Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+30
Robert J Sakimano
dadmansabode
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
Heat Miser
kingstonlake
y2kMgrad
NigelUno
InTenSity
steveschneider
Pervis Muldoon
Wally Fairway
duffy munn
aualum06
Rick Saunders
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
gomersbro
Travis of the Cosmos
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
DWags
Nordic
MSU addict
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
Dendrobates
The Pantry
34 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings Empty Random Ramblings

Post by The Pantry Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:24 pm

tGreenWay wrote:The only thing worse that coffee beans ground for too short a time are coffee beans ground for too long a time. It’s like trying to pour hot water through flour. ☕☕☕
Get a decent burr mill.  Once dialed into your preference, it's load and forget.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Dendrobates Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:28 am

tGreenWay wrote:The only thing worse that coffee beans ground for too short a time are coffee beans ground for too long a time. It’s like trying to pour hot water through flour. ☕☕☕

Or just any coffee.
#overrated
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

MSU addict likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:44 am

Cmu move in day.
Pray for me.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

The Pantry, Dendrobates and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:56 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Cmu move in day.
Pray for me.

Good Luck, Joe - Freshman?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:50 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Cmu move in day.
Pray for me.

Today's was a second year transfer.

Wmu move in day tomorrow.
Pray for me.

(Like a 3rd-ish year transfer... they both started with the community college route due to the pandemic, etc. )
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:06 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Today's was a second year transfer.

Wmu move in day tomorrow.
Pray for me.

(Like a 3rd-ish year transfer... they both started with the community college route due to the pandemic, etc. )

Looks like you got through today ...

Two different moves in's in two days ... yiks

Though 20 years ago we had one in East Lansing and one in Ann Arbor starting the same year
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:10 pm

Really random - I'm I the only person in western culture that never gave a tinker's damm about Diana?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:02 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:Really random - I'm I the only person in western culture that never gave a tinker's damm about Diana?
Never cared for any of the royal family but liked her the best. Maybe there's some truth that only the good die young.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:20 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Really random - I'm I the only person in western culture that never gave a tinker's damm about Diana?
Never cared for any of the royal family but liked her the best. Maybe there's some truth that only the good die young.

She was not what her public image portrayed.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:25 pm

What's with the lume crotch odor commercial?

If it's to the stinking point the odor means it needs to be clean.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:49 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Never cared for any of the royal family but liked her the best. Maybe there's some truth that only the good die young.

She was not what her public image portrayed.
Please, go on Random Ramblings 276803595
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:45 am

Ohio man wakes from coma after being stung over 20,000 times by bees and swallowing dozens of them

From the town of Ripley, no less, so you believe it or not.

When life gives you lemons, go into a coma.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:37 pm

Left work about 3:45. Front lot was completely empty except for my vehicle.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:32 pm

The Pantry wrote:Left work about 3:45. Front lot was completely empty except for my vehicle.

You missed the memo.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:08 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Left work about 3:45.  Front lot was completely empty except for my vehicle.  

You missed the memo.
Checked the vacation list.  33 scheduled today off, including my boss.  Another 4-5 were out due to covid. A dozen cases in our office over the last two weeks. Facility guy reposted the capacity limit signs outside all our conference rooms today.

They have me (only) working OT on a quote that is ridiculous on every level.  Judging so far, will likely be $25+M in the end.  Project will barely fit in our building...literally the dimensions of a football field including the endzones.  We're a GM "strategic partner", whatever that means.  Don't think they're gonna like that much floor space taken up by a project for a competitor.

Clients/buyers timelime for the project is insane.  Got the RFQ two weeks ago and the quote is due week from Monday...will be lucky to finish it two weeks later.  They want the project designed, built, debugged, and ready to ship in 5 months lol!  Very complex. We couldn't even design it in 5 months.  Probably another 4-5 months to fab, machine, assemble, pipe & wire.  At least 6 months for debug before ready to ship.

Our main quoting competitor (they probably have 5-6 people working on it) has a major leg up on this quote for reasons I won't go into.  

