Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election) and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins?

+20
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
gomersbro
sεяεηιτλ
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
AvgMSUJoe
Floyd Robertson
msugolfguy
Jake from State Farm
InTenSity
PennSpartan
Rick Saunders
Zurn
aualum06
Rocinante
Spartytruth
steveschneider
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
24 posters

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election)  and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins? - Page 18 Empty Re: The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election) and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-03-15, 23:09

I don’t know what it is about “there’s no reason for anyone who wants Biden to do something different to say anything other than ‘I’m not going to vote for Biden unless he changes on this issue’ outloud in March” that’s hard to understand.

Other than it’s “politics” and democrats do silly things when that word is introduced like try to ban one of the favorite things of a key voting block in an election year instead of simply not doing that
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election)  and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins? - Page 18 Empty Re: The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election) and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins?

Post by Cameron 2024-03-15, 23:22

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:
If Biden would actually apply pressure and use his available leverage, and Israel still wouldn't stop the genocide, I would be totally fine making good on the threat to cut them off from US aid and sanction them. You made mention of some defense contractors and the like that would miss out on some business if we did that. I'm fine with that. I will suffer those consequences. I don't know why I have to suffer for my anti-genocide position to be valid in your mind. Can I not just be ideologically opposed to my tax dollars and the elected officials that I voted for contributing to horrific human rights violations? What about this requires me to suffer or sacrifice?

Is it because I'm not scared enough of another 4 years of Trump for your liking? Is that literally your only consideration? It is, isn't it? How sad...

Be ideologically opposed but keep that arrogant  “I’ll suffer the consequences “.  You won’t.  You will not suffer one iota of the consequences.    That’s my point.  Just keep that kind of bs saying out of this.

And your last paragraph just reinforces the well fed well educated male millennial mentality.   You don’t fear Trump because if he’s elected your life doesn’t change. You need not worry about losing medical choices if you’re a woman, you don’t have to worry if you are trans or gay.  You are t in our country seeking asylum from insanity of others

Electing Trump doesn’t affect you whatsoever.  So your last paragraph isn’t the flex you think it is.  

Look none of us want what’s happening in Gaza but let’s pull back on the rhetoric of saying we’re willing to suffer consequences.   Unless you can name them, I’m not interested.
You can keep pointing out that I'm a white male, but I'll have to remind you that you're just as white, straight, and college educated as I am, and with more money to boot. You have a wife and daughters, I have a mother and sister, there are women in my life that I love and care about. There is no race card or gender card you can play here.

As for your bizarre fixation on the "suffer the consequences" phraseology, I proposed a negotiation tactic I would like Biden to pursue. Gus warned about suffering the consequences of that tactic. You are fixating on the phrase like I claimed to be suffering or sacrificing or some such nonsense, which is either an unfortunate misreading or a deliberate misrepresentation of the situation. Stupid or dishonest, take your pick.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-03-15, 23:28

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

You accuse me of emotional posting. When have I ever apologized for the killing of innocents?  

Your hyperbolic drivel becomes tiring.  
I'm upset with Genocide Joe for his role in the ethnic cleansing of Gaza. You are evidently more concerned about how the response to his actions and inactions affect his electoral prospects than you are about sending any kind of message to him to change tactics. Was "genocide-apology" hyperbolic? Absolutely. Should you take a step back and consider what you are actually doing on this topic? Maybe, but you'd rather throw your hands up and say "there's nothing we can do, just vote blue no matter what" because your brain is broken.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-15, 23:46

Cameron wrote:
DWags wrote:

Be ideologically opposed but keep that arrogant  “I’ll suffer the consequences “.  You won’t.  You will not suffer one iota of the consequences.    That’s my point.  Just keep that kind of bs saying out of this.

