Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks Like Advertising Does Work

+3
TravelinMan
Trapper Gus
steveschneider
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looks Like Advertising Does Work Empty Looks Like Advertising Does Work

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-28, 08:53

Sales of Bud Light down 28.5%. Ooh boy.

And the beer is so bad the woke culture warriors won’t give up their IPAs to help out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Looks Like Advertising Does Work Empty Re: Looks Like Advertising Does Work

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-28, 08:59

steveschneider wrote:Sales of Bud Light down 28.5%. Ooh boy.

And the beer is so bad the woke culture warriors won’t give up their IPAs to help out.

You sort of hit the nail on the head with your second sentence.

However, what we have learned is that when your market is one segment of the population, and they suddenly decide to boycott your brand the sales of that brand will fall.

It also is that the MSM is making a bigger deal out of this than it really is, given the near monopoly ownership of the mass produced beer market.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-28, 09:09

Trapper Gus wrote:

However, what we have learned is that when your market is one segment of the population, and they suddenly decide to boycott your brand the sales of that brand will fall.

It also is that the MSM is making a bigger deal out of this than it really is, given the near monopoly ownership of the mass produced beer market.

I’ve never seen an ad that made me want to drink a bud light but we can all agree we’ve seen an ad that has made kid rock fans want to stop drinking Bud Light.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-06-28, 09:10

steveschneider wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I’ve never seen an ad that made me want to drink a bud light but we can all agree we’ve seen an ad that has made kid rock fans want to stop drinking Bud Light.

Do you think you are Bud Light's target purchaser?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-28, 09:27

Russian River could advertise to Hitler Youth and I'd still probably want to drink a Pliny the Elder.

Bud Light tastes like ass. Which is a shame, as I was buying beer yesterday for my July 4th party, and with rebates, you can apparently get a 24 pack for under $4. But I wouldn't serve that to my guests.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-28, 09:41

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Do you think you are Bud Light's target purchaser?

I like country music, banjo picking and I went to a NASCAR race a long time ago. Maybe?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-28, 09:43

TravelinMan wrote:

Russian River could advertise to Hitler Youth and I'd still probably want to drink a Pliny the Elder.

Bud Light tastes like ass. Which is a shame, as I was buying beer yesterday for my July 4th party, and with rebates, you can apparently get a 24 pack for under $4. But I wouldn't serve that to my guests.

Bud Light might be useful to deter vermin from messing with the garden.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-28, 09:44

steveschneider wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

It's got enough water in it that it might be good for the plants?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-28, 09:49

I'm still laughing at fragile republicans/libertarians who get upset at beer cans. Looks Like Advertising Does Work 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-28, 09:51

On the flip side tv advertising spends are way down. Have friends in the biz and a lot of the big agencies are down sizing and moving from Madison Ave to cheaper spaces down town. A lot of people are leaving the biz. It was always an industry based on B$ and I could never believe how much money companies spent on it. Looks like they are going to have to modernize their marketing which is to actually make good products at a fair price and be innovative. I’m proud of the American consumer for finally seeing through the BS.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-28, 09:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm still laughing at fragile republicans/libertarians who get upset at beer cans. Looks Like Advertising Does Work 502811600

Yeah we are talking about a couple of Instagram posts and what a melt down.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-28, 09:56

TravelinMan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It's got enough water in it that it might be good for the plants?

And the ingredients might deter skunks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-28, 10:04

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm still laughing at fragile republicans/libertarians who get upset at beer cans. Looks Like Advertising Does Work 502811600

white people are strange.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-28, 10:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

white people are strange.

Went to a birthday party and all the Bud Light drinkers switched to Michelob Ultra. That sure will send a message to Anheuser Busch.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-28, 10:09

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: white people are strange.

Went to a birthday party and all the Bud Light drinkers switched to Michelob Ultra. That sure will send a message to Anheuser Busch.
Looks Like Advertising Does Work 502811600

Exactly. You can only expect so much from people who rigidly adhere to the mainstream media talking points.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-06-28, 10:15

The BudLight ad featuring Dylan Mulvaney got legs when OAN, FoxNews and Nextstar’s Scripps cable channels have time for a TikTok ad.

It’s been a perfect tie in to justify the GOP / right wing/self-labeled libertarians making the LGBTQ community the new political target in the 21st Century.

It worked for Franco, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin and the Turks in the 20th Century to blame ethnic minorities when they were needing to gin up their bases.

This is no different and MSM is complicit because they are ratings generated profit centers.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-28, 10:19

GRR Spartan wrote:The BudLight ad featuring Dylan Mulvaney got legs when OAN, FoxNews and Nextstar’s Scripps cable channels have time for a TikTok ad.

It’s been a perfect tie in to justify the GOP / right wing/self-labeled libertarians making the LGBTQ community the new political target in the 21st Century.

It worked for Franco, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin and the Turks in the 20th Century to blame ethnic minorities when they were needing to gin up their bases.

This is no different and MSM is complicit because they are ratings generated profit centers.

I do find it strange how the GOP has declared war on the LGBTQ community. It seemed like everything was fine, people were getting and enjoying their rights, and no one was bothering anybody and then BAM all of the sudden it's every other news story.

Like, I understand why abortion rights is an issue. There was a recent big change. But what happened to trigger the right on "The Gays?"
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-28, 10:20

GRR Spartan wrote:The BudLight ad featuring Dylan Mulvaney got legs when OAN, FoxNews and Nextstar’s Scripps cable channels have time for a TikTok ad.

America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-28, 10:26

TravelinMan wrote:

I do find it strange how the GOP has declared war on the LGBTQ community.  It seemed like everything was fine, people were getting and enjoying their rights, and no one was bothering anybody and then BAM all of the sudden it's every other news story.

