Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

East Lansing city council agree to pay 15K to MSU student arrested at Dublin Square

+10
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
Rodeo Burger
duffy munn
Stoops21
Blanch32
CORNER BLITZ
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
14 posters

Go down

East Lansing city council agree to pay 15K to MSU student arrested at Dublin Square Empty East Lansing city council agree to pay 15K to MSU student arrested at Dublin Square

Post by DWags 2014-08-13, 20:06

Dumb ass cops thought a 1988 50 dollar bill was counterfeit.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20140813/NEWS01/308120048/East-Lansing-settles-lawsuit-filed-by-MSU-student?nclick_check=1
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

East Lansing city council agree to pay 15K to MSU student arrested at Dublin Square Empty Re: East Lansing city council agree to pay 15K to MSU student arrested at Dublin Square

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-13, 20:12

Wish it was more. F EL.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

East Lansing city council agree to pay 15K to MSU student arrested at Dublin Square Empty Re: East Lansing city council agree to pay 15K to MSU student arrested at Dublin Square

Post by tGreenWay 2014-08-13, 20:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Wish it was more. F EL.

Fvck you. I love EL.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-08-13, 20:27

tGreenWay wrote:

Fvck you. I love EL.

We all love EL...but I think we can all agree that EL also sucks and is nowhere near the town it could/should be
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-08-13, 20:29

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

We all love EL...but I think we can all agree that EL also sucks and is nowhere near the town it could/should be

That's true of most places. Plus, we've got Bob.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-08-13, 20:42

So? This happens everywhere.

Sincerely,

Duffy
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-08-13, 20:46

EL is run by the Gestapo and the city council blows. The city doesn't deserve to have this great university. Damn shame.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-08-13, 20:49

tGreenWay wrote:

That's true of most places.  Plus, we've got Bob.  

exactly, I said it sucked
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-08-13, 20:51

Blanch32 wrote:So? This happens everywhere.

Sincerely,

Duffy

This is going to cost the people that pay property taxes. Of course you wouldn't know anything about that.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-13, 20:58

duffy munn wrote:

This is going to cost the people that pay property taxes. Of course you wouldn't know anything  about that.

I'm sure it's more complicated than this, and you would know, so please spit knowledge.

I think it should. The people that pay property taxes are the ones who have been pushing the City Council/ELPD in this direction for years. They don't want the kids making noise in their neighborhoods. The enforcement policies of the ELPD and CC are a direct result of their desires and voting. The over zealous-ness is something they are partially/mostly responsible for. Right?

I wish for more harmony there between the residents, the businesses, the ELPD, the City Council, and the students. But it all starts with the residents, no?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-13, 21:04

Typical Baby Boomer BS. They move to a college town, because AARP Magazine said it was the trendy thing to do. Then they're aghast that there's college kids in the college town, and want them all to move out.

They did the same thing in the Rockies and the entire Florida coast: "Hey, this is great! Let's pave it over with condos and shuffleboard and get those damn skiers and surfers out of here!".
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-08-13, 21:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I'm sure it's more complicated than this, and you would know, so please spit knowledge.

I think it should. The people that pay property taxes are the ones who have been pushing the City Council/ELPD in this direction for years. They don't want the kids making noise in their neighborhoods. The enforcement policies of the ELPD and CC are a direct result of their desires and voting. The over zealous-ness is something they are partially/mostly responsible for. Right?

I wish for more harmony there between the residents, the businesses, the ELPD, the City Council, and the students. But it all starts with the residents, no?

The vocal minority complain about the students. ( see Sally Silver ) . Most everyone I know in EL love living here and have no problem with the students.

Perception is not reality in this case.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-13, 21:33

duffy munn wrote:

The vocal minority  complain about the students. ( see Sally Silver ) . Most everyone I know in EL love living here and have no problem with the students.

Interesting. Thanks for the insight. No idea how to change that tomfoolery. I really thought I might want to live in EL one day. Don't see it happening anymore.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-14, 08:02

tGreenWay wrote:

That's true of most places.  Plus, we've got Bob.  
the cultural significance and economic impact of this cannot be overstated..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-14, 08:40

duffy munn wrote:

This is going to cost the people that pay property taxes. Of course you wouldn't know anything  about that.

Then of course they won't mind paying this either:

It’s the second settlement involving an East Lansing police officer this year. In March, the city agreed to pay $35,000 to settle a claim brought by a man who said an officer used excessive force to restrain him.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-08-14, 09:39

duffy munn wrote:

The vocal minority complain about the students. ( see Sally Silver ) . Most everyone I know in EL love living here and have no problem with the students.

Unlike Msu athletics, its beyond obvious this "vocal minority" runs the el show
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-08-14, 09:43

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Then of course they won't mind paying this either:

It’s the second settlement involving an East Lansing police officer this year. In March, the city agreed to pay $35,000 to settle a claim brought by a man who said an officer used excessive force to restrain him.

"You fellas wanna read me my rights?"

"You have the right to remain silent. You have the right to have your face kicked in by me. You have the right to have your balls stomped by him."

"I'll... waive my rights."

East Lansing city council agree to pay 15K to MSU student arrested at Dublin Square Untitl12
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-08-14, 09:43

The disorderly conduct charges were later dropped in exchange for Yaldo pleading to a littering charge, the fine for which was paid with the same $50 bill initially though to have been a fake.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-08-14, 10:37

Blanch32 wrote:

Unlike Msu athletics, its beyond obvious this "vocal minority" runs the el show

Guy who lived in EL for 48 months a decade ago and visits once every couple of years= expert in all things EL.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Alpamayo 2014-08-14, 10:39

"Yaldo tried to buy shots at the bar using a 1988 series $50 bill he’d received from Michigan State University’s financial aid office. Yaldo, according to court documents, preferred older bills because he was less likely to spend them....

When DeKorte, a 30-year veteran, arrived at the crowded bar, Yaldo was screaming at employees, according to DeKorte’s affidavit. Yaldo ended up handcuffed and arrested for disorderly conduct."

The police suck, but this dude sounds like a tool/asshole.
Johnny Alpamayo
Johnny Alpamayo
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-14, 11:02

Johnny Alpamayo wrote:"Yaldo tried to buy shots at the bar using a 1988 series $50 bill he’d received from Michigan State University’s financial aid office. Yaldo, according to court documents, preferred older bills because he was less likely to spend them....

When DeKorte, a 30-year veteran, arrived at the crowded bar, Yaldo was screaming at employees, according to DeKorte’s affidavit. Yaldo ended up handcuffed and arrested for disorderly conduct."

They confiscated his $50 and then called the police, I suppose I'd be a little upset too because unlike Tanner I don't throw $50's around like used paper towels.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-08-14, 12:57

Johnny Alpamayo wrote:"Yaldo tried to buy shots at the bar using a 1988 series $50 bill he’d received from Michigan State University’s financial aid office. Yaldo, according to court documents, preferred older bills because he was less likely to spend them....

Not much of a surprise given the officer in question...I know a lot of people that have had run ins with that particular dbag.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down