Our upper management should have politely no quoted this project, but stuck me doing it.  Feeling really stressed and fried.

Gonna keep watching the Spartans (21-3) and get drunk!  GO GREEN!
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:55 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

You missed the memo.
Checked the vacation list.  33 scheduled today off, including my boss.  Another 4-5 were out due to covid. A dozen cases in our office over the last two weeks. Facility guy reposted the capacity limit signs outside all our conference rooms today.

They have me (only) working OT on a quote that is ridiculous on every level.  Judging so far, will likely be $25+M in the end.  Project will barely fit in our building...literally the dimensions of a football field including the endzones.  We're a GM "strategic partner", whatever that means.  Don't think they're gonna like that much floor space taken up by a project for a competitor.

Clients/buyers timelime for the project is insane.  Got the RFQ two weeks ago and the quote is due week from Monday...will be lucky to finish it two weeks later.  They want the project designed, built, debugged, and ready to ship in 5 months lol!  Very complex. We couldn't even design it in 5 months.  Probably another 4-5 months to fab, machine, assemble, pipe & wire.  At least 6 months for debug before ready to ship.

Our main quoting competitor (they probably have 5-6 people working on it) has a major leg up on this quote for reasons I won't go into.  

Our upper management should have politely no quoted this project, but stuck me doing it.  Feeling really stressed and fried.

Sorry but the UM is correct, and they have put just as much manpower on it as it deserves, sucks that you are the stuckie ...

Cannot "no-quote" a possible customer, but doesn't mean the quote has to be competitive ...

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:38 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Sorry but the UM is correct, and they have put just as much manpower on it as it deserves, sucks that you are the stuckie ...

Cannot "no-quote" a possible customer, but doesn't mean the quote has to be competitive ...

No idea how the clients buyer put us on the list, which I believe is very short. Couple of our competitors already no-quoted. You can no-quote based on their timeline and expectations of deliverables.

Owner of the first company I worked for in this business had a saying, "Price, delivery, quality. Pick any two." That was years before ISO came around, but still true.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:35 am

The Pantry wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

No idea how the clients buyer put us on the list, which I believe is very short. Couple of our competitors already no-quoted. You can no-quote based on their timeline and expectations of deliverables.

Owner of the first company I worked for in this business had a saying, "Price, delivery, quality. Pick any two." That was years before ISO came around, but still true.

Okay, I stand corrected.

Your UM seems to think they have a shot at this or future business, I guess.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:14 pm

Like all cubes, a Rubik's cube has 6 sides - green, white, red, orange, blue and yellow.  The six squares in the center of the cube are fixed so the color orientation cannot change.

On the cube - green is opposite of blue and white opposes yellow.

Erno Rubik was genius on more than one level.

Last edited by MSU addict on Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:37 pm

MSU addict wrote:Like all cubes, a Rubik's cube had 6 sides - green, white, red, orange, blue and yellow.  The six squares in the center of the cube are fixed so the color orientation cannot change.

On the cube - green is opposite of blue, and white opposes yellow.

Gave my daughter a Rubik's cube one day. She showed it completed 5-10 minutes later. At first thought she was a genius, until discovering she'd just peeled off the color stickers and replaced them.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Trapper Gus and MSU addict like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:01 pm

The Pantry wrote:
MSU addict wrote:Like all cubes, a Rubik's cube had 6 sides - green, white, red, orange, blue and yellow.  The six squares in the center of the cube are fixed so the color orientation cannot change.

On the cube - green is opposite of blue, and white opposes yellow.

Gave my daughter a Rubik's cube one day.  She showed it completed 5-10 minutes later.  At first thought she was a genius, until discovering she'd just peeled off the color stickers and replaced them.
Cute.  

FWIW, the newer ones do not have stickers.  To keep the black border around the square they have an inset colored plastic piece (the true Rubik's cube).  Most speed cubes just solid colored plastic blocks and they move much easier.  You can still always take them apart or spin the corner pieces though.  