And your last paragraph just reinforces the well fed well educated male millennial mentality.   You don’t fear Trump because if he’s elected your life doesn’t change. You need not worry about losing medical choices if you’re a woman, you don’t have to worry if you are trans or gay.  You are t in our country seeking asylum from insanity of others

Electing Trump doesn’t affect you whatsoever.  So your last paragraph isn’t the flex you think it is.  

Look none of us want what’s happening in Gaza but let’s pull back on the rhetoric of saying we’re willing to suffer consequences.   Unless you can name them, I’m not interested.
You can keep pointing out that I'm a white male, but I'll have to remind you that you're just as white, straight, and college educated as I am, and with more money to boot.

Stupid or dishonest, take your pick.

Yes! Yes I am! I know exactly what I’m talking about. I’m only using the words you chose. If orange man is elected it doesn’t effect me one bit. It’s my current bet it will hurt the innocents of Gaza, the gay and transgender people in my life, those seeking asylum, women’s rights, dreamers. So I’m not willing to suffer those consequences.

As far as your last sentence, I know I’m being honest I just don’t care if you call me stupid, and I personally think you left off accurate.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-16, 09:36

GOP and their media sycophants latest talking point is minimizing their IVF ban in AL that highlighted the GOP’s attempt to further control reproductive rights framing it as a “manufactured” crisis that will cost Democrats in November.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-16, 09:46

GRR Spartan wrote:GOP and their media sycophants latest talking point is minimizing their IVF ban in AL that highlighted the GOP’s attempt to further control reproductive rights framing it as a “manufactured” crisis that will cost Democrats in November.

They are whistling past the graveyard.

Between 65% to 75% of US voters support legal no reason abortion as a woman's choice until 26 weeks.

Many support no reason abortion beyond that.

While a vocal minority believe that a fertilized egg is a human being with the full rights of an adult human most do not.

The Republican politician's problem is that the vocal minority which is 100% out of step with a huge majority of voters are the ones who vote in Republican primaries.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-16, 09:49

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t know what it is about “there’s no reason for anyone who wants Biden to do something different to say anything other than ‘I’m not going to vote for Biden unless he changes on this issue’ outloud in March” that’s hard to understand.

Other than it’s “politics” and democrats do silly things when that word is introduced like try to ban one of the favorite things of a key voting block in an election year instead of simply not doing that

That is your take on Cam's total meltdown.  Seemed like you were much harder on Penn, even before he used a racial slur...

BTW we need to get DWags off those drugs and back on his feet.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-03-16, 09:54

Maybe he was harder on Penn because Penn argues against loan forgiveness and for allowing the IDF to do whatever they want because Penn is a huge piece of shit, whereas I support loan forgiveness and oppose letting the IDF do whatever they want.

Why should Travis be bothered by me telling you to go fuck yourself? I'm not telling Travis to go fuck himself, I like Travis and he almost never says anything stupid.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-03-16, 10:00

We all have the benefit of hindsight, post racist meltdown by Penn, to be able to say “hey maybe that guy is actually a piece of shit”. Some of us will acknowledge that, some of us will keep defending the racist piece of shit. That’s up to you traps.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-16, 10:22

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:We all have the benefit of hindsight, post racist meltdown by Penn, to be able to say “hey maybe that guy is actually a piece of shit”. Some of us will acknowledge that, some of us will keep defending the racist piece of shit. That’s up to you traps.

That is your takeaway from my comment on Can v Penn's treatment for similar meltdowns?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-03-16, 10:24

Go fuck yourself
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-16, 10:25

Cameron wrote:
I'm upset with Genocide Joe for his role in the ethnic cleansing of Gaza. You are evidently

It's a fair position to oppose the Israeli war on Hamas, but calling it "ethnic cleansing" isn't helping your argument.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-16, 10:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Go fuck yourself

Cool, can I join you and Cam in your circle jerk? The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election)  and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins? - Page 18 969504605

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-16, 10:29

Trapper Gus wrote:

While a vocal minority believe that a fertilized egg is a human being with the full rights of an adult human most do not.

