Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+30
Robert J Sakimano
dadmansabode
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
y2kMgrad
NigelUno
InTenSity
steveschneider
Pervis Muldoon
Wally Fairway
duffy munn
aualum06
Rick Saunders
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
gomersbro
Travis of the Cosmos
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
DWags
Nordic
MSU addict
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
Dendrobates
The Pantry
34 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 13 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by DWags Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:51 pm

[tw]1620776460981276672?s=46&t=NOkrDN64DB1Odf8j36bJOg[/tw]
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:42 pm

I fell asleep during Wakanda Forever. It just bored me. I grew up reading comics and i am one of those viewers who thinks these can’t get too silly for me. I liked The last two thor movies. I like ant man. I like Loki. But they can get too serious. Eternals, BP, too serious. Keep it light. These are flipping superheroes after all. /rant
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:19 pm

Rocinante wrote:I fell asleep during Wakanda Forever. It just bored me. I grew up reading comics and i am one of those viewers who thinks these can’t get too silly for me. I liked The last two thor movies. I like ant man. I like Loki. But they can get too serious. Eternals, BP, too serious. Keep it light. These are flipping superheroes after all. /rant
What, in the flying fuck, are you talking about? Settle down.

Please. Watch some 2 & a half, LMS, Andy Griffith, Raymond, Mom, King of Queens to regain some sense of reality.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:16 pm

When I’m working on my douchbag bonafides, I’ll get right on that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:40 am

Rocinante wrote:I fell asleep during Wakanda Forever. It just bored me. I grew up reading comics and i am one of those viewers who thinks these can’t get too silly for me. I liked The last two thor movies. I like ant man. I like Loki. But they can get too serious. Eternals, BP, too serious. Keep it light. These are flipping superheroes after all. /rant

I haven't seen it yet, but I plan on it. I liked how those movies can be serious, but funny as well. If it's so serious, that would be disappointing.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:57 am

marvel and most super hero movies fucking suck
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:56 pm

For someone who grew up absolutely loving all things super hero and spent a large amount of my young childhood playing with action figures, I have seen a very small percentage of the MCU stuff, mostly the earlier ones (first 2 Iron Mans, first Thor, that's most of it). I get that you can probably get 90% of the enjoyment for most of them as stand alone features, but I'm not interested in watching 30 fucking movies so that all of End Game or Infinity War or whatever the last one is makes total sense the whole way through. Too much synergy renders the whole enterprise esoteric, on some level.

Also, TV >>>>>movies. I'd rather crush two episodes of Better Call Saul than sit through Aquaman 4 or whatever the fuck. If I'm watching super hero content in the year of our lord two thousand twenty three, you better believe Homelander features prominently.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:33 pm

Cameron wrote:For someone who grew up absolutely loving all things super hero and spent a large amount of my young childhood playing with action figures, I have seen a very small percentage of the MCU stuff, mostly the earlier ones (first 2 Iron Mans, first Thor, that's most of it). I get that you can probably get 90% of the enjoyment for most of them as stand alone features, but I'm not interested in watching 30 fucking movies so that all of End Game or Infinity War or whatever the last one is makes total sense the whole way through. Too much synergy renders the whole enterprise esoteric, on some level.

Also, TV >>>>>movies. I'd rather crush two episodes of Better Call Saul than sit through Aquaman 4 or whatever the fuck. If I'm watching super hero content in the year of our lord two thousand twenty three, you better believe Homelander features prominently.

I like that show mostly because I have a boner for Karl Urban, but sometimes I feel like they sacrifice story for lols and it’s hit or miss.

I’m taking a wait and see with this round of marvel. I love the secret wars saga. It was my jam as a kid, and I really liked Loki and Wanda Vision (although is Scarlett Witch done now since Dr. Strange 2? Don’t know). It really all depends what characters they center the new universe on. I haven’t seen one of the newer characters that can root the universe like Stark and Cap. None of them are leaders. Anthony Mackie tries to be but I don’t buy it. Dr Strange? No. Banner? No. Who else has the qualities that can pull everyone around them when the time comes? It could fizzle if there isn’t just a badass that comes along. Just don’t know who that possibly could be.

So yeah I like superhero movies. Sue me.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:33 pm

There has been sickness in my house since Thanksgiving. Now my 2 year old has strep throat AND Influenza A .
I'm over it.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:39 pm

Saw the first couple Batman movies and the first Spiderman. Haven't watched any superhero movies since. Not my cup of tea.

The movies Red and Red 2 are supposedly tied into DC Comics...don't know how/why. No superhero stuff. Really like both of them. Nice mix of action and comedy.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:42 pm

Dendrobates wrote:There has been sickness in my house since Thanksgiving. Now my 2 year old has strep throat AND Influenza A .
I'm over it.
Where did she get those? Take her to the pediatrician's office lately?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:50 pm

The Pantry wrote:Saw the first couple Batman movies and the first Spiderman.  Haven't watched any superhero movies since.  Not my cup of tea.

The movies Red and Red 2 are supposedly tied into DC Comics...don't know how/why.  No superhero stuff.  Really like both of them.  Nice mix of action and comedy.