I am a bit of a "speed cubist" - not at any competitive level but on a good day I can solve one in about a minute.   Well could when I was younger anyway.  It takes a lot of everyday practice to keep up that speed.  Now it takes me closer to two minutes (I just timed myself).  It does not take a genius, once you learn how to solve them it is pretty easy.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:47 pm

I could pop off a corner, disassemble and reassemble in under 30s.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:11 pm

Unsure where this goes ...

Of all the Born movies I like the first one way best ...

the other four all had stupid crazy vehicle chases for the last 15 minutes ... boring ...

In order, skipping the car chases ... 1, 2 (filmed on location in Russia), 4 (motorcycle chase better than cars), 3 (closes the story line, but stupid choice to use Germany rather than Russia for the Russian scenes) then 5 (a money grab by all involved)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:38 pm

A night drunk pizza is pretty great.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:47 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:A night drunk pizza is pretty great.

So we’re BJ’s. But at a certain age Pizza took over. Welcome aboard.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:20 am

Today is one of those days where it would be amazing to just be naked all day in bed, have sex multiple times, eat junk food, and have some beers.

But dammit, I've got little kids.
Some day I will get that again.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:26 pm

Dendrobates wrote:Today is one of those days where it would be amazing to just be naked all day in bed, have sex multiple times, eat junk food, and have some beers.

But... the Lions are on.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Dendrobates and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:01 pm

Dendrobates wrote:Today is one of those days where it would be amazing to just be naked all day in bed, have sex multiple times, eat junk food, and have some beers.

Saying that it is "One of those days where it would be amazing" implies that there are days when that wouldn't be amazing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:02 pm

MSU addict wrote:

But... the Lions are on.

We have a TV in our bedroom. We could still watch the lions
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:12 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
MSU addict wrote:But... the Lions are on.

Just lock the kids in the basement with a big bowl of popcorn, toys, and a TV.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:20 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Just lock the kids in the basement with a big bowl of popcorn, toys, and a TV.

Why won't my kids just sit in front of the TV? Random Ramblings 4177874726
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:27 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Just lock the kids in the basement with a big bowl of popcorn, toys, and a TV.

That's what the popcorn and toys are for.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:18 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

That's what the popcorn and toys are for.

I am not lucky enough for my kids to be distracted like that.
Once in a while, I can get my older one to play with the younger one. But for 15 min tops
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:20 pm

Can I just say here meeting Dendro she is totally hot Nevers is completely cool, and I’m thinking about how she’d be relaxing naked in bed watching football. Total win.
Dendro, even if the kids walked in on you, you’d come up with a good reason why mommy and daddy were wrestling for the remote control.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:35 pm

DWags wrote:Can I just say here meeting Dendro she is totally hot Nevers is completely cool, and I’m thinking about how she’d be relaxing naked in bed watching football. Total win.
Dendro, even if the kids walked in on you, you’d come up with a good reason why mommy and daddy were wrestling for the remote control.
Please stop drunk/horny posting. Even I'm getting a boner.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:11 am

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:Can I just say here meeting Dendro she is totally hot Nevers is completely cool, and I’m thinking about how she’d be relaxing naked in bed watching football. Total win.
Please stop drunk/horny posting. Even I'm getting a boner.

You didn't have to take that Viagra.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:18 pm

There's a good chance that the first girl that Jerry "dates" in Seinfeld was a professor at MSU. He met her after a show in Lansing, Michigan and she teaches Poli Sci.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:36 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:There's a good chance that the first girl that Jerry "dates" in Seinfeld was a professor at MSU. He met her after a show in Lansing, Michigan and she teaches Poli Sci.

Yep, that's always been my assumption.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:14 pm

I was on an airplane yesterday,  lost in my thoughts. I had this realization of why I am the way I am in certain aspects. It seemed so strange to learn something new about myself that I did not (consciously) realize.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:31 pm

Dendrobates wrote:I was on an airplane yesterday,  lost in my thoughts. I had this realization of why I am the way I am in certain aspects. It seemed so strange to learn something new about myself that I did not (consciously) realize.

That by far is the most random thought on this thread. :)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next