Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florida guys….

+5
InTenSity
Trapper Gus
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
9 posters

Go down

Florida guys…. Empty Florida guys….

Post by kingstonlake 2022-10-27, 10:49

I’m hearing some twitter rumblings that early voting in person requires a signature? Some are saying they’re being asked to re sign because the signature doesn’t match close enough to their drivers license. Supposedly if it were a mail in it would have beenrejected.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Florida guys…. Empty Re: Florida guys….

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-27, 14:07

I don't know, I early voted today and mine wasn't rejected. Well, at least not yet. When it is seen that I didn't vote for DeathSantis, then it might get rejected.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-27, 14:12

By the way, what I have heard is that mail in voting is very evenly split between Dems and Repubs, which isn't good for the Dems and has some predicting a Red wave.

So expect Ronnie Boy to quickly nip any ballot rejection in the bud.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-27, 14:14

I am not capable of making a signature that matches with a signature I did 2 weeks ago much less whenever I signed a document with the state however many years ago.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-27, 14:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I am not capable of making a signature that matches with a signature I did 2 weeks ago much less whenever I signed a document with the state however many years ago.
I always am a bit nervous doing something like that, because my sig is never exactly the same. Trained people can probably tell it's the same as I'm sure there are certain indicators. I doubt the state hired handwriting experts to check ballots though.

Not sure about Michigan, but here, when you go in peraon, you sign on an electronic pad connextes to the poll workers' computers. So I'm guessing that the match is computerized based on that. But I don't know how it works with mail in. Do they scan them and a computer matches them? Or do they have some untrainrd schmuck looking at them? Or do they look at who you voted for before deciding?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-27, 15:19

kingstonlake wrote:I’m hearing some twitter rumblings that early voting in person requires a signature? Some are saying they’re being asked to re sign because the signature doesn’t match close enough to their drivers license. Supposedly if it were a mail in it would have beenrejected.

I'm sure it is just me, but I don't view my signature as a way of someone else verifying that I signed it. I see it as something that if someone has a question as to if I signed something they present it to me and ask me to confirm it.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-10-27, 18:00

I'm waiting for the drop box.  They will check my ID and signature then approve it there.  I know when I signed today it doesn't exactly match my ID. I voted straight dem, so it would probably be rejected.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-10-27, 18:02

Side story.  Yesterday I was finishing my walk,  shoutout to Bob,  and there was a lady at my door.  She asked if I was who I was and I said yes.  She said can we count on your vote for Ron DeSantis.  I laughed and said no,  she ran back to her car.  I thought it was weird because I'm pretty sure our hoa doesn't allow shit like that.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-10-27, 18:04

But did she mark an "X" on your front door?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2022-10-27, 18:09

Trapper Gus wrote:But did she mark an "X" on your front door?
No,  I did that.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-10-27, 19:02

InTenSity wrote:Side story.  Yesterday I was finishing my walk,  shoutout to Bob,  and there was a lady at my door.  She asked if I was who I was and I said yes.  She said can we count on your vote for Ron DeSantis.  I laughed and said no,  she ran back to her car.  I thought it was weird because I'm pretty sure our hoa doesn't allow shit like that.

I think in most states HOAs can't stop political canvassing.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-27, 19:19

But it can stop me from doing what I want with my property? In the United States of America? Fuck HOAs
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-10-27, 19:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:But it can stop me from doing what I want with my property? In the United States of America? Fuck HOAs
Just a contract... you know up front. Sign the paper move in, don't sign don't move in. No one forces anyone into an hoa.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-27, 20:14

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:But it can stop me from doing what I want with my property? In the United States of America? Fuck HOAs
Just a contract... you know up front. Sign the paper move in, don't sign don't move in. No one forces anyone into an hoa.

The concept shouldn’t exist.

It’s also born out of racist white folk trying to control who their neighbors were. It’s anti American and anyone who idly stands by through their tyranny is complicit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-27, 20:16

I’m being a bit facetious obviously except in 2 respects. 1) my disdain for the concept of an HOA. 2) they really are born out of racism.

https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/homeowners-associations-black-americans-discriminaiton-2020-9
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-10-27, 20:55

Probably born out of racism, but now... keeping some dipshit from putting his car on blocks next door or parking a utility trailer or camper or boat in the front yard or whatever.
You want that stuff, dont buy into an HOA. Pretty simple.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

RQA likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-27, 21:07

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Probably born out of racism, but now... keeping some dipshit from putting in a garden or some other mundane bullshit without getting approval from their bored neighbors.
You want that stuff, dont buy into an HOA. Pretty simple.

Fixed it for you. Fuck HOAs.

I have an HOA and to be fair, I don’t know that they exist. Never had an interaction with them, I guess I have to pay them annually and I assume there are some bylaws, though no one has told me what they are. But the concept is wrong.

Also couple of things on “don’t buy in an HOA”. I never knew until the offer was already accepted. It was not listed properly online, and in the market as it was, if things weren’t listed properly there you kinda had to act fast enough where you’re not going through every detail before making an offer. And, trying to find something without an HOA leaves you with almost no options. HOA boyz would say something like that without thinking about the fact that basically every neighborhood has one now.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-10-28, 06:54

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Side story.  Yesterday I was finishing my walk,  shoutout to Bob,  and there was a lady at my door.  She asked if I was who I was and I said yes.  She said can we count on your vote for Ron DeSantis.  I laughed and said no,  she ran back to her car.  I thought it was weird because I'm pretty sure our hoa doesn't allow shit like that.

I think in most states HOAs can't stop political canvassing.

Just looked it up, and apparently they can't stop it in any state as long as the canvassers have a permit. The Supreme Court ruled on that a few years ago.

Having said that, in 22 years here, I can't remember ever having a canvasser knock on my door, and I don't think I've ever even had a political flyer stuck in my door.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-10-28, 08:24

when it comes to a photo ID, I always tell them I don't have one..  just to drive the right wing christian racists insane.

then I gladly sign the affidavit.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-10-28, 08:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote: basically every neighborhood has one (HOA) now.

No.

Since graduation I have lived in two neighborhoods. No HOA in either. I just helped my brother look at houses. Only one of about a dozen had an HOA. Many have some sort of neighborhood association that functions as a social organization but have no actual authority over your property.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-10-28, 09:21

RQA wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote: basically every neighborhood has one (HOA) now.

No.

Since graduation I have lived in two neighborhoods. No HOA in either. I just helped my brother look at houses. Only one of about a dozen had an HOA. Many have some sort of neighborhood association that functions as a social organization but have no actual authority over your property.

Whoa, you lived in 2? And neither of them did? Whoa.

I can’t speak for every area of the country. But I bought a house this year. Nearly every house I looked at had an HOA. Maybe that was because of where I was trying to buy and if I lived in stockbridge with you this wouldn’t be an issue. But alas, where I was looking, finding one without an HOA was not realistic.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down