Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..

+10
gomersbro
Heat Miser
GRR Spartan
DWags
kingstonlake
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Trapper Gus
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  Empty Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-24, 12:19

I'm sure the whiny right wing christian patriots are.. outraged. Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  1896033241 Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  502811600

A lawyer for former Vice President Mike Pence discovered about a dozen documents marked as classified at Pence’s Indiana home last week, and he has turned those classified records over to the FBI, multiple sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  Empty Re: Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-24, 12:22

also.. from the same mainstream media article (take it for what it's worth)

The discovery comes after Pence has repeatedly said he did not have any classified documents in his possession.

someone should tell him that lying makes jesus sad.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  Empty Re: Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-01-24, 12:26

So how do we score this game? Is it Republicans 2 Democrats 1? Maybe we do it by document count, which would seem to give Republicans a giant lead.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-24, 12:55

Floyd Robertson wrote:So how do we score this game? Is it Republicans 2 Democrats 1? Maybe we do it by document count, which would seem to give Republicans a giant lead.

We should score this as:

Security Procedures for the Government - Zero;
Former government officials with classified documents - 4 (Clinton; Trump; Biden; Pence)
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-24, 13:08

oh, and from the other thread...

BobbySak wrote:If Biden has committed a crime with the classified documents, he should be held accountable.

Dear patriotic christians... see how easy that is.... when you're not beholden to a political ideology?

same holds true for our Super Christian™ Former VP.. if he committed a crime, he needs to be held accountable.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-01-24, 13:34

I maintain that there is a difference between a few documents which you then turn over once discovered, and having hundreds of documents that you took on your last days in office and then lied about having them, refused to give them back over months of being asked.

It feels like Pence's situation is similar to Biden's and neither are like Trump's. It seems that there is a lack of seriousness when it comes to how these are packed and mixed in with other files, which is probably more on the staff than on the office holders. Is that something of the last 10 years, or are Bush, Clinton, Obama, Gore, Cheney, and even Jimmy Carter having their lawyers look through their homes now?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Heat Miser, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-24, 13:57

4 boxes?

Open boxes. Make a fire in fire place.

Find classified documents? Take them to fire place.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-01-24, 14:01

As much as Pence is a POS I feel fairly confident that he wouldn’t compromise Americas interest or security, for that matter have the ability to do so, with whatever docs he or Biden have.

Can you honestly say that about trump? For fucks sake, the guy can’t even compete honestly in a golf tournament at a course he owns.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

gomersbro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-24, 14:07

FFS guys. Get our shit together. These documents could affect people’s lives. That’s beyond outrageous.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-01-24, 14:25

Has this issue slid back into the “No big deal” line in GOP circles yet?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-24, 14:48

MiamiSpartan wrote:I maintain that there is a difference between a few documents which you then turn over once discovered, and having hundreds of documents that you took on your last days in office and then lied about having them, refused to give them back over months of being asked.

It feels like Pence's situation is similar to Biden's and neither are like Trump's. It seems that there is a lack of seriousness when it comes to how these are packed and mixed in with other files, which is probably more on the staff than on the office holders. Is that something of the last 10 years, or are Bush, Clinton, Obama, Gore, Cheney, and even Jimmy Carter having their lawyers look through their homes now?
of course.

I'm just looking forward to the America First right wing patriots coming to this thread to demand Congressional oversight, investigations, criminal prosecution and prison time for one of their own the way they do for that corrupt old man with dementia who wants to take their stoves away.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-01-24, 16:10

MiamiSpartan wrote:I maintain that there is a difference between a few documents which you then turn over once discovered, and having hundreds of documents that you took on your last days in office and then lied about having them, refused to give them back over months of being asked.

It feels like Pence's situation is similar to Biden's and neither are like Trump's.  It seems that there is a lack of seriousness when it comes to how these are packed and mixed in with other files, which is probably more on the staff than on the office holders.  Is that something of the last 10 years, or are Bush, Clinton, Obama, Gore, Cheney, and even Jimmy Carter having their lawyers look through their homes now?

Yeah this. It seems like everybody is loosie goosie with the top secret stuff. But only 1 guy refused to cooperate, has foreign conflicts of interest coming out of his ass, cozied up to Putler, tried to hide it, lied about it, then claimed he declassified everything on the fly with his Jedi mind trick. 1 of these things is not like the others.

Last edited by Heat Miser on 2023-01-24, 16:47; edited 1 time in total
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-01-24, 16:28

Does anyone know the difference between classified and top secret? Is it a huge divide? I assume top secret would be something like a human asset.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-01-24, 16:46

kingstonlake wrote:Does anyone know the difference between classified and top secret? Is it a huge divide? I assume top secret would be something like a human asset.

