Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If FSU left the ACC, what conference is the most likely landing spot?

+13
Cameron
Trapper Gus
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
Motown Spartan
GRR Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
tGreenWay
MiamiSpartan
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If FSU left the ACC, what conference is the most likely landing spot? - Page 2 Empty Re: If FSU left the ACC, what conference is the most likely landing spot?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-02-27, 20:29

Nordic wrote:This is kind of weird discussion as FSU would seem to be pretty low of the BIG's wishlist of ACC teams to pilfer.  I'd rank them something like this.

Tier #1
UNC - Pretty clear #1 IMO.
GTech - Atlanta market. Obv academic reasons. Athletics are kinda meh. This would be like dipping the toe in the south without diving in head first. They have flirted with each other in the past.
UVA - Distant 3rd and I'm not sold on them being a clear #3, But they seem to be a better fit than the others.

Tier 2
Duke - Academic prestige ranking + UNC rivalry ties. Does no Coach K hurt drop them down? Probably. If they are needed to help lure UNC, sure, fine. Otherwise, nah.
Pitt - Natural rival with PSU. Probably ranked to high.
Syracuse - Who doesn't want the biggest TV market in the Americas?
NCSt - Seems like the only draw would be if they had to be packaged with UNC. I can't see them as a draw by themselves.
Virginia Tech - Personal pick. Blacksburg is a beautiful campus and Lane Stadium is awesome. Potential to help lure UVA puts them in Tier 2.

Tier 3
Miami - If you wanna say they should be in Tier 2, I won't argue. This is probably the only Tier 3 that has a chance. But I will never get over the fact that no one shows up for their football games. And I don't know if an on-campus stadium would solve that. The opposite of Blacksburg.
Boston College - No idea where to slot them for a variety of reasons, which kinda says it all. Just avoid.
Clemson - Seems more SEC than BIG.
Wake Forest - My buddy's wife went there, says it's nice. Good academic school for certain things. They are not in Florida. All I got.
FSU - I don't know enough about FSU to know what the draw would be.
Louisville - Seems like if they wanted them they could of had them already.

Tier Go Fuck Yourself
Notre Dame - If FSU left the ACC, what conference is the most likely landing spot? - Page 2 2809484752

tldr except the last part If FSU left the ACC, what conference is the most likely landing spot? - Page 2 55953254
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

If FSU left the ACC, what conference is the most likely landing spot? - Page 2 Empty Re: If FSU left the ACC, what conference is the most likely landing spot?

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-27, 20:32

Nordic wrote:This is kind of weird discussion as FSU would seem to be pretty low of the BIG's wishlist of ACC teams to pilfer.  I'd rank them something like this.

Tier #1
GTech - Atlanta market. Obv academic reasons. Athletics are kinda meh. This would be like dipping the toe in the south without diving in head first. They have flirted with each other in the past.
UVA - Distant 3rd and I'm not sold on them being a clear #3, But they seem to be a better fit than the others.

Tier 2
Duke - Academic prestige ranking + UNC rivalry ties. Does no Coach K hurt drop them down? Probably. If they are needed to help lure UNC, sure, fine. Otherwise, nah.
NCSt - Seems like the only draw would be if they had to be packaged with UNC. I can't see them as a draw by themselves.
Virginia Tech - Personal pick. Blacksburg is a beautiful campus and Lane Stadium is awesome. Potential to help lure UVA puts them in Tier 2.

Tier 3
Miami - If you wanna say they should be in Tier 2, I won't argue. This is probably the only Tier 3 that has a chance. But I will never get over the fact that no one shows up for their football games. And I don't know if an on-campus stadium would solve that. The opposite of Blacksburg.
Boston College - No idea where to slot them for a variety of reasons, which kinda says it all. Just avoid.
Wake Forest - My buddy's wife went there, says it's nice. Good academic school for certain things. They are not in Florida. All I got.