I am in the batman vs superman movie. Around 2.5 minutes in. You can see my backside clearly. I'm so famous. Random Ramblings - Page 13 502811600
The movie was awful

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:There has been sickness in my house since Thanksgiving. Now my 2 year old has strep throat AND Influenza A .
I'm over it.
Where did she get those?  Take her to the pediatrician's office lately?

Daycare. A constant petri dish.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:44 pm

I'm over it.

Seriously it’s a wonder we’re not perpetually sick. Ours always have runny noses at the very least.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:07 pm

Rocinante wrote:
I'm over it.

Seriously it’s a wonder we’re not perpetually sick. Ours always have runny noses at the very least.
That we're not perpetually sick is due to facing previous bugs...? Random Ramblings - Page 13 2599972566
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:12 pm

Thanks doc. What would I do without you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:45 pm

Rocinante wrote:
I'm over it.

When we were first married the wife was lobbying for the natural gas industry. Her job took her away from the house many days. I’d guess over 180 a year.  My job kept me at the school till late at night many nights due to need for supervision at events.  We had no relatives around. That meant day care a d on many days extended day care. My daughters constantly had ear infections a d strep. Constantly.  We made a tough decision to become poor and my wife took a buyout and became a stay at home for about 12 years.  I’m telling you, the sickness stopped dead cold. If my kids were sick once in five years I’m misremembering. Day cares are needed and important. But the amount of germs that are spread far exceeds any grade school or high school.  No matter how good the day care, those teachers can’t stop the spread.  

I think it’s a combination of lack of immune system strength as infants and just proximity you need to keep the kids in.  When your kids get out of daycare and get to grade school those sicknesses will go way down.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:27 am

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

When we were first married the wife was lobbying for the natural gas industry. Her job took her away from the house many days. I’d guess over 180 a year.  My job kept me at the school till late at night many nights due to need for supervision at events.  We had no relatives around. That meant day care a d on many days extended day care. My daughters constantly had ear infections a d strep. Constantly.  We made a tough decision to become poor and my wife took a buyout and became a stay at home for about 12 years.  I’m telling you, the sickness stopped dead cold. If my kids were sick once in five years I’m misremembering. Day cares are needed and important. But the amount of germs that are spread far exceeds any grade school or high school.  No matter how good the day care, those teachers can’t stop the spread.  

I think it’s a combination of lack of immune system strength as infants and just proximity you need to keep the kids in.  When your kids get out of daycare and get to grade school those sicknesses will go way down.

I know it's unavoidable when they're in daycare. It just sucks. And then I usually get sick too (never the hubby).
It's a great place, and I see them cleaning all the time. And they have a cleaner in the evenings as well. It just doesn't matter. It's impossible to avoid. It's just been so frustrating for me to cancel so many work appointments and constantly change my schedule.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:30 am

Dendrobates wrote:
DWags wrote:

I know it's unavoidable when they're in daycare. It just sucks. And then I usually get sick too (never the hubby).
It's a great place, and I see them cleaning all the time. And they have a cleaner in the evenings as well. It just doesn't matter. It's impossible to avoid. It's just been so frustrating for me to cancel so many work appointments and constantly change my schedule.

The issue is that kids love to share with each other, while sharing toys, etc, they share other things.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:11 pm

It's after 6 and it's not dark yet Random Ramblings - Page 13 3493939353

We've turned the corner.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, The Pantry, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:37 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Driving up Rochester road on the way to Addison Oaks mid-morning yesterday and had to detour around an accident scene. We could see the victim covered on the road, but didn't know til much later in the day that it was hit and run that happened before 6am. A lot of questions about how and why it happened, how avoidable this was and what a terrible start to the year for the family. Whoever was driving needs to step up and do the right thing. So infuriating.

22-year-old Shelby Township man killed in hit-and-run

Sounds like a real stand-up lady.

[tw]1623318736852643840[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:44 pm

Fuck that bitch. We have an extradition agreement with Thailand.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:48 pm

Nordic wrote:It's after 6 and it's not dark yet Random Ramblings - Page 13 3493939353

We've turned the corner.

Spring tease today. Sun is out. Snow melting. Birds chirping.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:59 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Driving up Rochester road on the way to Addison Oaks mid-morning yesterday and had to detour around an accident scene. We could see the victim covered on the road, but didn't know til much later in the day that it was hit and run that happened before 6am. A lot of questions about how and why it happened, how avoidable this was and what a terrible start to the year for the family. Whoever was driving needs to step up and do the right thing. So infuriating.

22-year-old Shelby Township man killed in hit-and-run

I got some fuzzy fourthhand details on this story. I mentioned before, I grew up in this hood and that road is sketchy as fuck to be walking at anytime during the day, but crazy to do so at night. Two lane 55mph road with no street lights for miles. So people fly. My old man was in a bad wreck near there (fine now) a few years ago.