There are multiple levels. Secret, top secret, eyes only, etc. All of which are variants of "classified".
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2023-01-24, 18:01

After moving all my shit to a storage unit for nine months and then slowly pulling everything back out, I completely understand having a couple of misplaced documents. In our case my wife and I packed all the boxes and the last few were just random shit. In an office, i highly doubt the VPs themselves were packing the boxes (at least I hope not, even they have better things to do in their last days). And the person who packed them probably did look through every page to see if there were classified documents. Whereas in Trump's case it sounds like the documents were known to be there and easier to be accessed by him or someone else.

I agree with Kingston's post above says Pence wouldn't try to damage US interests. I don't think you could say the same about DJT if he could to enrich himself.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-24, 18:13

Heat Miser wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Does anyone know the difference between classified and top secret? Is it a huge divide? I assume top secret would be something like a human asset.

There are multiple levels. Secret, top secret, eyes only, etc. All of which are variants of "classified".

Exactly, and when they are found and reported on by the FBI all they publicly say is "classified" unless they are forced to say more. In the case of Trump that Trump friendly judge in FL forced the FBI to report on what level of classified the documents were, and it included levels that are used to detail the names and addresses of spies, and levels that include nuclear information.

In contrast, the classified documents that Clinton had were newspapers reports from Mexico talking about the location of US drone strikes, which everyone on the globe knew but because the CIA had deemed information about this "classified" should have been, as a government report but were not, marked classified.

I'm expecting that both Biden's & Pence's are likely something like a daily brief, maybe even just the details of the President's daily schedule, which because it provides minute to minute location of the President is classified.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-24, 18:17

gomersbro wrote:After moving all my shit to a storage unit for nine months and then slowly pulling everything back out, I completely understand having a couple of misplaced documents. In our case my wife and I packed all the boxes and the last few were just random shit. In an office, i highly doubt the VPs themselves were packing the boxes (at least I hope not, even they have better things to do in their last days). And the person who packed them probably did look through every page to see if there were classified documents. Whereas in Trump's case it sounds like the documents were known to be there and easier to be accessed by him or someone else.

I agree with Kingston's post above says Pence wouldn't try to damage US interests. I don't think you could say the same about DJT if he could to enrich himself.

Very sure, because of what has been reported, that most to all of what has been found in Biden locations was packed by the staff and would expect the same for Pence.  

What Trump has, on the other hand. are documents he told the staff to pack, and reportedly of what was returned before the search warrant was served and executed, he was the one deciding by going through the boxes himself, what was returned.  Some of the classified stuff could be, I suppose, there due to his lax habits, even about eyes-only information, about it when in the White House, but the refusing to return it and making it a court case is just stupid.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2023-01-24, 19:00; edited 3 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-24, 18:29

have any of our America First right wing patriots who were suddenly concerned with national security a week or town ago weighed in on this yet??
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-01-24, 20:49

It's a new frontier of information. There is a blizzard of documents being classified every day. My opinion is there should be no paper that leaves government offices on anything classified. There are IT people who can make documents disappear from secure machines after minutes, an hour up to 24 hours. If VP Biden, VP Pence can't get their work done in those windows then they work in their secure offices.

I have been told by an HS friend who spent 30+ years in the USN that what is classified has exploded since he got his commission after he graduated from umaa. The USN ROTC scholarship paid for his undergrad. Then he spent 5+ years at MIT getting his PhD on the USN dime. Pretty much everything he did required the highest security clearances. He retired as an O-6. (Captain) and won't talk about what he did in the USN after graduating from umaa. All he can say is his umaa degree was a dual major of physics and computer science, his PhD was computer science

His experience was from when he got his first clearances still in ROTC there were classified docs that he wasn't cleared to see and that made sense. But by the time he became a Commander (O-4) 10 years later classified docs had grown exponentially. In his opinion a lot papers and information is being classified more for CYA reasons and sometimes hide malfeasance that wouldn't have been classified previously.

I think Biden and now Pence had documents but there are so damned many their staff(s) get sloppy and things get filed, forgotten etc. Its still wrong whether the documents were left behind or carted out as they left office.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-25, 06:10

Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  3003718628
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-25, 11:44

any outrage from the right wing christian "America First" patriots?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-25, 11:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:any outrage from the right wing christian "America First" patriots?

I lifted this from the Ted Cruze is Bad Thread - credit Turtleneck -

It answers your question.