Tier Go Fuck Yourself
Notre Dame - If FSU left the ACC, what conference is the most likely landing spot? - Page 2 2809484752

Best run down I have seen "but since your hate for me has no bounds I probably shouldn't reply. /s"

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2023-02-28, 08:22; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-02-27, 21:25

The best way to improve relations is definitely not to be weird about it.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-02-27, 21:28

That first tier. I do not like all this realignment stuff, but that tier would make for some awesome B10 basketball.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-02-27, 21:38

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Back in the leather helmet era were not wings pretty common as the leather was cut and stitched that way?

I think it's widely recognized (by me) that MSU had the original winged helmet.

While we had winged helmets before umaa, I think Princeton had it first. Crisler brought it to scum when he moved to ann arbor and they’ve claimed it ever since.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-02-27, 22:19

Okay, I’ll be the outlier again and disagree about Notre Dame. No way would I beg, but I want them in the B1G and am willing to wait until they finally figure out it’s the best and most natural fit for them. ND is and has been our second biggest rival for the entirety of my life. The history between our schools is long and storied.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-02-27, 22:34

tGreenWay wrote:Okay, I’ll be the outlier again and disagree about Notre Dame. No way would I beg, but I want them in the B1G and am willing to wait until they finally figure out it’s the best and most natural fit for them. ND is and has been our second biggest rival for the entirety of my life. The history between our schools is long and storied.

I loved the rivalry. So many great games. But I don't miss playing them Schedule them for a non-conf series.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-02-27, 23:07

tGreenWay wrote:Okay, I’ll be the outlier again and disagree about Notre Dame. No way would I beg, but I want them in the B1G and am willing to wait until they finally figure out it’s the best and most natural fit for them. ND is and has been our second biggest rival for the entirety of my life. The history between our schools is long and storied.

I see we are at the "I'll wait for you!" stage of this one-sided love affair.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-02-27, 23:10

GreenWay when he starts thinking about Notre Dame

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-02-28, 00:01

Nordic wrote:

I loved the rivalry. So many great games. But I don't miss playing them Schedule them for a non-conf series.

I’d love to get them back on the schedule regularly. If the games are OOC, so be it, but just get the rivalry going again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-02-28, 00:03

Turtleneck wrote:

I see we are at the "I'll wait for you!" stage of this one-sided love affair.

It’s not just starting, it’s been an ongoing matter for years. The B1G would drop everything and head to South Bend if ND indicated it was finally ready to get serious about joining.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-02-28, 00:04

Turtleneck wrote:GreenWay when he starts thinking about Notre Dame

90s adult contemp. Fuck you’re old.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-02-28, 07:38

Not old enough to call anything adult contemp. Please do not ever say that again.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-28, 08:12

Nordic wrote:To answer the OPs question. SEC.

FSU would seem to be pretty low on the BIG's wishlist of ACC teams to pilfer.  I'd rank them something like this.

Tier #1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier Go Fuck Yourself

I'm not sure any teams would make a wishlist. Not kidding.

Maybe Clemson from a football standpoint. ND if you want to count them as ACC. Maybe Pitt from a regional perspective.

MSU had the 6th highest attendance in the Big Ten last year. Would have been #2 in the ACC.

Georgia Tech is an afterthought even in Atlanta. There's more passion for Bama, Auburn and obviously Georgia. It would be like adding a lesser version of Northwestern.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-28, 08:21

Cameron wrote:The best way to improve relations is definitely not to be weird about it.

Written off as a lost cause, first post replying to one of his since he bitched me out in the MSU shooting thread, so added a bit.  Pretty sure he has me on his enemies list so didn't see it anyway.

Also, this board is really bad at identifying sarcasm, at least from me, unless I add the "/S", which I went back and did.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-02-28, 08:42

Cameron wrote:The best way to improve relations is definitely not to be weird about it.

Hard disagree. If you're trying to improve relations, you have already lost. Winners let the losers do that kind of work. Be a winner, TG.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-28, 08:53

Turtleneck wrote:

Hard disagree. If you're trying to improve relations, you have already lost. Winners let the losers do that kind of work. Be a winner, TG.

