Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did LAKS know? Because the Brez just unveiled her portrait

+3
Motown Spartan
NigelUno
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Did LAKS know?   Because the Brez just unveiled her portrait  Empty Did LAKS know? Because the Brez just unveiled her portrait

Post by DWags 2022-12-19, 19:12

Is everybody comfortable with that? I mean, there are a lot of people who believe she knew that Nasser did what he had done.

Is it the best time to unveil a portrait?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Did LAKS know?   Because the Brez just unveiled her portrait  Empty Re: Did LAKS know? Because the Brez just unveiled her portrait

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-19, 19:54

Board to host private ceremony unveiling former president Lou Anna K. Simon's portrait

Simon’s portrait was a part of her 2019 retirement agreement with the board

Like...if you quit, we'll still put up a portrait of you?

Suspect
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Did LAKS know?   Because the Brez just unveiled her portrait  Empty Re: Did LAKS know? Because the Brez just unveiled her portrait

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-12-19, 20:05

She was an excellent president that failed in an impossible moment. I don’t know for sure when and what she knew but she was essentially crucified for allowing an investigation to continue and not firing Nasser the second she learned of allegations.

AKA…scapegoat
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-12-19, 20:13

Yeah, I don’t think it’s a great idea for where it’s at. Did the agreement have to be the Brez?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-12-19, 20:34

Motown Spartan wrote:She was an excellent president that failed in an impossible moment. I don’t know for sure when and what she knew but she was essentially crucified for allowing an investigation to continue and not firing Nasser the second she learned of allegations.

AKA…scapegoat

Mostly this. She did some great things at MSU but failed spectacularly with Nassar. I'm sure she was a scapegoat though. She needed to act quickly and decisively the very second she learned how bad things were. She's actually fortunate the legal charges went away. ( not that I think they were justified).

Bottom line: Portrait, now, no.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2022-12-20, 00:33

Why? MSU does a lot of dumb fucking shit. Oh well
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-12-20, 07:19

DWags wrote:Yeah, I don’t think it’s a great idea for where it’s at. Did the agreement have to be the Brez?

Maybe they just unveiled it there, and it will end up in the Hannah Administration Bldg.
Or in storage in the basement of the library. Like a Fab Five Final Four banner.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-12-20, 09:28

Motown Spartan wrote:She was an excellent president that failed in an impossible moment. I don’t know for sure when and what she knew but she was essentially crucified for allowing an investigation to continue and not firing Nasser the second she learned of allegations.

AKA…scapegoat
Also, for listening to the lawyers who told her to not say anything... so she looked like she was hiding something or was insensitive. Really a "no win" situation.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-12-20, 10:43

DWags wrote:Is everybody comfortable with that? I mean, there are a lot of people who believe she knew that Nasser did what he had done.

Is it the best time to unveil a portrait?

Don’t think there will ever be a good time to unveil another MSU president portrait when it’s LAKS however the knuckleheads on the BOT accelerated things by running off President Stanley.

LAKS did some good things, the best getting the National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory to be located on MSU’s campus.   

Her portrait doesn’t erase any history and no one is worrying about seeing a campus building or garden being named in her honor.  Ever.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down