Like, I understand why abortion rights is an issue.  There was a recent big change.  But what happened to trigger the right on "The Gays?"
they know that their republican/libertarian faithful are easily manipulated and not real smart. They can distract y'all via silly manufactured narratives in an effort to harness power so they can further marginalize all disenfranchised populations.

If they can scare y'all into believing that "they're coming for you and your family", their feeble-minded followers will cede all freedoms to stay protected.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-28, 10:49

“I got negative bombed on the swill and I didn’t Care” shirts will be available on my Etsy shop. A fun shirt to wear out to the bars while you drink a Miller Lite.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-28, 11:15

Don't worry, Bud LIght will be fine. Conservatives have no conviction.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-28, 11:24

Motown Spartan wrote:Don't worry, Bud LIght will be fine. Conservatives have no conviction.
ya gotta think that, at some point, they're gonna run out of things to whine about and boycott.

Remember when they boycotted the NFL 'cause black people were tired of getting murdered?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-28, 11:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:Don't worry, Bud LIght will be fine. Conservatives have no conviction.
ya gotta think that, at some point, they're gonna run out of things to whine about and boycott.

Remember when they boycotted the NFL 'cause black people were tired of getting murdered?

Remember when they tried to cancel "Cancel Culture" only to be exposed as the most hypocritical class of humans on the planet?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-28, 12:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

I do find it strange how the GOP has declared war on the LGBTQ community.  It seemed like everything was fine, people were getting and enjoying their rights, and no one was bothering anybody and then BAM all of the sudden it's every other news story.

Like, I understand why abortion rights is an issue.  There was a recent big change.  But what happened to trigger the right on "The Gays?"
they know that their republican/libertarian faithful are easily manipulated and not real smart. They can distract y'all via silly manufactured narratives in an effort to harness power so they can further marginalize all disenfranchised populations.

If they can scare y'all into believing that "they're coming for you and your family", their feeble-minded followers will cede all freedoms to stay protected.

By attacking the LGBTQ community, they've advertised they ARE coming for my family.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-06-28, 12:03

Must be hard “Travelin” when your full time message board job is trying to legitimize what others have de-legitimized relabeling from “conservative”.

LGBQT community today are the Jewish and Romani of the last century and if you believe need coming from campuses the Jewish community is becoming a target again.

The TikTok BudLight ad was just the ignition point and the excuse the GOP and their media partners needed to create a reason for their supporters to behave badly.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2023-06-28, 12:17; edited 2 times in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-28, 12:04

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

By attacking the LGBTQ community, they've advertised they ARE coming for my family.
do what you want, of course, but I'd stop voting for them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-28, 12:05

Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: ya gotta think that, at some point, they're gonna run out of things to whine about and boycott.

Remember when they tried to cancel "Cancel Culture" only to be exposed as the most hypocritical class of humans on the planet?
we also call that "every day that ends in y". Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-28, 12:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

When Trump says “they are coming for you but to get to you first they have to get me” they believe it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-28, 12:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

do what you want, of course, but I'd stop voting for them.

I'd have to start first in order to stop.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-06-28, 12:07

GRR Spartan wrote:Must be hard “Traveling” when you’re a stubbed toe.

I don't even know what that means. But cool insult? Maybe?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-28, 12:16

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

When Trump says “they are coming for you but to get to you first they have to get me” they believe it.
exactly.

I'll never understand the gullibility of some folks.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-28, 12:17

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: do what you want, of course, but I'd stop voting for them.

I'd have to start first in order to stop.
okay.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-28, 12:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

exactly.

One of his campaign speeches he said he even liked stupid people and the room erupted in applause.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-28, 12:47

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: exactly.

One of his campaign speeches he said he even liked stupid people and the room erupted in applause.

The republicans/libertarians are a unique bunch of folks.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-28, 12:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The republicans/libertarians are a unique bunch of folks.

2024 is right around the corner and sadly it’s time for Americans to mobilize and defeat Trumpism again. I’m sure all the racists, Nazis, meth heads, Christians, proud boys, oath keepers and fans of info wars are going to be out in full force. I saw an arrest Fauci info wars bumper sticker the other day. We got a lot of work ahead of us.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-06-29, 07:18

Ooft I don’t think a Super Bowl ad has ever had this kind of an impact.

“ The CEO of Anheuser-Busch, the parent company of Bud Light, said financial assistance has already begun being sent to wholesalers and beer distributors affected by a two-month sales decline caused by an ongoing customer boycott.”
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-07-14, 09:03

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/glass-bottling-plants-shutting-down-163753701.html

Oh no looks like the Bud Light boycott has cost red state America 600 jobs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-07-14, 09:31

steveschneider wrote:https://finance.yahoo.com/news/glass-bottling-plants-shutting-down-163753701.html

Oh no looks like the Bud Light boycott has cost red state America 600 jobs.
but at least they owned the libs. Looks Like Advertising Does Work 502811600

thoughts and prayers.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-07-18, 08:15

https://nypost.com/2023/04/26/ultra-right-beer-expected-to-hit-1m-in-sales-amid-bud-light-boycott/amp/

Ultra Right Beer expected to do 1 million in business. I’m not sure if it’s less filling or if it tastes great but they are making it clear it is woke free.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-07-18, 08:20

steveschneider wrote:https://nypost.com/2023/04/26/ultra-right-beer-expected-to-hit-1m-in-sales-amid-bud-light-boycott/amp/

Ultra Right Beer expected to do 1 million in business. I’m not sure if it’s less filling or if it tastes great but they are making it clear it is woke free.

$20 a six pak?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next