Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+27
steveschneider
Bert Savoy
Cameron
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
TravelinMan
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Jake from State Farm
gomersbro
Dendrobates
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Trapper Gus
tGreenWay
Nordic
Turtleneck
Pervis Muldoon
MiamiSpartan
Motown Spartan
kingstonlake
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
31 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 14 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-24, 06:46

NigelUno wrote:[tw]1716640104666538200[/tw]

The question is why? Why do it? They have a loaded roster and to cheat like this? What an embarrassing time to be a wolverine.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 14 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Cameron 2023-10-24, 07:51

The answer to why is pretty obvious: to gain a competitive advantage. Why the fuck else would they do it?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-24, 08:07

Cameron wrote:The answer to why is pretty obvious: to gain a competitive advantage. Why the fuck else would they do it?

There’s a thing called risk and reward you should look it up. They have a loaded roster sitting at the top of the big ten and they put it all in jeopardy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-24, 08:30

Cameron wrote:The answer to why is pretty obvious: to gain a competitive advantage. Why the fuck else would they do it?

Thanks Captain Obvious.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-24, 08:40

NigelUno wrote:

Thanks Captain Obvious.

He should stick doing what he does best…blowing his top over tiny trivial matters.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-24, 08:57

So, the Manningcast has a board where if a guest makes the right play call/prediction, they get their picture put up.

Desmond did it a few weeks ago. His picture now has an asterisk next to it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-10-24, 09:13

NigelUno wrote:

Thanks Captain Obvious.

I literally said it was obvious in the post you quoted, numbnuts.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-24, 09:23

Cameron wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Thanks again, Captain Fucking Obvious.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-24, 09:34

Cameron wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Thanks for your input captain obvious. You really know a lot about sports!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2023-10-24, 09:58

According to UM fans, it's not a competitive advantage. Rolling Eyes
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-24, 10:01

Cameron wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Laurel and Hardy are not our best and brightest.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-24, 10:10

kingstonlake wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Laurel and Hardy are not our best and brightest.

Sure. Can you have captain answer a question for us? What’s 1+1. Thanks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-10-24, 11:29

Dendrobates wrote:

also, i heard today that its not really cheating unless they electronically send it to the players... otherwise, "nothing to see here" and everybody does it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-24, 11:38

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

also, i heard today that its not really cheating unless they electronically send it to the players... otherwise, "nothing to see here" and everybody does it.

Has anyone examined the UofM's helmets recently?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-10-24, 11:42

Cheaters at best.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-10-24, 11:54

Dendrobates wrote:

I guess the one question that those guys can't answer is, if it's not a competititve edge, why the fuck would Michigan put all that time and money and effort into doing it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Trapper Gus and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-24, 13:21

Damn.

[tw]1716843872267976805[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, AvgMSUJoe and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-24, 13:37

Nothing will happen, it will be filed under "boys being boys"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-10-24, 13:38

NigelUno wrote:Damn.

QB backed up, looked at the OSU sideline and the UM guy (Stalions, I'm guessing) started squinting, looking across the field the way most of us might look to try to find something we dropped on the kitchen floor.

the second the change in playcall was determined, not only Stalions but, at least, 5-6 players, started signaling to the defense what was coming.

and, per the tweet/article attached, this was the first series of the game for OSU.

this doesn't look good.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-24, 13:43

Harbs will do anything to win, and the Michigan supporters will forgive everything he does. (Which is why MSU needs a coach who is as driven, only one who is better)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-24, 13:53

If their seasons get vacated do they have to send Paul back to us? How does that work?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-24, 13:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If their seasons get vacated do they have to send Paul back to us? How does that work?

Serious answer - vacated is not the same as forfeited, meaning a vacated game win is not then awarded to the other team.  It just is taken off the overall wins (and losses for the games they lost).

Not sure, but it may still be a loss for the other teams' records.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2023-10-24, 14:00; edited 2 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-24, 13:58

Trapper Gus wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:If their seasons get vacated do they have to send Paul back to us? How does that work?

Serious answer - vacated is not the same as forfeited, meaning a vacated game win is not then awarded to the other team.  It just is taken off the overall wins (and losses for the games they lost).

Yes, correct. That would mean that the last winner of the trophy was 2021 msu.

Or it’s just a silly rivalry trophy and they don’t go that granular on it
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-10-24, 14:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Damn.

QB backed up, looked at the OSU sideline and the UM guy (Stalions, I'm guessing) started squinting, looking across the field the way most of us might look to try to find something we dropped on the kitchen floor.

the second the change in playcall was determined, not only Stalions but, at least, 5-6 players, started signaling to the defense what was coming.

and, per the tweet/article attached, this was the first series of the game for OSU.

this doesn't look good.

