Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOIL WATER ADVISORY for areas of metro Detroit

5 posters

Go down

BOIL WATER ADVISORY for areas of metro Detroit  Empty BOIL WATER ADVISORY for areas of metro Detroit

Post by tGreenWay 8/13/2022, 11:29 am

Twenty-three communities affected:

Great Lakes Water Authority main break triggers boil water advisory for 23 communities

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/macomb-county/2022/08/13/great-lakes-water-authority-main-break-triggers-boil-advisory-23-communities/10317732002/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

BOIL WATER ADVISORY for areas of metro Detroit  Empty Re: BOIL WATER ADVISORY for areas of metro Detroit

Post by Floyd Robertson 8/13/2022, 11:42 am

It seems things like public heath advisories wouldn't be behind a paywall but then what do I know.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags, gomersbro, Nordic and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

BOIL WATER ADVISORY for areas of metro Detroit  Empty Re: BOIL WATER ADVISORY for areas of metro Detroit

Post by GRR Spartan 8/13/2022, 2:19 pm

Think of the money county drain commissioners saved for 40+ years kicking county treatment facility improvements down the road.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 8/15/2022, 9:46 am

It looks like I'm going to be boiling water for up to two more weeks, so that will be fun.

BTW, a watched pot does boil. Eventually. I saw it yesterday.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 8/15/2022, 4:56 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:It looks like I'm going to be boiling water for up to two more weeks, so that will be fun.

Sorry Floyd. Ours got lifted yesterday. But my kids daycare was closed. Although they got approval from their legal person to operate tomorrow. We just all have to bring in water for our kids.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 8/15/2022, 5:18 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:It looks like I'm going to be boiling water for up to two more weeks, so that will be fun.

That doesn’t mean you don’t have to shower for two weeks. We want Floyd posting here, not Smelly Floyd.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 8/15/2022, 5:21 pm

Advisory was lifted here yesterday. Wasn't worried anyway because the water pressure seemed normal.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 8/15/2022, 5:28 pm

Dendrobates wrote:

Sorry Floyd. Ours got lifted yesterday. But my kids daycare was closed. Although they got approval from their legal person to operate tomorrow. We just all have to bring in water for our kids.

Whoooweee, glad the daycare situation got resolved. That could rain on your parade.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 8/15/2022, 5:29 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

That doesn’t mean you don’t have to shower for two weeks. We want Floyd posting here, not Smelly Floyd.

I've already taken two. I probably ingested some bad shit and dead Floyd will be posting before smelly Floyd.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 8/15/2022, 7:14 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I've already taken two. I probably ingested some bad shit and dead Floyd will be posting before smelly Floyd.

I can assure you Dead Floyd will also be smelly Floyd.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 8/15/2022, 8:27 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Whoooweee, glad the daycare situation got resolved. That could rain on your parade.

I got lucky the in-laws could take them today. But I had one day only
So I got really lucky.

Any of the stores get more water? I heard some places were handing some out for free.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 8/15/2022, 8:51 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

So I got really lucky.

Any of the stores get more water? I heard some places were handing some out for free.
Plenty of Gatorade at most stores
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 8/15/2022, 8:56 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

So I got really lucky.

Plenty of Gatorade at most stores

BOIL WATER ADVISORY for areas of metro Detroit  Images14
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 8/15/2022, 9:02 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

So I got really lucky.

My instincts told me to avoid nearby stores because they'd be out. I heard there was a line out the door at the Hall Rd Costco yesterday from just people wanting water and they sold out. I've got the boiling down for home, but needed a few cases for our office l. I went out of the area to hit the Meijer at Van Dyke & Metro Pkwy at 7:30 this morning and got what I needed, minus some gallon jugs which were all gone.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 8/15/2022, 9:21 pm

If any of you affected by this need bottled water, let me know and I can check our stores, then meet you halfway. If our stores are low or out because they’ve shifted stock to your area, I have 3-4 cases I keep on hand if we run into a problem here. You’re welcome to it. We are down to one car at the moment, while the other is being retrofitted for a flux capacitor, but I’m sure we can figure something out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Dendrobates like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 8/16/2022, 1:31 pm

tGreenWay wrote:If any of you affected by this need bottled water, let me know and I can check our stores, then meet you halfway. If our stores are low or out because they’ve shifted stock to your area, I have 3-4 cases I keep on hand if we run into a problem here. You’re welcome to it. We are down to one car at the moment, while the other is being retrofitted for a flux capacitor, but I’m sure we can figure something out.

Thanks Greenway.
I think I'm ok. I have to supply a gallon of water for each kid at daycare. But my area is now good. So I can just fill up mine from home to bring in.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down