[tw]1618000980825591808[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-25, 12:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:any outrage from the right wing christian "America First" patriots?

Are there even any of those people here?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-25, 12:13

Trapper Gus wrote:

I lifted this from the Ted Cruze is Bad Thread - credit Turtleneck -

It answers your question.

[tw]1618000980825591808[/tw]
Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  502811600 Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-25, 12:31

TravelinMan wrote:

There are more conservatives on tSwill than is apparent, they just stay off tBin.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2023-01-25, 12:40

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

There are more conservatives on tSwill than is apparent, they just stay off tBin.

There is a difference between "conservative" and QAnon Wingnut Seditionist. Or at least there used to be.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Floyd Robertson and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-25, 12:45

Heat Miser wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

There is a difference between "conservative" and QAnon Wingnut Seditionist. Or at least there used to be.

fair point, I don't have the draft to disagree.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-26, 11:10

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

it's because they don't want to be mocked relentlessly for not holding their racist, bigoted christian sexual predator hero and VP Pence to the same standard they want to hold Joe Biden to.

odd how that works with such patriotic "America First" types.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-26, 11:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

it's because they don't want to be mocked relentlessly for not holding their racist, bigoted christian sexual predator hero and VP Pence to the same standard they want to hold Joe Biden to.

So you admit this board is a leftist echo chamber bully pulpit? Well, the first step is admitting the problem, I guess.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-01-26, 11:29

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

So you admit this board is a leftist echo chamber bully pulpit? Well, the first step is admitting the problem, I guess.

That’s a really odd interpretation.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-26, 11:53

kingstonlake wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

*Shrug* Why would anyone be afraid unless it's obvious that there is a vocal mob who will shout down and attack anything said not in line with the group-think?

Of course I'm being a bit facetious, but there's a bit of truth in every jibe.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-01-26, 11:55

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You're free to leave at any time. No one is forcing you to listen or be governed by tSwill.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-26, 11:59

Motown Spartan wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

You're free to leave at any time. No one is forcing you to listen or be governed by tSwill.

But I like leftist mobs.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-26, 12:01

TravelinMan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

*Shrug* Why would anyone be afraid unless it's obvious that there is a vocal mob who will shout down and attack anything said not in line with the group-think?

I told our old friend Guest after his racist, bigoted christian sexual predator hero was elected that it was gonna be a long 4 years at tSwill.

as it turns out, poor 'ol Guest didn't make it the 4 years 'cause he grew tired of us (me) constantly pointing out how anti-America, anti-life (Guest is a huge "pro-life" advocate.. in certain circumstances), racist, bigoted, anti-Constitution, pro-christian his hero was.

so, no - the America First christian patriots here can say whatever they want.. but, decent folks here at tSwill can do that same. Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  3493939353

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-26, 12:02

Motown Spartan wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

it has to be exhausting to whine the way they do.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-26, 12:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I told our old friend Guest after his racist, bigoted christian sexual predator hero was elected that it was gonna be a long 4 years at tSwill.

as it turns out, poor 'ol Guest didn't make it the 4 years 'cause he grew tired of us (me) constantly pointing out how anti-America, anti-life (Guest is a huge "pro-life" advocate.. in certain circumstances), racist, bigoted, anti-Constitution, pro-christian his hero was.

so, no - the America First christian patriots here can say whatever they want.. but, decent folks here at tSwill can do that same. Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  3493939353

It appears to me that you've run off all of the America First Christian Patriots and that you're just yelling into the wind. But if that's your thing, you do you.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-26, 12:10

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I told our old friend Guest after his racist, bigoted christian sexual predator hero was elected that it was gonna be a long 4 years at tSwill.

It appears to me that you've run off all of the America First Christian Patriots and that you're just yelling into the wind. But if that's your thing, you do you.
if the America First Christian Patriots are too fragile to hear opposing views, they're certainly not obligated to stay.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-26, 12:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

if the America First Christian Patriots are too fragile to hear opposing views, they're certainly not obligated to stay.

That great, but then why do you call upon them to voice an opinion when you've already run them off? Seems a bit silly.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-26, 12:14

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if the America First Christian Patriots are too fragile to hear opposing views, they're certainly not obligated to stay.

That great, but then why do you call upon them to voice an opinion when you've already run them off?  Seems a bit silly.
are you new here? Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  502811600

also, thanks for proving my point. Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-01-26, 12:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

That great, but then why do you call upon them to voice an opinion when you've already run them off?  Seems a bit silly.
are you new here? Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  502811600

Classified Documents Found At the Home of Mike Pence..  502811600

It literally says Sarcasm encouraged at the top of the page.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next