An equally vocal minority believe that it is okay to abort a healthy viable baby one day before its due date, most do not.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-16, 10:29

Zurn wrote:
Cameron wrote:
I'm upset with Genocide Joe for his role in the ethnic cleansing of Gaza. You are evidently

It's a fair position to oppose the Israeli war on Hamas, but calling it "ethnic cleansing" isn't helping your argument.

Cam is more correct with "ethnic cleansing" than genocide as the current Israel government would be happy to see all the Palestinians flee to a different place.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-16, 10:29

Trapper Gus wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Go fuck yourself

Cool, can I join you and Cam in your circle jerk? The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election)  and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins? - Page 18 969504605

Somebody help me unsee this
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-16, 10:33

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

An equally vocal minority believe that it is okay to abort a healthy viable baby one day before its due date, most do not.

That depends if the mother's live is at elevated risk and the only solution is the abortion, beyond that the believers in abortion after viability is a much smaller group, dropping very close to zero for the situation you are using, unlike the crazy people who are using the abortion issues to make women chattel for society.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-16, 10:34

Just checking in. Are Arabs and Israelis still fighting? It’s weird. Almost like both sides decades old strategies don’t work.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-16, 10:35

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Somebody help me unsee this

You don't spend enough time on the sports board, we are supposed to be trying to be smuttier....
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2024-03-16, 10:36

Zurn wrote:
Cameron wrote:

My "argument" being that Israel should stop killing civilians. Not an argument that should need help or be seen as even remotely controversial, but many have lost the plot.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-16, 10:41

Trapper Gus wrote:

That depends if the mother's live is at elevated risk and the only solution is the abortion

In a late stage pregnancy, that is never the case. But then you have never been that strong in science.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-16, 10:42

Cameron wrote:
Zurn wrote:

My "argument" being that Israel should stop killing civilians. Not an argument that should need help or be seen as even remotely controversial, but many have lost the plot.

Most haven't.  

Where some of us part ways are that you totally blame Joe Biden for something he has very limited ability to stop.

(And his actions are further complicated by the longstanding relationship the US has with Israel, the laws that former Congresses & Presidents have passed, and treaties the US has with Israel, & the significant political power of Netanyahu supporters in the US)

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2024-03-16, 10:53; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-16, 10:43

Cameron wrote:

It's a war in a densely populated urban area. How would that be even possible?
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-16, 10:48

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

That depends if the mother's live is at elevated risk and the only solution is the abortion

In a late stage pregnancy, that is never the case.   But then you have never been that strong in science.

Never is way too strong a statement...

There are life threatening risks in the third trimester as the various links in the WEB search demonstrate.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=is+the+mother%27s+like+at+risk+in+late+stage+pregancy&form=ANNTH1&refig=a10a397065564184a25bcec2bb71fc27&pc=U531

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2024-03-16, 10:51; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-16, 10:51

Zurn wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It's a war in a densely populated urban area.   How would that be even possible?  

Terms of engagement, aka the training and orders the troops are given.

It is really sad commentary on Israel that the Russian's in their Ukraine invasion, with their significant distain for civilian life, have killed far fewer civilians in 2 years of war than the IDF have killed in 4 months.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2024-03-16, 10:53; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-03-16, 10:53

Zurn wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It's a war in a densely populated urban area. How would that be even possible?

Then I guess you can’t have a war, huh.

Slaughtering everyone because you can’t figure out a way to slaughter only the bad guys isn’t actually an acceptable option, believe it or not.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-16, 10:54

Maybe once Israel has stopped fighting Hamas (are they really at this point anyway?) Biden could announce the 4 billion we send Israel each will go towards rebuilding Gaza for the next 10 years. Israel can fund its own defense over that period. In the five to ten years the US can make an effort to normalize relations, sponsor free and secure elections (I know that’s messy and nearly impossible), establish a genuine port of trade and import so that Gaza isn’t an outdoor prison. If it appears at any point Hamas or a terror group is gaining a foothold in the government, we walk.  If Israel starts fucking around in settlement areas not theirs or by some bullshit decree, we walk on them too. 