Players knew. They obviously went over it in practice/film study.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-24, 14:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Championships & trophies are also "vacated" which does not mean the other teams playing in those games are awarded championships & trophies.  It means they are vacant (no owner or champion).  Michigan's name would probably be removed from the trophy, (Not sure Paul has names on it) but it probably would remain in their possession, if not in their trophy case, given that MSU didn't win the last game, either.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-24, 14:19

Trapper Gus wrote:

Championships & trophies are also "vacated" which does not mean the other teams playing in those games are awarded championships & trophies.  It means they are vacant (no owner or champion).  Michigan's name would probably be removed from the trophy, (Not sure Paul has names on it) but it probably would remain in their possession, if not in their trophy case, given that MSU didn't win the last game, either.
Yes, I know what vacated means you can skip past that.

But, I guess it would come down to the definition of who owns it. 1) the winner of last years game. Assuming wins are vacated then that would mean the trophy would have to go to a third party because no one won 2) the team that most recently won. That’d be msu in 2021.

Or, no one cares all that much about something like that and they just say fuck it you keep it. But that’d be the only way they get to keep it for a game they didn’t win.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-24, 14:29

Trapper Gus wrote:

But, I guess it would come down to the definition of who owns it. 1) the winner of last years game. Assuming wins are vacated then that would mean the trophy would have to go to a third party because no one won 2) the team that most recently won. That’d be msu in 2021.

Or, no one cares all that much about something like that and they just say fuck it you keep it. But that’d be the only way they get to keep it for a game they didn’t win.

Who got the trophy back when there were tie games?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-10-24, 14:38

Trapper Gus wrote:

Who got the trophy back when there were tie games?

Probably whoever had possession. It's only happened twice since the Trophy was introduced. In 58 and 63. In both cases MSU has possession.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-10-24, 14:55

Can’t win a bowl game when you can’t pre-scout the opponent…
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-10-24, 14:59

[tw]1716555528413782138?s=46[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-24, 15:11

Valenti’s opening segment and first couple of callers were worth a listen.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-10-24, 18:23

Trapper Gus wrote:

But if a championship is vacated, do the teams keep the trophy? Doesn't seem like they would. But there also isn't any governing body over the rivalry like there is a conference or NCAA that oversees championship trophy awarding.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-10-24, 18:41

steveschneider wrote:

There’s a thing called risk and reward you should look it up. They have a loaded roster sitting at the top of the big ten and they put it all in jeopardy.

Players look more talented when they know the other teams' plays in advance. Harbaugh knows his roster. If he thought they were champions, he wouldn't have cheated.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-24, 18:53

It is another NCAA mess.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacated_victory
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-25, 07:22

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-michigan-assistant-at-center-of-ncaa-investigation-purchased-tickets-to-potential-cfp-opponents-235257384.html
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-10-25, 08:08

kingstonlake wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-michigan-assistant-at-center-of-ncaa-investigation-purchased-tickets-to-potential-cfp-opponents-235257384.html

Been a big fan of their podcast for years.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-25, 08:26

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Players look more talented when they know the other teams' plays in advance. Harbaugh knows his roster. If he thought they were champions, he wouldn't have cheated.

That’s crazy talk. They have a projected 19 players going in the NFL draft, a Heisman trophy qb and they have had an easy schedule the last 2 years. Maybe they needed it vs OSU but everyone else no way. The question actually came up on the Valenti and Rico show and Valenti said he doesn’t know whybut pointed out the Patriots did it in dynasty mode, Barry Bonds cheated when he was already playing at GOAT level and Roger Clemens when he was pitching at generational pitcher level Jose Altuve as well.

I think better theory. It’s psychological and it’s about the obsession of having power. Yep, good old fashion megalomania folks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-10-25, 08:36

How many of Michigan’s players look better when they know ahead of time, or are positioned correctly at a higher percentage than the rest of college football, to make plays.

This is why it is a huge deal in my opinion. The integrity of the EVERYTHING is now in question. Wins, player evaluation, gambling, outcomes, safety, scouting, etc.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-10-25, 08:42

kingstonlake wrote:How many of Michigan’s players look better when they know ahead of time, or are positioned correctly at a higher percentage than the rest of college football, to make plays.

This is why it is a huge deal in my opinion. The integrity of the EVERYTHING is now in question. Wins, player evaluation, gambling, outcomes, safety, scouting, etc.
And yet still needed a huge campaign from the Michigan media slappys to get invited to New York as a Hiesman finalist.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-25, 08:53

kingstonlake wrote:How many of Michigan’s players look better when they know ahead of time, or are positioned correctly at a higher percentage than the rest of college football, to make plays.

You think they needed to steal signs against us Saturday? GTFO here. OSU I might buy it anyone else no way. Valenti confirmed yesterday the Big Ten still runs through Ann Arbor if you think otherwise you are kidding yourself.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next