger Woods WD's Again.

+13
Ass Dan
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
By-Tor
tTito
Dr. Strangelove
tanfan!
InTenSity
Gomer
beal99
Hut1hut2
duffy munn
CrazySparty
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tiger Woods WD's Again.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Tiger Woods WD's Again.

Post by Rodeo Burger Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:32 pm

I'd be in bad shape if I hit 5000 balls and played 108 holes of golf. But that's because I haven't golfed in a couple years.

Anyone that does it routinely won't have much of a problem with it. I'd likely pull a muscle well before I finished the challenge though. That's not because of the workout, that's because I'm just not in shape or limber enough to take on the regiment that a professional does.

I'm sure I'd struggle to roll a bowling ball as much as a pro does on a daily basis, or drive my car at top speed for 3 hours like a Nascar driver does too.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:40 pm

duffy munn wrote:

We could stick Cabrera's fat ass in goal and let him smoke.

And hope the two shots he faces all game hit him in the gut.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:51 pm

Phil McCrackin wrote:

We can play semantics if you want, but guys generally think golf is "non-athletic" because it generally is.  
Professional golf requires about the same level of athleticism that professional darts or billiards requires.

My 4 year old niece can ride a bike, swim, and run. My point is a triathlon is definitely a physical demand. Big fucking deal. Some idiot devised a competition that took three rather mundane tasks and scaled them to extremes to create a competition. Again, big deal. I could start the 80acre push mower world championships. Would it be physically demanding? Of course. doesn't really make you an athlete. There are mental aspects of golf no triathlete will ever see. Trajectory, wind direction, slope of the green, grain of the green surface, how are the previous affected by a body of water on either side of it. Which club is best to perform the task with the option of choosing a different club and recalculating everything mentioned. Does the player want to play a fade or draw? Learning the umpteen rules of the game, knowing if your swing speed is off by a mph or two, everything you calculated is all for naught. Oh, and the kicker? There are over a 100 other guys doing the same thing every week and if they do it better, you don't eat that week. Is a triathlon more physically demanding than a tour event? No doubt. Is more skill required? Not a chance in hell.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:54 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

My 4 year old niece can ride a bike, swim, and run.  My point is a triathlon is definitely a physical demand.  Big fucking deal.  Some idiot devised a competition that took three rather mundane tasks and scaled them to extremes to create a competition.  Again, big deal.  I could start the 80acre push mower world championships.  Would it be physically demanding?  Of course.  doesn't really make you an athlete.  There are mental aspects of golf no triathlete will ever see.  Trajectory, wind direction, slope of the green, grain of the green surface, how are the previous affected by a body of water on either side of it.  Which club is best to perform the task with the option of choosing a different club and recalculating everything mentioned.  Does the player want to play a fade or draw?  Learning the umpteen rules of the game, knowing if your swing speed is off by a mph or two, everything you calculated is all for naught.  Oh, and the kicker?  There are over a 100 other guys doing the same thing every week and if they do it better, you don't eat that week.  Is a triathlon more physically demanding than a tour event?  No doubt.  Is more skill required?  Not a chance in hell.

But can your 4 year old niece play rec soccer ? Or shoot pool or throw darts ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:57 pm

duffy munn wrote:

But can your 4 year old niece play rec soccer ? Or shoot pool or throw darts ?

Oh come on, she's not a genetic freak.........
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:59 pm

I'd also guess that the.... ahem...."supplements"...cough... cough... triathletes use would be banned in most "athletic" sports or the PGA tour. Just sayin...
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:06 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

My 4 year old niece can ride a bike, swim, and run.  My point is a triathlon is definitely a physical demand.  Big fucking deal.  Some idiot devised a competition that took three rather mundane tasks and scaled them to extremes to create a competition.  Again, big deal.  I could start the 80acre push mower world championships.  Would it be physically demanding?  Of course.  doesn't really make you an athlete.  There are mental aspects of golf no triathlete will ever see.  Trajectory, wind direction, slope of the green, grain of the green surface, how are the previous affected by a body of water on either side of it.  Which club is best to perform the task with the option of choosing a different club and recalculating everything mentioned.  Does the player want to play a fade or draw?  Learning the umpteen rules of the game, knowing if your swing speed is off by a mph or two, everything you calculated is all for naught.  Oh, and the kicker?  There are over a 100 other guys doing the same thing every week and if they do it better, you don't eat that week.  Is a triathlon more physically demanding than a tour event?  No doubt.  Is more skill required?  Not a chance in hell.

I never said golf was easy or that pro golfers had no talent, just that it's not an athletic sport and being athletic seems to have little to do with being good at golf.

kingstonlake wrote:I'd also guess that the.... ahem...."supplements"...cough... cough... triathletes use would be banned in most "athletic" sports or the PGA tour. Just sayin...

Ironic given all the people claiming that Woods is/was juicing.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2