What was posted suggested a long and growing irritation, and he was correct regarding the one post which he was directly responding to, so pretty sure it will be a long road back, I agree with your advice.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-02-28, 11:09

ND if we count them
North Carolina
Clemson
FSU
Pitt
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-07-30, 18:21

B1G 10, along with Clemson, Oregon, and Washington…according to some online rumors.

More to come.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-30, 18:32

I used to enjoy chatter about expansion, I found a certain level of excitement to it. Now it just bums me out. Superconferences seem boring and lack geographical significance and ownership. CFB is changing, and I’m caring less and less. When it’s only about money and the playoffs, everything else is minimized. Even paying players got all screwed up.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Trapper Gus, Nordic and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-07-30, 18:44

tGreenWay wrote:I used to enjoy chatter about expansion, I found a certain level of excitement to it. Now it just bums me out. Superconferences seem boring and lack geographical significance and ownership. CFB is changing, and I’m caring less and less. When it’s only about money and the playoffs, everything else is minimized. Even paying players got all screwed up.

Maybe because it's still only July 30th, but I've never been less excited for college football to start, despite buying two new MSU t-shirts this week.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay, Trapper Gus and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-30, 18:56

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I used to enjoy chatter about expansion, I found a certain level of excitement to it. Now it just bums me out. Superconferences seem boring and lack geographical significance and ownership. CFB is changing, and I’m caring less and less. When it’s only about money and the playoffs, everything else is minimized. Even paying players got all screwed up.

Maybe because it's still only July 30th, but I've never been less excited for college football to start, despite buying two new MSU t-shirts this week.

Yep, I know I’ll get excited for the good guys once things get going, but right now there’s little reason to be excited for the future of the sport. I’ve even watched a little women’s soccer. I know the US women are now making some decent money and they’re still in it for the team and the chance to be champions again.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-30, 19:13

I get excited once the players on the team are known, so after all the recruiting & portal transfers, meaning right about now. Liking that MSU is hyping some of the players and feeling really bummed about Snow.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-07-30, 19:23

Trapper Gus wrote:I get excited once the players on the team are known, so after all the recruiting & portal transfers, meaning right about now. Liking that MSU is hyping some of the players and feeling really bummed about Snow.

Wait, is he not coming back?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-30, 19:29

Tuck on Snow
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-30, 19:31

Motown Spartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:I get excited once the players on the team are known, so after all the recruiting & portal transfers, meaning right about now.  Liking that MSU is hyping some of the players and feeling really bummed about Snow.

Not known, however Tucker et al are not hyping him at all and making "one day at a time" noises.

He, Snow that is, posted a video of some exercises he has been doing.  Hoping for the best...

My feeling, certainly not his, is that if it takes 2 years I would rather have him at 100%
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-07-30, 19:33

Trapper Gus wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Not known, however Tucker et al are not hyping him at all and making "one day at a time" noises.

He, Snow that is, posted a video of some exercises he has been doing. Hoping for the best...

I took it more as he needs to see what he can do at full speed. No need to rush him back.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-07-30, 20:19

Mega conferences will form, divisions will be formed based on location. How will that be much different
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Turtleneck and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-30, 21:19

Trapper Gus wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

He, Snow that is, posted a video of some exercises he has been doing.  Hoping for the best...

My feeling, certainly not his, is that if it takes 2 years I would rather have him at 100%

Based on that video, I do believe he’ll be back, but I doubt he’ll ever be at 100% again. I’d be thrilled to be proven wrong, even if he doesn’t reach it until after his time at MSU is passed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-07-31, 12:01

I am not buying this stuff, but more change is definitely coming. This just seems too big for the moment.

[tw]1685828993520668672?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-07-31, 12:41

Supposedly the last hurdle to get over is Michigan demanding the first 40 games against Clemson, FSU, Oregon, and Washington be played in Ann Arbor
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-07-31, 19:44

https://www.tigernet.com/clemson-forum/thread/ok-lets-catch-up-on-all-this-realignment-talk-2264247
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2