Anyway, twife works with a lady that lives in the sub of the kid that was hit. Allegedly he was taking an Uber home from a party. Uber driver made him get out before making it to his house (draw your own conclusions). I heard Foglers farm which is about a mile north of the sub. She says they may go after the Uber driver too. Mainly because he showed that he dropped him off at his house.

All wild rumor and speculation.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:06 pm

Nordic wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I got some fuzzy fourthhand details on this story. I mentioned before, I grew up in this hood and that road is sketchy as fuck to be walking at anytime during the day, but crazy to do so at night. Two lane 55mph road with no street lights for miles. So people fly. My old man was in a bad wreck near there (fine now) a few years ago.

Anyway, twife works with a lady that lives in the sub of the kid that was hit. Allegedly he was taking an Uber home from a party. Uber driver made him get out before making it to his house (draw your own conclusions). I heard Foglers farm which is about a mile north of the sub. She says they may go after the Uber driver too. Mainly because he showed that he dropped him off at his house.

All wild rumor and speculation.

I heard that Uber story, too. I think it was actually reported on the news a month ago.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:44 pm

Don’t ever drink Malort.

During a bike race today, at an aid station conveniently named Hugs & Bacon I had to spin the Wheel of Destiny and it landed on Malort… I think they call it that because that is the flavor and the sound it makes when it come back up 5 minutes later. So I had about 8 miles to go with vomit and Malort aftertaste in my mouth.

Don’t ever drink Malort.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:39 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:Don’t ever drink Malort.

During a bike race today, at an aid station conveniently named Hugs & Bacon I had to spin the Wheel of Destiny and it landed on Malort… I think they call it that because that is the flavor and the sound it makes when it come back up 5 minutes later. So I had about 8 miles to go with vomit and Malort aftertaste in my mouth.

Don’t ever drink Malort.
Never tried the stuff but heard of it on the BBQ forum.  Has apparently grown to become a favorite joke drink at occasional gatherings they have around the country.

Scroll down the page for Jeppson's Malört description at BumWine.com.  Pretty funny site.  Click on each of the bottles pictured on their home page for a chuckle.

Random Ramblings - Page 13 Bumwin10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:01 pm

Don’t ever drink Malort.
Quoted your description of your experience in the Malort thread on the BBQ board.  Someone responded with this

Random Ramblings - Page 13 Malort12
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Motown Spartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:13 am

Like daylight saving time, presidents day needs to go away.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:15 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:Like daylight saving time, presidents day needs to go away.

No. We need more federal holidays, not less. Federal holidays every two weeks, I don’t care what you celebrate. We don’t have another one until Memorial Day, that’s crazy. Make earth day a federal holiday. At Patrick’s day. Whatever, I don’t care.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:16 am

The Pantry wrote:

Don’t ever drink Malort.
Quoted your description of your experience in the Malort thread on the BBQ board.  Someone responded with this

Random Ramblings - Page 13 Malort12

You know the smell of a dog’s anal gland? If you can imagine what that would taste like…or alcohol made from an old tire.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:43 am

If my account will be removed today why do they keep emailing me on a daily basis? Shouldn't it be over and done with?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:01 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Like daylight saving time, presidents day needs to go away.

No. We need more federal holidays, not less. Federal holidays every two weeks, I don’t care what you celebrate. We don’t have another one until Memorial Day, that’s crazy. Make earth day a federal holiday. At Patrick’s day. Whatever, I don’t care.

I like that, except for kids being out of school.
I hate that they make this week "mid winter break." It's an entire week of school, and spring break is in April. It costs me more money for daycare, and stress if they don't have room.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:44 am

So what's with the drug commercial where the chunky guy is super excited about wearing his bright red banana hammock? Exhibitionist? Sporting it Ironically?

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:46 pm

My daughter’s boyfriend is doing his residency downtown at DMC. He lives near there. He came over for dinner tonight and drove back home. He sent me this picture and said thie following. Pretty cool.

Bad picture but the bcbs building, ford field, and the Greek town casino have a green s, green lighting, and a green spartan strong logo up, respectively

Random Ramblings - Page 13 Ced5b910

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, Dendrobates and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:32 pm

So that fanatics commercial, what's with the stupid whale MSU t-shirt?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:17 pm

I got sucked into this crazy ass story. It's a wild one. The Netflix special is pretty good. Haven't seen the HBO version.

Alex Murdaugh indicted on murder charges: A summary and timeline
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:58 pm

Nordic wrote:I got sucked into this crazy ass story. It's a wild one. The Netflix special is pretty good. Haven't seen the HBO version.

Alex Murdaugh indicted on murder charges: A summary and timeline

The New Yorker ran an article about it.  South Carolina is one fucked up state.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:45 am

I haven't been on here at all for a few days. What I have I missed?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:58 am

Dendrobates wrote:I haven't been on here at all for a few days. What I have I missed?

We had a big lemon party on Monday and DWags won the lotto and gave everyone that showed up a million dollars.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:15 am

Motown Spartan wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I haven't been on here at all for a few days. What I have I missed?

We had a big lemon party on Monday and DWags won the lotto and gave everyone that showed up a million dollars.

FML.
I have the worst luck
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next