Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua. Wow, that was messed up.

+7
Trapper Gus
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Cameron
DWags
11 posters

Go down

Tua.  Wow, that was messed up.  Empty Tua. Wow, that was messed up.

Post by DWags Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:06 pm

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say there will be some inquiries made as to how he beat concussion protocol
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tua.  Wow, that was messed up.  Empty Re: Tua. Wow, that was messed up.

Post by Cameron Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:21 pm

Whenever you see a guy throwing up inadvertent gang signs, you know shit is serious.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:19 am

DWags wrote:I’m gonna go out on a limb and say there will be some inquiries made as to how he beat concussion protocol

They got some splainin to do.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:32 am

Tua shouldn’t have been playing obviously… and this isn’t the most important thing here, but I can’t help but look back on all the times in the last 3 weeks where I’ve been watching a game (I only watch the lions so I don’t really know if this is happening all throughout the league) and I said to myself “wait isn’t that intentional grounding? Did I forget the rules of intentional grounding or something?” It’s gotta be like 6-7 times in just a few weeks. Anyway, this defender made sure that that didn’t happen as quickly as possible. Maybe calling that penalty more frequently when the qb is clearly just avoiding a sack is a part of player safety as much as anything else.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:20 am

I don't think the tackle was all that bad. Tua got spun around over the tacklers legs which took Tua's legs out from under him making the fall to the ground worse than it would have been. Pretty unintentional if you ask me.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:33 am

Motown Spartan wrote:I don't think the tackle was all that bad. Tua got spun around over the tacklers legs which took Tua's legs out from under him making the fall to the ground worse than it would have been. Pretty unintentional if you ask me.

I don't think it was either. And the hit on Sunday wasn't that bad.

I think he has some neurological issues beyond a concussion.

He never should have been allowed to come back in on Sunday. The Dolphins are going to face some intense scrutiny in how they handle this.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:20 am

But logically what happened that allowed him to play? Did Ross pay off the independent neurologist? Is the neurologist incompetent? Or did McDaniel decide to just flush his career down the toilet after only 4 games as HC by playing him anyway and then intentionally lying and throwing the neurologist under the bus?

I mean, the only other option would be that randoms on the internet are not qualified medical experts who had tested Tua, but we know that can't be (and FWIW, I'm not saying that this wasn't shady by the Dolphins or the doctor, just that we don't know at this point).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:24 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:But logically what happened that allowed him to play? Did Ross pay off the independent neurologist? Is the neurologist incompetent? Or did McDaniel decide to just flush his career down the toilet after only 4 games as HC by playing him anyway and then intentionally lying and throwing the neurologist under the bus?

I mean, the only other option would be that randoms on the internet are not qualified medical experts who had tested Tua, but we know that can't be (and FWIW, I'm not saying that this wasn't shady by the Dolphins or the doctor, just that we don't know at this point).

While what you’ve just posted makes complete sense, there are way too many ex professionals that say it is the culture of the NFL to put the player before the person. We call the independent neurologist that the NFL players completely independent and we certainly hope they are but again it is the culture of the league that puts the talent before the individual that possesses it.

Tua is an adult, But regardless of what the doctors said, what would you have suggested as his parents if you had saw him stagger in fall five days earlier in a game? I think we all would put the person before the player.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:44 am

Based on what is known about the damage playing football at the NFL level does to the persons, we would outlaw football altogether.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:45 am

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:But logically what happened that allowed him to play? Did Ross pay off the independent neurologist? Is the neurologist incompetent? Or did McDaniel decide to just flush his career down the toilet after only 4 games as HC by playing him anyway and then intentionally lying and throwing the neurologist under the bus?

While what you’ve just posted makes complete sense, there are way too many ex professionals that say it is the culture of the NFL to put the player before the person. We call the independent neurologist that the NFL players completely independent and we certainly hope they are but again it is the culture of the league that puts the talent before the individual that possesses it.

Tua is an adult, But regardless of what the doctors said, what would you have suggested as his parents if you had saw him stagger in fall five days earlier in a game? I think we all would put the person before the player.

All fair points. I guess I'm thinking that the independent neurologist should be independent and/or at least value his career/reputation/freedom. But I guess if the NFL is paying you, you don't need a regular career reputation. However, at some point, something is going to happen that gets criminal investigators involved if a doctor is knowingly clearing someone that should not be cleared, and then they die.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:22 am

There is no way he should have been allowed to return to the Bills game after his injury under the concussion protocol.   If a player staggers or is unstable after a hit the protocol mandates they cannot return.  FWIW, the "fencing response" he had in the Bengals game again mandates the player cannot return.

The Dolphins claim that his stagger after the hit in the Bills game was due to a "back injury" and not due to his head slamming against the turf.  I am not a doctor, but come one that is Putin level BS.

Here is a video of the injury and stagger in the Bills game:  The link should be valid, just click "Watch on YouTube" as the NFL wont let it display on another website.  

MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:04 am

Second Impact Syndrome

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK448119/#:~:text=Second%20impact%20syndrome%20(SIS)%2C,from%20an%20initial%20head%20injury.

"the syndrome is often deadly"
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:24 am

Somebody, maybe more than one somebody, is gonna lose a job over this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:26 am

DWags wrote:

yep.

It's the role of the professionals within the organization (medical staff, coaching staff) to protect the players from themselves.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:48 am

I just want the players to be able to follow their bliss.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:14 pm

MSU addict wrote:There is no way he should have been allowed to return to the Bills game after his injury under the concussion protocol.   If a player staggers or is unstable after a hit the protocol mandates they cannot return.  FWIW, the "fencing response" he had in the Bengals game again mandates the player cannot return.

The Dolphins claim that his stagger after the hit in the Bills game was due to a "back injury" and not due to his head slamming against the turf.  I am not a doctor, but come one that is Putin level BS.

Here is a video of the injury and stagger in the Bills game:  The link should be valid, just click "Watch on YouTube" as the NFL wont let it display on another website.  

He never should have went back in the game on Sunday. That loophole is going to get closed.

And how was he discharged and allowed to fly home on the team plane last night?

Another bad decision.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:16 pm

I don't know if Ross has any blame here, but I am going to assign it anyway. That guy is filthy.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down