I don’t know, try  anything. Cause this shit ain’t working, never has, and never will.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-16, 11:49

Trapper Gus wrote:

It is really sad commentary on Israel that the Russian's in their Ukraine invasion, with their significant distain for civilian life, have killed far fewer civilians in 2 years of war than the IDF have killed in 4 months.

There are more civilian casualties in a war being fought in one of the most densely populated areas in the world than in trench warfare being fought on agricultural land? Color me shocked.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-16, 11:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Then I guess you can’t have a war, huh.

That's right. If there are to be no civilian casualties then you can't have a war.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-16, 13:44

More Trump propaganda by his vermin.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-03-19, 19:04

The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election)  and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins? - Page 18 Screen11

I won the battle. Let’s hope we win the war!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags, AvgMSUJoe, gomersbro and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-19, 19:55

Motown Spartan wrote:The 2024 US House & Senate (& Presidential Election)  and the Michigan Legislature - Who do you Think Wins? - Page 18 Screen11

I won the battle. Let’s hope we win the war!

So another out of state carpetbagger...

https://michiganadvance.com/2024/01/30/where-is-mr-rogers-neighborhood/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-21, 20:11

[tw]1770848396833608143[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-22, 08:06

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey said Thursday he won’t run in the Democratic primary as he faces federal corruption charges, but he left open the possibility that he would reenter the race as an independent later this year if he is exonerated at a trial.

Menendez’s announcement comes four days before a state deadline to file to run in the June 4 Democratic primary that’s already being contested by Rep. Andy Kim and New Jersey first lady Tammy Murphy. The almost 10-minute video shows Menendez speaking about his decades in Congress, pushing for aid for his state, including for Superstorm Sandy recovery and COVID-19 relief.

“The present accusations I am facing of which I am innocent and will prove so will not allow me to have that type of dialogue and debate with political opponents,” he said in a video posted on social media. “You deserve to hear from those who wish to represent you about what they would do for you and your families in the future. Therefore I will not file for the Democratic party this June.”
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-22, 12:19

Three toes Marge has made a motion to vacate Mike Johnson. Passed minibus with dem votes.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-22, 12:42

kingstonlake wrote:Three toes Marge has made a motion to vacate Mike Johnson. Passed minibus with dem votes.

There are a ton of people in our country that love her. They don’t want to run our country they just want to break shit They are mentally ill. Bob America is a stupid country., but I don’t think any of us should confuse that with the mentally ill people.

We were born, freedom, loving people, we understand the need for it, and equality. These fuckers refuse to compromise like our ancestors did They are selfish pieces of shit, and they are mentally ill
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-22, 12:58

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Three toes Marge has made a motion to vacate Mike Johnson. Passed minibus with dem votes.

There are a ton of people in our country that love her. They don’t want to run our country they just want to break shit They are mentally ill. Bob America is a stupid country., but I don’t think any of us should confuse that with the mentally ill people.

We were born, freedom, loving people, we understand the need for it, and equality. These fuckers refuse to compromise like our ancestors did They are selfish pieces of shit, and they are mentally ill

You are probably 95% correct, however, there is a second group who really wants to disrupt the country and they have billions of dollars each, to use to create that disruption. Not sure about MTG because she seems like she is bat-shit crazy, but those "freedom caucus" members in general are likely getting their marching orders from those disruptive (Nazis) billionaires like Musk & Thiel who are funding the Republicans.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-22, 13:48

[tw]1771222804580450802[/tw]
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-22, 13:49

Smart... Ukraine aid is what it's all about.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

gomersbro and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-03-22, 18:41

Wonder if mtg is so dumb she thinks she has control still?
It was just a matter of time the Ds where going to be able use this to keep some politician in "power". Just forcing moderates to align across the aisle.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next